• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Torexx - Experience Virtual Reality a Whole New Way

Shog

The Infinite Being
Torexx is the newest Fantasy MMO RPG that has crazed the nation. It is so wildly popular for one sole reason. It is the first fully immersive video game where you feel like you are in the place of your character. This game has classes, a level system, quests of varying levels, and a unique system of magic. Torexx has 35 unique levels with 3 bosses each (with the exception of the first (2 bosses) and last (1 boss) levels). There are two intermediate bosses who drop keys to open the door to the level boss that allows you to travel to the next dimension. As you might have guessed, however, there is a twist. There is no log out button and a death in game translates to a death in real life. Defeat the game to win back your life.

It was a beautiful day outside, and Leo felt he was the only one inside. Torexx launched in about two minutes, and he laid down on his bed with the head gear already on. He had gone through the procedures so the machine could measure his body lengths and get an overall view for how he really looked like. The clock in the bottom of his screen changed to 12:00. A bright light flashed before him and then faded to black. He found himself standing in the middle of blackness with only a large screen in front of him. He entered a user name and password and progressed to the next stage. It gave him the options of various classes. He already knew he wanted to be an enchanter and selected it. The blackness filled with white light again.

This time when it subsided he was in the Town of Beginnings, in his avatars body. The avatars looked exactly like people do in the real world, but it was still cool. A few others had already logged in, and many more were still flooding in. He took the first quest and completed it. By the time the virtual sum was beginning to set on the plains level, he was just beginning to wrap up his XP grinding and contemplating logging out for the night. Then a gong went off and he, along with everyone else in the game, was teleported to the city square. A large cloaked figure appeared overhead and began speaking.

"Many of you are probably confused, but let me first start by saying thank you for buying my game. I'm sure many of you have heard rumors of a surprise. Well, this is it. You are stuck here. There is no log out button. If you wish to get out, then beat the game. As a final twist, a death in game corresponds to a death in the real world. You will also die if someone outside tries to remove your head gear. Many have already tried, but I am confident that the remaining ones are smart enough not to try. Also, your user names will now be removed. Have fun." Just as quickly as he had appeared, he left without a trace. Leo just found himself staring unmoving at where the apparition had left.

-----

Alex thanked her cousin for letting her play the game first. She was only supposed to remain at her cousins house for another day and that would be it for video games for a long time. She logged in with the user name, password, and class they had agreed on. She, like most others, did the first quest and then went onto Grind of XP. Then she was teleported to hear the crazy creator's speech. While most cried in outrage after he left, she simply turned and started trying to run away. Unfortunately, she was fairly deep in the crowd and getting out was hard. She figured it was only a matter of time until someone stopped her.

Ban scrowled angrily at the place that crazy creater had been. How dare he do something like this! Was he insane? Obviously. Looking around he found a opening in the croud and took it. He wanted to get away from there as fast as possible. People grew crazy when panicked.

Esâna was getting to her dorm in her collage when she walked through the door she was greeted by her dorm mate she waved hello and threw her back pack on her bed, Esâna then sat down and talked to her roommate for awhile then layer down on the bed with the gaming device on her head, she quickly logged on. Esâna had just gotten the game yesterday but never had the chance to play. So when it showed the starting screen she smiled without knowing. She went on with it till it got to the picking classes. From the variety of classes she choose knight.

Next she found her self in the town of beginnings, (isn't that from Zelda?) in her characters body. She smiled so wide

Just the thought of not being in the real world made her light up in glee! She spinned then ran as fast as she could happy to see her slow un athletic body had been swapped for a athletic, energetic one!

By the time everyone had got there Esâna wanted to leave and tell her room mate but when she opened the screen only to see there was no log out button. This reminded her of the Sao incident, she frowned only by remembering there is a staff or the creator coming by soon. As soon as she remembered a gong rang through her ears so load she fell to the ground closing her eyes only to be back at the town of beginnings. Esâna rose and looked around.

"Already?" Esâna asked

Then it went silent as a large cloaked figure appeared and began to speak.

-time skip- when the man finished talking Esâna's head was tiled straight at the ground tears going dripping from her face and dispersing into pixels when they hit the floor, her fist shaking as she clenched them so tight they bleed gradually making her health bar go down. Then she muttered in a dark voice.

"How could you do that....as if the last incident wasn't bad enough!" She clenched her teeth and looked at where the person used to be her pupils shrunken and red with tears so she just walked of till people nearby stopped looking at her then she looked over her shoulder at the crowd

"I feel sorry for you guys, you don't deserve this..but I'm not strong enough to save y'all just myself, I'm sorry" she whispered then ran off not to be seen again (for awhile anyway)

(It is okay to mention Sao? Right?)

"But I'm the one who wanted to play it! You don't even play games anymore since the arcade closed!" A young girl whined, stamping her feet in a manner rather unfitting a fourteen year old. Her hair was neat and tidy, her clothes clean and pressed, and she seemed to generally be more well-kempt than the tall, bald man she was arguing with. Vick sighed and crossed his arms over his chest, his ragged shirt and stained jeans contrasting with his sister's school uniform. "Look, I just want to make sure it isn't something like Condo of Infinite Gore or whatever, Kimmy. I gotta look out for you and all that, seeing as you live here now. Besides, I'm your older brother and you'll do what I say or I'll ship you out to Duncannon to live with Mark." Vick replied, uncrossing his arms and staring evenly at his younger sister, who responded by groaning dramatically and stomping off to her room.

"And stay outta my smokes while I'm playing this, alright?! You're fourteen! Mom would kill me if she found out I let you have even one of those!" Vick yelled, grabbing the bag with the game and taking it to the middle of the cramped living room in his apartment. He went through the whole process of setting it up and getting everything in line before he sat down and got settled in. The headgear went on, and he found himself transported to the standard account creation zone. "Pretty spiffy stuff. I can see why she wanted to get in on this." Vick muttered, entering in his usual account information. He then found himself staring at a menu with various classes and other information that he found completely meaningless. "Alright, two screens in and I'm already totally hopeless. Fantastic. Why aren't there any explanations of this stuff? I've got a job! I don't have time to research all this beforehand!" Vick continued muttering, choosing a class at random and ending up with the rogue.

A few seconds later, Vick set out from the introductory town and encountered his first enemies, which nearly beat him to a pulp until a kindly looking old man intervened and swore at him. He gradually got used to how the game was played and all that it entailed before a loud gong interrupted him mid-swing and teleported him back to the town square. A strange man explained something about the game and dying and not being able to log off, and Vick just stared numbly ahead. "So I guess I'm just gonna be stuck in this thing until I somehow stumble through to the end. This is why I liked the arcade. Condo of Infinite Gore just took your money and made you hold a gross plastic gun. That reminds me, I haven't seen Keith in a while. I wonder what he's up to? Probably not being stuck in a helmet in some crazy guy's game. I think he might be at work, actually." Vick thought, slowly pushing his way out of the crowd as he attempted to keep himself calm enough to avoid ripping the helmet off of his head in case the guy wasn't just messing with him. He pulled up the menu to log out... and it was blank. "Oh... I guess I'm stuck here. Wonderful. Knew I should have taken a smoke break before all this nastiness." He muttered, crossing his arms over his chest and staring towards the outskirts of town, temporarily stuck as other people realized their fate and began murmuring their dissatisfaction.

(Town of beginnings was the first town in SAO, actually. And this takes place in a different world where this is the first technology of its time. You don't need to change anything.)

-----

Leo had just broken out of his stance. There was an unlimited amount of supplies to support his avatar, but he decided to go and get some of the better spoils before the others got there. But when he turned to run, he ran into another girl making a break for it (@Demonic Angel). He fell to the ground but quickly recovered. She looked like she had been crying, and he held his hand out to help her up. "Sorry about that. Hey, want to try and make it to the next town together?" he offered.

-----

Alex was just about out. He saw another person running away (@kira blackthorn) and decided to follow. Maybe she would be taken to someplace secluded, but safe, where she could calm her nerves.

Esâna fell down and then wiped her face the redness in her eyes and virtual tears gone. She then took the persons hand. When she got back on her feet she looked at them and smiled.

"It's okay I should have been watching where I was going, and why not" she said accepting the offer glad he wasn't like the 'every man to them self' type of person.

"I'm Esâna by the way" she said to the person.

(@Shog )

Leo started to try and navigate his way out with his new companion, Esânsa. "I'm Leo. I figured making my way to the next town would be safer with some company. And if you ever want to ditch me, I'm fine with that. I tend to make team makes mad, so I'm usually more of a solo player." He exited the crowd of people and started up a light jog towards the edge of the city. "I'm an enchanter, by the way. What about you?"

Ban had no idea where he was going but knew it would be far away from here. A safe place to clear his mind. He knew just the place. Smiling he let his feet carry him deep into the nearby town. He has never been so glad that he loved to explore.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="kira blackthorn]Ban had no idea where he was going but knew it would be far away from here. A safe place to clear his mind. He knew just the place. Smiling he let his feet carry him deep into the forest. He has never been so glad that he loved to explore.

[/QUOTE]
(level one is fields. Not much forest to be had. Now everyone knows why I said the limitations of the world would be fuzzy at first. lol.)

" I'm a knight, nice to meet you Leo." She smiled feeling slightly like a competition and jogged a littler ahead of him.

"No worries then, I'm usually finishing quests as fast as I can so I don't join a team most the time either" she laughed at herself silently remembering how many times when she joined a party they would immediately kick her out.

(@Shog )

He noticed her run ahead of him and he smiled. "You want to go there? Ok, your funeral." He pulled out his sword at they approached the edge of the town (everyone has a basic sword now), and picked up his pace and ran ahead. Almost instantly creatures started attacking him once outside. They were all easy, thought, and died quickly.

(@Demonic Angel)

Esâna laughed then quickly caught up to him

"Found yourself some enemies? Didn't ya?" One came behind her and she sliced it in half with the sword. Then she looked at her exp and frowned at how little exp they gave you, thinking if she came back here later levels for practice it wouldn't help her. She pushed the screen away and walked back onto the trail. Looking ahead she thought of her realistic this was, that made her happier to actually be here. To her being stuck here would probably be a miracle, she just felt bad for those who didn't want to stay.

(@Shog , I'll reply in morning, tired)

Ban raced through the town sticking to the shadows so the monsters won't notice him. He ducked through ally ways and across rooftops until he made it to his destination. When he first logged in he had explored avidly and found many interesting things. One was a small abadond stone cottage overgrown with ivy and wild flowers. He had immediatly claimed it as his own. Approaching the cottage he was about to enter but paused glancing back a small smile on his face. He couldnt forget his little follower now could he."You may come in if you wish."

Vick noticed the crowd near him start to disperse slightly as people broke off to go buy supplies and other things, and he took this chance to walk towards the edge of town. He noticed a pair of people wandering out into the fields and another guy heading with determination in another direction, and decided to take his chances with the pair. "Ay! You two, up there! Wait up for me, if you don't mind. I don't know where anything is in this game and I've got things I need to get done if I get out of this mess alive." Vick yelled, picking up his pace to a jog and trying to close the distance between himself and the group ahead of him. It felt a bit weird for Vick to be able to move faster than a walk without wheezing a bit and just made everything feel a tiny bit more surreal, on top of just being strange to be in a game at all. "I've also got no real idea how any of this works and frankly this is all a bit much for me to handle alone! So I'll probably just follow y'all even if you tell me to buzz off! My name is Vick!" He continued yelling, making his way towards the edge of the town.

Vick sighed, putting one hand on what was apparently a sword and yelping in surprise. "When did I get a sword? Did I steal this? Is that was a rogue does? I steal things now? This is bad." Vick muttered, lifting the sword and examining it carefully. Absentmindedly, he stepped outside of town and was immediately set upon by a handful of creatures which again caused him yelp and begin swinging the sword in front of him with wild abandon. "Also I'm not gonna lie, I don't think this was a good purchasing choice on my end if this sort of thing happens a lot. I should have just bought my sister like a bunch of DVDs like she asked for originally." Vick yelled again, accidentally killing two of the creatures and causing the others to back up and hiss at him. He jabbed the sword at another one of them and somehow it crumpled up and died in front of him. "Are they supposed to do this? I don't think they're supposed to do this. I think I broke something if they're doing this. This doesn't make sense."

"Well, maybe we could actually stand each other" Leo said half jokingly. "But seriously, if our lives are really on the line here, at lest one person is a good idea." He looked back at the crazy rogue. "That is what they are supposed to do!" he called back, not letting up his pace. "Have you never played a video game before?" By now he wasn't sure the rogue could here him, but its not like he couldn't just step back into the safe zone.

-----

Alex let out a small whimper, but came out of the shadows. "Thank you" she said and followed the guy inside.

The remaining creature jumped towards Vick, but only managed to impale itself on his sword and disappear. "Not for a few years, no! Been too busy helping a friend of mine with a company he started. Is Condo of Infinite Gore still a thing? You know, with the plastic gun that you point at the screen and all that?" Vick yelled back, sprinting ahead to try and regain some ground from the people he decided to follow. He managed to cover enough ground that he wouldn't have to yell anymore, which at least made it a bit easier for him to carry on a conversation. "Did I just like gloss over the part where it said there was a chance I'd just die when I bought this, or was this really a huge surprise like that guy said?" Vick continued, lowering his voice to a more conversational volume than before. The two people ahead of him kept a blistering pace, but he didn't feel very tired at all from all this running and fighting he was apparently supposed to be doing now. " 'Cause if I had known I was gonna be doing this for however long it takes to get through this game, I probably wouldn't have bought it. Anyway, I don't think I caught y'all's names, if you even tried to introduce yourselves to me. I'm Vick, like I said."

"Condo of Infinite Gore?" Leo said with a small chuckle. "You really are out of the loop. I'm Leo, by the way. And no. No one knew this game was a death trap. I personally don't mind it too much, but what is going to happen to our real bodies? Eating in here is only going to keep our character alive." Leo felt the group slowing down as the game began to enforce the rules of level 1 fatigue. "Do you need like a tutor or something? You can always head back to the tutorial section if you want."

(I'm off to bed. Night.)

"I'm Esâna, nice to meet you Vick" Esâna smiled trying to cheer everyone up.

She walked along with the rest but not really wanting to be in front she moved her self to the back, hoping no one saw her move even though it was obvious.

Asura stood in the plaza thinking and concluding. He had finished the first mission and was hunting and training before the announcement. Now after he stood thinking. Finally he said "No point in pointless questions. Just gotta go and deal with this new world. Hmph some stakes adds to the sense of adventure this place holds. Guess the lines between virtual reality and reality have blurred some more." He scanned around and went straight to the merchants. He bought an eyepatch and then looked to see some people leaving. "They certainly speak my language, taking action." Asura commented. He followed them from a distance watching them for a few minutes. He easily killed any monsters that attacked him, they were easy prey trying to play bad hunter. Asura finally yelled out to the group "Hey! Wait a moment, you guys seem to know where your going. Right aligning oneself with the weak is a sure path to defeat. Defeat means death now. You guys seem strong so before I walk further, what are your names and where are you heading off to? Of course we can see through the display bar but actual greetings are still a preference of mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leo turned around and saw a guy with an eye patch following them. "I'm Leo!" He called over he waited until he caught up with them to speak again. 'Were heading towards the next city in hopes of better spoils. Well, the big guy is actually just clueless and tagging along because he can." He started to pick up the pace again (seeing as his stamina bar had gained some mass again). The next city was just on the horizon now.

"No problem." Ban kneeled and began starting a fire in the clay fire place. The cabin had only two rooms. The biggest one acted as a living room/bedroom/kitchen and the smallest one was a small bedroom. It was a small place but it was homie.

The room they stood in had a small window over a small bed made from hay and covered in a blanket made of sheep wool in the corner. Clay pots and a few pans sat beside the fireplace which also acted as a stove. Finally a small table sat tucked away in the corner opposite of the bed next to a curtain shielding the bathroom from the rest of the cottage.

"Sit." He nodded toward the bed as he brought out a small pack of Jerky."I'll make us some dinner so we can build our energy back up.My name is Ban by the way."

Asura caught up to them not really increasing his pace much. He could see a girl, a large man, and a normal sized man. "Nice to meet you Leo. I'm Asura Enchanter and Light magic user. So you say next town has better rewards, well in that case i'll go along with you for now. You don't seem like the majority of the people in the plaza who were standing still so to speak." He increased his pace as Leo did. "Someone's excited." he commented with a smiled.

"More people....." Esâna whispered wondering if she should split the group. She hates crowds so three or four is fine any more she is going to cry (rhymed) she choose to stick around a little longer sense she didn't know the maps or anything if Esâna didn't work in a group she would most defiantly get lost.

"I'm Esâna, the knight"

"This is either going to work out nice, or we will hate each other" Leo said. "I'm also an enchanter, but I'm targeting dark magic." The town was close now, and some of the monsters were thicker. A higher level boar jumped at him, but he merely took his sword out from its sheath on his back, ducked a bit, and sliced it in half using its own momentum against it. Once in town he headed to a weapon shop, which was surprisingly still open, and bought a better sword. It wasn't much, but it was something. "I'm going to get a room for the night, and I advise you guys do the same. Our avatars do still need rest." He really just want it to be morning again. To make it more realistic, the NPC's went to bed like normal people and closed their shops and quest giving abilities. They restarted again in the morning. Once it was morning, he would take his first enchanting lesson.

-----

Alex sat down on the bed and patiently waited. She hadn't noticed how hungry she really was. "I'm Alex" she said with a more confident tone this time. "If you want a rabbit, you can have one. I went hunting earlier and I certainly have more than I need." She accessed her inventory and pulled one out already skinned with internal organs missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back