Video Games Top 5 favorite video games?

+ Tales from the Borderlands

+ Mario Kart 8

+ Broforce

+ Majora's Mask

+ Angry Birds ((*^*))

I'm a bit of a Nintendo nerd... in no particular order:

- Splatoon (been OBSESSED with it since I got it and have barely played anything else in the last three months)

- Rune Factory 4

- LoZ: Skyward Sword

- Paper Mario: TTYD

- Pokemon XY

(Honourable mentions: the sims and guitar hero series)

Although my likes change all the time, currently my list is...

5. Fallout 4

4. Undertale

3. The Division

2. Counter Strike: Global Offensive

1. Dota 2

(Yes, in that order)

In no order: SMT 3 Nocturne, Fallout New Vegas (I'm a sucker for "westerns" and this had all the western feels), Jak & Daxter, Silent Hill 2, & Splatoon

I was gonna hype cookie each of the "The Elder Scrolls"fans but heck, thery're a plenty

Look, Skyrim is my baby, i mod until it dies,constantly, it's the thing i crave; it's the only one i've replayed hundreds of times, before that Diablo and Diablo 2 when i was little and also AoE, Fallout series get in there too.

And last but not least Pillars of Eternity a la Baldur's Gate

Not in any order as I love them all equally but I would have to say...

Grim Dawn

Warframe

Borderlands series in general

Mass Effect series in general

The Walking Dead <<<<333

GL1TCH said:
Not in any order as I love them all equally but I would have to say...
Grim Dawn

Warframe

Borderlands series in general

Mass Effect series in general

The Walking Dead <<<<333
I cannot believe Mass Effect slipped my mind. Renegade all the time.

KotOR's storyline was absolutely great.

I really enjoyed Life is Strange. My one complaint would be that I wished they had more endings than that presented.

Pokemon Crystal I'm very fond of. I also liked that storyline a lot.

I liked World of Warcraft pre WoD.

Uhmmm. I never played the first DA but I liked the second quite a bit.

In no particular order because I love them all equally....

1.) The Legend of Dragoon

First game I EVER played and owned, and way better than Final Fantasy in my opinion. Great story, great characters, great soundtrack... ugh, the nostalgia.

2.) Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

My current avatar has absolutely nothing to do with this game.

3.) Dragon Age: Origins

I recommend this game to everyone who has not played it. GO PLAY IT. SRSLY. The depth of characters in this...just...ASDFEGHJKMGF.

4.) Corpse Party: Blood Covered Repeated Fear

Because who knew 8-bit horror could be so f*cking terrifying? Note that this is coming from someone who hates horror games with a passion. The story and characters are freaking AMAZING.

5.) Folklore

Beautiful artwork, beautiful environments, beautiful soundtrack. Just....beautiful. Charming Celtic mythology brought to life with amazing monster design and storytelling. The gameplay's pretty rad, too.

There's like, 20 more I want to put here but it only said the top 5 soooo....

1. (This being the highest) Megaman ZX Advent

2. Megaman ZX

3. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

4. Megaman Zero 3/Megaman Zero 2 (they're equal in greatness to me)

5. Animal Crossing: New Leaf

ZXAAshe3.png

Damn, that's a lot of Megaman-

1. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

2.Silent Hill

3.Devil may cry

4.Resident Evil

5.Wild Arms 4

Honorable Mentions;

-Onimusha

-Castlevania

-Chrono Trigger

-Final Fantasy X/X-2

The Last of Us

God, this game made me cry so hard. It's so beautiful. Highly recommended if ya' wanna bawl your eyes out over a masterpiece of a storyline.

Skyrim

(My username is Dovahkiin, how could I not involve this?) Honestly, Skyrim was the game that really got me into loving gaming. There's so much to do in that game, and the landscapes can be really, really pretty. Plus, dragons.

Mass Effect

I can't tell you how many hours I've poured into this series -- and, honestly, that's probably for the best, haha. It has some kickass battle scenes, alien babes, and a lot of parts that made me cry. (Maybe I'm just a crybaby? -shrug)

Dragon Age

Dragon Age is damn near close to being my cocaine. I played the games backwards, actually, haha, but I love how they all correlate. The music is insanely gorgeous (-cough cough- Inquisition -cough cough-), and the characters feel real (even though some may have horns and/or pointed ears). Really, really an amazing series. Plus, dragons.

Again

The Walking Dead

Clem, Clem, & Clem.

I made sure to like every mention of Fire Emblem, heh.

1) you guessed it -- Fire Emblem. The game that stole my childhood, the game by which I compare all others. The replay value, the story, and ohh the characters and their development. Called Blazing Sword in Japan, this game may seem simple, but it has a depth in gameplay and storyline that make it well worth playing, and playing again.

2) Golden Sun, for similar reasons. It was my first JRPG, and had a pretty good story with simple goals and a variety of cultures, but what's really great about this one is the fact that your abilities affect the environment, opening up new pathways and puzzles to explore more of the world and get sweet lil djinns. It just makes the fact that you can magically affect things all the more real. Well, that and the puzzles are probably the best ones in any rpg I've ever played.

3) Dragon's Dogma. Oh, how I wish I had the time to play more of it! While certainly unfinished in many respects, what the game gives you in terms of ambition and presentation build a world that tells a story, but one that you experience rather than hear. It's not told in movies, nor in boxes of text, nay, this game uses the medium as well it should. Gameplay is the storytelling device, and I love it for this.

4) Tabletop Simulator, because of all the time I put into it, the vast number of $50 board games that I can test out for free (and not waste good money) and the fact that you can flip a table in rage. The game has it all! It's great, and I've had great times on it.

5) Guns of Icarus Online, for the good times, for the teamwork, and for the ships. Man, if you ever wanted to feel what it was like to fight on an airship, this game nails it. Truly inspiring.

Now, if this were 5 years ago, Mass Effect would be top of my list, and now I can't even put it at the bottom of my top five. It's a great game, don't get me wrong. And one of the few within the last few years that demanded I replay it five times. But the rest of the series, and the illusion of choice grows more and more apparent the more you play, and the more invested you are. The third game took away much of the impact of the first game's plot points and intriguing ideas, so I couldn't even add it up there, despite my huge devotion to what the franchise once was. Ahh... Alas, poor Bioware. I knew them well.

Final Fantasy XII, Skyrim, Bloodborne, Pokemon Silver, and Borderlands 2 off the top of my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Dragon Quest 5 (I have played this through at least 5 times, and still have no idea why I like it so much... its probably Debora)

2. Fire Emblem (The whole series, though Binding Blade and Conquest are my favs)

3. Jeanne D'arc

4. Dragon Age Origins

5. Shadow of the Colossus / Demon Souls (I can't decide between the two)

Now were I to include visual novels the list would look a little different...

1. Chaos;Child

2. Robotics;Notes Elite

3. Steins;Gate

4. Chaos;Head Noah

5. Dragon Quest 5

When I eventually get the money to import S;G 0 I have no doubt it will probably find its way onto this list. Yes I'm a hopeless fanboy, sue me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a big gamer for over fifteen years, I've had quite a few games passed through me in my time. But here are five that I would consider the best.

1. Dragon Age Origins

2. Zoo Tycoon

3. Dark Souls 1 (need to beat 3 in order to consider that my favorite of the series)

4. God of War (Original trilogy)

5. Evil Within

Honorable mention: Smite, definitely number six

5.dead space, particularly 2

4. Fallout 3

3. Minecraft

2. Batman Arkham Asylum

1. My whole heart belongs to Spyro the dragon, specifically Ripto's Rage.

I can't put them in any particular order but...

Mass Effect (2, 3 then 1)

Tales of Xillia

Fire Emblem (Fates has my heart rn)

Shin Megami Tensei 4

RUNE FACTORY (I love all of them, but 4 is best)

1) Star Wars: Battlefront II

2) Fire Emblem[sword of Flames, Radiant Dawn(still need to play Path of Radiance), Conquest, Sacred Stones]

3) SMT (sub)series[Nocturne, IV, Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker, Persona 4]

4) The Last of Us

5) Final Fantasy[Tactics, 10]

(Honorable mention to Fallout 1-4 and Skyrim)

SMT IV Apocalypse and Persona 5 is coming out, I can't wait. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back