• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Torexx - Experience Virtual Reality a Whole New Way

Asura didn t turn around as Leo left. He instead was searching for a second enchantment and he found one. He read it in a whisper to himself. "Vibrate level 1; tiny lightning bolts makes your blade cut through enemies and objects easier. Ok then good enough." Asura then extended his hand over his blade and then spoke the incantation. The enchantment on his blade was a success. "Ok now for the next one." Asura told himself. He searched through the book of level 1 Light enchantments. "Laser Pointer level 1; makes a red laserlight come out the tip of your blade to be used like a laser pointer." Asura read. He extended his hands and added the enchantment to his weapon. He got up and stretched taking a break.

He then looked around and saw a scholar NPC sitting down with a quest icon over his head. Asura knew he didn't see that icon before. He walked over and said "What's the matter?" The NPC responded "I've lost one of my valued enchantment books. I wrote it myself and haven't yet made any copies. It's too much to start over again. Please retrieve it for me, I'll reward you." A window opened show the details, requirements, and rewards for the quest. Asura hit accept and the scholar thanked him. Asura then walked off heading north of town to the point indicated on his map.

Leo found the cave and found a few tougher monsters, but his leach helped a lot. He retrieved some old wooden statue from a spiders web and returned to the surface. He walked back to town at a leisurely pace. Upon returning the statue, he received money and XP. He checked his swords stats again and determined that he could cram one more enchantment on this thing. He walked into the shop and settled on one called "Midnight Eclipse". At level one it wasn't much, but he didn't have much room left after leech. At level one it would reduce the effectiveness of magic by the users by 5% for 30 seconds.

-----

Alex scanned the field outside the town. They could make a mad dash at the opening, but chances were they would run out of stamina too quickly. And they would probably need their stamina later on the road. "Ban' San said slowly. "Shoot something at him, and I think he will retaliate behind him leaving an opening." She pointed to they guy she though would be the best target.

"Alright." Ban nodded getting out his sling shot. Searching the ground he found a small pebble and quickly put it in the slingshot. Aiming he drew it back then fired. The pebble his him square in the back of the neck.

The guy instantly turned around and made a slash at the nearest person behind him. The chase began and Alex started running. Once she felt she was a sizable distance away she slowed to a walk and checked her surroundings. Everything seemed good for now.

Ban ran next to Alex a large smile on his face. He loved causing mischief! Alex stopped so he followed and curiously looked around.

Asura arrived at the indicated point with a ways below moderate amount of trouble with monsters. The monsters weren't difficult there was just alot of them. He stopped on his approach and dived into a some bushes. He could see surrounding the book were some monsters. They wore some kind of animal pelt and had strange masks with tusks growing out of them. They held spears and were scavenging around the site. They were higher level monsters so he couldn't rush in and attack them all at once. He made a plan and then executed it.

First he used Laser Pointer to distract two monsters, the monsters stood opposite of each other striking at the red dot with their spears. Asura creeped around them, he had a moment idea and pointed the laser onto one of them and the other stabbed at the dot stabbing it's comrade in the process. The victim retaliated with a thrust of his own. Asura aimed the laser of the back on the first one, less than a few seconds later a spear went flying into that back thrown by another monsters. Asura rushed out and stabbed the one that had thrown the spear using Taser to stun him and then wrenching his blade to kill the monster. He then ran at the two that are fighting and used Vibrate to strike the two of the with one broad ranged slash killing them. One tried to attack from behind and Asura moved out the way then planted his blade in it's neck and watched it shatter hearing the ping to level up. Then another threw his spear into Asura's leg who quickly ripped it out and cut the monster vertically twice. The final one he beheaded with a critical horizontal slice to the neck, it's head went flying off into the air before shattering into reflective shards. Asura then picked up the book and tried to read the cover but it was too faded. So he just continued and returned to town killing a some regular monsters here and there.

He walked back into town and went straight to NPC in the Enchanter's shop. He handed the NPC the book. "Thank you kind sir. For that I shall award you a copy of this fine book." The NPC said standing up and leaving, it's quest icon disappearing. A window opened showing the rewards. He hit accept and got a good amount of credits and exp. But he was interested in the books he got so hw summoned it from his item menu and saw it was a book about non elemental enchantmens levels 1-5. Asura looked around amazed that they books of enchanting are around here, he found a bookshelf and took a similar book but about Light enchantments. He purchased the book and then left to go do some reading.

"Why do you look so happy?" Alex asked. She moved down the path cautiously, but faster than before. The sooner they got to the next town, the better. At such a low level she felt vulnerable and didn't like it.

Bans smile widened as he followed her."I just love causing mischief. The look(s) on my victim(s) faces are absolutely hilarious. The thrill of the chase is the best part though."

"So you like adrenaline?" Alex asked. "I guess I can respect that. I'm more of a laid back person myself who just tries to avoid aggravating people. She walked on for a while and soon the town was sitting on the horizon. There were some more people outside this town, but it seemed that the ones who made it this far were more team orientated. Maybe the "Town of Beginnings" would soon be known as the "Town of Psychotics".

"I guess you can put it like that." Ban shrugged."I can be laid back sometimes though." Quietly he walked beside her and they walked like that for a few hours until a town appeared. Looking around at the others there he shook his head. They would have to finish this fast. Hopefully they can finish their missions before the crazies appeared. If they weren't here already.

"I think we can just walk in this time" Alex said. "But be prepared to fight if necessary." She shifted her position slightly so that she could reach her daggers easier. It was only a slight difference, and she doubted that anyone who wasn't paying any attention to her would notice the change.

"Alright." Ban nodded his hand straying to his own dagger discreetly. He knew the movement wouldnt be seen unless one looked closely.

Alex started to walk again. She eyed everyone who strayed near, but she entered the safe zone without any skirmishes. She then found the next quest. It came from an elderly man with a cane. His daughter was on a far about 2 miles west of the town and was worrying about bores harming her and destroying the crops. She accepted the mission and waited for Ban.

[QUOTE="kira blackthorn](Are we doing the same quest or different ones.)

[/QUOTE]
(Don't care)

"So, what you're telling me is, I just throw this down on the ground and whatever monster that happens to get near it is hurt?" Vick said skeptically to another player, who sighed and shook her head. "No, what I'm telling you is that these traps, when you set them, are really, really finicky. They'll hurt you too if you're near it when it goes off. Just like if you have a trap that slows something down and you're near it, you'll also get slowed down. Look, man, I just want you to get to the end of this alive. You... really don't seem to have a significant chance to make it that far. Just find some people that compliment whatever you do, and you might make it out." The woman explained, pointing to various schematics that Vick had laid out and covered with shoddy attempts to recreate. Vick sighed and held out a handful of credits to the woman, who accepted them and shook his hand. "Best of luck to ya, Vick. I've got a feeling you'll need it." The woman said confidently, walking out of the tavern where the rogue trainer hung out. Vick sighed and set about trying to make a trap again, nicking his finger slightly on one of the bladed wires in the center of it.

About ten minutes later, Vick left the tavern with a belt full of traps and a side quest to investigate a former dead drop near the outskirts of town for any signs of monster activity, with a bonus objective to make it there and back without being noticed by any hostile creatures. When the quest giver stressed that the objective was optional, and really only there to make sure he understood that the life of a rogue was nearly always in the shadows, Vick replied by laughing and pointing at himself. "Frankly, man, I want to see if I can get there and back without being noticed despite looking like this. I'm gonna do this the right way, stealth and all." He said confidently. The quest giver sighed and crossed Vick's name off of the tab. "Poor guy isn't making it back. Might as well take it easy on whoever would have to get this bill." Outside, Vick scrambled up onto the roof of the tavern and began making his slow way towards the dead drop, trying to avoid the gaze of any hostile creatures on the edges of the town and actually succeeding. A few minutes later, Vick stared down at the dead drop, surrounded by claw marks and a few gnoll tribal markings, and laughed.

"Oh man, this is gonna be great. I'd hate to have whatever quest the guy gives out after I tell him this is clear. 'An untrusting rogue is a dead rogue', I think he said. Ha! That'll teach him to think I'm not good at this sneaking stuff." Vick laughed quietly and made his slow way back to the tavern, slipping in through an open window and sneaking up to the trainer. "Good, good. Didn't think you'd actually get there and back in one piece. Smart move, using the roofs like that. I did that myself when I first started." The trainer said happily before Vick had a chance to say anything. "Now, about the dead drop; that's just too infested to use anymore. Not gonna hold it against you, trying to get one over on me. If anything, I'd say I'm proud of you for it. Here, this is what we got off the corpse of the last guy I sent to look at that ratty old thing. It's not much, but it's more than you had before. I also took a bit off the top for myself, of course." The trainer continued, tossing a fairly hefty sack of credits towards the now-standing Vick and beginning to clean his nails. "How did you... You already knew? How?" Vick stuttered, catching the sack and feeling the credits disappear into his pockets. "Oh, please. 'An untrusting rogue is a dead rogue'? Listening to that is what got the last guy killed. You've got promise, kid. Don't waste it on something stupid. Just stick to sneaking around and putting out those pathetic traps you're making and you'll go down in the books." The trainer yawned and flipped a sign with his foot, indicating that his training clinic was closed for the day, as Vick walked out of the tavern again, laughing loudly.

"Agreed" Alex said. She followed her map out of town and walked down an old looking dirt road. After not too long the farm came into view. There were boars everywhere. Alex talked to the girl hiding inside. She was supposed to kill 20 boars and fertilize the field in specific spots. Alex set out doing the work.

Ban sighed drawing his sword as he followed Alex. Getting into his fighting position he brandished his sword facing the boars that were appearing. He was ready to get this over with. Let the quest begin.

Alex used her small size to her advantage and navigated the field quickly. She used her daggers to kill boars before they knew she was there and used the fertilizer where appropriate, watching the plants return to a healthy looking state.

Ban soon finished and checked his energy level. He was relieved to find that despite all the running he did he only lost a small amount of energy. Turning he watched Alex do her own mission waiting for her to finish.

Ales finished up her part and saw Ban was done also. She walked into the house and notified the NPC that the quest was done. She acted very thankful and gave her a piece of cloth for her father and some cornbread as a personal reward.

Ban put the stuff the NPC gave him away before turning to Alex. "We should find a place to sleep for the night. If I am right any nearby inns will already be taken. Though I wouldn't want to stay in one anyway. To many people. We should see about finding an abandoned house or something though."

(Time skip to before the first boss fight. Before you post your characters actions, fill this out. All base levels are 1 (unless specified otherwise) and max out at 100. Keep in mind you get 2 upgrade points fro every level up. Please update this after every major time skip.

Level:

Strength: (knights start at 5)

Defense: (paladins start at 5)

Stamina: (scouts start at 5)

Familiar: (if any)

Current primary weapon:

Level of current Primary weapon:

Enchantments: (show level and pass them off with me in the OOC first)

-----

Level: 6

Strength: 5

Defense: 4

Stamina: 5

Familiar: none

Current primary weapon: One similar to the one in my CS

Level of primary weapon: 6

Enchantments: Leach 3, Midnight Eclipse 2, and Liquid Shadow 2

Leo sat down in the stands of a fighting arena. This place was meant for people to duel in, but right now a man was making announcements to everyone. "We have located the lair of the first boss. Taking him on alone, so we have called you here. Many of you are considered the warriors of the front line. Together, we will take down the first boss!" He waited while some of the people calmed down before continuing. "We depart from this spot in one hour sharp. Feel free to make new friends and team mates in the mean time." The man started walking away and several people chased after him. Leo stood u and started walking the other way. He was wearing all black now with a cloak on. He wore hoping no one would recognize him. (Feel free to prove him wrong. Especially you, @Uncle ShortyB)

-----

Level:5

Strength: 4

Defense: 4

Stamina: 4

Familiar: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140312123739/swordartonline/images/9/96/Pina.png (best I could find)

Current primary weapon: Bo staff (http://i40.tinypic.com/x4ux3.jpg)

Level of current Primary weapon: 5

Enchantments: Momentum 2 and Force Push 2

Alex was watching the speech from the top of a nearby building fiddling with a knife. The speaker left and she jumped down and walked up next to Ban. "So what do you think?" she asked. She had changed a lot in the past month. She was a lot more courageous and confident now. It showed too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level: 6

Strength: 6

Defense:2

Stamina: 6

Familiar: None

Current Primary Weapon: Two Katanas(Twin versions of the one in the last pic.)

Level of Current Primary Weapon: 5

Enchantments: Lightning Stream 4, Heal 2, and Photon Ride 3

Asura watched the speech next to Esana(@Demonic Angel ). He thought the speech was very brief and wasn't that inspiring. To him it seemed they were gathering players for slaughter because they lack any real strategy. He noticed many players looked at him when the spokeman said to form parties. He had been with many parties over the course of the month so it was natural. But now he stood and said "Sorry but this one I'm gonna do with my fulltime partner, though stay safe i'm counting on you all as much as you count on me." The players cheered raising their weapons then went to the task of forming parties. He sat down and said to Esana "That speech was crap. But I can't just let these guys go to their deaths, i've got to help them. They'll likely give up half way through the battle and just accept death. That's were we come in, it's time to find out who's serious from who's not. Sorry I ramble on so how are those enchantments I did for you, good or nah?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back