• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

This is it, the apocalypse 1x1

Aiden released his nose with shaky hands, probably because of the pain, he was obviously bleeding. The blood sizzled against the cold air, well, it wasn't cold but it was most definitely colder than his internal body temperature. He watched the blood slowly evaporate. He waited till it was gone until he started rubbing his nose "It's fine." He muttered, despite the pain as his nose attempted to go back to it's original place, which just made it all the worse, he flinched, but soon enough it was over and everything was fine again "Gh."

"Do you really want to know that bad?" Matthias asked, sparing the other a glance before turning his attention back to the sea. They were approaching the island, closer than ever, so if he really did have the everlasting need to know- might as well do it now. Or, well, somewhat do it, as he didn't plan on telling him straight up.

"Ah...ok then," Gabriel said quietly. He wanted to move toward the room on his right, but something kept him rooted to the spot. Most likely his terrible instincts - seemed to keep getting him in trouble. So he stood, looking down at Aiden with an expression that could only be described as the 'Oh shit' face. He cleared hi throat, deciding to get it over with and at least attempt to salvage the situation. "Look, about earlier..."

---

"Fine, don't tell me. Gives me reason to keep talking to you. Even if it is in riddles, " Alec mused, then suddenly decided to ask another question, one that didn't actually pertain to anything they'd previously been talking about. "Do you think my father thinks that I hate him?"

Aiden was about to walk away, oh was he ever, but he only got one step in when he brought it up. He debated just bolting or not, but would that really help? It would only delay this. Might as well get it over with. He turned, staring straight at Gabriel "Hm, what about it?" If they were going to do this, he might as well get it over with now. It's what he kept telling himself that, even if he didn't want to talk about it. What he wanted to do was pretend like it wasn't a thing, like he had before, but that was no longer an option.

Matthias blinked, looking down, avoiding the thing about what he was he took the chance to answer this instead "It's a possibility." He said, assuming that Alec was talking about Aiden. He himself knew the two disliked each other, but hate? That was a little strong.

Last edited by a moderator:
What was he supposed to say? That he didn't care that Aiden had a demon inside him when he did? Or that he did care that he had a demon inside him, but Gabriel didn't know how to feel about it - how to act about it - or what to do in the slightest. Everything he was feeling was confused, everything tainted with the alternate option, and all of them ended in Aiden getting upset with him, and Gabriel feeling like a complete arse. So he decided to just ignore everything, all the conflicting thoughts inside his head that had emerged from what he'd seen, or what he'd been told, and he focused on the on that made him feel.

So maybe he wasn't entirely in the right mind when he placed his hands on either side of the smaller man's face and leaned down to press their lips together, but at the moment, he couldn't have cared less.

-------

"It's bothering me. I mean, I did, for a while. And then I figure out it wasn't even really Aiden who was egging me on, it was that thing in his head," Alec said, more thinking out loud now than pondering over an answer. "I mean, it's sad really. How do you think It happened? I always figured hybrids would have to be born, like myself..."

Aiden blinked, feeling as though they'd been standing there forever before it happened. He didn't know what to do, everything seem to shut down at that point...Everything except for that damned blush, and oh did it spread, it wasn't just his ears, it was his face, down his neck, across the tops of his shoulder, like a wild fire- speaking of the likes, the same 'defense' mechanism that Aiden had accidentally used on Tera was happening all over again, at increasing rates by the second. By the time Gabriel had pulled away, the hybrid was steaming, quite literally "You..." He hissed "You..." He tried to think of the words to say, but it came out most terribly "Fucking warn me next time!" He tried to hiss but it came out as a shout, that said, Gabriel was left behind the clicking heels of the other "Matthias, tell me we're close to that damned forsaken island!" Was the last thing heard as he marched upstairs.

Matthias pressed him lips to his fist, thinking about it "Hybrids...Aiden, wasn't born like that. Couldn't be, he was born before demons came into play. It was most likely, if anything, a safe play on the demon's side. It could be possible to say that Aiden had him at the point where it was either that, or being sent back to Hell, and it would take him years to come back out of the abysses. So he buried himself in Aiden's head." Matthias explained, how he knew, he didn't know, but he had the feeling Aiden had told him. In another life, back on Earth. He perked up when he heard his name "Sir?" He straightened himself when Aiden came up, shouting about the island "What? Yes, we are, what's wrong with your face?" He said, examining all the red across Aiden "What's wrong with your's?" The hybrid snapped, Matthias put his hands up in defense.

Gabriel stood in the hallway for what felt like a good ten minutes after Aiden had gone - no, stormed - off in the direction of the stairs. The hybrid was basically boiling hot after he'd stepped back, and now, so was Gabriel...Or at least, that's how it felt to the angel, explaining the heat wave of embarrassment and...well...rejection that had washed over him the moment the shorter man had disappeared from view.

After those long minutes, he simply turned and went back to his room, deciding that there was no way in hell he'd be convinced to go up. Especially knowing that both Alec and Matthias would be up there. He just returned to his own quarters, and tried to keep himself from jumping ship at his own stupidity until they reached the island.

------

"Maybe it's the pants," Alec observed, after listening intently to Matthias's rendition of Aiden's creation. He'd have to look in to that later. Right now he was more focused on his plans. "Do try to cool off though, you are standing in a wooden ship, and if I drown a mile away from our destination because you spontaneously combusted, I swear, I will haunt your ass."

"Drown me, it'll save me the trouble." The hybrid grumbled, that was before he started pacing around the deck, trying to focus his mind on other things. Matthias studied him intently. Something was up, something had to have been up. He watched the hybrid before finally calling to him "Aiden!" The hybrid's head snapped up at his name, Matthias motioned for him. He certainly wasn't going to ask him about it, not with Alec standing there, so he went for the next best thing "Need help?" The one eye'd man asked, Aiden was sizzling, and the wood under him was starting to turn darker from the burn "Get it over with." Aiden said, sucking in to hold his breath. Matthias blinked, then flicked his head to the right. Water seemed to crash into the side of the ship and soak Aiden to the bone. When it was over, Aiden shook himself off, the steam rolling away "Thanks." The hybird muttered, shaking himself off. He would dry in no time.

"What - you...that was amazing!" Alec exclaimed, standing off to the side, wide eyed at what he'd just seen Matthias do. His face shone with excitement as he marveled, wondering how Matthias had accomplished such a feat. "What was that?"

------

It was amazing how two words could change a defeated man's entire disposition. At first, Gabriel's mind had ignored them, focusing on the hybrid's reaction rather than the words he'd spoken. Things said under such circumstances tended not to make any sense anyway, why would this case be any different? But then he'd thought about it. And thought about it some more, and he couldn't help clinging to the small chance that....well...his feelings weren't actually one sided. Because that made it a hell of a lot easier to deal with the fact that he was literally ignoring everything his kind were created to fend off.

Matthias looked over at Alec, then chuckled "What that? Just a trick of the sea." He shrugged, though a small smirk passed over his face before quickly disappearing. Aiden was already drying off, his body heat coming back up to what it once was normally, not scorching hot, but certainly not cold either. That said, he looked over at Matthias "Funny, he thinks something so small is amazing. He certainly hasn't seen you-" Aiden received a elbow to the side "Don't you dare." Matthias said, not wanting to give Alec something to bug him about for the rest of his existence. But, Aiden was right, it was a simple trick out of what he could do. Like the way Alec shot a simple bow when you knew he could do much more damage than he was. Though, he knew it was probably already too late, that Alec might demand to see all that he could do. It was only when he looked over he saw Aiden eyeing his eye-patch "Try it and I'll cut your hand off." Matthias said flatly, Aiden laughed, or something close to it "You say that like I can't reattach it." He said "You can't if I throw it to the bottom of the sea." Matthias said, Aiden blinked "Well played my sea worthy friend, well played." He said, looking ahead they were officially coming up upon the island.

Alec was practically in a world of his own at the moment, only not asking Mathias about his powers because he was going over the millions of possibilities of cool water related things the man could be able to do - As well as still trying to figure out exactly what he was. An idea was already starting to form in his mind, but it was so unbelievably rare that he couldn't let himself confirm it, even if every other possibility so far had been ruled out. He turned, and noticed Michael, followed by his brother, making their way up from the stairs, the older angel rubbing at a spot behind his shoulder blade before he dropped his hand back down, holding the map from earlier in it. "Well...now that everyone's here....land ho, anyone?" Alec said, peering out from under his hand as he made out the shore.

Aiden studied the shore, Infernum...Gabriel had said the capital were at the gates of Hell. How...Off. Why would they take Tera here, and what would anyone want with the girl...And how could anyone deal with her for so long? Aiden had only encountered her once and she'd already set him off. Dealing with her for three whole days, the trip from Redmont to here, and then more? Oh no, no no no, whoever it was, they must have been either extremely sane or downright insane- Or, now that he thought about it, maybe they gagged her "Don't zone out on me now." Aiden shook his head, looking up at the voice, to which was Matthias as they closed in on their destination. His expression asked an excellent question 'Are you ready?'. Aiden thought about it, then looked back up, nodding firmly. Matthais seemed pleased enough with his answer.

Gabriel shuddered as he studied the bank. You'd think the cot of any island would be the same...sandy beach, maybe some had more rocks and/or trees than other, and then the water lapping at the sediment. Bot in this case, no not at all. The water was...oddly still, there were no waves whatsoever. the sand wasn't really...sand, it was discolored, dark, and seemed to have a bit of a clayish texture to it. Even the sky above them had lost it's brightness and was now cloudy. It was practically created to throw people off guard, he thought. He watched as the other ships slid up, and one man from each got down - presumably the last two member of the team - and waited for them below.

Once docked, or well, not docked rather parked...Er, whatever boats did. Aiden wasn't sure. Either way, he followed everyone else when they departed from the ship. A small, tiny fringe of familiarity hit him once he'd stepped onto the shore but it quickly faded. Tugging at his own jacket he glanced around, well wasn't this a friendly looking place. For somewhere that housed the gates of the Underworld this sure was...Oh how did he put it? Peaceful. Maybe that was just him, or maybe that's what one was supposed to think before they got sucked in and never came out. The thought hit him, that they might not make it out, but that thinking wasn't going to get him anywhere. Though, just by looking ahead into the island, he could already tell there was going to be a handful ahead.

Gabriel climbed down from the ship, feeling very grateful for the feel of solid dry land under his feet - even if it was Infernum. He watched as Michael passed him as he stood to take it all in, heading over to Alec, who'd gone into military mode, instructing his soldiers on the ships and also the two that would be coming with them. He'd grabbed his bow, as well as an assortment of throwing knives and daggers, and Michael himself had his world renowned sword. He'd lost his wings, not his ability to fight back, and as of now it was something he'd wanted to prove not only to his skeptical siblings, but also to himself, that he wasn't completely gone. As for his mental stability? That remains to be seen...

Gabriel was sneaking looks at Aiden when he figured the man wasn't looking, unable to help himself from acting like a dam schoolboy with a crush. he wanted to know if the possibility was correct...but there was no way he was just going to come out and ask him. He followed them off the shore and into the woods, deciding to catch up with the group.

Aiden stuck his hands in his pockets, looking around, blinking when he felt something in his pocket. Pulling it out half way he looked down- suddenly pleased at what he saw. His pistols were back, he didn't know how didn't care why but those, without a doubt, were his. He looked back up, shoving the weapons back in his pocket.

Matthias, unlike Aiden, noticed Gabriel's behavior. He leaned down to whisper to Aiden "So what'd you do to him?" He chuckled, Aiden glared harshly "I didn't do anything." Aiden hissed, Matthias cocked a smug brow "Oh?"

"Not that! Matthias so help me, while you are my best friend I will shoot your other eye out." The two went on and on, whispering and hissing at each other... Though the hissing was more so Aiden.

"Brother..."

Gabriel turned groaning, knowing what his older brother's tone held in store for him. Michael dragged him to the side, a bit behind the rest of them. he figured Aiden and Matthias wouldn't noticed, talking among themselves, and Alec was too busy leading them through the dark forest. "Gabe, what did you do?"

"Nothing important to you, alright?"

Gabriel shrugged, looking straight again, hoping to avoid the conversation, but knowing that hope was in vain. Michael was just as stubborn, if not more so, than Alec was. especially when it was pertaining to a topic such as this one.

"Gabriel."

"What?"

"Tell me?" Michael asked, though the way he said it it was more of a command than a question. Gabriel finally spoke again with the truth, staring straight ahead, not wanting to see his brother' reaction when he told his piece.

"I kissed Aiden. Ok?" he snapped, then breathed out in resignation as he felt his brother tense beside him. "And...I don't know what he's feeling. It's like he's hiding it from me," the younger angel muttered, a feint blush covering his cheeks as he said it.

"It's a three day ride back you know."

"I will lock myself in the room."

"They don't have locks and- three days Charlot? 72 full hours day and night?"

"Are you telling me I can't?" Aiden seemed to take that as a challenge, Matthias only looked ahead and laughed "Don't do that." He said, knowing well Aiden would try it just to make a point. Aiden grumbled something before glancing around. As if expecting something to jump out, he glared into the distance. Matthias himself looked around, he didn't trust the island for a second. Though, he couldn't help but glance at Aiden now and then with that knowing face only to look away when the boy hissed at him. A moment or so passed as the two walked before Matthias spoke up again "So when you shouted 'next time'-"

"Matthias, Ray, Harrison. I will slit your throat if you do not stop talking." Matthias blinked, looking down at Aiden as he raised his eyebrows in surprise "Did you just use my full name?" He asked, having long but forgotten it "I did. What are you going to do about it?" Aiden waited for an answer, Matthias looked dumbfounded "Well...Nothing I guess." He muttered, rubbing the back of his neck.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Do you - how have you even..." Michael struggled for the right words to say. Gabriel scowled, not at all appreciative of where this was going, but at least his brother didn't seem to be angry. Yet.

"Do you even realize what you're getting yourself into? Are you...sure these feelings you have for him, that they're real Gabriel?" he asked, careful to keep his exact feelings to himself. He did not want Gabriel to be with Aiden. He just plain didn't. It mostly had to do with the fact that there was an evil demon in his head, and no matter how much his brother thought he liked him, Michael couldn't trust him completely. And he didn't want his brother to end up like him.

"Look, I don't think you should - "

"No. I don't even want to hear it," Gabriel cut him off, shaking his head and storming ahead of him, ignoring the heat on his face.

"Ray Harrison..." Matthias repeated his name, Aiden looked over at him "Did you actually forget the rest of your name? That is sad, Matthias." Aiden said, shaking his head at the other "No one has used it in forever. I can't even remember my family. Do you...Do you remember your family?" Matthias looked down at him, Aiden adverted his gaze to the ground "No." He said, it was plain and simple, but at least he wasn't alone "Ahh, well, I'm sure we'll figure it out one day."

"Yeah, when some old lady is breaking down your door with her cane asking where her grandkids are." Aiden snorted, Matthias chuckled "That would be something, wouldn't it?" He asked, looking up towards the sky, Aiden nodded "Aye, it would." He said, wondering how close they were to their destination. It was obvious he'd no patience...A lot like another demon he knew.

Alec stopped talking for a moment and turned around, sticking the hybrid with his gaze. "Aiden, can you...I mean if you wanted to...phase through walls? I mean, I know demons have that shadow thing going but I wasn't sure about you...?" he asked, trying his hardest not to sound like an ass at the moment. He was not only curious, but anything that could help at the moment was now fair for exploitation in his mind. "We aren't going to storm the gates, obviously. But, as far as I know, there are only two entrances to the underground network that houses the dungeons. That's through the castle, or through a secret location controlled by some very dangerous people. Still, we can't risk being discovered going through the castle, and lucky for you, I've got a man on the inside of Mors Domus - the second entrance...but he has no idea we're here. The way to alert him is a bit more complicated, and I'd rather not have to get myself captured to accomplish that."

Aiden almost made a face. Almost. He hated it when people didn't expect him to do the same as any other demon, but then again, Alec just 'wasn't sure'. While there was a difference between not knowing and not expecting, it still pricked his pride. Either way, he turned his attention to the task at hand "I could, if I pleased, yes." He muttered, thinking about this 'complicated' way to alert whoever it was Alec had waiting for them at Mors Domus. Whatever that was or meant. He should've probably known but he wasn't thinking too straight in terms of...Well, terms. He could feel Matthias's eyes on him, knowing well the man wouldn't like him going off on his own but he would simply have to deal with it. He could do it he was sure. Well, as sure as one could be at this point at least.

"Great. I'll tell you your part when we arrive...shouldn't be long now actually, and same for the rest of you lot. For now, just check your weapons anyone, and for God's sake, don't leave anything behind..." he finished, before addressing the man and woman in front of him. "This is Kylie, and Marcus, obviously here to help us out...both Nephillim, like myself," he said, and the woman nodded, while the guy laughed a bit. "Don't worry," Marcus started, gesturing to the king's hand. "We aren't all as bad as he is."

Alec sniffed, giving Marcus the evil eye, who only laughed more and even got the girl to smile.

Aiden made a smirk while Matthias tried his best not to laugh at the teen. Good to know the team had a sense of humor unlike the rest of them, who seemed to be all but too serious. Well, most of them. Now that Aiden was looking at him, Gabriel didn't seemed too pleased. The hybrid assumed it had something to do with the mission, didn't even give it a second thought or for a second that it could have been something Micheal said, and turned back to those in front of him. He was all but too pleased to hear that they weren't far from where they'd been heading, he didn't think he could just stand this walking for much longer. He needed something to do after being on that boat for so damn long.

He couldn't take it any longer. As Alec had said, they were almost there - and he wanted to know. Needed to know, how Aiden felt. Gabriel came up along side him, patching his pace as he looked down at him. "Aiden, can we talk? Please?" He tried to keep the hint of desperation out of his voice as he asked, his eyes flicking to Matthias for a second before looking back at the hybrid. This was making him more...well...self conscious, he supposed, by the minute.

"Mm, last time this happened you almost got your face burned off." Aiden said, though, he himself gave Matthias a glance and the other automatically backed off and slowed his pace to walk behind them. Aiden kept his eyes straight ahead, arms crossed as he waited for orders from Alec, something he was looking forward to more than discussing his unnatural burst of mixed emotions. Which, mind anyone, was how he'd described what had happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back