• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Trumpocalypse

ViciousVip3R

Merchant of Death, Quest Log Fanatic
The year is 12 TC (2028 AD), America, under Trump's leadership, had fallen from one of the world's top superpowers to a mere reflection of it's former glory. Most of the population had long left for greener pastures or gradually died off, leaving a barren wasteland across most of the Northern United States. The remaining survivors were divided into two camps; the elite had pooled their vast resources and built a self-sustaining, enclosed and mobile city, named Trumpville, and lived in relative comfort and blissful obliviousness to the harsh conditions outside their walled utopia. They were further protected by a highly trained and well equipped army, led by "The General". The less fortunate were either stragglers or loosely organized into a "resistance" with the sole aim to restore America to it's previous, proud and FREE state.

In this RP, I plan to start us off at a point before America's decline, and slowly work our way to the point outlined above. I have several scenarios planned out in my head on how this could happen, but I'll just let the story line develop organically with a little direction from myself. The type of RP I have envisioned is one where everyone will write about one paragraph from the perspective of their character for each event, and I will control the actions of NPCs and write events that will happen. Hopefully we will be able to get sort of a cohesive story going where the plot is examined from the point of view of each character, sort of like an ISRP.

If you are interested, please let me know by leaving a like, and/or writing a paragraph introducing the character you would like to RP as, in the fashion characters are introduced in books, you can make up a scenario and everything, I'll allow all the creative freedom you want, but do try and keep the character realistic. This will also allow me to judge your writing ability. A separate CS thread may be created at a later date as needed, such as to outline the general information about your character.

We will start when we have at least 6 players, please do join, I have great ideas for this and tend to be fairly active.

Bump. I guess there is not very much interest in this, perhaps you guys could give me some constructive feedback? Was the genre too specific, plot not detailed enough, etc.?

Step One: don't talk about politics on the site people go to to escape politics

Step Two: satire doesn't translate well into roleplay form

Step One: don't talk about politics on the site people go to to escape politics

Step Two: satire doesn't translate well into roleplay form
Hmm, ok thanks for the feedback. I guess I got kinda carried away with trying to attract attention, my original idea was an apocalypse but I thought adding Trump would perhaps generate increased interest, guess that backfired on me eh?

If I changed the political aspects of the story, and say, replaced it with something like a natural disaster, disease or foreign invasion, do you think that what appeal to a broader audience?

Hmm, ok thanks for the feedback. I guess I got kinda carried away with trying to attract attention, my original idea was an apocalypse but I thought adding Trump would perhaps generate increased interest, guess that backfired on me eh?

If I changed the political aspects of the story, and say, replaced it with something like a natural disaster, disease or foreign invasion, do you think that what appeal to a broader audience?
Yeah, probably.

Yes.

The base idea was interesting and would have probably attracted attention though making it all Trump's fault honestly made me cringe a little bit. Adding him in makes it seem less of an engaging RP and more of a political agenda pushing via RP form.

I refuse to participate in anything that undermines the leadership of the glorious President Trump.

Also I'll try and post again for From The Ground Up. Sorry for the wait

PortugalTM PortugalTM RIPSaidCone RIPSaidCone
Ok, thanks for the feedback, I'll see if I have time to continue this, since I recently started planning a big RP with someone else. If I do, I'll definitely remove all traces of Trump, he is not central to the plot at all. I guess I'll tag you guys if I do.
S Shabazz I don't know what got into me, how could I even dare speak such blasphemies against Donald J. Trump, I think I speak for all Snow Mexicans when I declare this mistake will not happen again.
Glad to hear the RP continues, can't wait for the next segment. What's a little wait in the grand scheme of things, just glad you are back.

I'm not really a fan of apocolypse rps so I will probably have to pass on this but I just wanted to congratulate you on the hilarious concept

159fv4.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back