• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial By Fire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I am thinking of taking the Spinnerets mutation to be able to make webbing instead of the Unusual Hide one I have now.

That is up to you. The two mutations are the same cost.

Sherwood Sherwood

Regarding Supernal abilities.

Some charms have notes that have benefits after reaching a higher essence.

If that is a supernal ability, are those automatically granted as an unlock or do we still have to wait to reach that essence?

For your Supernal, it counts as if your Essence were five, so you get the various benefits of the high Essence for that skill.

For your Supernal, it counts as if your Essence were five, so you get the various benefits of the high Essence for that skill.
Woohoo! Cool.

Got my charms mostly picked out. Just need to put them into the CS, and pick out my shaping ritual and control spell.

What's a shaping ritual and Control spell?
The shaping ritual is like the source of your magic. Depending in what you pick. It can grant you a small pool of sorcerous motes or ways to get them easier. As well gives some fun flavor to your sorcery. Some can also allow the purchase of certain advantageous merits.

Your control spell is essentially the spell you are best at performing. You get one for each circle, and it's generally the first spell you learn. Depending on the spell you pick, having it as your control spell gives additional benefits, as well as sometimes some minor effects like turning your Claws Obsidian when your angry.

Like you guys really should look at my CS and tell me what I'm missing.

This is my first time trying this exalted system and the book is not user friendly. It's like trying to find a needle in the haystack. Somewhere between the lore that's in this book are bits and pieces of how to make a character.

Like you guys really should look at my CS and tell me what I'm missing.

This is my first time trying this exalted system and the book is not user friendly. It's like trying to find a needle in the haystack. Somewhere between the lore that's in this book are bits and pieces of how to make a character.
Trust me! I know that all too well lol. I'm relatively new to Exalted myself. I assure you I have bothered them a lot more than you have. And I have also made mountains of mistakes.

I'm still here though! It definitely takes a bit of getting used to. But after looking things up enough times I get a kinda semblance of whereabouts things are.

Except the lore though. I'm still iffy on that. Barely know all that much.

But for the most part, i tend to wing it. Talking out my butt and pretending to know what I'm talking about, and mostly relying on context clues and the like.

I found a much easier way to look at things is by theme rather than specifics. Which you pick up on pretty quick once you actually get into play.

This game is actually a reboot of the first exalted game I joined! Of which I stomped in like a bull in a china shop and didnt do all that much. But still had a lot of fun, and it made me crave more.

Syvvaris Syvvaris
Also! You might want to pick up the resistance charm Ox-Body Technique. As it is how you get more health.

BP is very useful! Be wise how you spend it, because it can save you a fortune in xp later. With 1bp for favored/caste abilities, it's a great deal to use those to edge your abilities over 3. So it might be a good idea to reorganize them a little.

Buying a new ability is 3xp. And upgrading it is current rating x2. 4xp can easily get you 2 dots in an ability you didnt have before. And in my opinion 2bp might be better used on spent elsewhere. Sense raising a 4dot unfavrored to 5dot costs 8xp, when you could instead just use BP for it.

But, then again, I'm wouldnt worry about it personally, so long as you make one that feels right to you. Lol I'm the type to throw min maxing out the window and make for fun. So odds are Spoderwoman is going to have her hands full keeping Mr. Bard safe.

Also something very useful I learned way too late. Keep track of where you spend everything! Your BP, your Xp, your solar XP. As well as what you spend them on. This way you can go back and correct any mistakes you happen to realize.

Syvvaris Syvvaris
A simple suggestion might be to use the 2BP you spent on the dot of Melee to instead purchase 2 dots of Awareness.

That way it adds 2 die to your Join battle roll.

You will find that a lot more useful than a single die in melee.

And with you being an Archer, you can probably find a way to Stunt a close range attack if need be. Like stabbing someone in the eye with an arrow

Which reminds me of another bit of advice. Stunt everything!

Sherwood Sherwood

Mostly there. Updated my sheet.

All that's left:
Name
Anima Banner
Backstory
Intimacies

Questions
1. When getting the MA merit, does the MA ability come with the specialty of specific style? Or does that count the 3 starter specialties.

2. Will we be starting together? And, with Spider being Bards Lunar Mate, if she still desires it, would we be playing out their meeting or starting together?

Final note, decided to just go ahead and name him Bard. If Spider can be named spider because shes a spider. Bard can be named Bard because hes a bard.

Also, because if you say it enough, it sounds like a name.

Sherwood Sherwood

Mostly there. Updated my sheet.

All that's left:
Name
Anima Banner
Backstory
Intimacies

Questions
1. When getting the MA merit, does the MA ability come with the specialty of specific style? Or does that count the 3 starter specialties.

2. Will we be starting together? And, with Spider being Bards Lunar Mate, if she still desires it, would we be playing out their meeting or starting together?

Final note, decided to just go ahead and name him Bard. If Spider can be named spider because shes a spider. Bard can be named Bard because hes a bard.

Also, because if you say it enough, it sounds like a name.
The MA merit does not give you a specialty automatically. If you want one with your particular style, it will come from your starter ones or you need to buy it with your bonus points or xp.

Yes, you'll be together starting out. All of which will be explained in the opening post.

D. Rex D. Rex You sure you want to start out with a 1 for your Int? You are going to be considered a bit slow in the head if you do.

D. Rex D. Rex You sure you want to start out with a 1 for your Int? You are going to be considered a bit slow in the head if you do.
Not sure at all! Might have to break down and even out the wits. As was thinking to up it once I got some xp to do so.

Or, like most bards, Bard could be an idiot savant!

What would I expect from having a 1 in int?

Not sure at all! Might have to break down and even out the wits. As was thinking to up it once I got some xp to do so.

Or, like most bards, Bard could be an idiot savant!

What would I expect from having a 1 in int?
After a lifetime of seeing Dragon-blooded looking down on mortals, Kuaidao would be nice to Bard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back