TQ Voting Thead

[2] The idea comes to the forefront of your mind with frightening ease. "The robber made a mess, we'll blame him."

Option 2 / 3

This is technically all the robber's fault, it's just a little stretch to blame it all on him. In fact... screw it. You know this job has been good to you, and you'll pay them back eventually, but while they're already suffering losses... What's the harm in taking a little extra and blaming that on the robber too? You're already going to eat your paycheck, probably. And you will pay them back, eventually, in some form or another. Is there really any harm?

((Because I love morally flexible/grey Maria.))

Seconded/Thirded/Whatever. Aren't 2 and 3 combined basically the same thing as 2?

Shouldn't our photosynthesis cover some of this heightened upkeep demand?

That's a good question.

Seconded/Thirded/Whatever. Aren't 2 and 3 combined basically the same thing as 2?

Yeah, I just slashed 'em for clarification.

Also Anom's query is a good one, but I'll buy that we're expending more than even the photosynth. can cover.

I am drinking with my wife and brother, also watching Stranger Things. Updates tomorrow.

Also, like I said, Photosynth counts more when you've got a steady supply of UV Radiation. Being inside, covered up, during the late evening in December, you tend not to get a whole load of sunlight. Furthermore, actions have consequences.

Alright, with the mounting difficulty I'm having doing these with the current time of night, which is posed to get even more difficult when my shifts start getting later, I'm going to be switching the update times from 10pm GMT, to 12pm GMT. For clarity, that's 2200 to 1200. Posts tomorrow morning. Apologies for the change in service.

Hmmmm... Can we like... Throw them out then take out the trash to the dumpster?

Do we have an incinerator?

(I play too much Yandere Sim.)

((Sort of going with Anomaly's vote. Changed my vote for Op2 halfway through.))

Option 1a/b & 2b

If you're going to blame the robber, you need to get rid of the evidence. You need to throw it all out but... you can't just put it in the store bins. That'll be too obvious and they might check. You need to sneakily throw it out. Maybe throw out a little bit in lots of different bins? Hide a bit in your bags?

Oh! You see how much of it you can convince Kat to take away with her. She doesn't need to be here when you call for help (as comforting as her presence would be).

And how much of it can you use lighters to burn and then just get rid of the ashes? That's gotta be less obvious.

And then, finally, it's time to call... Actually, now that you think about it. You were going to call 911 but no one is in immediate danger anymore and... well. Maybe it would be easier to explain things to Mr. Garcia instead of to the police? Maybe it would make your story more believable? You decide to call Mr. Garcia and explain what happened. You'll ask him if you should call 911.

@Silvertongued Could you put a link on the options post back to the story from now on? Sometimes I don't get a notification for the story so I have to manually open it, which is irritating when I have a lot of tabs from notifications.

Last edited by a moderator:
((Sort of going with Anomaly's vote. Changed my vote for Op2 halfway through.))

Option 1a/b & 2b

If you're going to blame the robber, you need to get rid of the evidence. You need to throw it all out but... you can't just put it in the store bins. That'll be too obvious and they might check. You need to sneakily throw it out. Maybe throw out a little bit in lots of different bins? Hide a bit in your bags?

Oh! You see how much of it you can convince Kat to take away with her. She doesn't need to be here when you call for help (as comforting as her presence would be).

And how much of it can you use lighters to burn and then just get rid of the ashes? That's gotta be less obvious.

And then, finally, it's time to call... Actually, now that you think about it. You were going to call 911 but no one is in immediate danger anymore and... well. Maybe it would be easier to explain things to Mr. Garcia instead of to the police? Maybe it would make your story more believable? You decide to call Mr. Garcia and explain what happened. You'll ask him if you should call 911.

Seconded.

4. Clarify your cover story while cleaning up. You can call 911 when you're done.

That's not voting for all three. The last sentence was an afterthought.

Option 1

You think you have your cover story figured out, since it was basically what you told Mr. Garcia over the phone. And you figure it's now his responsibility whether to call 911 or not. You better get to cleaning up - he'll probably ask you to do that when he gets here anyway.

OPTIONS:

1. "It's tomato juice. He... caught me while I was snacking..."

2. "It's... It's not my blood..."

3. "It's fine. Don't worry about it,"

4. Write in~

Sorry about the disappearance over the past few days. I've been busy being slightly sick, as well as slightly busy, and extremely lazy. I'll try to make sure shit like that doesn't happen again. Thanks for being patient guys~

Oh god, how are you going to get out of this one? It's not exactly in an area where you can say you were just grazed.

Well, you're going to have to work this one out on the fly. The most plausible excuse you can think of spills out of your mouth like vomit.

"I-it's not my blood..."

Shit, now you have some 'splainin' to do.

Option 3

Damnit, you were so busy thinking about the shop (and stealing) that you forgot about you. You're not sure how to explain this and the first stalling excuse you think of tumbles out of your mouth;

"Don't worry, it's fine."

Hopefully he'll be more concerned with his livelihood than with you - especially since you're obviously well enough to clean up the shop. If he prods further... Hm. Could you say you got lightly stabbed? Or maybe that you got in a brief tussle and you're not even sure if the blood is yours or the robber's?

Hopefully he won't question it.

Option 3

Damnit, you were so busy thinking about the shop (and stealing) that you forgot about you. You're not sure how to explain this and the first stalling excuse you think of tumbles out of your mouth;

"Don't worry, it's fine."

Hopefully he'll be more concerned with his livelihood than with you - especially since you're obviously well enough to clean up the shop. If he prods further... Hm. Could you say you got lightly stabbed? Or maybe that you got in a brief tussle and you're not even sure if the blood is yours or the robber's?

Hopefully he won't question it.

Seconded.

OPTIONS:

1. Mostly truth; One robber, held up, took more stuff.

2. Something of a lie; Two robbers, one held up, the other took stuff.

3. Blatant fibbing; A gang took stuff, got spooked and left midway.

4. Write in~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back