• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy To Walk Among Men

Allcure

The One and Only
Been out for a while but don't worry I'm back with a new, fresh idea.

Of all the religions across the expanse of history, not one has managed to gauge the Gods accurately. For one there are many of them, and these gods aren't all seeing, all loving or even immortal. They possess a divine spirit which is reincarnated throughout each lifetime, passed down a bloodline into the newest member of a family. They all posses basic superhuman abilities, increased speed, strength and endurance, as well as individual abilities tailored more towards each god. Whatever they use these abilities for however is up to them, be it good or evil.

Though it seems that forces exist above the gods themselves. For one there is Bora, the God of creation who birthed the world, humans, animals and the gods themselves. He holds the most power among gods. Another is Death, for when a god dies he loses all memory of his previous life and must learn his powers and knowledge anew. Finally Love also holds sway among the divine, as the Gods are unconsciously drawn to human soul mates and once they are bound, their human counterpart gains the gods abilities also, slowly over time.

For this role-play I would like to follow a set plot with a minimum of 6 set characters from which you may chose. If more than six people are interested they may create an OC though they can't be a god. More gods will emerge throughout the role-play and an opportunity to play these gods will arise as the role-play continues.

The Story begins with a 15/16 year old Character A getting in trouble related to the emergence of his/her divine powers. His/her human mother, recognising his/her divinity sends him to live with his/her uncle (Character B) and two older cousins (Characters C and D) all three of which are Gods. It is here in a new town that he/she must learn to control his/her abilities as well as fight their way through the daily struggles of teenage life. Characters E and F are humans who become romantically involved with Characters A,B,C or D, hence gaining their powers and are sucked into this land of the gods. Throughout all of this a rouge god has decided the road of good no longer satisfies his lust for power, people go missing, strange things occur and the very lives of the divine are in danger. Hopefully no humans are caught in the crossfire.

I have tried to leave as much creative freedom to the role-players as possible though I must lay down some basic guidelines to follow:

Character A: Being the youngest and most inexperienced, Character A must follow a nervous/new kid on the block stereotype. His/her powers will be limited and even when he uses them they may not have the outcome they desired. Despite this Character A is Character A for a reason, they are effectively the main character and most of the action will revolve around them.

Character B: Character B needs to take on a mentor/ fatherly role which is why I think it would be best if he were an elder male relative, either an uncle or a grandfather. He will need to know a lot about the secret world of gods and act to guide and inform the younger three gods. He is calm steady and the voice of reason. Not only this but he will have the most power, capable of feats the younger three could only dream of. I am strongly considering taking this character for myself in order to best control the Role-play.

Character C and D: These two will be in their late teens. They could also be twins if two role-players would like to do so. They know each other incredibly well and respect Character B as their mentor and elder. They act to guide and aide Character A also and take part in his adventures and schemes. They exhibit more power than Character A though they still struggle with their abilities from time to time.

Characters E and F: These characters have the most creative freedom, as they can literally be anybody.

If you are lucky enough to secure a place as a god you are free to chose what your speciality is though they must be relatively precise as hundreds of gods exist. For example I won't allow a god of nature, but a god of animals, or of plants is allowed. Each god is only allowed one responsibility and is limited to abilities connected to such abilities. Some gods which aren't allowed include the God of:

-Creation

-Death

-Chaos

-Life

Anyone interested?

I'd be interested for sure! Probably to play character c or d.

Any example for types of gods/abilities you'd like to see?

@jmcknight08 I want to restrict creativity as little as possible so I'm not putting any restrictions on powers other than they must be relevant to the god and not be insanely OP. If you want an example I plan on making a God of the Sun whose powers involve heat beams and accelerated healing whilst in direct sunlight. Of course depending on which character i decide on the proficiency in these abilities may vary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back