• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Two Halves of a Whole

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

He knew she'd play anyway, she just seemed like not the type to know instructions, so the least he could do was train her enough so she doesn't get kicked off the team, losing him his place. "We'll need to practice though. Even if you're not shabby I'm pretty sure I'm better at playing than you are and people will definitely notice." He told her.

He was glad she didn't put up a fight when he took the keys and drove silently. He had to adjust the seat, taking into consideration their height difference and trying to make it more comfortable for him to drive in her body. When he felt a hand in his pocket he freaked out for a second then when she took out candy he took the offered yellow ones and wondered how he didn't sense them in there before.

"You have a sister?" He asked as he entered their driveway then paled a little when he noticed that his dads' cars were still parked. "We have another problem." He said as he turned to look at her. "We'll just have to go around and wait somewhere till they lea-" He stopped when he saw his papa coming out of the front door with a suitcase. He looked up and noticed his son and a girl with him in the car and waved at them, clearly he'll want to say goodbye.

"Act natural." He told her quickly before getting out of the car, hoping she'll follow suit. He jogged up to his father and smiled in a friendly manner, sticking out his hand to him, "You must be Mr. Bay. I'm Acacia, Tyler's friend." He greeted him.

God this was weird.

Though Tyler spoke the truth, Acacia was still somewhat slighted, holding back insult by angrily munching on the candies at hand. She knew she could use the practice. With Tyler's help and hard work, perhaps she could get to his level with a stroke of luck.

Before she could answer his question, she noticed that the man from earlier was still around. One of Tyler's dads it seems.

Being a rather vindictive person, Acacia did not hold back her sinister smirk as she answered, "Oh, I'd act natural alright." As natural as you are in my body.

To say that Mr.Bay was surprised to see Acacia would be an understatement. This was the first he recalled his son bringing a girl over alone. A pretty one at that. He blinked his surprise away and shook the girl's hand. Acacia did not fail to catch the questioning look he shot her and she smiled, deciding to get a little payback.

"Hey, dad. Sorry I didn't introduce you two sooner. She's actually my girlfriend," she emphasized, knowing how aggravated Tyler must be to hear a girl he just met weave up such a lie in his body. Turning to him, she slung an arm around her waist, eyes glinting in mischief, "Isn't that right, sweetie?"

Girlfriend?!

Oh she's dead.

His fathers will definitely not approve if they thought he brought over a girl the moment they were out of town. They already think he's a hormonal teenager and this isn't helping.

He laughed forcefully and wrapped his own arm around Acacia's waist, "It's still new." He told his father with a little nervous smile, "Though so far I think I should count myself lucky to find a guy as sweet as Ty." He said as he leaned a little toward he own body. Hey, if she was going to play he might as well score some extra points with his parents.

A crazy hormonal teenager was precisely the image Acacia was trying to paint on him---although, he has been rather nice despite the whole body-switching incident so she suppose she could spare him some embarrassment.

"Aw, you flatter me," Acacia replied, kissing herself on the forehead. Physical touch or displays of affection were never something she had troubles with. It was bonus points if she could fluster the male, but her intention was to sell the poorly, impromptu scenario she made up on spot.

"Acacia's a sweetheart. She's strong and smart and pretty. I really wanted to tell you guys about her sooner but she didn't want your opinion of her to be biased because of me." It was extremely bias because it is her. "So she asked to meet you two in person! It's a good thing you haven't left yet, isn't that right Cia?" she mused, nudging her head with his cheek.

Mr.Ray was taken aback but his surprise slowly melted into an odd mixture of understanding and confusion. He knew his son was at the age where he'd be finding love and experimenting with females. In fact, it's a surprise to him that he hasn't all this while despite being seventeen. What he didn't expect though, was this odd change of behavior. Was Tyler always this affectionate? They say that love could change a person. Perhaps this was one of the cases of it being so. Mr.Ray fortunately chose not to dwell on it too much, but he still wanted to have a word with his son before he left.

I'm going to kill her.

Tyler thought as he kept up the act, blushing as he accepted the physical gestures. This was weird. Too weird. Even for him. "Oh, honey boo, stop. You're too sweet." He said in a sing song voice then turned his attention back towards his father. "Well we should head inside. Ty promised to help me with Algebra so we'll be in the living room if that's okay. Great meeting you, Mr. Bay!" He said cheerfully as he grabbed Acacia's hand and tugged, hoping to get away before anyone damage was done.

If there was anyone who was shamelessly confident, Acacia took the cake. Dishing out compliments to herself in someone else's body did not give her any ounce of embarrassment. In fact, she was rather amused at how much she could get away with it.

When Tyler's dad wasn't looking, Acacia rolled her eyes. The pet names he used made her gag.

"Honey boo? Really? You've never gotten a girlfriend before have you?" Acacia asked under her breath, ignoring the tight grip Tyler had on her hand. Oh my, it looks like she had successfully pissed him off. The thought ought to scare her or at least make her feel remorseful, but instead, she was curious. How would he react she wondered, ready to be entertained.

Last edited:

"Dude, totally not cool. This isn't a game, Acacia." Tyler snapped the moment they were alone in the living room as he released her hand and turned to give her a stern look. "We don't want to draw attention to ourselves. There's a reason why we didn't go to the adults with this and it's because we'll be the new lab rats if word comes out." He lectured her.

"Also now my parents are going to want to have 'The Talk' with me and do you know how weird it is to talk about the birds and the bees with two gay dads?" Tyler grimaced. He loved his parents, he really did, but this was just something that'll be even extra awkward for him.

The truth was, Tyler wasn't big on change, and changing bodies is as extreme as you can go. The fact that he didn't know how to control this was annoying him and he was feeling a lot more anxious than usual but he chalked it up to just being uncomfortable from this whole situation. It didn't help that Acacia didn't seem to care either.

"Sister. You said something about a sister." He suddenly remembered, turning to look at her after he was standing with his back to her then moving to sit on the couch. "Tell me about her. In fact tell me about the whole family. I'm sure it'll be rude if you don't go and unlike someone I actually don't want to wreck your life." He added with a pointed look.

She half-expected a lecture. Tyler seemed to be that type who does and she bites back a smug smile when she sees that she was right. Everything was treated as a game to her. It helped her cope with the dreary process called life.

"Hopefully, you won't get to have the talk then," she said, plopping down on the living couch as she pointed to him and then herself, "I will." Her brows raised and she looked awfully amused.

"Besides, they're going to have to find out about me eventually," Acacia went on, this time sounding more serious. Her voice lowered, "Not the whole body swap thing but if this is going to be a frequent experience, might as well give them a good excuse as to why I'm over so much." She shrugged as she sunk back into her seat, "As long as they don't know about my reputation, I'd say I can make a pretty good arm candy girlfriend." Except for the fact that Acacia much rather roll over and die than be something like that, something which her sister was precisely.

"And you're seventeen! Please don't tell me you've been single this whole while," Acacia suddenly became animated. It already surprised her to learn that Tyler hadn't a girlfriend at the current moment. He seemed like the type girls would fond over... Sort of.

The mention of her family brought a frown. Despite coming from a well-of background, she hated her family. Hated even thinking of the likes of them.

"Man, where do I begin? You really don't have to go though. Just say you fell sick or something. Wait no, it'll be more believable is you break a bone. Ever broke a leg Tyler?" Hell, she was willing (okay not committally willing) to break a bone to avoid her family.

"Yes, I've been single this whole time and no, we're not breaking any bones. I can do this I just need you to run me through the basics." He told her, a newly determined look on his face. He could tell something was going on with her family from the way she didn't want to share, which reminded him of himself whenever he had to talk about his biological family, but he still insisted she clue him in on the basics at least.

"And if you're gonna go around pretending to be my girl- or actually boyfriend at least give me a headsup so we're on the same page. Are we going to tell the school the same thing? Because I bet you my friends are wondering what did I do to manage to get your attention. " He added, and though it sounded like a good thing it was actually a mix of both. Sure, every guy dreamt of dating someone as hot as Acacia, but they steered clear from her knowing the personality that comes with the package.

Hearing Tyler's honest confession about his seventeen years of celibacy had an expression of pity and horror falling on Acacia's face. "You're kidding me! Seventeen years with a face like that and you've never had a girlfriend? What about a boyfriend then?" She was in his face, practically speaking nose to nose with him at this point. Disbelief was splattered on her visage. "Don't tell me you've never kissed yet either?" Acacia stared in surprised. That would explain why it was so easy to push his buttons. She recalled faintly how red he turned when they were alone in the janitor's closet.

She sighed loudly, finally moving back to give him some personal space. If she had known sooner, perhaps she wouldn't have shoved this whole fake girlfriend hoax in his face.

Perhaps. (No, she would've done so regardless.)

"Hmm," she thought aloud, crossing her arms over her chest as she made up some story, "Maybe I was walking by when you were playing volleyball and one of your serves went off way and hit me in the face?" she suggested, knowing that was one definite way to catch her attention, although... if that was truly how they met, Acacia would serve to make Tyler's life a living hell in retribution.

"Or huh, I don't know. I'll leave that up to you to decide. As for my sister's birthday, I insist on not going. If you go in alone, you're definitely going to be eaten up," Acacia muttered the last part under her breath.

Tyler blushed a deep dark red as his own face got closer and closer to him. He gulped audibly but didn't back away. He wasn't scared of her, especially when she was in his body and he was in hers. "I've kissed before. A girl." He added a little uncertainly. It was in second grade and it was the most innocent kiss in recorded history so it didn't really count. He knew he was straight as he was attracted to girls and never thought about boys in that way, he just never got the chance to actually test out theories.

He finally started breathing normally when she backed off, and the blush started to subside. "If that had happened I'd be dead by now and we both know it. Maybe we accidentally ran into eachother outside of school and started talking?" He suggested as he moved to sit down.

"And if the whole family thing is worrying you then fine, I won't go, but we'll have to either figure out how to switch again or stay away from both our families till something happens if we plan on avoiding them when something comes up." He pointed out as he moved to sit down and started getting out Acacia's algebra textbooks and set them on the table to make it look like they were studying.

She wisely held back a smirk. His blush confirmed her suspicions despite his contrary answer. "Sounds fine with me," she waved, not really sweating the small details much. Them dating would just be an excuse for them to hang out anyways. They had to figure out a solution to this body-swapping problem.

She relaxed visibly more when Tyler dropped the subject on her family. Though they would not be attending the party, finding a suitable gift for her sister was still a requirement. It was already shameless for her not to show up, but unforgivable if she didn't even spare her sister, Leianna, a thought or concern after her sister's marriage.

"Hmm, I don't see my family much anyways except for occasions like birthdays and major holidays so you're pretty much settled. What about your family Ty--" Before Acacia could say anymore, Tyler's father had entered the living room, having caught the latter part of their conversation where his "son" was confessing how he didn't see his family much.

As a parent, of course Mr.Bay would feel guilty. He made a mental note to share this with his husband and to set aside more time to spend with Tyler. Clearing his throat, he motioned for Tyler to come. He wanted a word with him before he left.

Acacia shot the real Tyler a questioning look but shrugged and went off to a side room with Mr.Bay where Mr.Bay proceeded to tell him about understanding puberty and protection, yada-yada. Throughout the whole mini lecture, Acacia couldn't help but think to herself: You're worrying incessantly, Mr.Bay. Your son hasn't even kissed yet. He's a virgin! A cute, seventeen year old virgin!

At the end of the lecture, Acacia put on her most serious face and nodded in agreement with everything Mr.Bay said (though she stopped listening halfway through).

"I'll be careful father. You don't have to worry about me," she told him as Mr.Bay gave her an apologetic smile, patting her on the shoulder.

"I know your dad and I have been busy lately, but we really do care about you Ty. Starting today, we'd try harder to spend more time with you, alright?"

"Shit. What? Please, don't." Acacia thought in horror. Acting around his classmates and friends was one thing but around his parents? No fucking way. But Acacia couldn't say any of this out loud. She could only grit her teeth and nod.

Mr. Bay patted her head and looked down at his watch. He really had to get a move on. "You can invite your girlfriend over too. She seems like a nice girl," he said before he left.

"Fuck," Acacia swore, returning to the living room with a troubled expression. "I think your dads plan to cling on you more now."

Last edited:

Every lingering moment Acacia spent with his dad worried him more and more as he silently hoped that they won't suspect anything. He was almost starting to calm down after a series of self given pep talks when Acacia walked in and made her announcement. She even looked worried which was definitely a sign for danger.

"What ? What happened? What did you do?" He asked her as he sprang up to his feet, making sure to keep his voice low till he heard the sound of the front door closing and knew his parents were gone. He heaved a sigh of relief and visibly relaxed. "Thank God. Now explain to me what happened precisely." He directed at Acacia as he started making his way out of the living room and up some stairs. He missed his room and he was ready to kill to just lay in bed for a couple moments.

The instant they were inside he walked over to the bed and threw Acacia's body onto it face down, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, smelling the familiar scent of his laundry detergent. He could almost pretend that this whole thing was just one long dream if he hadn't heard Acacia moving about, probably taking a seat, forcing him out of his blissful moment and making him flip over to his back to face her.

There wasn't much to convey but Acacia repeated the conversation between his dad and her as they entered Tyler's room, adding her own additional dialogue here and there, particularly about the birds and the bees. She had a foul mouth and could speak of explicit things like she would the weather, smirking as she sat herself down on the end of Tyler's bed.

Compared to Acacia's, it was a lot neater. A clean smell hung in the air similar to the one which clung on his clothes. It was pleasant, albeit Acacia was used to cigarettes and gum. Heck, speaking of which, this is the longest she's gone without a smoke. The thought made her twitchy.

Her eyes skimmed the room going from the fan which made its rotations up on his ceiling down to the carpeted floors and then back to the dip of the bed, a space which her body occupied. An empty thought came to mind, one more on reflex than choice. She was always curious to see what it'll be like to play a male's perspective and if anyone ought to be blamed, it should be Tyler who was giving her so many openings.

"Hey," her voice dipped, low and husky, like a male's. Like Tyler's except not in a tone he's ever used before. She was leaning over him just as he turned to face her on his back. A hand rested on the side of her body's face as she peered down with an unreadable expression, pining him to the bed.

It was safe to say Tyler blushed though the whole thing, finding it immensely uncomfortable hearing that all that was shared between Acacia and his father. It was even worse than the birds and the bees because now a stranger got to witness the whole thing. But at least he wasn't physically there for it which to him was the only upside.

Then suddenly she was on top of him, pinning him down and looking at him all weirdly. It was freaky seeing his face make such an expression and hearing his voice sound so husky. "What the hell are you doing?!" He asked with a frown as he tried to back away but couldn't because the mattress obviously couldn't absorb him. He almost instinctively wanted to shove his own body off him or knee him where the sun didn't shine but he couldn't because it was his body. What the hell was she thinking?

She couldn't help but smirk at his reaction. His flushed face and panic stricken eyes as she leaned over him, although her amusement was greatly cut in half, seeing how it was her face that bore the reactions and not his own. It was weird, even for her and before she could do anything else, the babe doubled over laughing. Tyler was clearly tense from the uncomfortable look her bore. It was funny. Too funny.

She held her stomach as laughter raked her body, "Oh God, I wanted to see what it'll be like to make out with my own face but damn, this is too weird! Hahaha not to mention, you look," she wheezed, barely able to squeeze out the words in-between laughs, "You look like a deer in headlights. Like a damn sheep about to be slaughtered or something." She snorted once more, wiping a tear from the corner of her eye.

"Good God, you crack me up. Did you think I was going to do something to you?" she sniffled her laughter, rolling onto her stomach as she laid on the bed besides him. "Or well, to me. Stuuuupid."

Nothing about her made sense. Not her insults, her actions. Nothing. And yet, her laugh was contagious. Or maybe it wasn't her laugh. Maybe it was Tyler's that was.

Last edited:

She is crazy. Acacia romans is a complete nut job!

Tyler felt heat rush to his face at being made fun of, and her laughter and jokes pissed him off, but he found himself struggling to hold back a chuckle. It wasn't that this was in any way funny, the opposite in fact. But he couldn't deny that her laughter was contagious. Or his laughter at least.

"This isn't funny, Cia." He scolded as he frowned at her and sat up, folding his arms over his chest, her chest, ugh their chest. He wanted to be pissed off but he couldn't muster the energy.

"I'm serious! We can't be fooling around like that." He added but it was clearly no use as she was still laughing so he ignored her and got up. "You're unbelievable sometimes, you know that?"

He wanted to change, the jeans were too tight around his stomach and he needed to get into a pair of sweats.

He thought about going to the bathroom to change but then again this was Acacia's body so it's literally not like she hasn't seen it before.

He grabbed a pair of sweatpants from the closet and took the jeans off right there in the middle of the room.

"Well there's nothing else we can do right?" Acacia mused, her laughter finally dying down to soft chuckles, "Might as well make the most of it while we can." She shrugged her shoulders, just about to lay back until she saw Tyler get up and suddenly strip right in front of her.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?" Acacia asked, quickly walking over to shove her hands in his face, covering her eyes. "My body's not for just anyone to see! You haven't even bought me dinner yet," she scowled. Despite her bold personality, Acacia was still a girl. Of course she still had some semblance of decency. It seemed nudity was something she was bothered by. (A fact I actually have to keep track of.)

She froze momentarily, realizing what Tyler had called her. There was a shocked look on her face as she blinked. Cia. When was the last time someone called her that?

"Woah, easy there Mads." Tyler said as he gently pulled her hands away while his eyes were still closed. "I wasn't looking I swear. I didn't look this morning either. But my stomach is killing me and I need to wear some pants. I think it's the coffee I drank this morning." He told her as he expertly changed into the pants while not looking.

"You know for someone who was about to make out with me two seconds ago you sure are shy." He said in a cheeky manner as he finished slipping on the sweatpants. He was starting to get bolder now and he wasn't sure if it was because he was starting to accept their new reality or if it was secretly to get back at Acacia for teasing him so mercilessly.

Acacia narrowed her eyes at him when he brought up a poor variation of her infamous nickname. Mad dog. Ugh, whoever thought of it sure was tasteless.

With slight hesitance, she removed her hands from Tyler's vision, seeing then that he had his eyes closed. Only then did she let out a small sigh of relief. So he hadn't seen her then. That's good.

Given her confident demeanor and the fact that she carried herself as though nothing could faze Acacia Romans, the raven head was surprisingly insecure about her body. Her chest more than anything. She lacked curves for one thing and was more slim than anyone in her family. It was the reason why she wore baggy clothes to begin with. She never wore anything tight fitting and dresses would not even exist in her wardrobe if given a choice.

She scowled wordlessly when Tyler made a jab at her. "Me? Shy? Don't be ridiculous," she huffed hotly in denial. The topic was quickly swapped, "You drank Callum's coffee? Man, have fun in the bathroom later..." she muttered, rubbing away the knit between her brows. "Tell me about your family in case they come back. How should I act around them? And your friends too."

Acacia walked back to the bed, sitting down once again with her legs tucked criss-crossed beneath her.

Tyler shuddered at the thought of going to the bathroom constipated as he moved to sit down on the bed with his back resting against the soft pillows. He dismissed her comment about not being shy, saving the banter for later.

"I was adopted when I was eight. Papa is a director, he's the one with the hair, Dad is the CEO of Spec." He said as he gestured to his phone and laptop, both products of the tech company, "He's the one with the glasses. They do a lot of traveling but when they're around we hang out together. Thankfully they're not very nosy so if they ask anything about school or volleyball you don't have to go into detail." He told her.

"Also I absolutely hate fish so if they ask you what you want for take out one night don't ask for sushi. That's a dead giveaway." He explained as he opened his phone and handed it to her to show her pictures of his friends and volleyball team, giving her names and what type of friendship he has with eachone." Maybe you should write this down.. " He added after a moment of hesitation.

Acacia listened with consideration, or at least, one could hope she was actually listening. (She was.) Committing the faces and stories to memory, the babe nodded and shook her head at the mention of writing it down. Though she may not look like it, the ravenhead was a lot smarter than she made herself out to be. Minus the fact that she was an audio, visual learner, Acacia was blessed with an impressive memory. Most of her siblings were like her, absorbing information on the fly like sponges. People used to call the Romans children geniuses but that was only half truth. The other half came from diligence and drilled in discipline which Acacia had long given up on.

"Nah it's fine. Nathan, Liam, Alec and Caleb are your friends. You're closest to Nathan. You don't like fish. Your dad is the CEO of Spec and your pops is a director," she began listing out the information he told her, wondering if his dad knew hers. The Romans family ran an impressive business themselves, dominating a section of the digital market. It was likely they were acquainted. Acacia wasn't quite sure how she should feel about that.

"Don't worry, I got it," she said as she laid down, letting her head hang off the side of the bed. The feeling of blood rushing to her head helped her think better.

"I can't believe you don't like fish. Not even salmon?" Acacia asked, folding her hands on her stomach.

Tyler couldn't deny the fact that he was impressed. Not only was she actually listening but she did manage to catch it all. He smiled in approval as he put his phone aside. They should probably figure out what they ought to do with their phones. He doubted she'd let him use hers.

"Bleh. No. Fish is jusy slimy and gooey and gross." He said with a shudder. "Speaking of which, are you planning on smoking in my body? Because I don't want to get addicted to that shit. No offence." He asked as he shifted so he could see his face turning redder as blood rushed to it. "You okay down there?" He asked with a confused frown.

"You clearly haven't tried good fish," Acacia replied, making a mental note to bring Tyler some quality salmon next time she can. It'll be a fun challenge to see if she could get the boy to change his taste.

The mention of cigarettes had her sitting up. So that's what's missing. She felt like there was something lacking today and her hand reached out for the cigarette packet she knows she keeps in her bag. She paused when she heard his words however.

"You won't get addicted to it," Acacia lied, fishing a wrinkled cigarette out while she looked around for a lighter. "Besides, I bet you've never tried this before either have you?" Instead of sticking the tobacco stick into her mouth, the ravenhead chose to respect Tyler's wishes. After all, this was his body. It would be unfair of her to ruin it with her poor life choices, but that didn't mean she couldn't ruin herself.

With a mischievous grin, she shoved the stick in between her own body's lips, lighting the end up before Tyler could protest. "There's a first for everything," she winked.

Tyler was about to protest when she continued to search for a lighter, thinking she'll insist and he'll have to wrestle the cigarette out of her hands. Then it was shoved into his own mouth and he gasped a little in surprise, causing a mouthful of smoke to enter through both his nose and mouth to his lungs, or actually her lungs, and making him go into a fit of coughing. Thankfully he caught the cigarette before it fell out of his mouth and held it far from him as he coughed and hoped his breathing would return to normal.

It left a horrible taste in his mouth and made him want to gag. How could she stand this shit?

He quickly put it out in a glass of water that was on the nightstand and turned to glare at Acacia as if to tell her that her idea of a joke wasn't funny through a single facial expression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back