• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial by Fire - Exalted 2e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
As long as they break down a portion of the wall 30 minutes into the op, I don't have any preference for what happens after the fact. Given timing though, I doubt we'll be able to get such high profile thaumaturgical implements on such a short notice.

I'm thinking I tell the jokun to break through a section of the wall and engage in combat with any armed person he comes across. Maybe frame it as a siege on the prison, since jokun are heavily influenced by their sense of honor. Maybe tell him to escape and consider his service ended after X hours have taken place.

Just tell them they are aiding the liberation of a wrongly imprisoned celestial dignitary. As Holst is destined to exalt, that should be sufficient honor based influence to do the task. Whether or not it fights afterward is immaterial, as fleeing inmates will suffice as the distraction.

Edit: I wasn't aware summoned spirits required such effort to make themselves useful.

That's fair. Do we just need it to break down the wall and then leave? Or does it need to stick around for a while and fight? If it just needs to break down the wall, there may be better elementals than a jokun for that.

It really just needs to break the hole open and leave. The guards will be busy enough trying to prevent a mass escape and riot. Especially if we have mundane weapons to give to the prisoners.

Ok. In that case, do you know if a kri has the ability to reshape earth? If it does, it looks like the kri might be better-suited to breaking down a wall, since it can reshape the foundation.

Are we sure we want to arm the prisoners too? Certainly them rioting and escaping will be distracting enough for the guards, but arming them will introduce a new problem to Chiaroscurans living around the prison. Weaponless inmates can be mostly rounded up without much fuss (I would think), but if a group become armed and escape they could begin looting homes or taking citizens hostage. Not our problem in the context of retrieving Holst, but Viktor would take issue with it and see it as his responsibility to fix.

Definitely not trying to make an issue where there isn't one, and I'm not gonna rebel against the plan or anything crazy, but if inmates start streaming out of the hole unfettered than Viktor will mostly likely rush to plug the hole until guards arrive. He lives in Chiaroscuro, and won't want inmates escaping into the city.

I am not going to stress too much over the details of summoning an elemental. Just let me know what orders you wish to give it, and we can go from there.

Are we sure we want to arm the prisoners too? Certainly them rioting and escaping will be distracting enough for the guards, but arming them will introduce a new problem to Chiaroscurans living around the prison. Weaponless inmates can be mostly rounded up without much fuss (I would think), but if a group become armed and escape they could begin looting homes or taking citizens hostage. Not our problem in the context of retrieving Holst, but Viktor would take issue with it and see it as his responsibility to fix.

Definitely not trying to make an issue where there isn't one, and I'm not gonna rebel against the plan or anything crazy, but if inmates start streaming out of the hole unfettered than Viktor will mostly likely rush to plug the hole until guards arrive. He lives in Chiaroscuro, and won't want inmates escaping into the city.
Don't forget, most of the prisoners in there are locked up for a reason. That fortress is not a minimum security place for the Exalted equivalent of white collar crime. These are some pretty bad dudes and dudettes.

If it they prove too cowardly to attempt escape otherwise, it wouldn't be out of the question as far as Aredin is concerned.

Edit: To clarify, this is because somewhat of a panic mode has engaged. He will see to the group's survival at any cost.

Last edited:
If it they prove too cowardly to attempt escape otherwise, it wouldn't be out of the question as far as Aredin is concerned.

Edit: To clarify, this is because somewhat of a panic mode has engaged. He will see to the group's survival at any cost.

Fei draws the line on the opposite side. She countenances self-sacrifice before sacrificing others.

Whew, IC rant posted. Not knockin anyone that wants to try an honorable if somewhat overly pacifist take on things. I still expect some collateral damage in one form or another, regardless of what spin we place on our strategy.

This is going a really neat way. The groups I've previously participated in rarely did much RP conflict between members of the circle. We just went along (for the most part) with a 'leader' character and let the conflict play out on the battlefields. I'm enjoying this conflicted intercharacter RP; kinda sheds light on a miniature version of what Solar Deliberative deadlock must've been like during the High First Age.

I agree. This kind of quality role playing is also earning you guys extra xp.

So far, I don't get that vibe that people are going overboard. This is just good gaming.

Posted.

Not trying to start combat unless the others wanted to take it there; hence my leaving things open past her own actions. If so, can write up what that'd look like mechanically, but short version was that it was just a way to grab their attention by the throat and shake it a bit. She wasn't trying to do any actual damage (to the point that the mechanical version would include the penalty for strikes not meant to cause any actual damage on the throw).

As an aside, Rashiid should probably have a Limit Break listed and a Limit track.

EDIT: And Lance needs virtues AND a Limit Track/Flaw.

Oh. Would that earlier post be sufficient to claim a 2-die stunt?

I ask because pushing stunts is the main way I'd be able to keep her....y'know, functional both mote-wise and dice-wise.

Your Essence pools are full, so you shouldn't need to worry about that, but sure. The post was quite good, well worth the bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back