• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial by Fire - Exalted 2e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
If you want, you can send me an email in a PM so you don't have to share it with the group as a whole.

A number of observations on character creation:
Make a list for each Ability you plan to buy Charms in. And start narrowing them down to what you can afford and still keep your concept.
Playing a Solar and going unarmored is doable, but hard. Lunars have it easier in that regard.
If you go with Ragnar, I'd suggest you focus on Martial Arts, Survival, Resistance. And maybe add a few Melee and Dodge Charms.
For Melee pick a couple of defensive Charms and that's it.

While a Daiklaive of Conquest sounds Awesome, and it is, part of the beauty of the game, to me, is being able to achieve similar results in-game. Either by trying to find said Artifact, or working on getting all the Charms you need to do something like it.

I've been PMing D. Rex D. Rex to help out his character, and we should be ready to introduce his character soon.

All I should have left now is to put everything into a CS and calculate the combat stuffs. Then yall can estimate how quickly he will probably die :3

Alrighty! There is most of it! Just need to do more combat stats. But wanted to post it before I lost it.

*Martial Arts 5 - Fighting unarmed 3, Fighting in armor 1
I can see a minor oops. You can only have 3 points in Specialties on any one Attribute, and you have 4 on this one. Fix that and you should be good.

If you have a point in Artifact to spend, could I suggest Perfected Boots? They are in the Wonders of the Lost Age, and they are great one dot items.
This artifact has been made since the early days of the First Age, but most modern examples were manufactured in Lookshy. Almost half of the Dragon-Blooded ground troops fielded by this martial state wear a version of this artifact. Once the wearer commits one mote of Essence to this item, these boots become the most comfortable footwear she has ever worn. This artifact keeps the wearer’s feet cool and dry in all conditions, and she will never develop blisters while wearing them. In addition to comfort, these boots also allow the wearer to both run and march considerably faster than normal. In combat, the wearer adds three yards per tick to all move actions and six yards per tick to dash actions. When walking long distances, the wearer can march at a speed of 10 miles per hour and can cover up to 100 miles in a day, allowing the wearer to overtake carriages and to easily keep up with all but the fastest mounted characters. In addition, the wearer adds two to her Strength when calculating jumping distances. This bonus adds directly to the wearer’s Strength if the jumping distance is multiplied because of Charms, additional artifacts or anima powers. One of the primary advantages these boots provide for Lookshy is that heavy infantry who wear these boots can easily keep up with cavalry troops, allowing Lookshy forces to be exceedingly swift and mobile.

Woo! Free point!

And actually was thinking about getting perfected Boots before deciding on the general mirror thing. This will give me the perfect excuse to get it.

However! I do have a heartstone. Does it require a slot or amulet to be able to use it? Cause I dont think any of my stuff has any slots for them.

I believe that the suit of armor you have comes with a hearthstone socket.

I really recommend that you grab Adamant Skin Technique if you don't grab something like Flow Like Blood or Fivefold Bulwark Stance. There are large enemies (like Tyrant Lizards) that have strength higher than 10. Letting yourself get hit by something like that casually will really hurt even with high soaks. More likely, we'd be facing Dragon-Blooded with warstrider mecha, but there are still magical behemoths and angry elder lunars that can bring that level of might to bare with even more tricks behind it. I'd also grab Infinite Martial Arts Mastery (general charm in the core book) to help with your attack/accuracy pool.

Other than the two concerns, looks pretty boss. I think he'll fit in well.

I really recommend that you grab Adamant Skin Technique if you don't grab something like Flow Like Blood or Fivefold Bulwark Stance. There are large enemies (like Tyrant Lizards) that have strength higher than 10. Letting yourself get hit by something like that casually will really hurt even with high soaks. More likely, we'd be facing Dragon-Blooded with warstrider mecha, but there are still magical behemoths and angry elder lunars that can bring that level of might to bare with even more tricks behind it. I'd also grab Infinite Martial Arts Mastery (general charm in the core book) to help with your attack/accuracy pool.

Other than the two concerns, looks pretty boss. I think he'll fit in well.
I switched out Battle fury Focus and Bloodthirsty Sword Dancer Spirit to get those two recommended.

I forgot I had accidentally removed a Hardy, so it was good you pointed it out.

I thought about keeping Battle Fury Focus, but I figured Essence Gathering Tenper would keep me in the fight longer since I can recover motes, and can probably Combo it with a Defense charm so it could potentially pay for its itself. If thay is even how combos work.

Though I'm not sure if I want to switch my martial art Excellency to First or Second. Since I'm committing 8 motes to Infinite, would 4 extra die or 2 free successes benefit me more?

Also, since Articulated Plate and Superheavy Plate cost the same. I'm thinking about switching to Superheavy for the higher soak. But I'm not sure how the Fatigue score of it fits in. 1 for articulated, 2 for heavy. I do have a high Stamina though. Is it worth the extra soak and hardness?

I ask cause I dont know the system yet.

Screenshot_20190525-215759_Dropbox.jpg

And sense I also just found extra heartstone, I actually found 3 that is more useful to me than the freedom stone.

Stone of resilient bamboo. Extra soak and hourly regen could do wonders for Ragnars playstyle.

Also, since Articulated Plate and Superheavy Plate cost the same. I'm thinking about switching to Superheavy for the higher soak. But I'm not sure how the Fatigue score of it fits in. 1 for articulated, 2 for heavy. I do have a high Stamina though. Is it worth the extra soak and hardness?

I ask cause I dont know the system yet.
I have not been using the Fatigue system yet; there has not been a battle or other scene that has been going on long enough to worry about it, so go ahead and get the heavier armor.
Stone of resilient bamboo. Extra soak and hourly regen could do wonders for Ragnars playstyle.
Looks good to me. I have no objections to you swapping out your hearthstone for the other one.

D. Rex D. Rex Are you ready to start off? I have been holding on the IC postings to give you some time.

Oh! Yes I am. I was waiting to see if there was anything else that I needed to do before posting. You didnt have to hold things up for me, but thank you.

As it stands. I will not likely be able to make a post until Saturday.

Oh! Yes I am. I was waiting to see if there was anything else that I needed to do before posting. You didnt have to hold things up for me, but thank you.

As it stands. I will not likely be able to make a post until Saturday.

Fine by me. I can wait that long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back