• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Trulane - A Fantasy RP

Arryn had been excited, and didn't understand his horror at first, until she realized that nobody had answered Ferron. And with that layer of dust, nobody had moved about that house in quite a while. Seeing his expression actually change, and to horror nonetheless, she knew how bad this shock was to Ferron. She took Ferron's hand and said, "Ferron, let's go get the Guards, maybe they know something, maybe it's not what you think...,

Ferron didn't reply as he stared down at the ground, specifically the few small piles that had built up. The breeze coming in through the open door began blowing away the piles that had accumulated. After a moment, he dropped down to his knees, completely silent.

Looking more closely, Arryn could see that the dust was actually ashes, and she could assume what the ash piles once were. She put her hand on his shoulder and decided she couldn't find anything to say to help them, she could only show that she was there for him.

Ferron hadn't moved a muscle for what seemed like forever, basking in the hate and sadness he felt suddenly. He slowly reached down and grabbed a fistful of the ash, before standing up again. "Let me clean this up." He told Arryn without facing her. "Wait for me at the log by the path."

Arryn hesitated. She was scared to leave him, but she knew he was a private man and respected that. She quietly said, "Okay, I love you," then went to where he told her, immediately sitting down so she could actually breathe.

Ferron had spent a rather long time in the house, every now and then the sound of glasses or plates shattering. When he finally came out, his expression was as it usually was, and he didn't day a word as he walked past Arryn to leave, silently beckoning her to come along.

Arryn forced herself up and followed after him silently, her heart aching for him. She wanted to make thibgs better, but she knew she couldn't.

Despite Ferron's care for Arryn, he couldn't compel himself to hold her hand the entire walk back. He did allow her to lean on him when she needed to, but he had never said a word the entire trip back to the forge.

Arryn had been mostly silent also, and watched his every move and expression nervously, hoping he would be okay, even if it took time

When they arrived at the forge, Ferron went straight to the forge, and began readying his materials just like any other day.

Arryn could see that this was definitely unhealthy and tried to approach him. "Ferron? Maybe going right back to work isn't the best...."

"I will be in the room shortly to make sure your wounds are healing correctly. Please, wait for me there." Ferron said in a soft tone.

Arryn frowned and shrank back a bit, then walked back to his room, defeated by his words. She knew his soft tone was a sign he still cared, but he was so distant and he wasn't letting her help him.

Ferron began working on a sword, ferociously working hard to try and get rid of his anger. After sundown, Ferron came in to the room. "How are you feeling?" He asked quietly, his voice still low and light.

"Sit up, let me check your wound." He said to her as he stepped up to the bed, his eyes constantly glaring down at the ground.

Ferron checked over the wound and sighed softly. He grabbed a set of bandages and wrapped new ones around Arryn's abdomen. "You should try and stay in bed as much as possible. And try not to move."

Arryn watched him, then leaned in to gently kiss his cheek without saying a single word. That was the most affection she'd been able to show in days, and she wanted him to know she still loved him and supported him.

Ferron didn't respond much to the kiss as he wrapped up her side. He slowly set her down on the bed. "Please, try to rest." He told her.

Arryn wanted to make him stay by saying it would be easier to rest if he were there, but she knew that might only hurt him, so she nodded and laid on the bed.

Ferron remained for a moment, his eyes constantly gazing off at nothing. Not too long later, he left the room without a word to continue his work.

Arryn knew Ferron would normally never continue past sundown. She struggled to her feet and walked past the forge to the inn. She returned with a hot meal and left it on a table in the forge when Ferron was looking away, before returning to bed.

Arryn stayed up late, but eventually fell asleep. She she woke, it was with a jolt and a cold sadness. Maybe he didn't want to deal with her anymore, now thst his family was gone. Maybe she should leave him alone. Maybe she was too mucb of a burden.

Ignoring these thoughts, Arryn got up and went to the forge, then saw that Ferron hadn't eaten. She cleared her throat. "Ferron? I'm going to the inn, please come with me, I know you haven't eaten."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back