• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Wolfy_Mandalorian

Fanboy, Lurker, Dog and Cat Dad
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Onyx Starsong, formerly of a pack in an area along a place they had called Stars edge, was walking along a street towards a small grocery store. He liked this section of the city that he was in, it was far less crowded than the main parts and he was left alone for the most part. There were a few times his nose told him a few of the humans were interested before his eyes found them, but he always found a way to avoid interaction. Pulling the zippered sweater closer, he pulled that zipper a little higher to ward off the slight chill in the bright morning air as he fought off a yawn. He had been in this city only a few days, staying in a motel with what was left of the funds he’d managed to procure in the last city he had been in. Onyx was starting to feel like it was time to move on, time to gather what supplies he could and head off to find a new place to get comfortable. There were wolves of the area were starting to get closer to where he was staying, he had caught their scents the day before. A lone wolf was never welcome in a pack’s territory. And that’s what he was.

With a basket full of mostly non-perishable items, Onyx approached the till, one of the very few customers this early in the morning, the teller doesn’t make conversation with him as he’s being checked out. He merely hands over the cash silently before taking his change and the bag before heading back out to head for where he’d been staying. He’s only half a block away from grocery store, lost in his own thoughts when he walks full force into a smaller body than his own. They bounce off of him and his free hand shoots out to catch them before they hit the concrete. As he looks down as a familiar feeling comes over him, one often felt in the presence of another wolf.

“Sorry.” He says, making sure they have their balance before letting go of her and starting to walk away. His plan to leave now stepped up. He doesn’t want to risk walking into another wolf again. He doesn’t want to fight. He’s sure he knows how that will end because he’s been down the road before and doesn’t want anymore scars.

Onyx is hyper aware as he walks towards the hotel, forcing himself not to look behind him as he’s aware that someone or something is behind him. That familiar feeling spreading through him like before, a feeling that he knows that he misses, but refuses to acknowledge. He doesn’t need anyone with him. He fights back another yawn as he very quickly disappears into his motel room. He plans to pack his supplies quickly, to slip out the bathroom window and leave the key to the room on the table by the curtain covered window so that he doesn’t have to officially check out. He’ll go until it’s safe to be wolf, get to the next place and live again as a human for a time, until yet again, he has to leave. Maybe it will be longer than a month this time.

Onyx manages to slip away from the motel, a simple backpack on his shoulders as he walks away. He’s determined to get out of the city before the nearby pack catches him. He barely contains a yawn as he walks, trudging back in the direction of the small personal owned grocery store, he doesn’t expect to run into that same person as he’s slipping out of town. That smaller body bounces off of him once again and his hands shoot out to catch her once again, holding her steady and from hitting the concrete. “Are you okay?” he asks this time as he’s overwhelmed with that feeling again, that one from before that tells him of another wolfs being nearby. It takes longer than he cares to admit for him to realize that the one he's kept from hitting the ground is the one that sense is telling him about, but something about her strikes him as odd. He subtly sniffs the air around her, before changing his mind and instead moving to get around her. “Excuse me.” He adds, wanting to leave before she calls the pack. If she’s part of that pack.

BurntCook BurntCook

Last edited:
Well, it can't get any worse than this, Kimber confirms, her bookbag that's filled to the brim is heavy upon her shoulders. The muscles are tense there, along with one hand that grips last night's leftovers and in the other a guitar case. The morning sky lights up in shades or orange and burgundy, a blush pink along the horizon, it seems to go on forever. The endless sky greets the day with such brightness and featherless grace....so why does she feel so heavy?

She can't let herself feel defeated already, the day has just started and the worst part of it is behind her. With that, her struggle to get a paper bag between her arm and side triumphs after some minutes and she's able to get her phone. Her hooded eyes burn at the blue-tinted screen but pushes through to look at bus tickets. Looking at all these cities, familiar at first but the farther she puts her distance filter the unknown creeps up on her. A sigh turns into vapor from the chilly air and luckily, her bomber jackets keep her from worry over that problem at least.

Her thumb hovers over the purchase button before her face goes full force into someone's chest. What's better to get your energy up and going with none other than an interaction with such awkward dude. He was able to catch her before her body hit the ground, but he left with the stiff apology before she could say anything. No thank you, no rude remark- gone as soon as she can turn around to look at him. Her small nose stays crinkled, never smelling such a strong scent of coconut on someone before. He must really love that body wash because the only time she's ever smelt such a strong smell on someone was......Kimber turns on her dingy high tops and continues on her way.

Not even half an hour has passed, and Kimber stops on the sidewalk, still hesitant to purchase a ticket to someone she's never been before. Slipping her phone in her pocket, she reaches up to scratch her head and realizes there's no paper bag with her anymore. Shoot, must have dropped it when I ran into Coconut Man. Looking behind her and forward, she contemplates if it's even worth it to go back at get her only free meal for today. "Looking for this?" an older female voice asks from behind.

Looking back again, this woman appeared the second her eyes weren't there, which is pretty weird. One sniff of the wind and it's another person with a strong smell, except this one is.... something she can't put her finger on but it's dull and earthy. "Yeah-yeah that's mine, thanks-" Kimber was walking up to her but as she reached to grab the bag, the lady grabs her wrist. Her whole arm tenses up from the strong grip she has, almost being able to feel her pulse.

"You must not know the rules little cub," the woman starts with a lower tone, opposite from the welcoming one of before, "when your family kicks you out, you really shouldn't stay in someone else's turf." From the moment she said cub, Kimber's brows furrowed in utter confusion, what the hell is this lady on about?! What's even more confusing is that she said something that no one else could have known unless she was stalking her.

So, with that conclusion, her backup plan was simple, stalkers don't get mercy. Thanks to coconut man, Kimber had to quick start energy for the day to lift her guitar case and hit the woman in the knee. She doesn't pay attention to the woman's grunts of pain, hugs her guitar case close, and starts joggings away.

Guess it got worse, Kimber confirms, her lungs starting to ache for a break after jogging for a long time. She doesn't know where that woman is and if she's behind her, but her scent can't leave her nostrils. It's like she's still close, that is how she feels at least. Deciding it's best to see if her gut is correct, she looks behind her as she takes a turn on the sidewalk. The woman isn't there, but someone else is walking in the same direction as her. Who that person was, Kimber couldn't tell, because she has hit smack-dab into another person- no, not another person. Unless there's two people in this town that are addicted to coconut.

This dark-haired man manages to catch her once again, but this time she's not in a half-asleep daze. Her breathing is messy, hands hold onto his arms for balance, and she jumps at the sound of her guitar case hitting the concrete. The bus station is further away and like hell she'll use the scenic, easy route she knows to get there. Not with that woman and a guy following her. Scrambling to think of an idea, her eyes flash wide open before following the Coconut Man.

"Hey hey," Kimber calls out breathless, "I need a favor." Her hand goes for his sleeve, but she manages to stop herself, which is odd, she never has the urge to have personal contact with a stranger. Guess it's his smell that makes him welcoming. She steps in front of him, pushing her hair back, "Can I hang with you for a minute or two? Some guy is following me, and I almost got mugged." it comes out sheepish, after all, it's not everyday that she asks for help.

Onyx feels and unwarranted sigh leave him at the sound of the girls voice, the one with little to no scent on her at all. He slows down and half turns toward her, looking her over slowly before his eye drift beyond her to what she left on the sidewalk behind her. He reached up to rub at his eyes before he's walking around her to scoop up the near forgotten guitar case and trudges back to where he left her standing to hold it out for her to take. He doesn't know what is about the blonde that makes him decide to help her, but he does.

"Keep up." he says, aware that the pair standing on the street corner are watching far too carefully for them to be anything but the pack of the area. "Where's a pup like you from?" he asks, assuming that she must be far younger than him and the warrior pair. The distressed scent fading, he glances at his side to make sure that the girl is still there, still following after him. It's that moment he decides to take her in, seeing the overloaded bag upon her back and the worn but comfortable clothing before he's clearing his throat and looking ahead. Steadily, his path becomes clear to the pair following them, he's taking them out of the city, away from the pack territory they had wandered into.

"Where are you going?" he decided to ask after they had been walking for half of an hour. His steps slow and faulter when he sees something up ahead that tells him he's about to wander into yet another packs territory and he growls low and softly in annoyance. There really was no avoiding some packs with how tight most were in together. He would know best and had done so more than once growing up hunting. Grumbling, he diverts his path to start towards the bus stop in annoyance. He doesn't think he has enough for a ticket, but will find his way on board if he has too, it wouldn't be the first time, but he hates the humans way of travel. The smells bother him more than anything else, the speed he could learn to live with otherwise.

Another cursory glance behind them tells Onyx that they're still being followed, it unconsciously makes him move closer to the girl as if to protect her. Whatever pack she's supposed to be from, it's clear that she's alone and he can at least make sure she stays safe before he's on his way. The girl clearly doesn't know how to fight, one look at her and what she carries tells him that.

Kimber looks up at this man and finally gets a better look at him instead of his backside. She may be above the average height for a woman, but it seems to not matter, having to make an effort on her neck to look up at him. Everything about him spells out stern and serious, from his dark hair to the cut-throat look in his eyes. It almost makes Kimber not want to make eye contact, but she fights the urge as she watches him get her guitar case. In the midst of needing security, she had already gotten used to weight of it off her arms. For a moment, that is, until she gladly takes it out of his hands with a nod in thanks.

His command to match his pace makes her grip onto her guitar case tighter and, adjusting her bookbag, walks fast to keep at his pace. Her heart still beats furiously but at least she doesn't feel as if her lungs are about to puke out of her throat. Combing her hair back with her fingers, his question would have been fine if he hadn't called her a pup. Is this a boomer thing I didn't hear about? Kimber decides to let it go and answers his question instead, "Here, just never go around this area... for obvious reasons." she mumbles the last part and even side eyes him as if it's her confirmation.

Matching his pace does require a bit of leg work, but it's not like she hasn't had to have done it before. She's had to walk fast all of her life due to her father but guess she's out of practice for not having to catch up to nobody lately. Gladly letting the silence back in, she yawns after he lets out a question, thankfully since Kimber was about to go back into a sleepy, mellow state. "Anywhere but here, far from here," Kimber starts with a grudge to her tone, "I was thinking Kansoll, miles away from here and near some National Parks, mountains, caves- everything I need." Kimber doesn't go much into why she's going there, he didn't ask. It's clear from the get-go that this is probably small talk and by the time they part ways it'll be just herself again.

"What about-" her lips close when she hears a growl come from his throat, not a grumble- a growl. The type of noise she makes whenever someone shuts down a backyard concert. The same one she'll unconsciously make when thinking about the past. The way his scent is so strong, and he called me a pup- It was like all the light bulbs went off in her head and as she recognizes that he's switched their path to get to the bus stop, she rubs a hand across her face with a sigh. "Of course, you're a werewolf." she almost whines, staying quiet and figuring out her options. Should she book it from this guy? Is he going to hurt her? No, he couldn't, there's a gut feeling that that's not his intentions. He had two chances to if that was the case. "I hope you're not asking being to be part of 'pack'- whatever the hell that even means." Kimber states nonchalantly, almost sounds like a joke the way she puts it.

Onyx listens to her as she speaks about going far from where they were, talks about going anywhere that has parks, mountains and caves. Excellent places for a wolf, but also places usually already taken, if not by a large or small pack, then by some other wolf and it was a fight to either get it away from them, or to keep it. He had learnt that in his first few months of being on his own, a thing that this young wolf was going to have to learn too it seemed. As they change direction, it seems that she finally figures out just who he is, or more precisely, what he is. He chuckles as he takes a glance at her, arching dark brow and smirking "Just figure that out did you?" he asks, teasing despite his large imposing figure compared to hers. It is however her next words that cause him to come up abruptly and turn towards her fully. He can't tell if she's truly joking or not as he stands and stares at her for a moment.

"Are you not- What pack raised you?" he asks, because it is extremely unusual, and extremely rare for a wolf to be born without a pack. Its rare, but not unheard of for wolves to be born with little to no scent. Subtle enough to know, but not enough to find a mate by scent. There were stories, warnings and rumors of wolves born from laying with a human. Tales told in ways to warn them away from interactions and more from them. A wolf who wasn't wolf enough. A poor hybrid who couldn't speak the ancient tongue. Perhaps, it was just his luck that he came across one such wolf, if that's indeed what she was. Left in the dark and alone, raised ignorant to a packs warnings of territory. Suddenly, the interaction with the warrior still tailing them, standing a block away watching, made more sense. Onyx reached up to rub his eyes again, images flashing behind his lids meant he didn't keep his eyes closed for long. "How old are you?" he dared venture to ask, curious to know how old she managed to get without finding herself in a fight already. The little blonde just looked so innocent.

Kimber sighs, letting her hand slap back down to her side, "It's not like there's a name tag saying what you are." The only thing she can really go off of is if they have a super strong scent and a weird gut feeling, but how the hell is she supposed to know that's what it takes to find a werewolf? Ever heard of a teenage boy using too much cologne in the high school bathroom? How about that 'gut feeling' just being because you got a crush on some jock or cheerleader? She was about to further explain but then his vibes change suddenly.

His question is met with blinking eyes that try to process what type of question he's even asking. Shit, am I that obvious? Am I not supposed to be? Taking a step away from him to hold onto distance for comfort, she shrugs off his question. "'What pack raised me', what am I supposed to say- Christianity?" Keeping up this joking side of her is what's showing him that questioning- even anxious- side of her. But there's nothing to worry about, not like she's needed a pack in the past. "I'm a lone wolf, go where I please, take what I can get- that type of lifestyle, you know?" she tries to explain as vaguely as possible, not meeting his eye contact whatsoever. It's like I can't even look at him.... This gut feeling feels stronger than usual, almost impossible to ignore.

"I'm twenty-one, you know, college age, finished high school, make my own choices- ring a bell?" she asks with a raised brow, trying to figure out what he's getting at. It seems that the longer they're together the more agitated he appears, wait, that can't be the case. If her presence is such a bother then he could just leave, there has to be something else. Kimber looks around them and accidentally makes eye contact with the same guy that had been tailing her after she hit that woman. She can't be far behind either... usually she's not this paranoid- is it paranoia? Paranoia is usually when you can't think straight or jumping to conclusions, but this isn't it. It just seems sort of....natural? Kimber decided to try to lean the conversation somewhere else, "I'm actually heading to the train station and it's close, I can walk there if you need me to."

Onyx grumbles in annoyance as she tries to keep joking, but his annoyance isn't at her joking, it's directed at a someone he may never meet. Her parents, her pack, the ones who were supposed to teach her and raise her. She's utterly clueless to the ways of the wolf and makes it more obvious to him the more she talks. His jaw clenches as she finally notices that they're being followed and he heaves a sigh "You might be twenty-one, but you're no more than a pup." he tells her, gently taking hold of her arm for a moment to turn her away from the ones still lingering behind and following. "Come on." he says, starting to walk again and making sure that she's right there with him as they continue towards the bus station. Train station? Whatever it was, she was going the same way and it was the fastest way out of the pack filled city.

"Those two, are doing their jobs their pack Alpha gave them, getting two rogues, lone wolves, out of their territory. They'll follow us until we're gone. And we nearly stepped into the territory of some other pack, you'll need to learn what the signs are to avoid a fight." Onyx decides to tell her, taking pity on the girl and her lack of knowledge. "I'm not much older than you, I'm twenty-nine, but my pack taught me like yours should have. If you ever had a pack." he tells her as they walk along. The station came into view, not far off as they continued to walk. He's not sure what else to ask of her, what else he can find out and teach her before they part ways. If they part ways. Its annoying, but the Alpha role he was meant for keeps trying to rear its head and claim her as his pack to keep her safe. And he keeps tramping it down. He prefers being a lone wolf with no one else to look after.

As they approach the station, he falls a few steps behind her and blocks most of her from the view of the pair that are following as they line up to purchase tickets away from this city. Even inside the building, he can smell that there are more of them. Several more and not just from the pack making sure that they leave. He grumbles under his breath, angry at himself for choosing the wrong place to stay for the last few days. He needed to get out of his own head and start focusing on what was around him again. His attention his pulled back to the younger blonde wolf, listening as she steps up to the window with a brown haired woman who smelled strongly of pine. His lip curls in warning when he eyes her eyes flash almost dangerously. Pack. Protect. Goes through him, and he knows he's last two years as a lone wolf are soon to be gone as he resolves to buy a ticket with the last of his funds for the same location.

"Hey-" before Kimber could attest to his hold on her arm she's being pulled to the opposite side, making the two disappear behind his figure. "Quite calling me a pup," finally speaking up about it, her arm pulling to her side the second he lets go, "I can handle myself just fine, how do you think I have money in the first place." The temptation to ask about his age hits her mind but there's not enough of a reason to question it. Forty or Thirties- it doesn't matter, he apparently sees her as a kid compared to him.

She listens to him explanation on why they're being followed in the first place. "I get it, but I was literally trying to get to the bus station. I haven't done anything wrong, not like these sidewalks are made for them." trying to get her mind wrapped around it. It sort of feels like a cliche protecting their favorite table at lunch time, but Kimber feels that this won't end with gossiping around town. If a random woman is going to make her wrists hurt just from crossing her path, who knows what this 'Alpha' would do. "You're twenty-nine?" a sort of shock tone is obvious as her brows furrow. "No offense my guy, but you're acting like you're double that."

When they get in the ticket building, her shoulders lower at the fact that they're at least with other humans now. If these werewolves are so desperate to get them to leave, then let's hope they won't jump them in public. Since it's so early in the morning, it's not as hopping as normal, but there's still a few people that want to beat the crowd. They really need to get a different air freshener; it smells like trees in here. Kimber's nose flickers from side to side before hiding it behind her hand and pays for her ticket. Thanking her, she takes the opportunity to step away from the guy and lets out a long sigh. "I just wanted my meatloaf back..." she mumbles, claiming a bench near the front door to sit. The guitar case is gently settled down in front of her and she uses it to prop her feet. Her eyes burn as she closes them.

Crumpled bills and lint among his change seems to annoy the wolf behind the counter and he can't help but smile, all too pleased with himself over her upset. He doesn't even offer a thanks as he takes the item and trails the blonde towards the benches. Tickets in hand, the pair seem ready to back off when her mumbled words easily reach his ears and he turns towards the woman who's had a bag in her hands the entire time. He closes his eyes and heaves a sigh before squaring his shoulders and standing to his full height of over six feet as he walked towards her. "Give me the bag." he demands as a way of greeting, holding out his hand for the item. "We're leaving, we'll be gone before the afternoon, but you need to that over." he tells the female wolf, clearly showing her that he's not scared and uncaring that they're surrounded by humans because he will take it from her by force if he has too.

When the bag is in his hands, he lets out soft sounds only understood as wolf, telling her a forced thanks and to run back home to her Alpha before he's walking backwards several steps to show he doesn't trust her the same way she doesn't trust him. Only when he's out of reach does he turn around and walk back over to the blonde. "Here." he says in his deep voice, dropping the bag into her lap before sitting down a foot away from her. "Must be some special meatloaf." he says, leaning back against the bench and stretching his long legs out before him. He tramps down the feeling of a yawn as he scans the room to figure out where the other wolves are to make sure that they stay safe.

Feeling like they're all far enough away with no intention of attacking them, he relaxes and turns his attention back to the girl sitting about a foot away from him. "Did you really grow up alone with no one to teach you how to be a wolf?" he dares venture to asks, looking her over as he scents the air around her once again. He still doesn't pick anything up from her, only the faint familiar smells one might get from a regular canine. The ones humans often kept as companions. "Were you even taught how to properly defend yourself?" he adds, tilting his head as he looks at her while they wait for the call to board the bus.

Letting the chatters of people, the television, and the intercom drown out everything, she feels like she could go to sleep right now, but she knows she can't. As the very idea of slipping into slumber creeps in her mind, her normal twitches and senses start making her overstimulated. The tv is hooked to the corner of the room and is on a low volume, but she's able to hear every word about this supposed burglar that's shopped a bakery last night. She hears how in one conversation; this guy can't believe his teacher gave him a C, while the other one across the room is talking to her mother on the phone. The only way to get this to stop is if she stops trying to take a quick nap and so she does.

Her eyes open at not only giving up rest but also to feel a light weight on her thighs. The paper bag, blinking in surprise, she sits up to grab it before it has a chance to fall on the ground. Investigating it, she opens it to find that it's still in the same condition as when she packed it, there's even a jalapeno that's still smushed against the clear lid. But none of this exactly spells out overwhelming gratitude that it's back. If anything, now that it's been addressed, she simply puts it on top of her guitar case. "Eh, not really, it's just free food, you know? Not like my dad could ever make it right anyway. Thanks though."

"Bus to Pleasant Drought is here, please collect your belongings and head outside to the yellow line." the automated male voice rings loud. If Kimber was still trying to sleep that would have startled her for sure, but it didn't, instead she rests her head against the chipped painted, concrete, using her arms as a pillow. It's when things get mundane does this guy start asking all the questions again. Is it a wolf thing to want to get to know every single wolf they see or am I just a pitiful case to be around?

"I'm not stupid you know," Kimber starts, looking at him with crossed arms and narrow eyes, "I'm pretty capable taking things head-on and I'm still alive." While it's bit intimidating to be asked such personal questions, like she's a lost child or something, maybe he'll leave it be once he knows a tiny bit about her. Besides, since when was she ever a closed book anyway? Letting her guard back down, she sits back into the bench, "My mom taught me the basics I guess, but it was the city version. Stuff like how to track scents back home, how to not get jumped on, how to blend my form into society-everything else nature-wise I had to learn on my own." Naming off a few, but the longer Kimber speaks of her mom the more indistinct she becomes. One hand starts fidgeting with a thick silver ring that's on her thumb. It's too big and it would slip off on her other fingers, has some engravings on it that are filled with debris, and has a forest green stone encased in its metal. It doesn't glisten in the sunlight anymore and almost looks fake.

A deep, heavy, bone weary sigh came out of Onyx when she told him so plainly that she really didn't know how to wolf, her mother hadn't given her more than the basics to survive and he was sure that wasn't exactly a topic that he wanted to get into. Learning about what this younger wolf knew was one thing, but delving into her past meant that he would need to delve into his own, and diving deep into those waters was not something he wanted to do any time soon. He still had enough issues sleeping, he didn't need more.

"You have the knowledge of a pup. You don't know how to properly track your prey if you go hunting, or defend yourself if you can't avoid getting 'jumped on' as you put it. Blending, is crucial, yes, but there is more to being a wolf than just making sure the humans don't know what you are." Onyx told her, his attention slipping away from her and how she twisted the ring upon her thumb to look across the station to a family with young children playing loudly. Their screams and laughter carried across the station and he got a far off look in his eyes as he watched the family for a moment too long. "You can still be taught, you know." he said, looking back to the blonde beside him. Though it was easy to see the sparkle had gone from his blue-grey eyes. "A wolf should know how to properly fight with tooth and claw. What will you do when you get to where you're going and need to eat? Scent is not the only to track an animal down." he added, his eyes moving briefly from her to the family still far across the station from them and back again. "There's also markings and warnings you need to know and understand in order to avoid constant fighting. Do you know how to claim your own territory?"

Kimber listens to him with half an ear, not that what he's saying isn't important, truly it is. In fact, it's something she's been dying to learn about. But with the way the stone flickers on her fingernail, there's a dull look in her eyes as she only nods to what he's saying. Snapping out of it, she blinks a few times to look up at him, "True, but I also know that I could teach you a thing or two, Coconut man." she states after some seconds of silence. But he doesn't say anything in return, and it causes Kimber to stop pestering with her fingers and actually look at the man.

His gaze isn't on her anymore, and when she thinks about it, near the end of his sentence, it didn't sound like he was all there either. Wondering what could make a serious dude so distracted, she follows his gaze and sees a family. His distraction towards the children is so thick that Kimber takes the chance to not only look at the man once more, but actually see him. Violet eyes dilate as she scans him only to have him interrupt her by continuing on with the subject. I don't think this guy really knows how long he was out just now. Letting him speak, she doesn't really respond back until processing what might be happening, or rather, what's happening on the inside.

"Dude," she starts, unfolding her arms and letting them grip onto the bench, "just because I have scars doesn't mean you got to fix them. It's a coping mechanism to try to heal someone else instead of healing yourself, I get it." Her honesty is difficult to coat in sugar but at least her voice stays as low and soft as if normally is. Looking away and back at the family, she doesn't know exactly what he's going through, but she can at least notice that the atmosphere changed. "But I'll be fine, one thing I was taught was improvision, I don't know 'the ways of a wolf' but I know how to survive, and I'll let that carry me forward. After all," she softly smiles into the distance, "I got a world with my name on it and some wolves haven't stopped me yet."

Onyx gave a derisive snort, shaking his head "Those wolves never stopped you, because you ran and luckily did so by running into me. There cannot be as much that you could teach me as I could teach you. Especially if you wish to remain safe and continue to survive. You were protected until now, until you began to leave." he said, his nose crinkling in annoyance at the voice over the loud speaker as it announced the arrival of the next bus. Something occurred to him then, their bus not yet there. "Wait, coconut man?" he questioned, clearly confused as he went back to what she had called him only a minute ago. "What is... Is that how I smell?" he asked, raising an arm up to turn his nose and attempting to get a hint of the scent she described. But he had no idea what a coconut even was, and because it was his own scent, was slightly nose blind to it and failed to pinpoint that particular part of his scent. "Well, at least you've got a decent enough nose. Even if you've no discernable scent of your own." he said, lowering his arm and looking back to her.

"You know a world with your name on it means nothing, if you can't claim and defend your own territory with a mark all your own to ward off other werewolves." Onyx said for the first time as he faced her, but his eyes were across the station, tracking the family as they headed out to catch the bus that was waiting outside. "Not to mention that you would be much safer if you were part of a pack, having others to help and defend you if something were to happen. Or help you heal if you get hurt." he adds, eyes moving back to her as soon as the children were no longer in sight. The youngest didn't look like he was more than a few years old, close too, if not the same age his own child would have been. Had tragedy not struck his late mate before his pup had even been born. He had to force the thoughts away again, questioning himself as to why he choose to do this. Why was he following after a young wolf onto a bus to some far off city or town he didn't know a thing about? He should have just kept walking out of town, through the next packs territory and out. This was the most he had talked in years and wasn't sure he liked it.

Kimber lets out a light chuckle, "Thank you, old wise one, I'll take that into consideration," once the intercom came on, she stands to collect her things, "maybe you can teach me how to walk across the road too?" she goes back to joking, along with a smirk on her face. Clearly now is not the time to be teaching one another anything, not like they don't have wolves watching them. So, for now, she'll just keep things light until he snaps out of whatever reminiscing mood, he's in. As she hoists the guitar case over her shoulder, she nods at his question, "Oh yeah, you smell like an Almond Joy, my guy, or the start of a nice cocktail; and you're telling me to blend in." Pinching her nose together to seal the deal, she goes towards the door and continues to listen to his speech. I feel like his daughter at this point.

"Do all werewolves talk about is the death and consequences of life, or did I get the preaching one?" Kimber asks plainly, holding the door open for him but not in a rush. It's obvious that he's not like he was a few minutes ago, ever since he saw that family from across the room. On the other hand, she didn't want him to feel like his words were falling on deaf ears. She's been told a few times in the past that her responses make it seem like she's indecisive or apathetic, when really, she's taken everything in on a mental scrapbook. "How about we save this conversation when we're not around humans and not in danger, hm? Promise I'll be able to give you my full attention then."

"Who was talking about death? I'm not preaching, I was just talking about surviving properly. Every young pup gets taught how to live a long life, it's just a part of life..." Onyx said, slowly rising up to follow after her as the arrival of their bus was announced. He didn't finish his sentence how he wanted too, aware that humans were very close to them and potentially listening to them. She was right to point out that it wasn't the right time to talk, so he told her as much as they headed out to get onto the bus. He wouldn't let them take his backpack to place underneath, instead resolving to keep it in his lap as he headed on to find a place to sit. He preferred the front, away from the stronger scent of the bathroom with first access to get off at every stop to breath in fresh air and cleanse his senses of the overwhelming scents of all the sweaty humans within.

It was a long, mostly quiet ride that was peppered through-out by rough bouts of sleep plagued by nightmares. He'd wake with a jolt, sucking in air like he had just run for his life. Every time he would wipe at his mouth and study his hands, as if to be sure that the blood wasn't still there from when he'd gone on his rampage after losing his mate. Satisfied he wasn't coated in the life of other wolves, he'd fold his arms across his chest, adjust how he was sitting and lean into the window the watch the scenes go by until they were nearing the last destination. He became anxious to be free of the rumbling, rolling metal box and breath the fresh air. Clear to disembark, he was one of the first ones off with what felt like his other half just crawling beneath his skin and demanding to be left free to run and roam. He tempered it by turning to look for the blonde, that Alpha within him needing to make sure that the girl was okay, that she wasn't about to just go off and get herself into trouble. His wolf was still trying to claim her as pack.

"You are, pastor Eyebrows, I love a good 'what is life' conversation, but not at seven in the morning." she replies, using a free hand to adjust her bomber's jacket before grabbing her lunch. As they walk into the bus, she was able to somehow shove that guitar case above them and let her backpack be crammed in the seat below her, not until after she gets her small journal and pencil. The casual heat that the bus gave off was enough to strip her jacket off, showing a t-shirt that had a logo of a college on it. The want for sleep was great, but she knew she'd never get it, so instead she needed to occupy her mind to distract that herself. "Sleep well." she mumbles before clicking her pencil and getting to work.

The ride was long enough to where she had to put on earplugs after a while, the humming of the bus had slowly become louder and interrupted her train of thought. Something else continued to pop up into her vision but it was something she couldn't fix. Every time the man jolted from his sleep, Kimber only nudged him, as if reminding him where he's at versus wherever the hell his brain was taking him. After a few times, it became automatic to either touch him with her elbow or saying something short like "you're still alive" or "easy there, Eyebrows" in a gentle tone. Nothing about this was unfamiliar to her and it was a nice distraction from the constant buzzing her phone made....

Whatever time it was now was unknown but the current state of constant car flow, more people walking about, and no animals lurking around stated that it was at least late morning if not the afternoon. Kimber took her time getting stuff together, having learned her lesson that rushing makes something left behind; watching the older werewolf go ahead of her. In fact, most people left the bus before she did, not rushing to get out of there unlike him. Taking a giant step from the bus onto the ground, she raises her arms high to make a spine crackling stretch. "I feel better already," she grunts out, "now on to step two of my plan."

The way that the blonde girl had been there during his nightmares on the ride had endured him even more to her as he stood, waiting somewhat impatiently among the rambling crowd before she was finally there and stretching enough it was easy to here the joints of her spine pop with the movement. He looked her over, unsure what to address first and finally settled for the obvious. "And what exactly is step two?" he asked her, squaring his shoulders and rising to his full height as he exuded pure confidence and authority. He didn't feel any other wolves around and felt safe enough to show his birth given authority. "Is there actually a plan, or are you making it up as you go?" he asked, taking a moment to realize she had on, what was to him, a random college's shirt. "Are you actually set out to attend a human institution?" he added, implying easily that they had their own.

Onyx wasn't about to let her wander off on her own, so when she moved he went with her and walked in a way that deterred anyone from their path. He looked imposing and protective, like an overly invested older brother. Except that he wasn't her brother, he didn't even know her name and it occurred to him that they should probably do so. He couldn't keep referring to her as the blonde in his head, and she couldn't keep calling him Eyebrows. That would wear on him and he didn't want to snap at some wolf who didn't know not to pester an Alpha... No, he wasn't supposed to be an Alpha anymore. He'd left that life and his pack behind, no matter what instinct was telling him. "I'm Onyx by the way, since I can at least teach you how to watch for the signs of a wolf pack." implying that it was only while they were together. He didn't plan to stay at her side. No matter how much he failed to walk way from this new feeling of pack.

Kimber lets a loud, obnoxious on purpose puff of air into the man's direction before cracking other parts of her body. Seeing how it's somewhat enough to make him concerned for her physical condition and gives her a bright smile. "I don't know, do you have a reason to still be following me?" she snaps back, keeping her composure as she simply walks up to the map of the town. "I only said that you had to hang out with me for a few minutes to get wolves off of me. You helped me and can leave; you're disturbing my plan of action with your pessimism." Stating as her eyes scan the map.

Thankfully, it's not a big town, not compared to the one they were at before, which she could see why there were so many packs watching her. There's no reason to why a lot of packs would cramp themselves up in a small town like this where there's hundreds of acers of land. The town keeps its appearance as if it's still from the 1900s, with its vintage gas stations, neon signs, and wooden buildings that are glued together. The only thing new about this town are the freshly paved roads and sidewalks along with the main attraction to the town, the National Parks. There are four HUGE national parks that surround the town and depending on which one you get to will have to be done either by car, a cable car, or if you're wanting a hefty working, by foot. "Also, no, I don't go to a university, I just used it as an excuse to get my dad off me."

"I've always wanted to come here, ever since I was a kid." she motions to the whole map, just the thought of hiking all of this excited her. She looks at one National Park in particular, which of course looks to be the most difficult to conquer, Mount Iwoin. "The place oozes knowledge, it's in every inch of this place." Though she speaks smoothly, her eyes hold a sort of sparkle to them. Finding the specific place that she wanted to go to, she sets off, predicting that the guy is still following her, so she doesn't walk fast. "Onyx? Like the varieties of layered chalcedony? Sweet. My name is Kimber- don't call me Kim." Watching the people as she walks past, her free hand pats her side in a sort of rhythm as she looks for the specific building.

"I can't just leave you without more knowledge of what you are." Onyx said, watching her study the map with her beautifully rare eyes. Not attracted to her in that sense, he could still admire the violet beauty of her irises. "No institution of higher learning, that's fine. Over rated anyway." he says, turning his own attention to the map as she draws his attention to it. "You're certainly correct about the knowledge that this place carries. But it could hold more, if you let it." he says, turning to walk with her when he feels her moving away. "Kimber - don't shorten it. I can manage that fine." he says, his hand going up into the impossibly dark locks of his hair to brush them away from his forehead.

"What are you looking for? Why not just go right for the destination you desire?" Onyx asked, oblivious to the ways of the humans and their need to designate areas they weren't allowed to destroy. He'd seen it enough, how careless many of them could be when it came to nature. He had spent an entire day once, cleaning up after a particular mess in the earlier aspects of his journey. Now it was just easier to scare the humans so bad, they would either never return, or take several years to do so. But the messes they left behind became less frequent before he'd moved on.

"And why's that?" Kimber questions, flicking her eyes over to him, "You don't get anything in return, and, in a way, it looks like you want to do several other things than teaching a 'pup', am I right?" It's not something that he tried to hide, the past two times he bumped into her he wanted nothing else but to leave her behind. Why the flip-switch change is beyond her, maybe that also will be revealed in this town. On the other hand, something tells her that she isn't going to be learning it alone as she had hoped for.

"Just go to Mount Iwoin?" Kimber restates his question before shaking her head. "It'll be dumb of me to just head up to an unknown, high-altitude mountain in an even more unknown town without preparation. I can't believe you asked me that man." Kimber sucks on her bottom lip as she reads the scratched-up signs, they could at least repaint some of these. Then again, the particular place she has in mind probably doesn't get a lot of attention. She stops in front of the pawn shop and grips onto her guitar case, now with both hands on the handle. There are bars on the windows and a security camera placed to get a good shot of the entrance.

The bell dings at her presence, using her shoulder to shove the door open. A faint smell of tobacco greets her nose from the smoke break they probably just had. That is the two men that stand behind the rugged glass counter. One man is a lot older than the other, probably a grandfather, and the other is about her age- no, probably a teenager. The old man is the only one that looks up from his phone, the other one invested in a video. Kimber strolls onto the dark green carpet and up to the counter. "I'd like to sell this guitar please." before the older gentleman could let a word out.

Onyx let out a soft grumble, mumbling under his breath about not understanding how she was unprepared while he trailed after her until she slipped from view into a pawn shop. He blinks rapidly several times, taking in the bars on the windows before he's quickly slipping inside just in time to hear her say that she wanted to give up the precious item. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. What the hell are you doing?" Onyx asked, because even though he'd only spent the day with her, he could tell just how much that instrument meant to her. "Excuse us for a moment." He says, injecting himself between Kimber and the counter to grab the handle of her guitar case and her arm before turning to walk back out of the building. "You're the first wolf I've ever seen holding onto one of these, why just give it up? What exactly is your plan here? You're a wolf, the best training ground is all around you. That path you want, you can go on it and not have a worry. You are prepared just as you are, nothing else is needed." he told her, his blue-grey eyes with the brown invading flecks of his left bore down into her violet orbs. "Look..." Onyx fell quiet, watching a few stray humans walk past them on the sidewalk before he huffed and looked around.

"Here, come on." Onyx told her, still holding tight to the guitar case in his hand and reaching for her arm. He exuded a commanding air that would leave little room for questions as he led her into the nearest alley and down it several steps before letting her go and looking at her. "Knowledge of the pup or not, tell me why you think you aren't prepared for Mount Iwoin? Your nose will allow you to find food, it will allow you find fresh water and instinct, deep inside, will allow you to find shelter." he said, starting to really wonder just what the hell it was that he was doing. She was right, he shouldn't want anything to do with her. He had walked away from any number of wolves in the past, many of whom had asked for a deeper level of help than she had. It had been easy to say no then, easy to just turn around and walk away like he had with his pack. A pack he had finally just been poised to fully inherit. But that pack was long gone, he had a newer wolf with limited knowledge in front of him. Pack. The wolf side of him was still trying to boldly claim.

The older man's mouth opens to have it, again, be cut off by another guest, making him sigh and scratching the back of his head. Even the teenage boy had a hard time wrapping his head around the two that bolted in. "Look Onyx- hey!" Kimber's tone changed an octave when she's forced to leave the pawn shop, no matter how much energy she put into her legs to go in the opposite direction. It was like she was sliding on ice at that point, her heel catching the metal on the floor, the door dinging as it closed in front of her. Stumbling to catch herself, her legs place themselves on the ground once the force on her arm isn't fighting against her.

She's not able to get a word in the whole time he's talking, only able to nod quickly at his words and have a fake smile to show the people around her that she's fine- that she herself is fine too. It's the first time she's seen him look so demanding at her, the feeling of being scolded like a child is stronger than ever. Temporarily, she gives up the want to take control of the conversation and is once again led somewhere else further away from the pawn shop. Her fingers tap against the handle of the case and holds back a sigh, or else he'd probably go on about her being defiant or something. Silence fills the alleyway, only the steps of humans and cars rolling interrupts it from being unbearable. Those pressed lips begin to relax, and she looks down at the ground, "First off, thanks, for finally acknowledging that I am capable of handling myself." she murmurs, how he's able to make her feel so silent and miniscule is still something she must figure out. Until then, she can't let it deter her from step two, but any means necessary.

With that, Kimber looks up at him with a glare in her eyes, "But you can't stop me from doing what I need to do." She barely blinks as she has to hike her neck to look at him before kneeling down to the ground. The guitar case is placed on the concrete that's split with weeds, something the town must have not been too concerned about and pulls out the guitar. It looks to have been freshly polished as if reflects the sun in a taunting manner of enticement. She flips the guitar to where you can see the back of it and shoves it up to Onyx so he can read it. "This is why I'm getting rid of it." Kimber confesses as the words are etched so deep that it would be impossible to remove, without the right tools.

Whenever you play this guitar, I'll hear it in my heart, and I'll sing back to you
-Love, Mommy

"This guitar, my phone, the watch my dad gave me- it's all going to be sold today." Kimber vows with a tilted upward head. "I'm going to learn how to be a wolf, I'm going to learn how to properly survive, and I'm not going to worry about money the whole time." It's like the more she speaks, the more it's hard to keep her voice quiet, it seethes even, like a bubbling kettle. "I've thought about this for a long time, if I ever want to truly learn who I am, I need to drop all of this behind me that do nothing but hurt me." Only because she's about to sell it, she puts the guitar back in its case with preciousness, gently clasping the buckles around it so it doesn't move. She breathes to stabilize herself, "One day, when I know what I am and who I am, I'm buying my own guitar, and it won't have those fucking words on it."

Onyx has to force himself to reign in his commanding demeanor at the sight of a fully scolded Kimber standing in front of him, making him exhale a heavy breath as she finally begins to talk and tell him just what her plan was. A plan that he had been trying to get out of her since the bus station. Her glare surprises him, and he's unable to hide that he isn't used to having another wolf stand up to him. Still, he knows in this moment that he needs to bite his tongue and silently watches as she takes the guitar and opens it before gently handing the molded wood within before thrusting it up at him so that he could read the back. He's not sure what he had expected, but words so artfully carved into the wooden body was not it. The way Kimber acts, its almost as if the words are mocking her, but she still treats the instrument with care as she puts it away.

"I was wondering where your wolf was." Onyx says after a quiet moment, aware of the bite and sting her words had held for herself. "Now I know, you've been holding it back with a control that's far better than I've seen before." he tells her, his voice gruff and deep but clearly holding a hint of pride. "You'll find yourself faster with a guide, someone to teach you." he told her, realizing that it didn't matter what he wanted because out there had clearly led him to this wolf who didn't know anything about her own heritage. "If this is what you need, then I'll help you learn to hunt and be a wolf. There isn't any packs around as far as I can tell, but I'll still teach you how to watch and avoid another's territory. It's best to avoid stepping on toes if you can when outnumbered." he extended his hand to her, waiting for her to take it and help her to her feet. They were more alike than he realized, both running from a past that seemed determined to chase them. For now, he says nothing else, internally preening with pride at having started a new pack. Silently, he goes with her back out and towards the main door of the pawn shop and he opens the door for her.

"I'll wait for you here." Onyx tells her, exuding a much calmer and happier demeaner than he had before. He waits for her to proceed inside, alone before he turns and heaves a heavy sigh, not at all sure what he's supposed to do with himself. This was new ground for him, having only one other member to a pack he didn't actually want when he woke up that morning. Glancing around and finding very few cars were driving on the road, he moved to seat himself upon the curb to watch the humans go about their daily lives.

How did I manage not to cry? Whenever she faces the facts about her mother, it's something she's unable to stop, the tears. Then again, she's never been able to say it before without there already being tension from the other person. Someone that she couldn't stand up to no matter how hard she tried. Something about telling it to Onyx didn't seem like a hurdle to tell, but a test. From his head to his feet, he illustrates many positive characteristics: bravery, strength, experience, and courage; but he also has some scars that Kimber doesn't know about. Here she is, in an alleyway in a town that's been a dream since childhood, talking about some pretty deep stuff. Is this a sign of weakness or bravery? Courage or cowardness? Wisdom or foolishness?

Kimber stares down at the case, shoulders slumped and a frown growing on her face, securing the buckles, along with her emotions, what Onyx says make her eyes snap wide open. He figured it out, it only took a few hours, but he was able to solve the puzzle behind her mask- her voice. That's why she keeps it so mellow, such that it's sometimes quiet, it's the only thing that shows what she is. Like a wolf having a specific howl, hell, a wolf that's louder than the rest, an echo in the woods. Listening to him become a little easier, leaning towards him ever so slightly with a warm smile.

"Well," Kimber looks down at his hands that hold past, "if you can just call me a kid instead of a pup then we have a deal, Eyebrows." Taking a hold of him, he easily lifts her up and she lets go to get the case. Following him back to the pawn shop, she lifts it to her chest with a smile that ever so grows at the weight will soon be off of her. "Sure thing." and with that, she goes back into the pawn shop. Maybe thirty minutes goes by, most of it was having to delete all the things off her phone and to keep a good bargain. But those thirty minutes feel like the best times of her life as she leaves the pawn shop. Technology free, no useless jewelry, a backpack that's a bit lighter, and two free hands. Her hands are placed on her hips as she looks down at Onyx, "Don't worry, I can still give you music with my drumsticks."

Onyx twists to look up at her when he hears the door behind him open, tilting his head at her before he's getting to his feet with a heavy sigh "I don't think there's anything that you can make good music with if that's all that you have to make music with." he said, looking at her and taking not that she looked happier. "Well, you studied that map, how about you lead the way and we go find ourselves a nice couple of dens, hmm?" he said, gesturing for her to take the lead. "Why exactly do you have drumsticks with you?" he asked, falling easily into a half step behind her as she continued to lead the way. He waited for her answer, nodding and following after her out of the town.

"How far are we traveling?" he decided to ask as they ventured out of the town, leaving behind the wooden buildings frozen in a time when both werewolf and human were fewer and farther between. It had been easier back then, to hide and let a sighting fall to a rumor but if they had far to travel in their accent, he wanted to shift and run with her. He wanted to bond as a wolf with his newest and only other member of his pack. He knew it would make for great bonding after the long, slightly stressful day that they had. Most of which he knew was his own fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back