TQ Voting Thead

((Okay, so, Anomaly's idea is good. But. Yo, @Anomaly , @Riuma - here me out: ))

Option 1 2 / 3

"Oh, do you think I should?" you absently answer. Calling an ambulance is probably a good idea. Now that Kat's mentioned it, anyway. They...
            and... but...

Actually, and your distant common sense seriously hopes this is your parahuman ability talking and not the shock, but you're getting...

I n s p i r e d .

You think you can take care of this yourself. It's all in the genes. You just need to reactivate Lin28a. Actually, maybe you need to superactivate
            it. You can see, in your addled mind what it does. You can see it working through infant babies, see how it promotes the cells healing to go
            faster than ever, far faster than mature human's cells regenerate.

You're going to be okay.

(If you can't muddle together the supplies you need from the shop, you head to Toybox to try get supplies from there).

((I linked the single frigging article I saw on the Lin28a gene. Also, Silvertongued - if you think the science doesn't check out, then my vote is for Option 1, thirding Anomaly's reply.))

Last edited by a moderator:
((Okay, so, Anomaly's idea is good. But. Yo, @Anomaly , @Riuma - here me out: ))

Option 1 2 / 3

"Oh, do you think I should?" you absently answer. Calling an ambulance is probably a good idea. Now that Kat's mentioned it, anyway. They...
            and... but...

Actually, and your distant common sense seriously hopes this is your parahuman ability talking and not the shock, but you're getting...

I n s p i r e d .

You think you can take care of this yourself. It's all in the genes. You just need to reactivate Lin28a. Actually, maybe you need to superactivate
            it. You can see, in your addled mind what it does. You can see it working through infant babies, see how it promotes the cells healing to go
            faster than ever, far faster than mature human's cells regenerate.

You're going to be okay.

(If you can't muddle together the supplies you need from the shop, you head to Toybox to try get supplies from there).

((I linked the single frigging article I saw on the Lin28a gene. Also, Silvertongued - if you think the science doesn't check out, then my vote is for Option 1, thirding Anomaly's reply.))

I was thinking about doing this, but considering it's the first time we'd ever be trying this, I don't know if we'd accidentally screw something up/make it even worse.

Hmmm, I dunno, I feel like we should probably not die before we experiment. xD

Though if it's down to what Maria would do, that does sound about right based on prior actions, haha.

Sure, I'll second @Jaye.

Alright, as much as I'd actually like to post right now, I'm after getting through the last of my job's basic training, and my brain isn't functioning enough to post the quality that the quest deserves. So tonight will be a night off, and hopefully the last extra one that isn't a day off.

Apologies about this guys.

As far as I'm concerned, such regular daily replies are a luxury. No probs, Silvertongued.

Also: I share both of your concerns over not dying, so thank you for joining me on this gamble anyway.

OPTIONS:

1. Implement just superfast regeneration on yourself

2. Regeneration and denser bone and muscular structure. (Offensive option)

3. Regeneration and subdermal toughening. (Defensive option)

4. All three.

5. Write in~

5. Take it slow. Start with 1, and if you don't screw anything up, add 2 and 3.

I know this is voting for the first three, but that's an option anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
5. Take it slow. Start with 1, and if you don't screw anything up, add 2 and 3.

I know this is voting for the first three, but that's an option anyway.

Seconded!

But maybe add 3 before 2, just in case something does go wrong. :P

(Thirding Riuma & Anomaly. Specifically...)

Option 4

You take it slow, adding changes gradually. Most importantly, you need to heal so you start with simply upping your natural regeneration to, well, parahuman speeds. But you're also thinking ahead. Planning. This was preventable. If you were tougher, stronger, more durable.

Thinking along these lines, you don't stop at simply the regeneration but you add a defensive measure - toughening up your subdermal layers. Like armour just under your skin. And, if that works, if that actually succeeded then... screw it! You remember some of the stuff you did to Buffy. Why stop at defence - isn't the greatest defence a good offence? What if it's not you they're aiming at next time, but someone you love and care about? Add something more offensive, altering your bones and your muscles to be denser and thus making them more durable and stronger.

OPTIONS:

1. "....you wanna go get icecream?"

2. "Shit, I'm... I'm really sorry Kat..."

3. Remain silent, but look tormented.

4. Write in~

[2] While option 1 would be fun it doesn't make as much sense now that the shock is fading. We feel terrible and we should show it.

Also, did we ever remove the bullet? Or did it pass through?

Option 3

Oh geez, oh man. You weren't thinking - you were so out of it. You had serious tunnel vision but you were in shock! You'd been shot!

You feel so, so, so bad. You can't even think of what to say to make it up to her.

You wallow in your guilt.

Option 2 (then 3)

You're still on the clock and a robbery still occurred. You're super hungry but you need to deal with this first. You set about cleaning up, wondering how much you could reasonably blame on the robber. It is technically his fault all this merchandise was opened and used but... Hm.

Once you've cleaned up you'll call 911. Hopefully you'll have some time before they arrive to talk over your story with Kat. You'd... rather not mention that you patched up your own bullet wound.

[2] The idea comes to the forefront of your mind with frightening ease. "The robber made a mess, we'll blame him."

Option 2 / 3

This is technically all the robber's fault, it's just a little stretch to blame it all on him. In fact... screw it. You know this job has been good to you, and you'll pay them back eventually, but while they're already suffering losses... What's the harm in taking a little extra and blaming that on the robber too? You're already going to eat your paycheck, probably. And you will pay them back, eventually, in some form or another. Is there really any harm?

((Because I love morally flexible/grey Maria.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back