• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Undertale, trying to live a normal life! (Open!)

Frisk

It was getting to the point where Frisk just wanted to scream in frustration. First, two humans just show up out of nowhere. This was supposed to be the time the girl used to reconnect with everyone, to make up for past mistakes...but no, she has to watch over these potential threats to her home. On top of that, Flowey resurfaced, only to start implanting fear and doubt into Nova and Ryan. More specifically doing so, in a way that makes Frisk look like the bad guy. All the human wanted to do was sit down. To yell. To cry, for a while. Just a few moments to herself, to process everything...but, she wouldn't get such a luxury.

Ryan, whether he knew how easy it was to tell or not, was practically screaming bloody murder. His fear was blatantly obvious at this point, at least to Frisk's eye. Flowey had succeeded easily, in that battle. The boy looked like he might run at any moment, at which point he would be completely unsupervised. With that much fear, who knew what he might do, should someone like Flowey get to influence the boy directly. Frisk was confident, that only she could help him onto the safe path...but there was no way Ryan would listen to her right now.

Then there was Nova...who seemed to have fallen into full on depression. In such a sad state, she would be easily influenced by nearly anyone. Or anything...which was really concerning, to say the least. Flowey might be able to convince her to kill. And if she did, and gained enough LOVE...then Chara might be able to guide her down...that path. But neither human would listen to Frisk now. So what could she do?! The human tensed, forcing herself to walk forward and to not show it to them. Honestly, killing all of them would be much easier.

The girl stopped, with that thought hitting her like a freight train. Sure, it would be really easy, wouldn't it? They couldn't possibly expect it. In a moment, at least one of the humans could be killed, leaving the other too stunned to do anything. Then a slice through Flowey, and a couple jabs into Great to leave no witnesses...the knife felt insanely hot. Unbearable, even. Frisk let it drop out of her sleeve, catching it expertly. She held it for a moment, contemplating her choices. But only a second later, the human slid it under her shirt. Hardly noticeable. Unless anyone was paying any specific attention to Frisk's arm, they wouldn't of noticed. But the wave of hatred that bled off of the girl at that moment, might even have been potent enough for the other humans to feel.

At this point, Frisk had been standing in silence for a minute or so. Snapping back to reality, she realized how odd it might have been. She played it off rather coolly though, her voice and body language giving away nothing. "You know...Flowey." Frisk turned around to face the plant. "I don't appreciate you talking behind my back, planning. Whispering. Lying." The girl put heavy focus on that last word. "When are you going to tell them? What you're really planning." She turned, facing Ryan directly. "Let me guess, you think I'm some murderer, right? Because of that plant?" The human pointed her finger at the flower.

Frisk was quickly loosing her cool, but she tried to not let her anger spill over...or, was it anger? "Look, I'll admit I'm not innocent. You put yourself in my shoes for a second, and you'll understand why." She recounted the faces of all the monsters she killed, realizing just how bad she felt for it. "Of course I killed a few monsters. I fell into a world of...of abnormal creatures, torn away from my family because of some stupid mistake!" Her vision, oddly enough, was growing blurry, as tears started to form. "Then...in this new world, these scary creatures started attacking me for no reason, other then because I was a human. That was it. That was the damn reason!"

Her voice was getting shaky, and strained. A few hot tears poured down. "...a-and...that thing, was the first one." She once again pointed at Flowey. "So yeah, maybe I am a murder-..." Her voice cut out, at those words. "...b-but...I was scared. Confused, and alone...then, after a long time things finally got better. I made a new family, new friends. I felt like I just might make it to the surface again, and even save everyone down here..." More tears let loose. "...except, it stopped me. You, Flowey!" Frisk tried to sound menacing, but in her current state, it came out rather sadly. The memory of Asgore's death resurfaced. But instead of getting mad at the goat...she actually felt bad. The human wanted to say more, but she just lost all her energy. The girl shakily fell to her knees, rubbing her eyes. Why had she broken down?...maybe all the stress finally opened her up. Maybe seeing the other humans, made the girl remember her own humanity. Who knew.

@Noivian @Lordvader59 @BetaNymph

Chara

Chara's grin widened. Oh, this was getting interesting. She could see the thought of killing them pass through Frisk's mind simply by reading the girl's expression. "Yes, yes that's the way," she urged. Killing certain monsters gained her a lot of EXP, sure, but how much would Frisk gain from killing a human? Given that they would probably be harder to kill and generally have more determination, that would probably make Frisk's LOVE skyrocket. Who knows? Perhaps one was enough to allow Chara to fully materialize? The ghost girl grinned in excitement at the idea. Then she could kill Flowey herself.

She watched expectantly as Frisk took out her knife, and had half a mind to possess the girl right then and there... but then Frisk slid the knife back under her shirt. Huffing and pouting angrily, Chara crossed her arms and floated onto her back, kicking her feet up into the air. "You know killing them is the safest choice, right? One's terrified of monsters and the other is terrified of you. There's no way you can possibly keep them from killing and keep them alive at the same time..."

The ghost girl hesitated as Frisk started to speak. Listening to the living girl's speech, it actually sounded like Frisk was innocent. Her pout turned to a frown, then deepened in concern as Frisk fell to her knees in the snow. Chara could relate almost too well, except instead of monsters, there were humans... and her fall was perhaps the best thing that happened to her at the time. No, Chara decided she and Frisk weren't really alike after all. Frisk had fallen to adversity and made life better through it, while Chara had fallen to peace and cause turmoil. And yet, Chara couldn't help but empathize with Frisk. She knew how it felt to have people against you, to have to try and make the best out of a bad situation, to feel trapped...

Chara lowered herself to the ground and walked over to Frisk's side, kneeling besides her. Despite her utter hatred for humans, despite her disliking of Frisk... Chara found herself gently wrapping her arms around Frisk. She wanted to say something, but was too stunned by her own actions to make anything seem genuine. Given her previous words, Chara doubted Frisk would even want her comfort, but it wasn't like the human had much of a choice in the matter. A ghostly warm hand patted Frisk's back, while the other whisked a tear off Frisk's cheek... or attempted to, at least. Being incorporeal, Chara couldn't actually physically touch anything. Her thumb phased through the tear and Chara gave a small sigh, before pulling away and forcing herself to become transparent, even to Frisk. That was embarrassingly sappy of her, and Chara hoped she never repeated that.

@TheGossipLink

Flowey

Flowey rolled his eyes as Frisk broke down. "Oh, please." He turned to Nova and Ryan and frowned at them. "Please don't tell me you actually feel bad for her." When it seemed that the two humans could potentially have felt sympathetic for her, Flowey cleared his throat.

"
Alright, I want you to think about it like this. Pretend some stranger - a monster you've never seen before - burst into your home. You don't know what they want, if they're here to harm you or what. You'd be scared, and who could blame you? You'd want to defend yourself and those your cared about from this probably dangerous person."

A devilish grin appeared on the flower's face and his voice slowly started getting darker as he continued. "
Now pretend this monster started murdering your family. Your brother, sisters, parents, killed in front of you, begging for their life." He chuckled at the imagery.

By now Flowey's voice was practically dead serious as he turned to Frisk. "
This is what a lot of these innocent monsters had to go through. A lot of them are now alone, the ones they cared about, dead, because of YOU. The monsters didn't attack you because you were human. They attacked you because they were scared. And you MURDERED them."

He shook his head dismissively at her. "Tsk. Tsk. And don't even try to compare yourself to these two. I'm not sure about him," Flowey nodded at Ryan. "But I watched Nova here as she fell into the ruins. She didn't kill a single monster. And do you know why? Because she knows she doesn't belong here. She knew it wasn't her place to start killing monsters in their OWN HOMES."

A cheerful smile appeared on Flowey's face and he winked at Frisk. "
So don't even try making me look like the bad guy. You have a lot more to answer for than I do."

He looked up at Nova. "
Like I said. Keep her away from me."

Inside his mind, Flowey was having a blast. For once things were going his way. This was perfect. He was expertly framing Frisk in an negative light - he had made it seem that Frisk wasn't as vulnerable as she seems. Which, to be honest, wasn't particularly wrong. He had hoped that his explanations would turn sympathy away from her and he could continue carrying out his plans. After all, she had just admitted to murder. Not exactly something that sets you off on the right foot.

@Noivian @TheGossipLink @Lordvader59

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan stopped the act. He cast a glance at his watch. "Oh, just look at the time! I have an appointment... anywhere but here!" He had noticed the knife, and quickly ran for the door of the room. Fight or flight kicked in as he did so and his hand flew to the hilt of his saber, and he drew it. He looked at Nova. "Ok, I'll give the two of you one chance. Are you coming with me, or staying with... her?" He said "Her" as one may say "Stalin" or "Jason Vorhees"

@Noivian @BetaNymph @TheGossipLink

Nova

Nova looked over the toy lightsaber, raising an eyebrow both in distaste and disbelief. Frisk and Flowey's speeches had seemed to pull them out of their stupor. Things seemed to hinge on them right now, and they didn't like it much. "What do you honestly think a plastic toy is going to do against a real knife?" they said to Ryan. If the distaste wasn't obvious in their face, it sure was obvious in their voice. "Calm down. No one's hurting anyone, and if someone decides to try and funny business, I'll hit them with the flower. Pot and all." From the weight of the cooking pot and soil inside it, Nova figured their arms were going to be significantly stronger after this. Already, they felt like the weight and their strength would be enough to knock someone out with a direct blow to the head.

"Now, here's how things are going to go down. I've made up my mind, and have plenty of backup plans, so don't persuade me otherwise. Frisk, go get the monster you trust the most. Flowey, give me the fastest possible directions to the barrier. Before you leave, Frisk, I'll need you to confirm Flowey's directions. I don't trust either of you, but I know one of you doesn't want me to die, so I figure asking you both for the same information will work. Once I reach the barrier and Frisk shows up with the monster, I'll tell you the rest of my plan. For now, the flower remains with me. Ryan, you're free to join me if you want, but I can't guarantee you'll be able to go through the barrier as well. Any questions?"

Nova paused, realizing something. They tensed up visibly. "'Them'." Their glare turned to Flowey. "Don't ever call me a 'her' or 'she'. I'm a 'they/them'. I'll snap your stem in half if you ever call me 'she/her' again." Sure, Nova was biologically female, but they disliked it. They didn't want to be either male of female permanently. They just wanted to not worry about pronouns being mixed up as their mood changed.

@BetaNymph @TheGossipLink @Lordvader59

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back