• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

UEEF Marines - IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Pyrrah fires, but she misses her mark and blasts a section of the wall instead.

Keith spins about and launches a plasma mini missile at Soldier One and blasts it to pieces.

In return, Soldier Four nails Keith hard in the back. His Cyclone is damaged, but still functional.

Purr Purr is up

Current initiative order:

22 - C'osmo [4] -38 MD <====
18 - Torni [2]
16 - Soldier 2 [4] light damage
14 - Pyrrah [2]
10 - Keith [2] -60 MD
6 - Soldier 4 [2]

Growling angrily after seeing Keith hit, C'osmo turns his Silverback on the Invid soldier and floors it in another attempt to knock him flat on his back.

(OOC: if he can ram both soldiers, he will try to).

"Time to eat the bumper, buddy! Open up and say, 'Ahhh!'"

caecgirl caecgirl

You are currently inside a cargo bunker of a Horizon-t landing craft, seat belted in a Silverback ATV, waiting to get to the ground and start dishing some hurt on the Invid on this planet. The squad you are currently assigned to are the Wolverines, a nasty bunch of Marines that don't live up to your expectations of what warriors should be, but you are disciplined enough to not question your orders.

The cargo bunker your are in currently holds almost a hundred soldiers in their lightweight CVR-3 armor in addition to the squad you are a part of. Everyone is tense as the landing craft is going through reentry on its way to deploy you on the battlefield. Your squad's objective is to engage a Invid artillery piece known as a Fury and destroy it so the larger ships of the fleet can close in and provide direct fire support for the ground troops. The Fury is one of many on this planet that are using their long range plasma cannons to keep the main cruisers out of range, and the Wolverines are supposed to wipe this one out.

But things start to go wrong almost from the start. The Horizon-t is taking a lot of fire, enough that it aborts its planned landing site and heads for a secondary location, but even that is a gamble that the pilot loses and the next thing you remember is the cargo bunker getting ripped off of the transport as the ship crashes.

When you eventually come to, you are still in your Silverback, but the mecha is pretty banged up. Looking about, the cargo bunker is ripped open and there are dead and dying soldiers scattered around the area with only a few in any shape to fight. A quick look shows you that the rest of the Wolverines have all been killed in the crash. At least it was quick to put them out of their misery.

As it stands right now, you are the only one in the bunker fit for battle, having been spared by the durability of the ATV. The mission still needs to be accomplished, but you don't know if you can do it on your own. Your can either abort, or try to locate and eliminate your target.

What do you do?

Growling angrily after seeing Keith hit, C'osmo turns his Silverback on the Invid soldier and floors it in another attempt to knock him flat on his back.

(OOC: if he can ram both soldiers, he will try to).

"Time to eat the bumper, buddy! Open up and say, 'Ahhh!'"
C'osmo hammers the throttle down and the Silverback leaps forward and smashes into Soldier 2, sending it flying into the wall where it is struggling to get to its feet.

Torni takes the opportunity to for a burst into its exposed back, and her attack punches into its armor and kills the slug inside.

Psychie Psychie is up

Current initiative order:

22 - C'osmo [6] -38 MD
18 - Torni [3]
14 - Pyrrah [2] <====
10 - Keith [2] -60 MD
6 - Soldier 4 [2]

i would try to accomplish my mission as honor demands, perhaps a sign of my youth despite having been trained in the arts of battle since she was much younger. I first look at their belongings and most importantly, mecha, to see if there is anything of use.

Last edited:
Pyrrah aims her AP Cannon at the last of the Soldiers still standing and fires off another burst.
Hit Points: 36 +2d4 per level
SDC: 121
Action Points: 7

Combat Bonuses
On Foot / In the Cyclone

Number of Attacks: 7 / 8
Strike: +6 / +7
Parry: +8 / +10
Dodge: +8 / +10 auto dodge
Roll With Punch: +8 / +10
Initiative: +3 / +4
Perception: +5
HtH Damage: +2
Critical Strike from Behind
Critical Strike on a Natural 20
Death Blow on a Natural 20

MDC of CVR-3 Armor: 90 / 78
MDC of Cyclone: 225

Missiles
HEAP 6
Plasma 6 / 0
AP Cannon 60 / 48

What Pyrrah starts with her attack, Keith finishes up and between the two of you, the Invid Soldier is destroyed. There are no more targets in sight.

The corridor ahead of you angles down into the earth at a mild angle before turning to the right, continuing down out of sight. The hall is easily large enough to fit all of you on here with room to spare, so you won't be cramped up as you go farther into the bunker.

caecgirl caecgirl

Looking about the damaged cargo container, you can see that most of the gear in here is too badly damaged to be able to make quick work of, but despite the few dents to your Silverback, it is fully functional and ready to roll.

One of the surviving soldiers limps up to you and says, "With so much of your team KIA, you might need a gunner in your mecha to be able to finish off the Invid artillery we were set to engage. Mind if I jump in with you and ride shotgun? I'm Staff Sergeant Don Pierce, by the way."

What Pyrrah starts with her attack, Keith finishes up and between the two of you, the Invid Soldier is destroyed. There are no more targets in sight.

The corridor ahead of you angles down into the earth at a mild angle before turning to the right, continuing down out of sight. The hall is easily large enough to fit all of you on here with room to spare, so you won't be cramped up as you go farther into the bunker.
Psychie Psychie C'osmo points at Pyrrah's torso while waving to get Keith's attention. The first thing out of the huge science-bear's mouth is, "LT? Maybe let Keith take a look at you before we move on?" He looks both to Keith and his squad commander.

If he sounds worried, he remembers the bad spill she took when the Odeon launched her off of her Cyclone.

caecgirl caecgirl

Looking about the damaged cargo container, you can see that most of the gear in here is too badly damaged to be able to make quick work of, but despite the few dents to your Silverback, it is fully functional and ready to roll.

One of the surviving soldiers limps up to you and says, "With so much of your team KIA, you might need a gunner in your mecha to be able to finish off the Invid artillery we were set to engage. Mind if I jump in with you and ride shotgun? I'm Staff Sergeant Don Pierce, by the way."
"Thank you Sergeant Pierce. You may as long as you realize it's very likely that we will be riding to our deaths. After all, this mission was meant to be accomplished by a whole squad."

Psychie Psychie C'osmo points at Pyrrah's torso while waving to get Keith's attention. The first thing out of the huge science-bear's mouth is, "LT? Maybe let Keith take a look at you before we move on?" He looks both to Keith and his squad commander.

If he sounds worried, he remembers the bad spill she took when the Odeon launched her off of her Cyclone.
Pyrrah shakes her head, saying, "We are in the middle of a hot combat zone and in order to be looked at, I'd have to strip out of my CVR-3 armor, leaving us all exposed and vulnerable. I've fought through pain before. I'll gladly submit to Keith's attention once we are in a safe location and can do so without putting the whole team at risk. We have our objective, so let's get to it."

"Thank you Sergeant Pierce. You may as long as you realize it's very likely that we will be riding to our deaths. After all, this mission was meant to be accomplished by a whole squad."
Sergeant Pierce gives a shrug, saying, "Everyone has to meet their maker sometime. I figure that I've already dodged the Grim Reaper once today; what's once more?" With that, he climbs up into the passenger seat of the Silverback and straps in, taking a moment to look over the controls of the top-mounted turret. "Ready when you are, ma'am."

"You have my respect... Now, let's go kill us a Fury." They go to the last known coordinates, but I want to stop just within sight of the areaa just in case theres a trap. Sherwood Sherwood

Last edited:
Pyrrah shakes her head, saying, "We are in the middle of a hot combat zone and in order to be looked at, I'd have to strip out of my CVR-3 armor, leaving us all exposed and vulnerable. I've fought through pain before. I'll gladly submit to Keith's attention once we are in a safe location and can do so without putting the whole team at risk. We have our objective, so let's get to it."
Keith looks concerned, but doesn't question the orders once given. He does go over to Pyrrah and pulls out his first aid kit. "LT, I can give you a painkiller that will take the edge off but will not compromise your ability to think clear. Will you at least let me do that?"

Her gut reaction was at first to say no, but she then reminded herself that she was not going to impress anyone by hurting and asking for help is not a sign of weakness. Pyrrah nods, and says, "Go ahead. I'll trust you to keep me going without knocking me on my ass."

Privately, she is looking forward to getting her aching ribs to calm down, and if that means getting a shot, so be it. Just to get through this mission.

Her gut reaction was at first to say no, but she then reminded herself that she was not going to impress anyone by hurting and asking for help is not a sign of weakness. Pyrrah nods, and says, "Go ahead. I'll trust you to keep me going without knocking me on my ass."

Privately, she is looking forward to getting her aching ribs to calm down, and if that means getting a shot, so be it. Just to get through this mission.
With deft hands, Keith prepares a pressure injector with his medicine of choice and quickly presses it against the side of Pyrrah's neck. A quiet hiss and a brief cool sensation is all that tells Pyrrah that the shot has been delivered, but soon after, there is a bit of relief from the pain.

Once done with that, the squad begins to move once more, going deeper into the bunker.

Resistance is rather light, with only an occasional Soldier in your path. It it's possible that the Invid in here have deployed to fight the UEEF forces outside, but it may be that they have pulled back into the lowest level to guard the prisoners.

Soon enough, you come to a large blast door that is sealed shut, blocking your path. What do you do?

caecgirl caecgirl

Heading along at your top safe speed, you quickly close in on the last known coordinates of the Fury before the assault began. Slowing down, both you and Sgt Pierce start searching the area for your target. Soon enough, you spot the tracks of the Invid mecha, giving you a clear path to follow. The problem you now have is that the Fury is not alone; multiple tracks of other Invid mecha can be seen along with the artillery unit.

Pierce checks his controls and says, "Ma'am, when we get into the thick of things, do you want to split our fire between different targets, or double team them to wipe out one at a time? This is your show; I'm just the help." He's obviously nervous, but is doing a good job of keeping cool under the pressure.

caecgirl caecgirl

Heading along at your top safe speed, you quickly close in on the last known coordinates of the Fury before the assault began. Slowing down, both you and Sgt Pierce start searching the area for your target. Soon enough, you spot the tracks of the Invid mecha, giving you a clear path to follow. The problem you now have is that the Fury is not alone; multiple tracks of other Invid mecha can be seen along with the artillery unit.

Pierce checks his controls and says, "Ma'am, when we get into the thick of things, do you want to split our fire between different targets, or double team them to wipe out one at a time? This is your show; I'm just the help." He's obviously nervous, but is doing a good job of keeping cool under the pressure.
"Let's concentrate fire on one target at a time." This was it. she takes a deep breath. The concept of dying in honor was all well and good, but following through is different. Still, she was incapable of making any other decision.

With deft hands, Keith prepares a pressure injector with his medicine of choice and quickly presses it against the side of Pyrrah's neck. A quiet hiss and a brief cool sensation is all that tells Pyrrah that the shot has been delivered, but soon after, there is a bit of relief from the pain.

Once done with that, the squad begins to move once more, going deeper into the bunker.

Resistance is rather light, with only an occasional Soldier in your path. It it's possible that the Invid in here have deployed to fight the UEEF forces outside, but it may be that they have pulled back into the lowest level to guard the prisoners.

Soon enough, you come to a large blast door that is sealed shut, blocking your path. What do you do?
Pyrrah looks to the others and comments, "I am wondering if we are walking into a trap here, but even if we are, I don't see a way out of it yet. Torni, check the door and see if its locked. If not, give us a county of three and open it. If it is locked, try to override it and get it open. Everyone, stand ready."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back