• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Tides ✧ Group RP with small town secrets, family drama and more

birdi

Hi, all!

Some of you know me already — if you don’t, my name is Birdie (she/her, 21, US). I was recently discussing groups with a 1x1 partner and, after giving it a little bit of thought, I think it’s something I would like to dive back into. There are some elements of group RP that I find a little challenging, which is exactly why I’d like to hone my skills with a collective of strong writers.

The premise

I really love the idea of a New England town rocked by tragedy. I’m super open to fleshing the specifics of that out with the group, but I mainly see this as peering into the lives of individuals and families who are connected by this shared experience, and what that looks like in their daily lives. Definitely relationship-heavy, but I also want to keep the plot spicy with lots of twists and turns. I know this was a little vague, but I want to work the details out with all of you! If you’re in it for the long haul and really want to build a good story, let’s do it!

What I can offer

✧ Experience in RP (5-ish years worth)
✧ Consistency! Although I am a student, I can comfortably offer at least one reply per day (and that was me really low-balling, most times I’m able to do more). Be advised that I am part of and committed to several 1x1s, so my time is divided. But I’m passionate about all my RPs
✧ Willingness to collaborate and a really organized set-up in terms of plot and characterization
✧ 150-600 word replies, depending on context
✧ Correct grammar and spelling in English
✧ Comfortable doubling
✧ Female characters of all ages (I’ve played as young as 5 and as old as 60) — and I’m working on males thanks to a very patient 1x1 partner

What I’m looking for

✧ 18+ please, out of respect for what seems to be most comfortable for others
✧ Third-person writing!!
✧ Consistency in replies and communication when that can’t be done (because I get it — we all have lives. I’ll never shame you for having to disappear for a touch)
✧ People who have ideas and are willing to talk them through!
✧ Dynamic characters that will keep the story moving
✧ Replies of at least 1 paragraph
✧ OOC chat because wouldn’t it be cool if we were all friends?
✧ Others comfortable doubling
✧ People who don’t mind things getting sad or otherwise emotional or dramatic

Themes I love

✧ family conflict ✧ found family ✧ grief and loss ✧ friendship ✧ mystery ✧ crime ✧ romantic rivalries ✧ personality clashes ✧ adoption ✧ cultural differences ✧ domesticity ✧ multi-generational households or friendships ✧ secrets ✧ career ensembles (teachers, doctors, cops, etc.) ✧ anything vintage

Ooo... this is right up my alley. Very much interested!

Relationship heavy like the darling elephant. Hehe. I have interest, beautiful interest. I thought of one idea, and it is a privilege to think of ideas for your role play, Tides. It, wondrously too, is something I am thankful to God for.

Idea #1: The Dublineir family consisting of a married man and woman, two daughters, and one son is selling a diamond ring worth a lot of money to the Tamenfaj family consisting of a married man and woman, and a five-year-old daughter Wejkl Tamenfaj, however, the two Dublineir sisters between the ages of eighteen and twenty-two, their brother who is between the ages of eighteen and twenty-three, and their friend who is between the ages of eighteen and twenty-three of theirs discover it in the Dublineir gallery which is one room of the Dublineir mansion. One of the Dublineir sisters likes it and puts it on, and though the imagery of her posing with it close to her left cheek is darling with the diamond's shine to the sun, she loses the ring at a park when her, her relatives, and her friend have an evening out together to the Mhmle Restaurant and park with the Tamenfaj family to purchase the diamond ring coming tomorrow. The Dublineir sister who wore it knew it was to be bought, and accidentally lost it. The Dublineir relatives and their friend come to the Dublineir's home the same night, and then the sister who tried on the ring told the truth about the ring and how she lost the ring with two slightly more innocent birds singing high sounds uniquely in the trees around her with such birds' little feet just precious holding onto the branches. The Dublineir mother is embarrassed and seething since the Tamenfaj family traveled from the state aside the one where the Dublineir mansion is, with her tall body and sorry eyes beside one of her slightly shorter bushes as she apologized to them as her husband's comfort now for his wife was within him as he almost offers money to the Tamenfaj family to make matters somewhat fair, his shame shielded. The Tamenfaj wife, cloudy with frustration, leaves before his offer involving money, and decides to tell the people of the Sophisticated and Aspiring group which is a group for wealthy people who create, and think of methods to enrich the wonders their families and local people have which is at a building practically evenly between where the Dublineir family and Tamenfaj family reside how unprofessional, dishonest, and unfit for the Sophisticated and Aspiring group the Dublineir mom and dad is with the Dublineir mom and dad aspiring to join them. With words of polite disappointment to her children and their friend from the Dublineir mother, the Dublineir sister who tried on the ring gathers her things, her grandma's card with money, and leaves with her relatives to reside in a cheap motel somewhere sort of close. Their friend decides to go with them, each of them aspiring singers, and the four of them pursue a career of singing which is where two other characters in the singing business could join for fun, unique character interactions. Meanwhile, the Dublineir mom and dad go to the Sophisticated and Aspiring group to join despite one of their daughters losing the ring and her relatives and friend feeling of slight guilt about the ring being lost, and are refused entrance from Beren Tlwh, the Sophisticated and Aspiring group owner from the words of already member, Lejem Tamenfaj who is wife to Vehm Tamenfaj. Since the Dublineir mom wanted to join, she is sad, and word got out to the surrounding businesses where she and her husband were allowed, though ridiculed from Lejem Taminfaj's words about mom, Ujeska Dublineir, and dad, Veliremw Taminfaj. The Dublineir family has their own struggles away from each other, though Sesily Dublineir, who tried on the ring, Hehintw Dublineir, Sesily's sister, Vazen Dublineir, their brother, and Tijony Lvrwh, their friend, create a song for Ujeska about being sorry and being ambitious which the Sophisticated and Aspiring group hears, Tijony on the drums. Lejem and Veliremw apologize for talking about Ujeska and Veliremw to the Sophisticated and Aspiring group and the Dublineir family, Ujeska and Veliremw join the Sophisticated and Aspiring group, the Dublineir family become closer, and improvement and the want from each of them to be their best is.

I shall think of maybe one or two more ideas. {:
birdi birdi

Last edited:
I just read you are looking for town secrets, too. I shall think of one or some tonight, too, and post tomorrow.
birdi birdi

Last edited:
WHOA! RP Nation did that fun thing where it randomly stops sending me email notifications, so sorry that I'm just now seeing all of this! This is my first time ever organizing a group RP, so please bear with me in terms of coordinating things.

Would folks rather

a) Be thrown into a group chat to talk ideas over collaboratively
b) Individually talk to me about characters and ideas

Would you need the PTSD infested cop/firefighter who has nothing better to do with his time? Or better yet, is this town small enough to have... A SHERIFF!

birdi birdi If my idea is liked, we could think of the town secret as like, what really makes Ujeska Dublineir's pie taste so good? There could be like pie farmers markets which she has pies at and she has even fake friends to just get that secret ingredient! Shall true friendship with wondrous creativity be? I feel like we could have awesome writing for the characters. Hehe.

Interested!! A couple ideas I want to put down reading it. If they get modified or over written it's totally fine just want to put it down while I'm thinking about it
Victor Enfield: Coming from an extremely poor background, Victor Enfield (or "vick" to just about everyone) lives in a small barely-not-one-room place with his father. His father has long spent their money on drink since the passing of vick's late mother, and the work is minimal. Vick has taken to doing odd jobs around town for the extra money and his father still takes the odd repair job. It's true that the old man has retreated inward, not spending a lot of time out of the house unless its his rare work or to buy more drink, and even with his friendliness while he is out there was still much to be desired from his limited interactions. Vick however was known for being overly polite, greeting everyone by name and knowing exactly what event to ask about in their lives (birthdays, school, the children). As a side effect he has learned a deal of the town gossip but he prefers to keep it quiet, lord knows he has his own skeletons to keep from the public eye and its not his place to share anyone else's.

Abigail Hastings: Coming from a wealthy family who has lost most of it within the last two generations, Abigail knows she has little for prospects. Ezekiel Hastings practically founded the town around Belcourt Manor from the ground up, and when the family lost the manor it was the blackest stain on their name she could imagine. Her family still has enough to keep a respectable home with a handful or less of servants but there is the ever-present knowledge that they may be a generation from only having their name. The youngest of three, she has seen her two older brothers marry and bring small sums of money to the family through their brides dowry, but as the only girl she feels a constant crushing pressure to marry well while trying to charm any would be suitors away from inquiring to what her family offers aside from the status of marrying a Hastings. Richard had married some new money heiress who was able to bail her new in laws out of debts she had been to caught up in the fairy tale to notice beforehand. Danial had married some old money woman who was nearly 10 years his senior and outlived her last husband. All the while she sat through etiquette lessons and introductions to men who were easily able to pick up the state of the manor and exactly what her family had to offer him. How often must she be reminded of the dwindling weight their family name holds in society? Of the financial mismanagement her father committed to put them in such a state? How well must she preform to distract from the small town their home is on the edge of, rather than some appropriately high society estate like the one her grandmother spent the last few years of her life complaining about losing? To only have daughters had been a struggle enough for them, and when her mother married a distant cousin in an attempt to keep what they could in the family it was supposed to be a moment to rejoice. Their whirlwind romance was the stuff of fairy tales, and her father charmed her mother with stories of his plans that had seemed so perfectly wonderful at the time. To good, with hindsight. The promise of an overseas market, trade to be made in.... something. As a young woman Abigail was hardly privy to the business of it all but she knew they had lost it. Whatever happened ended so badly her father had to turn to the marriages of his children just to keep them afloat. The manor was lost, the house of some lesser someone without much of a name went up for sale, and so they went. The Hastings found some little town to bury their shame in while trying to talk up their daughter to anyone worth speaking to. There is an... appeal to the city, the simple life, the stories of marrying for love and not worrying about money she is aware she romanticizes. Perhaps some of that can be blamed on her romanticization of one less than high society man in the city. But she knows that isn't an option, and every day she steps into the city or even in the same room as her parents she knows there is a part to play, people to charm, a professional distance between everyone. It isn't just her life she could ruin with a mistake like that, but the future of her family and their very reputation.

Very interested in this
Even have a character idea

A young single father moves to town with his infant son. very cagey on his backstory and life but its not as clear cut as you would expect it to be.
He seems intelligent to the point where it was assumed he would go to college yet, with a child thats not on the cards for him.
Whats his story?, why is he alone with a child?, is the child his?, it seems so?
but like they say, small towns have the uncanny ability to draw out even the best kept secrets

Hey, all!

Sorry I've been a little MIA -- school got kinda nuts. As of the last post, I'm going to close this. BUT if you've replied prior to the time you're reading this, go ahead and PM me your Discord if you want to be added to our planning channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back