• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy This Land of Mine (nation building)

Tzun

Lord of the Dreadfort
I was hoping that I could eventually begin a nation/world building Rp, in which players could create their own world, in a sense, and take action as they pleased, within reasonable realistic taste. TLoM would be fantasy based, but extremely low fantasy, such as that in which Game of Thrones takes place. There would be a singular human race, with obvious racial variation, such as that on earth. Players could develop a nation from rags and dust into full fledged capitols and kingdoms.

I haven't actually created any lore, but mostly because I'd love to see the players create the history and world themselves.

Is anyone interested in such an idea? If so, I could extrapolate more and create a better outline of how it may work.

I was mulling that over, and I am glad you asked. Both!

Players would be able to convene meetings with other nations, roleplay encounters, or just generally speak for the entire country, all up to player preference!

Bottoms up! Starting with a description of your new race of people, and their starting location in the world, taking advantage of the nearby resources, and creating your own history.

Tzun said:
Bottoms up! Starting with a description of your new race of people, and their starting location in the world, taking advantage of the nearby resources, and creating your own history.
This sounds really fun! :D

Are multiple civillizations allowed?

Do you mean having separate nations, ex. US and Britain, or like, controlling several, ex. British Imperialism?

Tzun said:
Do you mean having separate nations, ex. US and Britain, or like, controlling several, ex. British Imperialism?
Seperate nations. Additionally, are our nations the same as real nations? Is the world map Earth? You said this is akin to GOT in its level of fantasy. Does that mean one of us will have Wildfire? Or Valyrian steel? OR DRAGONS!?! :o

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Seperate nations. Additionally, are our nations the same as real nations? Is the world map Earth? You said this is akin to GOT in its level of fantasy. Does that mean one of us will have Wildfire? Or Valyrian steel? OR DRAGONS!?! :o
I would say that no, you can't control 2 separate nations, but can control several under a singular nation, such as a colony. Fake nations. Not Earth, though, it could be, but with low fantasy, since we all already know locations and the geography. Up to the players, though! But sure, get some well funded scholarly alchemist guilds going and see what happens! But I assume that with enough time and thought, you could do most things. ;D

Tzun said:
I would say that no, you can't control 2 separate nations, but can control several under a singular nation, such as a colony. Fake nations. Not Earth, though, it could be, but with low fantasy, since we all already know locations and the geography. Up to the players, though! But sure, get some well funded scholarly alchemist guilds going and see what happens! But I assume that with enough time and thought, you could do most things. ;D
WHOOP WHOOP!

I am interested in joining, but I am generally rather busy and I'm not sure I'll be able to post too often so that I can keep up with everything/that it flows well for you guys.

Well, your nation only advances as fast as you let it. If there are nations sending troops to attack, and you can't respond as to how you prepare against siege tactics, they'll soon overrun you. So if you can 1-2 times every couple days, it should flow smoothly. Not that they *need* to be essay length posts or anything. Just something to give command and a general idea.

Alright, well, that's five people if I've counted correctly. I'll try and throw up the Rp today.

This is the awkward part where I find out I'm going on holiday next week lol. I would still like to be in this though, is it okay if I'm a little slow for the first week?

Yes. They shall awake, to discover they have already died, and have been reincarnated as wombats, and the rest of us are using pickle-based weaponry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back