• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Turning Up the Heat

By the time it stopped he was struggling to breathe at all and there was bloodied foam he was dribbling onto his pillow at the same time Jaxon was running into their room after a nightmare and reaching up to max. “Momma!” He whimpered. “Bad dream! Bad dream!” He sobbed then saw Clayton and cried more. “Daddy bad!” He cried louder hitting the side of his head as he started panicking.

Carmen frowned when she opened her eyes to her phone ringing at 3 in the morning realising she’d fallen asleep on his couch waiting for him to get back and she picked up answering. “Hello.” She mumbled a little confused and stood up.

Max went wide eyed and picked up her phone seeing the blood. She gasped as Jaxon came in and hit him "No! Jaxon no!" He yelled pulling him into her arms while she called the ambulance bouncing Jaxon trying to get him calmed.

The nurse heard the woman giving a small sigh "Is this Carmen?" She asked thankful that she said yes "Hi this is Patricia Martin,I'm head nurse at Sait Franklin's. Your boyfriend Mr.Pardo has been in a terrible accident and is in critical condition." She explained

Carmen frowned and swallowed hard. “I uh... I’ll be right there.” She told her and shoved shoes on splashing he face with some water to stay awake and heading down there quickly mumbling under her breath the whole time until she got there asking after him and following a nurse to his room.

Jaxon was sobbing and shaking and scratching Max’s face not understanding what was going on or why he was feeling that way until the paramedics arrived and Clayton was going into another seizure.

Jeff arrived at the address with the other medic on the team and went upstairs to see the chaos unfolding and looked at max. “Hey come with me let’s get you and this one settled down.” He muttered. He hadn’t seen her in a long while and not seen his son once but frowned seeing him having a meltdown so he gently guided them both out of the room so they had space to work.

Max whimpered pulling Jaxon's hands away from her face "Jaxon, Jaxon baby calm calm its okay." She whimpered massaging his shoulders knowing it helped him sometimes "Its okay baby." She said not paying attention to Jeff at all not liking him being there at all.

The nurse showed her to his room givimg a sigh seeing him in the sedated state "He was in the burning building...saved 5 people from what I heard but a beam fell on him. Collapsed a lung and severe burns to his front area.

Carmen frowned and thanked her quietly. “Is he gonna be okay?” She mumbled, sitting down by his bed taking his hand in hers gently.

Jeff frowned and tried to help her out with him tending a little when Jaxon reaches over and climbed into jeffs arms holding onto him tightly and crying into his shoulder, just holding him so he didn’t fall down and looked at max feeling bad.

Max went wide eyed as Jaxon held onto Jeff never once seeing him do such a thing with a new person. She was the only person he ever held onto, Clayton only if he couldnt find her but even then it was rare. She stepped out of the room and tried to take Jaxon back frowning as he sobbed louder trying to still cling to Jeff

The nurse gave a small sigh "We are hoping so, he has been in for surgery to repair the lung and get the smoke out. We are hoping he will wake up by morning but if needs any pain medicine here is the button click it once every few hours." She explained "There is a cot next to him for you to sleep in." She said softly before leaving her to some privacy

He tried to help get him settled passing him back to max once he was okay again and at the same time they were carting Clayton off into the ambulance after he’d gone into a third seizure in a row.

She just nodded and frowned kissing his cheek and sat with him through the night staying wide awake now that she’d been surprised by the phone call mid sleep.

Max held her son close crying softly as she saw Clayton being hauled off. She was thankful he was calm and falling back to sleep. She went to the EMT whimpering softly "Is he okay? Whats wrong?" She asked

JD groaned waking up in an immanse amount of pain gripping the sheets at his side shutting his eyes tight as he could feeling the burns on him

Carmen frowned and gripped at his hand gently. “Shh Shh it’s alright. I’m right here babe I’m right here.” She coaxed gently and squeezed his hand tightly again, pressing his painkiller button for him. “J honey I’m right here.”

“He’s not taking in as much oxygen as we would like ma’am and he’s still having seizures without regaining consciousness.” He explained to her then let her know they were taking him to county general

Max whimpered and gave a small nod taking Jaxon towards the car trying to keep herself calm so she could get herself to the hospital easily.

JD felt a tear fall down his face out of pain "Carmen?" He asked in a very hoarse voice wanting nothing more than for the pain to go away

“I’m right here J I promise.” She murmured “I’ve just clicked for painkillers.” She assured him. “What hurts honey?”

Clayton woke up the next morning late and looked over st max frowning some guessing Jax was at his daycare center while he lay there staring at her. “Hey.... What’s going on?” He mumbled.

Max looked at him and quickly held his hand "Oh god you scared me." She whispered before she explained everything to him that had happened the previous night

JD looked over at her slowly and took a deep breath "Everything.." he mumbled sighing heavily as he squeezed her hand

She frowned some and watched him. “You got stuck inside the building. Whole thing collapsed on you, knocked your helmet off and they said you took your protective jacket off to cover a little girl. Burnt all your front.... you’re alive though and that’s what matters.” She murmured gently to him.

Clayton just nodded and lay there quietly feeling worn out. “I’m sorry. I know I don’t need to be adding to your stress. Is Jax doing alright now?” He asked her quietly and reached for her hand.

Max gave a soft nod kissing his hand gently "You're fine babe, Jax is okay...he woke up having a nightmare when it all happened and got scared more but he is okay now." She explained sighing softly

JD frowned more squeezing her hand tight again "I love you so much Carmen...I'm sorry I did this." He whispered letting a tear fall scared she might leave because of him putting himself in such danger.

“Shh, just rest papí it’s okay. You’re gonna be okay, I’m not going anywhere.” She promised and gently wiped his cheek then sat back in the chair again.

Clayton just nodded and frowned some. “Still I don’t-“ He was cut off when Jeff walked into the room and straight over to max. ‘I want to meet my son properly’

JD nodded softly and took a deep breath looking at the TV "Turn that on...I dont like the complete silence in here, creeps me out." He mumbled

Max gave him a small smile but tensed and went wide eyed as she heard Jeff. She turned to face him looking at him in complete shock "Excuse me?" She growled getting up and pulling him out of the room "How fucking dare you come in here like nothing and ask such a thing, have some fucking decentcy Jeffrey." She spat shaking her head "I will speak with you later, but right now is not the god damn time for such a conversation."

She just nodded and turned it on, sitting quietly with him and holding his hand gently, looking down at his chest and frowned, worried sick about him. “Get rested papí.” She coaxed gently and kissed his cheek. “I love you. So much.” She murmured, adjusting his nasal oxygen for him.

Jeff glared at her. “You never even mentioned to me that he needed all this care and that he’s autistic. Jesus Christ max I helped create that I should be paying for some of it.” He muttered. “And clearly he likes me more than that asshole!” He spat looking back into the room right as Clayton was starting to go into another seizure.

Max glared at him shaking her head more "Why should I have come to you huh? I dont fucking need your pity money , he is MY son, you walked out and wanted nothing to do with him so I made sure that happened." She spat gasping as she heard the monitors and rushed into the room "Clayton?!" She said quickly pressing the call button for help just as nurses came in having heard his alarms.

JD nodded giving a grunt and stared at the TV until he eventually fell asleep just as the nurses came in to change his bandages.

Jeff glared at her and waited outside the room while they were trying to help him settle but it clearly wasn’t going very well when the monitors let off a second set of alarms and they pushed her out of the room. “Oh cause this is a really great role model for Jaxon?” He spat at her.

Carmen burst into tears the moment he was asleep, giving his hand a gentle squeeze and just watching him. “How long will he be here for?” She asked her quietly.

Max glared at him and without even thinking she reached over and slapped him across the face "DON'T you dare say that Clayton has been nothing but amazing to Jaxon." She spat shaking her head "Get out, you need to leave."

The nurse put the ointment on his burns and sighed softly "If his burns heal well we are hoping by the end of the week, with the extent of how much his body is burnt we don't want to take any chances of it getting infected."

She nodded in agreement and thanked her quietly, keeping an eye on him for a while until she needed to go get something to drink from the cafeteria.

They let her back in to see Clayton after another while letting her know they would be taking him for an MRI later on that morning and now he was just coming around again even more disoriented than last time.

JD woke up and frowned not seeing Carmen in the room. He took deep breaths starting to panic thinking she had left him and wouldnt be coming back

Max gave a sad smile as she looked at him taking his hand in hers "Hey handsome." she whimpered

"What are we... Where am I?" He mumbled trying to pull himself to sit up but he had no strength left after the several seizures in a row for the second time in 24 hours, "Max I wanna go home..... Jeff.... Jeff was here, is Jax okay?" He asked her quickly, starting to ramble about nonsense and tried rolling out of the bed but got stuck halfway there.

Carmen got back about an hour later, she'd been handling work and telling them she would need more time off, arguing with her boss on the matter for a while before they finally agreed on it being taken but it would have to be unpaid and she had gotten some food, just heading back to see him now when she watched a couple nurses run past her and into his room with a crash cart, frowning some and going to follow them quickly, trying to get in but they weren't letting her and they'd shut the curtains as well so she sat on the floor outside shaking

Max pushed him to lay down shakimg her head some "Babe stop you're okay, you're at the hospital you had more seizures." She explained sighing heavily before kissing his forehead gently "Jax is fine, he is at play school."

A nurse stepped out to see her taking a deep breath "He had a sever panic attack, it put his heart into over drive from all the damage and he went into cardiac arrest. They're stabilizing him now." She explained sitting next to her so she could have someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back