• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Those That are Hunted

Xavier inhaled deeply and stood up, brushing at Amelie's hands. "I'm fine, really. I can walk and all that," he said, though just at that moment his leg decided to make his day even better and buckled, sending Xavier staggering until he was leaning back against the wall of some building. Glancing around, he could see more people coming outside and cursed quietly. If anyone saw him like how he was, he'd be arrested in two seconds flat and blamed for the whole thing. Reluctantly, he leaned against Amelie for support and used his power to make himself look like an old man. It would explain the limp he had and why he was going slow, and as an added bonus no one usually looked twice at old people. "Come on, let's get going," he grumbled, too lazy to change his voice and almost laughing at how he must look.

For goodness sakes. He goes off on vacation, and what do the other two do? Fluff off on an assignment or another. Ugh, he told them they needed to bring him as back up the last time they pulled that crap, but oh no. Once again, Kian was left in the dust.

Welp. Last chance scenario, seeing as he couldn't find them anywhere, he had to call them.

He flipped his phone out of his pocket, and bit his lip as he tried to navigate his way to the contacts page. God, this technology business was never his thing. Give him some pen and paper and he's usually good to go, but he understood why phones were necessary. Being able to instantly reach others was kind of a plus.

Oh, there was Xavier's info! Clicking the center pad, he pulled up the number and held the phone next to his ear as it began to ring.

(( Tell me if I need to fix some of this business. I read like two posts, I somehow doubt all this bull poop is completely accurate. ))

Last edited by a moderator:
Xavier felt something in his pocket vibrate and instantly he stopped. 'Wonder what the hell that is,' he thought to himself, intent on ignoring the vibrations for as long as possible. It was probably the cell phone the government had issued him, and aparently someone was trying to call him. Waiting until the call went to voicemail, Xavier pulled out the phone and sure enough someone had just tried contacting him. Well that was strange, considering he was officially AWOL, Amelie tracking him down was proof enough for him.

Deciding he had nothing to lose at this point, Xavier dialed the same number but put a *67 as an area code, that way hi number couldn't be traced if that's what they were doing.

((It works. Xavier is tenchnically rogue now though. He had two different tracking devices removed from him several pages ago (he had a record of taking "vacations" while on assignments), one as an ankle bracelet that wasn't really said how it got off, the other a chip in his arm that an impromptu surgery took care of ^^ ))

(( Let's just say Kian is horribly unconnected with recent news. Tech issues, whatever. Also that sounds really gnarly, wow. Hardcore. ))

Hmm. Voicemail. Okay, well that's fine, Kian could work a one man conversation, no problem.

"Hey, is this Xavier? It's Kian. Just wondering where -" his phone beeped in his ear.

He pulled the device from his face in confusion. What did that mean? What did he do wrong this time? Oh. It said he was getting another call. Could he answer it while in a voicemail? Hmm. Probably not.

"I'm getting another call, just tell me where you guys are when you get this," he rushed, then hung up the voicemail. He clicked the answer button for the new caller, then held the phone back up to his ear.

"Hello?" He answered, "this is Kian Threngeld. What can I do for you?"

Kai entered an apartment complex. Sitting at the security box was a teen. "Johnny boy!" Kai smiled and walked into the little booth. Kai took some cash from his pocket, "take us to Caitlin." Kai smiled, "oh and get your "crew" to gather us as much firepower and man power as possible. I'll fill you in later mate." Kai patted him on the back and took one of his pieces of gum. Kai waved to Alec and they walked into the third mens cubicle. Kai waited there for a while until there was a small whirring and the floor opened up. Kai stood back. "Beast before beaty."

Caitlin swivled around in her chair as a file was being installed. She laughed at how simple it was. There was a slight beeping and Caitlin stood up. There was a message saying, "Kai and a man are coming, third east entrance." Caitlin smiled and pushed a few buttons. The walls around her whirled and clicked, replaced by hundreds, no thousands of weapons and gadgets and all sorts.

Xavier raised an eyebrow in confusion, even though he knew that the other couldn't see him. "Man, you sound like a store clerk when you answer. Hello, this is Kian Threngeld at Big Ass Corporation speaking. How may I help you?" He said the last part to mimic Kian's voice perfectly, chuckling quietly to himself. After a few seconds he shook his head slightly like it would help him clear it. "Sorry," he said to Kian. "I'm in slight hysterics right now probably. But this is Xavier. Don't even try to track the phone because it won't work."

Kian felt the tips of his ears heat up in an embarrassed blush, "Sh-shush! You know how I am around electronics!" He flustered, now even more embarrassed by the slight stutter. But almost as soon as he said it, his expression collapsed into worry. Hysterics? What? What was going on? And why would he want to track...? Oh no.

"Xavier? Are you okay? Where are you guys, I'm coming to back you up," he insisted, eyebrows furrowed. They could be in the middle of a botched mission, or even one of Xavier's famous slip and runs, but no matter what, Kian was there to help. It was his thing. He swore he would always do what was right when he signed up to join the company. And he would freaking do the right thing here.

Xavier laughed weakly, standing more on his own. "You were always bad at working that phone, huh? It was halarious to watch you try and figure out what a text message was." He chuckled then coughed, clearing his throat while he thought. It was annoying how slow his mind was functioning, and it also hurt a little in the back where Kai had slammed him into the wall, but he was going to return the favor to the little psyco as soon as possible.

Finally his thoughts lined up in the way he wanted them to and he paused, blinking. "Um, give me a sec would you?" He said to Kian. Turing to Amelie, he put his hand over the mic part or the phone so Kian couldn't hear. "It's Kian. And he doesn't know what's going on apparently." If anyone knew how to handle the situation, it should be Amelie.

Amelie looked at Xavier as his work phone started to go off. I thought he turned that thing off? She glared at him when he went and called the person back. "Xavier!" Amelie hissed. Her eyes widened when he mentioned Kian. "Shit." Amelie shifted her weight and the way she held him as he tried to stand on his own. Her arm went around his waist just in case he fell again. "I was hoping to get in contact with my brother and bring you to him but this changes everything." Amelie closed her eyes to think. She couldn't get caught with Xavier. Once news reaches to Kian about Xavier defecting he will try and re capture him, or if needed kill him. If Kian spotted her with him then the heigher ups would probably wanted her detained and brought back. She shivered at the thought. They would do to her what they did to Eloarch. As much as she wanted to help Xavier, she needed to protect her self and her brother first. "Tell him that you are fine. You just got into a tough situation and is already heading back to get treatment." She paused. "But when the time comes, I need to be gone. Kian can not see me with you. I will cal my brother and see if he can send someone to help you. I...I just need to protect him." she whispered the last part.

After following Kai for a while he realized where he was going. He remember this place. How many times has he walked by here to keep an eye on Caitlin? Crew? What is going on? Seeing the floor open up Alec's mouth dropped open. How has his people not be able to find this part? Yes he knew Caitlin was here but they were never able to find exactly where in the building she was. "Now it all makes sense." He mumbled.

(Sorry if it's not the best. A little rusty. Most of my roleplays died and I just got a new job, so I haven't really been writing a lot.)

Kai didnt hear Alec mumble and followed behind him into the room. He chuckled seeing that Caitlin had already anticipated him arriving with all the gadgets on the wall. He walked straight towards the middle where he saw a collection of computers. Catching sight of Caitlin he walked up to her and gave her a hug. "How you holding out?" Kai asked as he stood back from the embrace. "Fine, some government shit heads have been looking for me though." Caitlin turns to Alec, "and some underground X-Men motherf***ers were looking for me too." She smiled and stuck out her hand. "I'm Caitlin and your Alec, brother of Amelia." Caitlin pulled her hand back. "No need for introductions I already know quite a lot about you." Caitlin tapped her glasses.

"So, what do you want Kai," Caitlin asked, sitting back down in her chair. Kai sat down in a chair next to her and looked up at Alec. "Ok so here's what we're gonna do."

Xavier nodded at Amelie and stood up more in his own, glad he was actually able to. He knew Amelie didn't want to leave him with how beat up he was, but he also understood that she couldn't be caught. "Don't worry, I'm fine," he said, to both Amelie and Kian on the phone. "I'm heading to get some treatment now. I'll see you later." With that, he hung up before Kian could question him further and slipped the phone in his pocket. He sighed then smiled a little at Amelie. "You can go. I'll be fine, really. Just need a nap and a Band-Aid. Maybe an Asprin," he joked, but guessed he would only really need that and some antibiotics. Those would be easy enough to get a hold of though.

Giving Amelie a slight wave, he turned and started walking towards where he knew a park was, making damn sure that he didn't limp or show any pain. It wasn't like anything was broken. About a block later he saw the lame excuse of a park. It was just grass, about four trees, a bench, and a small fountain that had run dry. No body else was there, which he was thankful for, and he walked over and laid down on the bench. He closed his eyes, sighing as his weight was lifted off his leg and letting his powers drop, looking like how he normally did. If anyone saw him while he was sleeping, they'd probably assume he was homeless or an addict or something, and leave him alone. Xavier yawned and put his hood up, hiding his hair and face a little before falling asleep.

Amelie released her arm around Xavier. "You better be fine. I don't want your death on my hands." She called out to him. When his back turned to her, her face went stoic. She would need to call HQ soon, but first she needed to reach her brother. Pulling out her phone she dialed his number. She growled in frustration when it rang a few time and went to voice mail.

Alec followed behind Kai and looked in awe at all the weapons in the room. He ignored the conversation Kai and Catlin were having until his sister and his name was mentioned. "Seems like my people aren't do their jobs right." He turned to look at her. "And please stop calling us X-man, I understand the reference but its really irritating. " He sighed. "And I know quite a bit about you, Caitlin." He took her hand and shook it and then pulled away. "It's great to finally meet you in person. I can see you are not a gifted. You don't have a glow like the rest of us. I wonder why you even help Kai." He looked at Kai. There was a dark grey glow around him. He then looked at Caitlin and there was nothing. It took him a while to figure out what the colors meant. It all depended on what ind of gift the person had. He could now narrow down what gift a person might haven depending on the color of their glow.

Alec's mind snapped out of it when Kai started to talk. "So what are we doing? Suddenly Alec felt a vibration in his pocket. He expected to hear the generic ringtone that was set for basically all of his contacts. But what he heard was different. The Xman theme song started play. In a flash he pulled out his phone and looked at the number. Amelie. His eyes widened. Why would she be calling me? She hasn't for years. I thought she threw out her old phone. He wanted to answer it but not here. Not with these two watching him. He pressed a button and sent it to voice mail. He'd have to call her back later.

Caitlin laughed and walked up to Alec, "how do you not know I'm gifted hun," she whispered in his ear. Caitlin stepped back and held up a small vial of purple liquid. "You see, I like to hide what I am, I do have a small gift, very small, so small actually, that with a small dose of this every month, no one can identify it. Now, tell me Alec, what do you know about me? How good are your men? Did you find the real information about me or just the fake one I installed onto all the governmental databases?" Caitlin laughed.

Kai grinned as he watched Caitlin torment Alec. "Ok, Caitlin, sit down." he smiled. "It's true Alec, I never knew who she really was until just last year."

Alec smirked at her. "Well one of my gifts is I can tell if one is gifted. They have a, how can I describe it, a glow to them? You have a pretty nifty thing there to be able to hide it from me." He put his hands in his pockets. "And of course my people are good. Yes we do look at files the government has on you but we do make sure the information if correct. You are a very hard person to keep watch on Caitlin. And Kai, when I spotted you I amde sure to keep an eye on you. Your glow always bothered me and clearly it was a good idea to keep watch."

Kai laughed, but Caitlin didn't. "That's pretty creepy. Plus how did you get past my security locks on the true files?" She asked, "you must have some pretty impressive guys." This time she laughed. "Thank you," she said realizing he was talking about the serum. "After I read that you could see peoples gifts I decided to develop a way to hide mine. You see, my gift is, very subtle, a normal person could see me doing it and they wouldn't feel scared or surprised." Caitlin smiled and sat back down in her chair again. "Anyway, Kai, what's your plan?"

Kai cleared his throat and sat down next to Caitlin. "I'm getting little Johnny boy to collect up his 'crew'," Caitlin nodded, understanding, "we are going to ge as much man, and firepower as we can and we're going to raid the government." Kai grinned hugely. "So, what's my role exactly?" Caitlin asked. "Ahh yes, I need some of your gadgets, the one that nullifies or removes gifts temporarily? The one you used when you first figured out you had a gift?" Caitlin hesitated, "that one is still under evaluation, it's extremely unstable." Caitlin warned him. Kai raised his hands, "do I look like I give a f***! I'll also need your hacking skills and the help of your gift, I've sent you a file with what you need to do, don't worry i used made sure it was suuper protected."

Kian waited patiently as Xavier did... something. All he heard were loud rustles as Xavier's hand shifted on the microphone area.

Kian frowned when Xavier picked the phone back up and proceeded to spout what Kian believed was absolute nonsense.

"No, Xavier, even I can tell you're -"

The phone beeped once, then it droned in the long tone signaling an ended call. Kian pulled his phone away from his face and frowned. It kindly notified him the call had been hung up with a nice, easy to decipher bit of text.

What.

This was unacceptable. Xavier was wandering around, hysterical and wounded, and Kian had no clue where he was so he could help. This was entirely not okay.

His eyes narrowed as he delved back into his phone. He had to contact Amelie. He didn't know where she was either, but she might very well know where Xavier ran off to, if not more.

It took him a few minutes, but he eventually found her number, and with an intense expression, he clicked call.

Amelie felt her phone vibrate in her hand. Well that was fast. A she went to answer the phone she saw Kian's number appear. Amelie tsked and answered. "What?" She made sure to sound irritated and placed a hand on her hip.

Impatient, Kai whispered to Caitlin, "keep her company, I'm going to find me some man power." Kai pocketed a pistol and headed out of the small lair. When he made it onto the street he climbed to the top of an apartment complex. When he reached the roof he saw a boy. "What the hell are you doing up here?" Kai asked.

(Is this ok? @TurtleGod or should I give you a different entrance?)

Alec smiled at Caitlin. He liked her. She would be a great addition to the group. "Why would you remove your gift? You will need it if you plan on raiding the government. People like my sister aren't easy to defeat. I could get some people of my own to help but not many are fighters. And is anyone in this 'crew' of yours gifted? Normal people will be useless."

Caitlin laughed and walked up to a weaponlike device strapped to the wall. "No no no, none of them are gifted.... yet." Caitlin got out a syringe. "We inject this into Kai and extract dark energy from within him," she explained. "The energy is then placed into these darts," she pointed at the darts, "and when these are injected into them, as long as Kai is in pain, they will be super strong, fast and super resistant, making the perfect soldier." Caitlin looked grim knowing that this mission would surely make Kai insane from all the pain and chaos he will receive.

(No, it's fine. I can still do something epic from the roof.)

Kiroko looked down at the man as he climbed up. Why was he climbing up to him? He got in a fighting stance as he went up and asked him the question. He lowered his hands, and said "I'm... What am I doing up here?" He thought he was training for something, but apparently even HE didn't know what he was doing up there... Maybe this guy could help? "Why'd you come up here anyways?" he asked.

Kai approached the boy and slightly raised his right hand. "It was a little low but apart from that good stance." Kai smiled. "How good are you at kicking ass?" Kai asked, debating whether it would be worth recruiting him.

Alec's eyes narrowed at the device. He didn't trust those who are not gifted and his reason were fairly good. He watched his family fall apart because of it. When his mother realized Amelie was a gifted she just couldn't stand it. On multiple occasions he watched his father pry his wife off their daughter. It didn't surprise him when Amelie ran away from home. It broke his heart because Amelie was the only person he could confine in about his abilities. It took him two years to leave his home. It was then that he started the organization he runs today. He knew that he wasn't the only one who went through what he did and he didn't want them to stay in that kind of environment if they didn't have to. It was the reason there are a lot of young ones in the organization. "How do you know you can trust them? All of them are the same. They are the oppressors why would involve them in this plan?"

"Huh. No fucking idea." he said, grinning. Was he challenging him? What was he even talking about? Well, it certainly sounded like a challenge. He put his hand on the pole behind him, ready to attack, but not taking his stance. He was ready to run away, rather, if he attacked him, but he gave the man the impression that he was ready to attack. Heh, what a trick.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Look I have a request," Kai took a step forward. "I want you to show me how good you are at fighting and if you're good, I can offer you a job." Kai took out a wad of cash and placed it on a trash can beside him. "What do you say."

Caitlin looked around unsure if she could tell Alec. "Lets just say that once upon a time, Kai helped them out." She smiled and went to the wall. "Now, Alec, if you will be assisting in this raid, you will need something to defend yourself with, since your gift is quite horrible." Caitlin chuckled. She grabbed a bag filled with equipment. "I had this prepared earlier, go on have a look through." She placed the bag on the ground and took everything out. She looked at him, smiling, knowing he wouldn't know what any of it was. "These are all my inventions." Caitlin beamed proudly. She handed him a syringe filled with orange liquid. "Inject yourself with this, just do it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back