• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial By Fire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Background done. I will figure out intimacies sometime later tonight or early tomorrow. I'm always bad at deciding on those.
Ooh, does she have a mutated body that she runs around normally in?

I had a Lunar like that too! Was fun coming up with mutations that you could use regularly.

She was a cat though.

She doesn't mutate her own body overly much, no. Don't even have Hybrid Body. If or when she does, it will be in subtle ways.

Sharing Luna's Gifts will mostly be used on mortals to bless them with stronger more beautiful bodies if they please me.

So she looks like a normal person?

Well, hers wasnt by choice. She was hiding in the Wyld while casteless. Came close to being a chimera.

Lol could have had some real fun with a war form, but decided sorcery instead.

So what she like, your gal?

And can she share those gifts with exalts?

Yeah, there aren't any obvious physical abnormalities. Chimaeraism is a little differently categorized in 3e than it was in 2e.

It's longer just the term for "mad mutated Lunar", that's just a mad mutated Lunar. Rivers is considered chimaera due to having changed her spirit form from a big aquatic dinosaur into a monster that's found nowhere in nature. Something that's frowned upon by some in the Pact since the spirit shape is somewhat sacred to the chosen of Luna. There's likely a lot who sees it as a doorway to become Wyld crazed

And yes, i can give mutations to Exalts, though if they're players they go into XP debt and have to pay for them afterwards.

Random Word Random Word
If you're still up for merging origins, I think I'd prefer the Haslanti bond more, seeing as logically, Kuaidao's probably going to be more predisposed to them than he is the Icewalker tribes.

Yeah, there aren't any obvious physical abnormalities. Chimaeraism is a little differently categorized in 3e than it was in 2e.

It's longer just the term for "mad mutated Lunar", that's just a mad mutated Lunar. Rivers is considered chimaera due to having changed her spirit form from a big aquatic dinosaur into a monster that's found nowhere in nature. Something that's frowned upon by some in the Pact since the spirit shape is somewhat sacred to the chosen of Luna. There's likely a lot who sees it as a doorway to become Wyld crazed

And yes, i can give mutations to Exalts, though if they're players they go into XP debt and have to pay for them afterwards.
Bah. Charms. Lunar Bond. Now chimerism. 3e is very nerf happy.

Though all together pretty sweet concept.

My spoder is still champ though.

I'm about to post now!

With the whole quarantine going on, I'm at home and at the mercy of the wife and kids.

Though I could use some ideas for an anima banner.

Cool! I can't draw anything besides stick figures. :closedeyescryingfrown: I have absolutely no drawing talent at all.

As soon as Random Word Random Word gives me a sheet to work with, I will get him and HumanPlus HumanPlus into the IC thread with a intro post to get them into the mix.

Sherwood Sherwood apologies for the delay. Mostly finished now.

Am I correct in guessing we shouldn't bother buying merits tied to our home cultures? Influence, Resources, Command, Backing, etc all seem irrelevant if not from an organization that spans Creation. Command might also be a bit inconvenient to fit on one small boat. It seems like we should focus on Innate merits like mutations. Even followers and retainers might be a bit problematic.

Can Lunars qualify for Pain Tolerance with Stamina instead of Resistance?

jaydude jaydude does that history look okay to you? Do you have any suggestions for improving it?

I haven't been to this site since it was called RPdom, how do I do dice rolling again?

After you make a post, click "Edit" near the bottom, and you'll have the option to make dice rolls. Then you set how many dice you want to throw, and the maximum number you can roll.

Sherwood Sherwood

I finished my CS. Add that short backstory, can fill in details if you ever need them. Or your welcome to make up your own.

Also added Intimacies and anima banner.

I would like one more Defining principal/tie but I couldnt think of one.

Actually Random Word Random Word if you ever would want to have your character get some moonsilver tattoos and get another Lunar caste, Rivers is capable of applying such tattoos. We'd have to go find us some Moonsilver somewhere in game to use as a component, but it is possible.

Sherwood Sherwood

Boss boss! There was a charm I think that allowed exalts to throw their voice.

And I just had a thought. Could that be tied with the kiai shouts of Silver voiced Nightingale style?

For example to conceal the shouts by making them come from different directions. Or "shouting" a whisper into an eavesdroppers ear.

Or using it to shout behind cover or using it to increase the range of the shouts to much greater distances?

Assuming you can find the particular Charm, I'll have to look it over and evaluate the potential of a indirect attack with your yell.

Assuming you can find the particular Charm, I'll have to look it over and evaluate the potential of a indirect attack with your yell.

Voice-Hurling Method
Cost: 2m; Mins: Performance 4, Essence 1
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Mute
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Masterful Performance Exercise
With skill to humble a master ventriloquist, the Exalt
throws her voice. With this Charm, the Solar can cast her
voice out to short range, making it appear to come from
particular objects, locations, people or animals. Voice-
Hurling Method supplements a single social influence
action or regular dialogue lasting no longer than
ten seconds. When the character is concealed, she may
use it to speak without giving away her position, penal-
izing her opponent’s Awareness by two successes in
the process.

It does look like that the Charm would be able to be used to supplement the Kiai attack.

<looks to the sky> Dear God, what have I gotten myself into?

It does look like that the Charm would be able to be used to supplement the Kiai attack.

<looks to the sky> Dear God, what have I gotten myself into?
Come now. It's just a light thrown weapon in class. How much trouble can I really get into with it :3

But then again... bards are notorious for hunting down the DM's last nerves.

Which brings me to another question!

Silver voiced Nightingale style let's me flurry kiai shouts with performance based influence rolls.

Since Bards gimmick is attack through song....

Could Bard attack with Kiai attacks while playing a song.

For example, Battle Anthem, which when played grants a bonus to my allies. And then attack without interrupting its effects.

Though if you like, for the sake of your sanity. I can try to be a little less creative on ways I can take advantage of charms and the like.

I do not believe you can combo a martial arts charm with a performance charm. Pretty darn sure comboing across ability is not allowed

I do not believe you can combo a martial arts charm with a performance charm. Pretty darn sure comboing across ability is not allowed
Its explicitly allowed with this particular martial art as described in main charm of the Silver Voiced Nightingale Style.

Voice of the Night Bird
Cost: —; Mins: Martial Arts 2, Essence 1;
Type: Permanent
Keywords: Mastery
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: None

The nightingale is no bird of prey, to swoop down with curved beak and cruel talons. Its greatest virtue is its song—and with that song, the students of Nightingale style give voice to their victory. This Charm allows the martial artist to make kiais, unleashing forceful waves of sound that strike her enemies like physical blows. A kiai has the traits of a mundane light weapon with the bashing and thrown(short) tags, save she rolls its attacks with Martial Arts (Silver-Voiced Nightingale style) rather than Thrown. The martial artist may flurry a kiai attack with Performance-based influence without the usual flurry penalties, as long as the content of the social influence is woven into the lyrics or emotional tenor of her song.

Mastery: The martial artist’s kiai has the traits of a light artifact weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back