• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Trulane - A Fantasy RP

Sufficient with letting Arryn bleed out, the demon turned its attention to Ferron. Although he wanted to cleave the demon to bits, he knew he wouldn't last long in a one on one, and no matter how much it pained him, he had to let Arryn be for a moment. As the demon charged him, Ferron kept his sword up, pointed at the demon until he got close. As Ferron calculated when to strike, the demon nearly got close enough to attack, but Ferron had swung his sword, not only hitting the demon and stunning him momentarily, but his follow through cut the rope, dropping the gate down onto the demon and sticking it to the ground, impaled on the spikes. Ferron, now that he knew it was clear to, slid under the gate and avoided the demon as he ran to Arryn's side. "I can fix this." He told her, applying pressure on the wound. "Maybe I can get you back to the town in time, get a healer..." He said to himself frantically as the demon thrashed around.

Arryn opened her eyes at his touch and moved her hand over his. She knew he would blame himself if she died, and the only way she could see him not blaming himself was if she didn't die. So she managed to work out, "Potion... in pack," and gestured weakly to where her pack was, on the edge of the battlefield. The demon still needed to be dealt with, but she knew he'd kill himself if she died and she couldn't let that happen. That being said, she was fairly certain she'd die before he got her the potion, and even then it wasn't a very strong brew.

Last edited:
Ferron instantly called on Brutus, giving him commands to fetch Arryn's pack. Brutus sprinted off and brought it back in no time, and Ferron quickly searched through its contents until he got the potion. He held Arryn up off the ground as he gave it to her.

Arryn was almost completely unconscious at that point, but managed to sip at the potion until it was almost gone before she completely passed out while the deeper internal damage started healing.

Ferron waited a moment, thinking she may have died, but found her pulse reassuring. He assumed he had enough time to get her proper treatment. He stood slowly, turning to the demon still trying to escape. Ferron raised his sword high to prepare to decapitate it, before it spat out a line of words in a foreign language. It's eyes glowed as it talked, finishing whatever it had said before Ferron swiftly cut off its head, and it stopped squirming. Ferron sighed heavily as he made sure he didn't have any mortal wounds before getting Arryn and marching on towards the city.

Arryn was hovering close to death for more than a few moments. In her mind, though, she woke up in a field of tall, swaying grass and wildflowers at night with the moon high, lighting the area. In the distance, she could see a lodge of some kind, a very large one, but she was too weak to stand and try to get there. She tried to drag herself there, but eventually collapsed. Where was Ferron? This wasn't how she had imagined death.

A man came walking up the road, and she raised her head just barely to see who was approaching. Her breath caught in her throat as the man knelt next to her and helped her to sit up. "Dad...?" She said quietly. "I died?"

Eleran smiled softly and quietly said, "Not quite, Ryn. If you don't get taken care of, you will, though. But that's not in your hands anymore, it's in Ferron's."

Arryn asked, "Why am I so weak then?"

"Because you aren't dead, so you're not... All here. But while you are here, I want to apologize. We tried really hard to help, but you're untrained in channeling. That's my fault, I should have taught you before I died."

"Channeling? What - "Arryn began, then her father cut her off and said, "Ryn, honey, breathe, right now, breathe."

Arryn paused and took a deep breath, then woke up in Ferron's arms just a bit. She had stopped breathing for a few moments. Half-out of it, Arryn mumbled, "Ferron, your shoulder, it's bad...."

"Mm," Arryn mumbled, pressing her face agaunst his chest. She wanted to reassure him, even if she wasnt sure she'd make it back to the village. At least he was warm, and with her cloak partially wrapped around her, she could stand the biting cold.

Last edited:
Ferron had started practically sprinting from then on, never once slowing down until he managed to get her to the healers tent. Without any warning, he said, "Fix her, now." He still had his cold expression and his voice was deep and monotone, his mind racing.

Arryn woke when she was set on a bed and the healer started working. She babbled broken Northern and common at the healer about the injuries and different potential salves and potions that could help similar injuries. After few minutes of confusion, she looked up at Ferron and said clearly in Northern, "Ferron? Can I hold your hand? It hurts."

Arryn smiled slightly and squeezed his hand in return, then groaned as the healer pulled away her shirt more. "Bastard ruined my armor, tore through my shield like butter," she mumbled, still in Northern. To the healer, she said, "Check his shoulder, he got stabbed."

"You will not check my shoulder, and you will continue to help her until she is completely stable." He warned the healer, before turning back to Arryn and speaking in Northern. "I'll make you another set of armor, I'll make it better than the last."

"Love, I will fetch the sun myself if you want armor made of stars." He said, hoping his over-romantic talk would distract her a bit from the pain.

Arryn smiled and tried to chuckle, but found that that hurt. "Thank you, but leather and steel is fine with me." She started coughing blood and turned away from him, then laid back down, panting and struggling for air.

Last edited:
Ferron's expression didn't change, remaining in the way it always was - plain and calculating. Behind his expression though, he was worried sick for Arryn, and would take the pain away from her if he could. "I love you." He said in Northern quietly.

Arryn smiled softly and said, "I love you too." She felt herself getting tired and said, "Ferron? Will you stay with me?" He knew how skittish she could be around other healers, but there was no choice. Amd she didn't want to risk him running off and hurting himself.

"Of course." Ferron told her. "When you get better, I wish to take you to see my family. After all, you helped save them. And me."

Arryn frowned, then said, "That might not be possible for a little while, my love. But when I can get up and moving, I will. We can just take it slow."

Ferron spent every moment he could with Arryn, only going back to the forge when Dask or Brutus needed him. Eventually, Arryn got to the point where she could travel with Ferron to his family's farm. He had let her lean on him the entire trip, and even carried her when she got tired. When they got close, Ferron said, "They're going to love you, I know it. We can relax here for a few days, allow you to heal, get away from work for a bit... it'll be nice." He promised her.

Arryn smiled. "It sounds like it'll be a wonderful time." She found how he supported her as the walked or carried her whenever she tired endearing.

Ferron smiled as he walked with Arryn to the door. "I'm home!" He called out, giving Arryn a quick kiss before swinging open the door and stepping in. He looked down, lifting his boot up out of dust on the ground. "What...?" He asked, seeing the house covered in it. It only took him a moment to guess what had happened. He remained still and quiet as it went over in his mind. He stepped back, his stone expression dropping to show the horror he felt. Ferron's family was dead - and he had caused it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back