Video Games Top 5 favorite video games?

Killer Queen

Guaranteed to blow your mind (any time).
For me:

1. MGS3: Snake Eater

2. Baldur's Gate 2

3. Beyond Good and Evil

4. The Longest Journey

5. Diablo 2

Hearthstone, Dragon Age: Origins, HoMM 5, Spellforce 2, Company of Heroes.

Can't really give them an order, they are too different I feel. Got a few more lined up, like Mass Effect 2, XCom, the other Dragon Age games and a few classics like Stronghold Crusader and Age of Empires, but I think those 5 are probably on top.

I was trying to think of a top five but I can't... Recently I have stopped playing video games al together, save for when I'm playing with friends

For sure my #1 favorite game is The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, but beyond that there's no way I can pick between the games I have xD

I would have to say Smite, League, Elder Scrolls Online, COD, and Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Skyrim

2. KOTOR (knights of the old republic)

3. Halo

4. Call of duty Blackops

5. Mortal kombat

1) Mass Effect 2

2) Mass Effect 3

3) Mass Effect 1

4) Halo 3

5) Skyrim

You can tell I'm a huge fan of the Mass Effect series (^U^)

iChaotic said:
1) Mass Effect 2
2) Mass Effect 3

3) Mass Effect 1

4) Halo 3

5) Skyrim

You can tell I'm a huge fan of the Mass Effect series (^U^)
I love mass effect too but how can ME3 be above ME1

[QUOTE="Killer Queen]I love mass effect too but how can ME3 be above ME1

[/QUOTE]
Knew someone would ask that. I enjoy the story more, gameplay and of course the characters.

It's difficult for me to really narrow it down to single games as I tend to stick with a series once I get into them. A lot of the titles are always neck-in-neck. Whichever comes out on top just depends on my mood that day.

1) Super Smash Brothers Series (Melee and 4 in particular)

Could go on for hours about my reasons for this one, but I'll just keep it brief and say that it's had a profound effect on my life and introduced me to some great friends. Still play the new one every day and am constantly fishing for matches pretty much anywhere. I'm a little bummed that the DLC just ended but we got a ton of good additions with this roster.

2) Street Fighter Series

My introduction to fighting games. Used to go to the arcade at the mall near my old home and pour a ton of money into whatever game Capcom was pushing at the time. Marvel vs Capcom in particular was a fun one in that I remember wiping the floor with people who were literally twice my age or more. It didn't really register at the time but I probably bruised their egos a bit, this tiny little curly haired kid having to stand on a milk crate just to see the screen pulling off all these combos on 'em. Aaaaanyway, Street Fighter II on SNES was my entry point. Since then I've stuck with the series and though a lot of things have changed, competing is still fun. Can't wait for SF5, little under two weeks left.

3) Earthbound

I was lucky enough to get an SNES cart when the game originally released in North America. It's much easier to play now due to the Virtual Console service and general emulation. I'd recommend everyone give it a shot at one point or another. Even if you aren't too into turn based RPGs it's less about the gameplay and more about...well, the world. It's absolutely bizarre, quirky, and just plain fun. You get the feeling that you really are a kid lost in some grand adventure your first time through.

4) Mass Effect 2

Wanna say I ended up putting in somewhere between two to three hundred hours in this game across two different platforms. It's just a great game all around. There were some complaints about how Bioware had set aside a lot of the RPG elements present in the first game but I feel the gameplay was much more fluid and enjoyable for it. They expanded on the universe in a lot of neat ways, gave you a much larger group of space buddies to go into combat with, and in general the writing was of a much higher quality which is quite a statement to make as ME1's was already pretty solid. The Shepard Paragon store endorsement is still one of my favorite gags in a game.

5) Hatoful Boyfriend

The bird dating simulator. I bought this one during a Steam sale for two or three dollars. I got it expecting to enjoy it ironically.

You know what I love more than anything when it comes to media? Being surprised. I feel it's one of the most important things to keep in mind in fiction, and everyone tends to go about it in a different way. It's difficult to explain why I enjoyed this title so much without just outright ruining it. All I'll say is that if you have a bit of money to burn, give it a shot. You're in for a fun ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
iChaotic said:
Knew someone would ask that. I enjoy the story more, gameplay and of course the characters.
Well, we all have preferences

for me I have to rank them three different ways: Story, Characters, Gameplay

Story: ME1 > 2 > 3

Characters: 2 > 1 > 3

Gameplay: 3 = 2 > 1

Tali is bae. too bad I cant lesbians her as femshep so I settled for Liara

[QUOTE="Killer Queen]Well, we all have preferences
for me I have to rank them three different ways: Story, Characters, Gameplay

Story: ME1 > 2 > 3

Characters: 2 > 1 > 3

Gameplay: 3 = 2 > 1

Tali is bae. too bad I cant lesbians her as femshep so I settled for Liara

[/QUOTE]
I honestly don't see what's so special about Tali, Liara is bae for me. I do romance Miranda when I play maleshep in ME2.

Ah, always a fun question to see answers to. Sad no one's listed any of my top 5.

1. Morrowind

2. Victoria II

3. Mount and Blade Warband

4. Skyrim

5. ARMA II

[QUOTE="The Nerevarine]Ah, always a fun question to see answers to. Sad no one's listed any of my top 5.
1. Morrowind

2. Victoria II

3. Mount and Blade Warband

4. Skyrim

5. ARMA II

[/QUOTE]
ayyyy M&B is where its at

In no particular order:

1. Halo 3

2. KotoR/II

3. Kingdom Hearts/II

4. Fallout 3 (barely beat out Morrowind)

5. Medieval II: Total War/Kingdoms

Honorary Mentions: Half Life series, Transistor, Gears of War Series, God of War Series, Halo 2, Killzone 2/3, Devil May Cry 3, Pokemon Red, Dragon Age: Origins, Company of Heroes, MGS 3: Snake Eater, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros 64, FFX-XII HD Remastered.

1. Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 (in a realism unit yo)

2. Medieval 2 Total War Kingdoms (Crusades or Teutonic)

3. Fallout 4

4. Skyrim

5. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

In regards to the last choice, yes, I am indeed an adult. Do I have any shame? No, none whatsoever.

[QUOTE="The Nerevarine]<3 Napoleonic Wars is lyfe

[/QUOTE]
NW wont work on my PC anymore so fak dat (randomly stopped working, I have a good PC too)

Native 4 lyfe

Ritter99 said:
1. Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 (in a realism unit yo)
2. Medieval 2 Total War Kingdoms (Crusades or Teutonic)

3. Fallout 4

4. Skyrim

5. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

In regards to the last choice, yes, I am indeed an adult. Do I have any shame? No, none whatsoever.
Why would there be any shame? Lego games are awesome. Im gonna preorder Lego TFA when i can

This is really hard for me to even list, much less rank. I suppose I could list games based on how much impact they've had on me!

Most influential games, in no particular order: Chrono Trigger, Pokemon Red/Blue, Morrowind, tie between Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy Tactics, tie between Team Fortress 2 and the original Bioshock. Honorable mention: Minecraft

I wouldn't count most of those among my favorites any more (Chrono Trigger and Morrowind can probably stay, though) but they all had a pretty big part in my life at one point or another, for better or worse.

My current faves are a lot harder to list. Undertale's definitely on there. I think given enough time it'll probably settle in as one of my most influential, too, but it's too fresh for me to be really totally sure of that. It's easy for me to list things I really like but harder for me to quantify the line between 'yeah cool game' and 'goty all years' unless it like, absolutely blows my socks off and becomes an obsession.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back