• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

This is it, the apocalypse 1x1

"Yeah...about that....I'm sorry ok? I guess I was just...I don't know how to explain it," the archangel admitted quietly, and ironically, that was nearly the same problem he was having last time. "There was too much going on in my head. I don't blame you if you really did want to burn my face off," he said at last, after a couple more awkward minutes. There. He'd said it. If Aiden was going to hit him to left field, now would be the time to do it.

"It was an accident." Aiden said, in a 'matter of factly' tone no less, almost as if he was offended that Gabriel would think that he'd actually wanted to burn his face of...And, to be honest, he was. Just a little. The other should have known better than to think such things but, considering his current condition mentally, Aiden wasn't about to scold him for it. Another time maybe, but certainly not now. He still hadn't turned his head, eyes flicking left and right at nothing in the distance in front of them. He was keeping himself busy, really, anything to not have to look over. The redness would surely return if he did, and now was not the time.

Gabriel glanced at the other man out of the corner of his eye, seeing as he was purposely trying to avoid the angel's gaze. But why? That was the question, wasn't it? He couldn't read the hybrid and not only did it put him on edge, but it made him anxious. He looked over again, deciding he couldn't wait any longer. Even if he ended up sounding like an idiot that had been doing too much wishful thinking. "What did you mean - what did you mean when you said next time?"

"I meant next time you pull that, bloody warn me, and maybe I wont scorch your face." Aiden said flatly, suddenly narrowing his eyes, feeling Matthias's smug look behind him. Damn that man and his eavesdropping. It didn't matter, or bother the hybrid, but when he made that face- and Aiden knew all too well he was - it really did push the hybrid's buttons. He'd carve it out if he could, but he'd no knife, only guns, which could work too but...He had a feeling Alec would be all but too displeased at the actions.

Aiden's expression and tone of voice didn't matter to Gabriel at all at the moment. In fact, he actually couldn't have cared less about those two aspects when the words themselves were spoken. He suddenly felt a surge of relief flood through him, and he couldn't help the wide grin that came over his face. "So, if I warned you right now?" he asked, completely ignoring Matthias's peaking, which he was aware of thanks to Aiden's reactions to the man's expression.

"So help me Gabriel, now is not the time." Aiden hissed, finally sparing the other a look finally, which showed a red streak running straight across his face. His narrowed eyes flashed a look that just translated to 'Don't even try it'. On their way to save Tera, on an island that carried the gates of Hell, in enemy territory, and the angel chose now to discuss this and now to even think about- Aiden would kill him. He swore on his own life, if he even tried, he would kill him where he stood.

" Alright, Alright!' Gabriel laughed, still ecstatic regardless of the situation. Alec actually looked back for a moment at the uncharacteristically cheerful tone in his father's voice, before he looked at Aiden, his expression clearly reading to be a hearty 'what the hell is going on' before turning back around. Gabriel sighed contently, then reached down, getting another Idea. "You've made your point. Just let me do this at least then," he said, smiling he gently slipped his fingers between Aiden's, holding his hand.

Aiden glared at Alec when he'd turned around, his look reading 'Keep to yourself asshole'. He was more pleased when the teen did in fact turn back around. He didn't understand the sudden enthused reaction that Gabriel was giving off, he really didn't. But, then again, one must understand that Aiden was Aiden. Small, dark, demon-ized, constantly pissy at something, Aiden. He'd only grunted when Gabriel took his hand, making a rather grumpy face, but he didn't make any moves to stop him or to take his own hand back. He simply took it as it was, knowing it wouldn't last for long, they had to have been close to where ever it was they were going by now. They'd already been close.

Alec stopped suddenly, his hand shooting into the air in an indication for the group behind him to follow suit. His eye narrowed as he peered ahead, obviously seeking out something. "Quiet...there's a patrol out here. Be on guard," he said lowly, just audible enough that they'd be able to here. He lowered his arm to slide an arrow out of his quiver, placing it on his bow before beginning to move forward. Depending on how close the armed warriors got to the small group he'd have to see if he could dispose of them. Silently of course. Nothing would distract him from his plan - his totally flawless plan, he might add. Michael had seen to that. "Might have to take them out..."

Aiden perked up before cocking his head and turning it to look the same direction Alec did. He might not have been able to see them at first but he could hear them. Their footsteps that was, so long as he sounded out his own and he rest of the groups- Which required focus he wasn't fond of, quit the minute he could confirm just where they were and that there even was a guard. He was interested in, however, seeing Alec shoot someone that wasn't Gabriel with that arrow. It would be much more satisfying then. He had to admire the teen's ability to focus, at least, though his own mind was all over the place- and for damn good reason at that.

No. This would not do. The patrol was blocking the path to the entrance they needed to get to, and they were going to loose their window if the group didn't move away from it. Alec cursed under his breath and turned again, addressing the others on what he was going to do. "Alright look. We're going o have to split here - Marcus, Aiden, with me. We're going to get the doors open. As for the rest of you, Kylie will explain while you keep watch," he added, his eyes flicking to the hand holding before winking at Aiden knowingly. "Let's go, shall we? Can make those creepy powers of yours useful."

Aiden blinked, so they were splitting up were they? That was...Alright, he guessed. Getting stuck with Alec wasn't his most preferred idea but he wasn't the one in charge so he would go with it. He realized that that meant they were leaving Matthias alone, which gave Aiden a head-ache because he could already see the other pestering Gabriel...If he was lucky Matthias would leave the angel alone. Until then, Aiden nodded, not fond of that 'creepy powers' label. He preferred the term 'demonic abilities', but sure, 'creepy powers' worked too. Why not Lightwood. That said, Aiden glanced up at Gabriel before letting go of his hand and heading after Alec.

"There's only five...I'll take the three to the left, you take the others," He instructed quietly, keeping his head down.

"There's a stone building, separated from the rest of the castle. I'll cover you while you get o it, because lord knows, as soon as we take care of these, more will follow...Once inside, there will be a trap door directly below your feet. Go through that, but try to say out of sight of the guards. The man I need is seven cells down and two to the right, and heavily protected. All you need to tell him are these four words - Tuum Domine Deus tuus - And then you get out. The rest will take care of itself, I assure you," He said, nodding to himself.

Five, if he was taking three, that left Aiden with two. He watched the guards, squinting, there was something familiar about them but he couldn't put his finger on it if he tried. Would Alec really need to cover him, though? If he was nothing but a shifting mass of black in the shadows, how well could these guys really see. A voice in the back of his head, an annoyingly common one- not his own, told him not to underestimate these ones. Not now. Aiden didn't respond to the other, only studying his current position. Hell. And quite literally at that too. Though he had no idea where the Hell he was going, Azazel took care of that for him, making a mental map. So they did know the place. Very well. Right. Aiden didn't have anymore time to waste, well, they didn't have anymore time to waste. If Alec wanted him to take out the two, then he would. His pistols of course, wouldn't do, they would make too much sound. He glanced down at his nails, more specifically, his nails...Well, hoped they liked slit throats. It was the only thought that crossed his mind as he watched them turn into claws. Time to cause shit.

They were traitors. Every last one of them. The Nephillim that had crossed over, gone to the other side...

Redmont served Heaven. And Infernum served Hell. Their human side had unfailingly split the race down the middle, and the hate in between the void had strengthened over time. Opposites again, the battle between good and evil raged on on the shadow of earth, and though passive at times, the fire of hate can always be kindled. This was one of those times.

Alec, being a leader in his own right, couldn't stand them. The ones who'd chosen to abandon their families in search for a greater power, to bring destruction and chaos upon the world - and he showed that loathing when he fought them.

Circling around, he got to a position where he could shoot from. The three he'd targeted were directly in his line of sight, though he himself was hidden from view. He raised his bow, already drawn, and allowed what limited amount of power he trusted himself to use into his body. His irises began to glow white as he released the arrow - which seemed to bend it's path in accordance with his will. It shot cleanly through one, two, three heads before embedding itself in a tree farther back, leaving Alec with a self satisfied grin.

Aiden wasn't paying much attention to Alec, doing his own thing- or well as far as his own thing could go whilst still being within orders. He watched them, a disgusted look on his face, as they bled to death in an agonizing silence, their own blood drowning them slowly, filling up their lungs, until they were nothing but un-moving corpses. Well then. He glanced around before turning his attention to the direction his destination was in, or so it was said Azazel. That said he melted into nothing but mist and soon, was gone. He pressed his non-solid self as close into the shadows as he could before soon he melted right into them

When he came back to a solid he wasn't sure where he was "Cells." Azazel reminded him, he blinked, then looked under him. Trap door. Right. Right. Ok. He opened it and slipped under. He froze and immediately crouched behind a bit of the stone that was jutting out. Alec wasn't spewing shit when he said this place was heavily protected "Kill them all?" Azazel suggested hopefully, Aiden did his best to ignore the demon.

Meanwhile, Gabriel had just finishing listening to Kylie explain what they were supposed to be doing. Apparently as soon a the walls were breached, they could go through the dungeon and get to the gates from there...granted they made it that far quick enough. Once word reached the castle that the underground had been compromised, they would not only loose the element of surprise, but consequently loose lives at the same time. The grip around his sword hilt tightened as he grew anxious, waiting for Aiden and Alec to return.

Seven cells down and two to the right, seven cells down and two to the right, seven cells down and two to the right. Aiden had learned the guards pacing patters, how one took up shift after another, but he'd also learned the gaps. It was in a small amount of time, and true, he could've been wrong and calculations might have been off- but there wasn't time to worry. Luckily for him, he hadn't been wrong. Seven cells down and two to the right. Found it. To be honest, it felt really, really stupid to be muttering to a door. Really stupid. But he didn't have the time to play games or stand there idly staring around offly, he had a matter of seconds "Tuum Domine Deus tuus." He wasn't sure what it meant, he wasn't sure what good it was going to do, but he'd done his job. The minute that guard turned the corner he was gone, already, and there was nothing left of him as he'd sunken into the shadows.

Seven years. Seven year's he'd camped out in this god - forsaken place, all in the name of enlightenment. He'd memorized every corridor, corner, crack and crevice of the fortress...and the dungeons. The dungeons alone were so vast and huge, reminding him more of the catacombs then a prison, and he wasn't that far off in actuality. No sunlight, no warmth, not even the emotions of hate or regret. All hope was lost down below, and the halls rang with screams, matching the stench of death as it wafted through it's chambers. The guards were always on alert...but not for him. Why would they be? he was just a human, as far as they knew. They'd probably been in the underground for longer than he had, with no chance to hear of the legend behind those like himself. Because they were the last.

He was meditating in the middle of the cell, it's cold stone floors and walls appropriately decorated with the blood and gore of those that had been there before him. He never paid them any mind. They were all failures to him, failures to have themselves locked in, and failures in their efforts to get out. Of course, one could make the argument that he had been shut inside and away. What set him apart from the captives before him? None other than the fact that he wanted to be captured, wanted to be taken prisoner.

Many wondered why Infernum had let the gates to Hell be built in the underground, in the dungeon, where all their enemies rotted, would take any chance they had to escape...but that was the trick wasn't it? No one had ever escaped. No man, nor angel, nor Nephillim had ever gotten away from it's life draining grasp, and even if one had managed to escape, the horrors they'd seen would be surely enough to drive them insane, making them an easy target. He himself had started to feel the effect of the insanity a time ago, and it was only the Grigorian chanting of the old language that was keeping his mind away from it all, disconnecting it if you will, so that he could not feel, could not think, only soaked in the information of his surroundings and stored them away in a dark part of his mind. His soul was lost, his mind was lost, and he had predicted this, wanted it this way. He was the link. And he would bide his time until the day was right, and the war had ignited again.

Today, it seemed, was that very day.

Those words that came through the door, they acted to reverse the state he had put himself into. The moment his his ears heard the words being spoken, it was like an anchor had been dropped and his mind ceased to wander, the chain yanking him back to reality, his chest heaving with the breath that flooded through his lungs. Now he tasted the death, the sickness. Now he processed the darkness, and the despair. And natural of any human, his first instinct was to scream, to push at the walls that suffocated him, to light a way in the darkness - but he was not any human, and he forced himself to breath, still crouched on the floor in the very same spot. This man was not an ordinary human. No, he was born into darkness, a darkness greater than this one. It was why his kind usually were compared to demons, though they had a deep rooted loathing for them, maybe even stronger than the angel's hate for the unholy ones. But while the demons were masters of the darkness, the Last Ones had learned to adopt it as their own.

The man stood, crossing over to the door slowly, moving like a snake, all his movements fluid and calculated, even though he should have been sore beyond belief from sitting in the same position for so long. He raised his arm to his mouth, and didn't even flinch when he dug his teeth into his flesh, tearing at it slowly, carefully, the blood from the would he was making spilling onto the floor in front of the locked door. He was pulling a metal pin out of his flesh, which had healed over it, making it undetectable to the guards hat had once searched him. Once it was out, his arm did not heal, but it did not deter him from working on the various locks quickly and quietly, and pushing open the door.

He moved silently across the floor, low to the ground, using the corner cover instinctively, his green eyes narrowing as he came upon the first guard, who was moving in his direction, but obviously hadn't seen him. The Nephillim had no time to react as the man's arm moved in a flash, the pin slashing his vocal cords and drain him of blood, only for the killer to pull him back into the shadows. It took only a few moments for him to steal the deceased guard's clothing and armor, as well as his demonglass sword, and for him to plant his own clothes on the body and lock him back inside the cell. Now for the rest.

Nail tapped against the arm of the chair impatiently, electric eyes grazing over the small room, the man was impatient. Very. Behind him, another leaned on the chair, arms crossed, flipping through books he knew he'd never read. To their left, their most important and top priority wandered, even if they weren't looking, they tracked her every move in case she hurt herself "What's taking so fucking long?" The book was tossed, brown eyes followed it down whilst hazel grazed the shelves around them "He's busy you know." She mumbled, picking up the book "I know that," came a hiss "that's why he doesn't talk to us unless he has to. How can you possibly still think he gives a damn-"

"That's enough."

He was cut off, both pairs of eyes fell on the source of the strict voice, who stood "Someone's coming." The two dragged themselves behind the first, watching as the doors opened to a familiar yet unexpected face "Darlings, welcome home."

Aiden was dragging himself back to where he'd come from, going to tell Alec his mission had been accomplished before he was stopped, dragged out of sight. His first instinct was to bite down on the arm, tear the flesh, but he quickly realized that his teeth were no longer sharp as they should be, and much more to his confusion, he was let go. Scrambling out of the hold, he turned to see that familiar face "What do you want?" He addressed Azazel with annoyance, only because out of all the times to stop him, the man had chosen now "To talk."

"Now?"

"Now."

"We don't have the time!" Aiden hissed, Azazel raised his eyebrows and motioned for Aiden to look around, seemingly, the area was locked in place. Time, as a whole, had stopped "Actually, we have a whole lot more than you think, to business then?" He asked, Aiden frowned "Very well." He said, arms crossed "Now that I have your attention, I think I should warn you about somethings." Azazel said, Aiden narrowed his eyes, listening well as he could "You know what we're going to have to risk here, don't you?" Azazel asked, Aiden nodded "I thought so, that said, there's one more thing." Aiden blinked, blankly really, Azazel examined his reaction before continuing "I need you to know that if it comes down to it, it's you over them." He said, Aiden cocked his head "Wasn't that what I was supposed to be risking?" He asked, Azazel shook his head "Then what-" Azazel cut him off "It's not your life you're risking." He said, Aiden cocked his head "But enough of that, there's more we need to watch out for, and I can't have you distracted." He said, Aiden seemed to automatically know what he was talking about "I'm not distracted!" He said, going on defense "Aren't you?" Azazel cocked his head "The way it gets you so riled up, that, Aiden, is a distraction. You need to learn how to ignore that." He said, Aiden's face grew red- only out of anger "I- That's- Can I go back to what I was doing?" He hissed, looking around, time was still stopped "No. This is important Foul." Azazel sounded like a strict parent "I know that! I- Fuck, can't we talk about this later, you know, when someone's life isn't at stake?!" He groaned, Azazel shook his head "You need to grow up, Aiden, and stop being such a child about this. Just because you don't want to talk about it doesn't mean you can brush it off. We're about to go to war, do you understand?" Azazel had him by the shoulders, Aiden froze, eyes glued to the ground "I know." He repeated "Do you?" Azazel frowned, Aiden nodded "Then fucking act like it, or I'll do it for you, but fine, we'll continue this later." Aiden waited for the other's grip to fade before he looked around, everything was moving again. He didn't hesitate to move, scurrying off to Alec and the other.

"That's stupid."

"Daneil please. What he's trying to say is that we're not your lap dogs." Silas straightened up "You think I don't know that? Do you know how hard it was to get your father to agree to this?" The woman glared, behind the two men came a hiss "I told you he cares!" Daneil only glared "It isn't a hard job."

"Then do it yourself." Daneil snapped, snarling, what a pain this was "I don't do dirty work." The woman sneered "I was told otherwise." Briar peeked through her brothers, backing up when the woman took a step towards her, she didn't get far before there were four long, deep gashes across the left side of her face and she was on the ground "You'll leave her alone." Silas said, never growling, only talking in a stern voice "You treat others with such disrespect." She said, getting up "I learned from the best." He said, glaring her down, she made a face "We're not doing anything for you." Briar said, hooking into Daneil's side, who stood like a protective wall "Do it yourself." He said, the woman shook her head "This would've been much easier if you'd just agreed. You're going to be dragged in either way, why can't you understand that? I'm trying to save you the trouble-"

"Stay out of our way." Silas cut her off, shoving her to the side, his siblings following after as they exited the room "Foolish children." Lilith muttered.

Time was running out. More of the guards outside of the prison doors were coming his way, in different directions. He'd sent Marcus back to get the others, as he was counting on Aiden to be back in time, and he ventured farther and farther, nearing the door as he got his back to a wall out of sight of the guards, stepping out only to pick them off one by one. He did not see the traitor Nephillim that had sneaked around the side of the building, coming up on his left flank. The other man might have actually sliced him through and through, and Alec realized just that when the yell and sound of crunching bones filled his left ear, accompanied by the blade that sliced through the air right next to him. He spun, bow now facing the figure with the sword.

He was covered in grime, blood and gore, and somehow smiled through it all. Before Alec could even open his mouth to say something, the man moved forward again and stuck his sword through yet another guard, before giving Alec a look. "Don't just stand there, ya fucklet. Help me!"

Alec snorted, his hand disheartening behind his back to draw two arrows at lightning speed before aiming behind the other man, shooting them at the same time so they flew on either sides of his head, and through two of the guard's.

"Obviously I am...but not to shabby, Kris, for a seven year hiatus. C'mon, we've gotta get back to the others - don't freak out if a small raven haired life form catches up to us, he's on our side," Alec explained, and they darted back through the trees, picking more enemies off as they went.

"You're really getting on my nerves you know."

"That,s my job right?"

"Last time I checked, no, no it's not." Briar groaned. pushing her brother away from the orb, in it, reflections of Alec and his friend, then it switched to Aiden, scrambling to catch up with them, arguing with himself or more rightly, Azazel. Then it switched to Gabriel, she examined him before pushing the vision to the left a little, and it shifted to him "And we're stalking that one becauseee?"

"It's not stalking, Christ, bugger off."

"Tch, you get your accent from your mom you know."

"Mmm." Briar mused, perking up when the view shifted "Where's his wings?" She asked, Daneil lead down to examine the man "Torn off." He stated, making Briar's own wings flutter, mental pain flowing through them "Ow..."

Gabriel had started to worry. He knew both Aiden and Alec could take care of themselves, he had seen both examples of that on two different occasions. And he wasn't worried about how they'd work together...Alec, once again reminding him of Michael, was a born and bred soldier. He knew how to put his own opinion aside when the situation called for it, so there wouldn't have been a power struggle there. No, what he was worried about was the fact of just how much he needed them both. Alec was his son, and he'd be damned if he didn't hold on to every piece of family he still had left, because they were dropping like flies. And Aiden...the feelings he was having towards the man were very strong. The strongest that he'd ever felt them, and it was that which told him it was different from last time. Fuck what his brother said, he didn't know - couldn't know how Gabriel was feeling. Michael was to annoyingly stiff to feel for anyone, no way his brother'd know what something like love felt like. But he couldn't loose Aiden, not now. And he'd protect the man with his own life if he had to, brothers be damned. His eyes snapped up at the sound of their returning, and he had his weapon out in seconds.

Briar watched with some curiosity, tail flicked, her older brother Daneil looking over her shoulder as the three of them, the two hybrids Aiden and Alec, and the...What was he human? Aiden had emerged from the side at one point, finding it best to keep his nose out of th fighting business and leave that to Alec and his ne friend. Daneil scoffed "What a demon." he said, Briar ignored him and chuckled, Daneil hummed questioningly "Look at that one, how pleased he is." She pointed to Gabriel "Well you'd be pleased too if your friends came back alive right?"

"Oh but he's not friends with that one."

"Which one?"

"Thaaaaat one." Briar pointed to Aiden and Daneil squinted, leaning in to examine the hybrid's figure in the small glass orb "Does he hate him?" Daneil questioned, Briar laughed "Quite the opposite."

"Aiden," Gabriel breathed, stepping forward to embrace the man tightly, uncaring if Aiden was going to try to shove him away or not, then nodding to Alec as he followed after. Michael bristled, folding his arms, before looking away from his brother and to the new addition of the group, and he seemed to be...human? He had to be human, there were no runes, nor anything else to distinguish him from being so. And he was covered in blood - blood that wasn't his. Michael stared straight at him, his eyes flashing white for a moment, scanning over only the first layer of the human's mind, and he confirmed it, only to look questioningly at Alec. The king's hand opened his mouth to explain, but was cut off by his companion, who moved forward to stand directly in front of Michael, a smile o his face but the angel wasn't fooled. The man's eyes held an old anger, that the archangel had managed to spark, and Michael quickly pulled out of the other man's mind, and watched as the human ceased his icy stare to address the group.

"My name Kristoff Elessar, and I am of the Ultimae...although most simply know us as The Last Ones. Alec and I...we have fought together on the battlefield and he has, in fact saved my life, and I him. It is because of that I am choosing to trust you lot, and to get to hell's gates no less...that and the fact that I want to find my Terashiel as much as all of you," he said, and Gabriel pinpointed his gruff accent - Australian, it seemed like. Fair enough, for the earthling. Gabriel, much like his brother, was analyzing Kristoff in his own way. The blonde man's emotions were spiking dangerously, in all sorts of directions, and Gabriel stiffened, arms still wrapped around the demon hybrid. The guy was a ticking time bomb. Thank god he was human, or they'd have had a real problem on their hands...on the upside, he seemed to be keeping himself stable somehow, even keeping those razor edged emotions in check when he was speaking. And the human had saved his son's life or so he'd heard. Any mundane that could hold his own in a battle against celestial beings was going to worry him, but he was glad this one was on their side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back