• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Ultimate story Omniverse- The Human Forge: Fanning the Flame

Characters
Here
John sat alone in his apartment, his red irises alight by the screen of his laptop. On it, there was a picture of the very man he had now sworn to kill, with the little information he had on him. How? John thought to himself, How am I supposed to catch him? This was indeed the question, as Oni had evaded Strong for years, only appearing in recent times once - to bait and kill John's teacher. This weighed heavily on him, as for the last three months, he only left his house to fight crime and buy groceries. He even took to wearing his suit at all times, only taking it off to wash. He ran a hand through his hair, and regarded his reflection in the screen of his computer. He was unshaven, with dark bags under his eyes. He didn't look at all like the hero the people needed, nor did he feel like it. Strong was a real hero, he thought. He didn't know whether or not he would be able to live up to the legacy Strong had left him. At that moment, the police radio he had posted up beside his armchair lit up. "Attention, we've got a 211 and a 136 at the Opal City Bank," the dispatch agent began, "And we need any and all nearby officers to respond immediately." John got up and made for the door, but the radio came alight with one parting phrase that stuck with him. "Also, Strong, if you're out there and listening, please come back. We need you." The death of Captain Strong was never made public, and John thought a moment as to why that was. He pushed them out of his mind quickly though, and left through the door. His city needs him, after all.

The robbery was close, it was being committed by a bunch of men in white masks. “Come on keep moving! Don’t want the boss lady getting mad again!” They were holding the workers hostage to keep the police at bay while they cleaned out the safe.

John ran onto the scene. There were at least five police cars lined up outside the bank. As he arrived, so did a hostage negotiator, who stepped out of a black car holding a megaphone. John bypassed the officer blocking off the scene, saying "I'm here to help," as he did. He walked up to an investigator on the scene. "What do you need me to do?" John asked, as the negotiator manned the megaphone, and began to call at the men inside, pleading for the workers and asking for demands.

The chief rubbed his eyes, he didn’t fully agree with accepting the help of heroes for things like this, but they weren’t accepting any of his deals so he was desperate. “Just, get in there quietly, take out the guys with the hostages, without getting them killed alright? Who are you by the way?”

"John Wagner, The Human Forge. I am Captain Strong's second." John replies. "Keep them focussed on the situation out here, I'll go in through the back." John says, as he makes way for the other side of the bank.

The chief was amazed, Captain Strong had a sidekick?

there was one guy keeping watch out back. “Why do I always get lookout duty? I wanna take the money to. If the boss lady didn’t scare the crap outta me I’d give her a piece of my mind.”
GallantDisciple GallantDisciple

John stepped to the side of the bank for a moment. He breathed in a very careful and calculated manner. He felt his muscles expand and his skin harden, the flame in his chest was a little warmer. Level 1 had been achieved. He turned the corner and walked up to the man. "Hello." John said, with a bright smile as he raised his hand in greeting.

The guy points his gun at him “you better walk away.” He could tell this man wasn’t afraid to kill.

John lowered himself into a runner's stance, and kicked off. He was behind the guy quicker than he could react, sending a punch straight into his back.

There were around 10 guys there. 3 watching the hostages, the rest getting money into their truck through a hole they had blown in the back of the safe.

John fanned his flame again, increasing his level to 2. He walked through the hole they had blasted into the back of the safe. "Y'all having a party in here? How come I wasn't invited?"

“What the heck? Is this guy making jokes?!”

“who cares just shoot him!” They take aim and start firing at John

They hurt, but the bullets just crumple against the skin under his suit. He can imagine the bruises he would have later, but pushed them out of his mind. He began to dash around the room, landing blow after blow on the men.

John thought for a moment, after he had fell all of the men. How was he supposed to deal with the that hostage situation? This was dangerous. People could lose their lives if he messed up here. He took notice of the repeated masks between the group members. This was an organized attack. Could it have something to do with Oni? It was a far reaching question. John peeked out of the safe to see the situation.

The three guys were all facing outside to make sure no cops came in. “Listen to that moron bark deals.”

“hah, I know right, as if we’d break into a bank for a helicopter.”

the third guy was facing away from the others, listening to music.

John fanned his flame, increasing his level to three. He dashed up to behind the two facing outside, and hit them both in the back of the head, knocking them out. Then he picked up one of their guns, turned on the safety and threw it at the third guy before dashing up to him and knocking him out as well.

None of them saw it coming. The guy listening to music turns after getting hit by the gun “what the heck is-“ before getting knocked out. The hostages were all blindfolded and tied up and bunched together

John unties all of the hostages, and walks out of the bank with them. Then, he rounds up all of the guns, and ties up all of the men in the masks, not unlike they themselves tied the hostages. Then, with the citizens in tow, he walks out of the bank. He puts the guns down in front of an officer and says "You'll find them all in there, tied together, and I suppose I'll be taking my leave." He turns to walk away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back