• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Troia: Slayers vs Whisperers

remembervvinter

Ruler of Iced Caramel Macchiatos

64a35570aee51537319f69c8d09887e8.jpg

In the world of Troia, there are two working classes:
Slayers and Whisperers.

A
whisperer is a person who is skilled in being able to tame and train a specified beast, typically using body language and gentle vocal encouragement rather than physical force. They tend to find the compassionate side of the animals, and usually try to protect them at all costs. Whisperers are also known as guardians, and are able to wield magic to help protect theirselves as well as the beasts that roam.

Meanwhile a
slayer is the opposite. Instead of showing the beasts tender love and care, their job is to eradicate them. Basically, they are bounty hunters for specific beasts. Slayers usually grab the valuable parts of a beast (for example, a dragon's horn, a manticore's tail, etc) after they kill them to sell or auction. Their goal is to extinguish the species, and are usually driven to this because of a dark past, wanting revenge, greed, survival etc. Slayers are able to wield magic as well, but are more reliant on their specially made weapons.

In this day and age, the world of Troia is slowly slipping apart. A world that was one and being shared between the two classes, is now being broken into two. Opposites attract? Not in this case.

Tension is growing between the two classes, and war is slowly rising up. Can they solve their differences? Or will they continue to attack each other until one is eradicated?

Beast and human life are at question.

Note: This is just a brief summary of the plot of the roleplay. Details such as world info, guilds, etc will be in the main roleplay thread.The roleplay will be in between casual and detailed. I at least want to see a paragraph with a minimum of four lines.

Roleplay:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/troia-slayers-vs-whisperers-accepting.130421/

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks interesting... my question is... What type of beasts? Predator animals such as tigers and panthers, mythical beasts such as dragons or gryphons, other beasts such as snakes or birds?

What kind of magic is this? Is it vocal, intentional, both, other, or all? Is it elemental, arcane, both, other, or all?

Personally, I prefer Detailed, but I might do Casual. Depends, really. :3

[QUOTE="Seanzah Angel]It looks interesting... my question is... What type of beasts? Predator animals such as tigers and panthers, mythical beasts such as dragons or gryphons, other beasts such as snakes or birds?
What kind of magic is this? Is it vocal, intentional, both, other, or all? Is it elemental, arcane, both, other, or all?

Personally, I prefer Detailed, but I might do Casual. Depends, really. :3

[/QUOTE]
Hello! Im happy to know that you are interested! ^^ As for beasts, it's mainly revolving around mythical beasts. Because really, who would want to slay a dog and a cat? xD

As for magic, it's a free for all really. Both classes are able to wield any sort of magic, but I'm limiting it to only being able to wield one magic type.

And you can go detailed however you want xD the one paragraph thing is only the minimum.

remembervvinter said:
Hello! Im happy to know that you are interested! ^^ As for beasts, it's mainly revolving around mythical beasts. Because really, who would want to slay a dog and a cat? xD
As for magic, it's a free for all really. Both classes are able to wield any sort of magic, but I'm limiting it to only being able to wield one magic type.

And you can go detailed however you want xD the one paragraph thing is only the minimum.
I figured, just wanted to make sure. :)

And, I will be detailed... it just helps if others are, as well. It leaves more open to reply to and interact with - at least in my experience it does.

[QUOTE="Seanzah Angel]I figured, just wanted to make sure. :)
And, I will be detailed... it just helps if others are, as well. It leaves more open to reply to and interact with - at least in my experience it does.

[/QUOTE]
I like more detailed too so don't worry X3

I like the story concept, but what I want to know is the amount of freedom with the types of personality's we can have, maybe a Hunter who is trying to help guardians but isn't exactly trusted so they do things in favor of both groups. Or maybe a guardian who is a beast themselves? just a few questions.

[QUOTE="Hope Robinson]I like the story concept, but what I want to know is the amount of freedom with the types of personality's we can have, maybe a Hunter who is trying to help guardians but isn't exactly trusted so they do things in favor of both groups. Or maybe a guardian who is a beast themselves? just a few questions.

[/QUOTE]
Yes, naturally you're able to do what you please with the personality of your character (and I like the idea of the example you gave). As for the guardian thing, well..I prefer if the whisperer is a human. You can make a character that is a beast though, if that's what you'd like, but they wouldn't have a working class. Or you could make a beast that's the alpha of its kind.

remembervvinter said:
Yes, naturally you're able to do what you please with the personality of your character (and I like the idea of the example you gave). As for the guardian thing, well..I prefer if the whisperer is a human. You can make a character that is a beast though, if that's what you'd like, but they wouldn't have a working class. Or you could make a beast that's the alpha of its kind.
I see, well id be interested then (^.^)

I think it's a promising concept, but something about it doesn't feel like it hooks for me. You have a slick aesthetic style going with it, and clear thought put in the organizations, but I'm curious about what theme of storyline you were going for. It helps to know if you have a clear direction you want to go with.

Well detailed and Thought out.

Perfect for making unique characters.

A especially good storyline that can evolve into a extremely interesting plot.

I am down for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back