• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Ultimate story Omniverse- The Human Forge: Fanning the Flame

Characters
Here
John dodges what he can. The slower swipes were easier to track. One, he parries, sending the blade past him and Oni closer, into his fist.

In a dangerous move, he takes one of the jabs to his abdomen, but uses this opportunity to clap Oni's temples between his hands.

John upper cuts Oni, lifting him off his feet, then, at blinding speed, grabs his leg and throws him through the wall out of the building, into the open air. John flies after him.

For good measure, John slams him with both of his fists at the same time. He goes to walk away out of the crater, but falls to one knee. Level 5 had begun taking its toll.

Oni stands up “impressive. But as you can see.” He grabs Johns’ neck “not very affective.” He sheathes his blades “my turn.” He punches John way up in the air and in the blink of an eye he’s up there as well and he punches him back down, then back at the ground he starts playing ping pong with himself, kicking John back and forth extremely fast before smashing him into a crater on the ground, he grabs John by the neck and lifts him up “now do you see how outmatched you are?”

*Tri sighed- now was the time to attack. faster than the ey could see, he impaled Oni with his sword, and sent him flying of as Tri punched him into the air*

Suddenly Oni was behind Tri and his sword was impaled in Tris’ back. “I killed a dark angel once. He was bigger then you.” He pulls the sword out, grabs Tris’ head, and chucks him into the side of a mountain.

John lay on the ground, broken and bleeding. He was in immeasurable pain. Was this the end? Was he dying? No. Not yet, but yes. The fire inside him was too hot. Too hot. Pain. Pain. He couldn't think. He gripped at the burning in his chest, trying to scratch it out. He screamed. Go away. Go away pain. Leave me, or let me die. Then he thought. An outlet. He needed to release his fire. He roared, a huge blast of fire expelling out of his mouth. It scorched his bleeding lips, burned his tongue. The fire was gone, though, down to its original size. He felt relief at the slight heartburn. It was almost comforting at this point. He was slowly losing concsiousness. He tried so hard, yet he still might die. Who was it that rescued him? He would have to thank them later.

Oni walks over to Tri to make sure he’s dead before finishing off John. Meanwhile Suzanne managed to lose Kappa in the castle and made her way over to where John was laying “please don’t be dead.” She put an ear to his chest to listen for a heartbeat.

Thump. She could feel the warmth of his flame through him. He wasn't dead. He was cut, bruised, broken, and charred, but not dead. Not yet.

“Thank goodness. This was a bust, time to go.” She drags him back to the life raft.

“hey!” Kappa found her and jumped over to her “there you are!”

“I don’t have time for this!” As fast as a bullet she started cutting his armored body making him stumbled back until he fell in the water. She quickly got John on the raft and got them out of there.

The black crow demon that had been following them cawed, both shining eyes fixed on John's battered form, before flying off to inform Akuma.

John woke up when they were back on the boat. He looked around frantically. He didn't know exactly where he was, disoriented. The last thing he remembered was Oni's strength at the end of that fight. How could he stand up to him so easily? The flames. That's what it must be. He had to get stronger. This was now much more than a vendetta. The world's fate was at stake, it seemed. He sat up, groaning in pain.

John held his hand up to his head. His body ached. He could barely move. He had used the fifth level only once before today - in practice. The pain it caused him resulted in his level immediately falling back to base. Then he couldn't fan his flame for a week after, and literally could not move. That was right after Strong took him under his wing. Obviously, he had time to build up resistance to the after-effects. Still, he reckoned he wouldn't be able to increase his level for a day or two. At least he could move though. "I'm gonna be out of commision for a bit. It's hard to even move right now, and I'm hurt really bad, Suzy." He could feel the flame in his chest was smaller. He went too far. "And it didn't even matter." He looked sullen.

She decided not to correct him this time, she stops spinning the swords and takes a seat “well, what are we going to do? We need to stop him before he makes good on his plans. Who knows what he’s got planned to achieve his goals. We need to act fast and carefully, maybe if we had more firepower or something.”

"I don't know." John says. "Help me get to my apartment. Please. I have the key to Strong's base. Maybe he has something in there to help." This was earnest. John had exhausted all of the options he himself contained. Surely, Strong, who had been working against Oni for years, would have something capable of stopping him. Or maybe he, like John, thought his abilities would be enough. It was the only thing he could think of, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back