• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

This is it, the apocalypse 1x1

Gabriel's jet black wings fluttered slightly as he noticed her glances, but he said nothing. He didn't fully trust her...yet, but Aiden seemed to. Or maybe it was a demon thing? He wasn't sure, but whatever the other man's reason was, it reassured the angel, and that was without adding the factor that regardless of which branch of the family tree Briar was on - they were related. He nodded at her words, still staring at her thoughtfully before dropping his arms and putting them in his pockets.

"You know...I feel your pain," Gabriel said, a quizzical smile coming over his face as he went on to explain. "It's both a blessing and a curse, being the youngest, isn't it? Aye, it's tough, and your father wasn't even as protective of me as he is of you - though I had four other siblings to make up for it," he laughed, running a hand through his hair as he remembered, putting his foot up on one of the many random crates on deck, and resting his elbow on his bent knee. "Course, my being chosen to be the messenger angel only made things worse. So many outings, and thrice as many the questions. 'Twas worth it though, even if I did have to deal with your father telling me how inept the humans were at everything. Till this day I think the only thing he ever enjoyed that I brought him from the mundanes was hot chocolate. Of all things, too...."

"He only likes it scorching, three marshmellows." Briar muttered, more to herself than to the other but rather she'd spoken her thoughts aloud. She wondered, just for a split second, just what her father was doing right at this moment in time. What a question. Her mind then flicked over to the task at hand, Redmont, yes thats where they were headed. She wondered, just how long exactly it would take to get there- they only had so much time, so many days, a week to be exact, how interesting. How well could they prepare for war within a week? She'd never seen nor heard of it, but this group, they didn't look like your normal story characters- or something out of a book at all. No, they were much more real, and so were their actions, the whole thing was quite exciting to think about actually. What wasn't was going to war against her own father but, she supposed, drastic measures called for drastic actions, and she was taught that if she wanted something to strive for it. So, if she wanted her father to gain a sane sense of mind, she would simply have to destroy all he'd created- make him think about what he's done, and though that sounded like something you would do to a child, it was so opposite in this occasion, wasn't it? Teaching the devil himself a lesson, unheard of, and yet here they were trying to accomplish just that. Wasn't this just going to be a grand game.

"Yes of course..." Gabriel mused, before his expression turned serious again. He sighed, then folded his arms, body rigid as he directed his next sentences at the girl point blank in both manner and mindset, his stark black wings shifting as he changed his position. From what he could tell, Briar was a fairly levelheaded girl, and he hoped he could trust her to see his point in the topic he was about to address. He was sick and tired of fighting among the people aboard the ship, or had been aboard anyway, especially when he knew almost for certain that there would be more fighting and bloodshed later. The youngest archangel had never doubted his brother's abilities - both of negotiating or of his rarely used brute force - until now, that is. He had been - he was still angry that Michael had kept whatever was between him and Lucifer concealed...or would have explained a whole lot, that was for sure. Sure he remembered back when the mutos had overrun them and whatever sick angel affecting disease of the mind Lucifer had set loos on the earth was taking over them, he remembered the pain, the torture, even if he was spared. He remembered his other siblings going through much worse - and he had always wondered why Michael took it more than any of them. Just as he had been partially spared, Michael was more worse off than any of them, the insanity taking it's hold much quicker, and much much harder. He remembered his brother screaming things that didn't make any sense at all, calling out for strange names he had never known. He wished the other would have told him, at some point, some how what had happened, what he'd done. But he didn't, and Gabriel had been thrown off guard - that could not, would not happen again. No more surprises they couldn't afford...

"Look, I need to know if you're on our side lass - or if you're takin' a side at all. You can't possibly want to destroy you father can you? Or maybe you do - but I need to know which. I can't have you hear if you put the others in danger, not if you're going to flit between your blood and the blood we want spilled, shifting loyalties hasn't ended well so far, and it wouldn't for you either. So are you with us? Or are ya against us?" Gabriel bit out, looking Briar in the eyes with his icy green ones.

Briar tilted her head, so serious he was. Whilst any other time what her father did wasn't any of her business this was certainly taking it in a bit of a stride- a long unnecessary stride. It was a curious thought, why Gabriel would question her side. She was, after all, her father's child so if she wanted them a dead she would have most certainly gone for it already- how easy it would have been to damn the ship right there. Surely she would be putting her own life at risk had she, stuck in the middle of the ocean with little energy surrounded by a fleet that would most likely want her head for the actions she'd commenced- but, that was if she'd wanted them dead. Had she? It had not crossed her mind. Does she? It still has not. Will she? They'd best pray not, her angelic mercy only went so far, but her sword went farther. Enough of this, however, while she was not offended that Gabriel questioned her allegiance she certainly could of feigned hurt for him not trusting her. How bad did she look? Then again that was the most dangerous part, she supposed. Either way, she opened her mouth "Turn me whichever way you'd like, but, unless you know how to vanquish a Pureblood- and that would be going off the assumption that you'd known about veiled plans throughout the war, which this I do doubt, you might be needing my assistance. To which I would be more than happy to offer whichever the costs despite it including the possibility of my own family's blood painting the streets." She said, never having once broke eye contact with Gabriel, that would have made her look like a liar and this she was not.

"If you were anyone else id be against the spilling if your own kin's blood, I am not fond of pitting other's against their own. But I am part of your family, whether I like it or not, and I suppose it's partly a family matter then - no matter what happens we all loose...unless Michael was successful. Which I doubt. But we souls prepare for everything - if Alec hasn't dragged an accurate description of your abilities yet, he probably will, an as you can see were going to need every ounce of strength we can handle," Gabriel finished, offering her a small smile, trying to make up for his earlier seriousness in way of letting her know that his distrust wasn't on a personal level. No, Gabriel hadn't really been able to trust many, it was no longer his nature. To many times he'd been played...honestly the only person that had a clean slate with him both ways would be Aiden. And he didn't care what anyone said, he wasn't going to let that one go...

"Pureblood, though. What is that...and why do I have a feeling I should be worried about it?"

----

Alec sighed into the back of Matthias's jacket, before moving to his side, though not letting him go as he looked up, curious again, but more of a tame curiosity this time. He had a feeling the other didn't appreciate his obnoxious tendencies, and he didn't know why he bothered, but he attempted to tone it down a bit for the other's sake. He looked on, waiting for the taller man to notice, his blue eyes wide and clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Worried? Mm, one way to put it." Briar said, pausing, thinking to be more accurate, then perked up "Ahem, you see, funny story. A PureBlood is an immortal Silhouette made during the war against the 13 Mutos and other demons. It is in fact a she, by the way. The Mutos were made for distraction while the demons, with the help of my father, made their own version of god to ensure that no matter what, their plan to take the second level would be a success- and it was. The plans were to extend Hell. It was dad's idea, being the power hungry demon he is- always looking for a way to one-up... Well, everyone. He's been successful so far, now there is Hell and Earth- which is being personalized into another version of hell. Since there are only three Muto left, there is only so much time the PureBlood can use to repopulate, as that is her job and why it's female...An immortal that can forever spawn demons. Can't be killed, but can be defeated- and normally we would've had more time but something woke her up a long time ago and I'm still not sure what. Fun times." Briar said, making a sarcastic smile as she clapped her hands together... This would be a joy

Matthias blinked, feeling the breath of hot air against his back. It'd been an exhausting ride- at least for the others he'd give them that, so he really couldn't blame 'm. Though it was on his blind side, Matthias could still feel Alec's stare. A skill he'd accumulated over years of having people stare. Cover it up, he'd thought, it would draw less attention, he'd said. Quite the opposite. He did, of course, tilt his head to look at the other, his expression questioning if he needed anything.

"Good lord...Ok first of all, whatever you do do not let Kristoff hear you," Gabriel muttered, running a hand through his hair after processing all of that. The human would go ballistic if he heard that his planet was about to become the nesting ground for another race of demonic creatures, and basically another hell, or like Briar had said - an extension of it. Hell he'd reacted the same way the single time Lucifer had set his sights on corrupting heaven - the one time he had witnessed his two eldest brothers fight tooth and nail - or rather angel and hellfyre - over one thing and one thing only. Though he now knew that that particular battle had been fueled by something even deeper...

"Second of all - you know how to defeat it? Well feel free to clue me in. I thought the Mutos were bad, as the last three are the strongest. I couldn't even take one of those on my own...granted, I was weak and there was no way to connect to the source of my power on the defiled earth, but Alec has sworn to take care of that, and It's the pureblood that obviously is the key to expose the flaw in Lucifer's plans," He spoke, then had another idea. "Actually - we should all be hearing this. Meet me below deck in an hour...tell the others will you?" He asked, the idea that had emerged obviously giving him some kind of hope.

------

"...Who are you Matthias? I'd have said what, but that question is no longer valid. No, I want to know who you have been," Alec spoke, coming around further until his arms were around Matthias's waist at the front, though he was significantly shorter and did not block the other's view of the sea. The wind was still blowing through his long hair, and he ignored the strands that attempted to cover his eyes, matching the mentioned sea as he stared up at the other, seemingly human man. Alec's mind couldn't be fooled though, he was not only mundane, there was something more, there had to be. He reached up, his fingers grazing up and over the other's coat as they had a time ago, though he was more interested in the digits floating higher this time. His skin brushed the other's chest, then collarbone, neck, then his jaw - Alec was truly dragging it out now, half out of his curiosity and half out of enjoying the feel of Matthias's skin under his fingers. He stopped, just over the man's cheek, the tips of his fingers hovering over the patch that covered the presumably damaged eye. Alec hummed, the sound vibrating between them as the Nephilim was pressed flat against the taller being of his own doing. "May I, Captain?" He asked, blinking rather slowly, as if time itself had slowed when he waited for an answer.

"Yes, sir!" Briar made a more genuine smile, wandering toward the group by the wheel, purposely narrowing her path down towards Aiden as Matthias and Alec looked like they were busy. Aiden had been leaned against the railing, back to everyone else as he stared at the passing sea, Briar only tugged on the back of his attire, automatically catching his attention as he perked up "What was that about?" He asked, though, while his tone said he was curious his expression said otherwise and she wasn't sure which one to believe. He was either hiding concern or he truly wasn't interested at at. Who knew "The man said that we all need to be below deck in a hour for a meeting of sorts." She said, Aiden blinked, having never heard Gabriel been called 'the man'. Then again, Briar had only been introduced to three on the ship, well four counting Cam, which left three. She still didn't know Terra, Kris, or- as seen, Gabriel. However, that aside...Meeting, was it? He cocked his head, "For what?" He asked, seating himself now, having been tired of standing "To discuss the PureBlood, I think." She shrugged, sitting down beside him- waiting for the two behind them to be done. Might as well spend the time bonding, if you could call it that "PureBlood..." Aiden hummed, the word, catching Briar's attention "You're familiar with it."

"I've heard of it."

"No, no, you've seen it." Aiden blinked at the words, squinting at her "I think I would know if I've seen something like that." He said bluntly, Briar realized she'd worded her sentence wrong "Well, not you, but you. I mean- ahhh, Azazel. He's seen it. You could tap into his memories, if you wanted." She pointed out, causing Aiden to remember the days when Azazel tapped into his own memories. That was Hell, having to remember his family over and over. He, however, didn't know how- but the ability sounded useful and it didn't seem like Azazel was objecting "I can direct you, if you want, seems we've some time." She said, glancing over her shoulder, then back at Aiden, who tilted his head. She made a split grin "Ok, so..."

It would have been a lie to say that Matthias didn't at least tense when Alec's hand nearly his patch. The eye behind it was naturally closed for a reason, so, even if it somehow fell of the eye behind it would be concealed. It was interesting, so say the least, how Matthias kept that eye closed twenty four seven. It had become second nature after a year, and after two it had become default. He had to think about it to actually open the eye and seldom did think about it. If he could, he'd take the eye out...But that had been the problem in the first place. He supposed, though, that the other could only be kept wondering for so long and at first, he would admit, the game had been fun...Though, he was still curious of what Alec would think of it at all. If anything that was, he was sure Alec had seen worse, but he doubted he'd seen anything with it's...Quirks, yes, that was the word. After a grumble or two, Matthias turned his one eye elsewhere, a sure signal that he wasn't going to stop Alec if he did in fact take the eyepatch off.

The teen surveyed the others action with upright before discarding it, and letting his fingers lightly grasp the edges of the patch before he brought his arms up while standing on his toes, bringing the strap over Matthias's head, and bringing his hands back down slowly as he stared.

Alec had expecting something a little more...dead. Maybe an old fight wound, a scar through it rendering it useless - maybe just the white blank stare of something the other had been born with. He didn't see the seroent's eye staring back at him coming. He froze, confused for a second. There was nothing else to suggest that Matthias was something other than human - other than the strange feeling Alec got when he was with the other, or the display with the water and Aiden earlier. So he was lost for words when he tried to come up with a plausible reason for this.

He didn't find one at all. But what did surprise him more than the eye itself was the uncanny handsomeness it brought to Matthias's face. It made him look...dangerous. And paired with stellar jawline and that tan skin, what would have been out of place seemed only to add an air of mysteriousness around the other, even though Alec had almost literally unmasked him. The Nephillim gazed in appreciation, for once a loss for words.

"You...wow..."

Matthias's gaze hit the ground when his eye opened, once, twice, and there the eye was. The slit pupil expanded instantly and took in all that it could. It had been years since it had seen then light of day. It had been so long since he used it, and he only ever did in the utter darkness of the patch. This wasn't just an eye, the thing was a damned weapon.

When he'd first gotten it, things had started small. His glasses of water splattered, the waves became disorted, the plumming exploding... Either way, it could still see, he could still see, and that's all he'd wanted. But then things got worse. His emotions would awaken it, like it had a mind of its own, and things got bad quickly. A self defense mechanism he couldn't control once let loose. So, he patched it. What it couldn't see it couldn't attack, and the less stares the younger boy would get.

That was then, though, and this was now. Matthias learned self control, just not self esteem. Besides, having refused to use the eye- unless he absolutely had to, he had no idea just what he was capable of... Oh if only he did. But, he'd long since learned to live without the eye's assistance, now however a pricking curiosity seemed to be dragging acknowledgement of it's existence out.. Along with the twelve year old boy with the 'snake-eye'. Ah, the amount of times Matthias would correct the older boys, yet to no avail. Was a shame... They all drowned.

Alec stared - it was like he was mesmerized by the damned thing almost, which probably wouldn't be surprising to Matthias given Alec's track record for interest in the unknown. He wondered what it could do - maybe it was the cause of Matthias's ability to move that water earlier...he already wanted to know the extent of it's power. Matthias's power, and however it came to be that way. But one thing was for sure, Alec could feel it's power, now that nothing was shielding it. He noticed Matthias's other eye however, lower itself, for reasons he did not quite know, but intended to figure out. He looked down at his own hands for a moment, the strap he'd pulled of clutched between his thumb and forefinger, before he looked back up at the other and dared to try and get his attention, now feeling just the tiniest bit bad about removing it, not because he hadn't seen anything extraordinary - which he most certainly had - but because the other seemed far from comfortable with the exchange. He reached forward and pressed the strap into the Captain's hand, looking sheepish as he did so. "I'm sorry, I won't ask anymore if you don't want me to," he offered, guilt rather than disappointment covering his face, before he thought to add something else. "But if you don't mind me saying...you are quite...mesmerizing."

Matthias had wanted to close the eye, whilst Alec was staring, but for a moment it had stared back at the nephilim. For a moment it studied Alec back, up and down, absorbing his image and all that he was- on the outside at least - before its pupil slit again as if reacting to Matthias's own sudden spark of shy. Its gaze then hit the ground like the other eye, staring absentmindedly at the wheel of the boat. The amount of times his eyes had gone two ways at one time was... Uncountable, actually. He did have a hard time controlling which way it went and what it saw but then again he was very passive with it. Never aggressive unless agitated and that's when the water started impaling people... What an accident that had been. That was the past though, that was all the past and he needn't worry too much about it. He couldn't seem to help the eye though when it drifted up to gaze at the sea whilst he focused on his eye patch. He could feel, for a single moment, the waves hitch under them and the boat ride ever so smoothly over a single wave. So it was testing its own ability, or practicing. Whichever. It quickly closed, however, when the patch came over it. Matthias doing his best not to get flustered as he cleared his throat, trying to pass Alec's second statement and focusing on the first "It's fine." He said simply, trying to find something more than two worded sentences or simply none at all.

Alec nodded, looking away for a second, before deciding to try and lighten the mood, though that moment was far from forgotten in his mind. He reached for the other's hand again slowly, threading his own fingers through Matthias's longer ones thoughtfully, leaning against him again. "You know - I don't sail as much as I used to. It was a big part of my training really, since I liked it so much, but being the King's hand and all I haven't had time to just enjoy it. I find It unjust to keep such a treasure floatin in the docks without use for such a long time, can't give her the love I used to," Alec chuckled, squeezing Matthias's hand. "You, however...well. I want you to have her - to keep her, if you will," he added, glad he had thought of the idea and at a time like this no less. Of course some of the other Nephillim would be pissed, but he could care less. Not now. This war would not be carried out in the water, if it still happened that was.

Matthias felt better, normal, once everything was back in place. He hated the way he turned into something like a damned sheep when his eye was open- he couldnt seem to for sentences or anything of the likes. It was little more than embarassing and a blow to the ego he would never vocally admit he had, at least not to anyone but himself. He did try to focus on something else, something to get his mind off that tidbit. Well, the sudden chill against his hand was something. Not exactly chill, actually, no, but it wasn't heated either as he wasn't sure what to call it. His attention was quickly won over when Alec leaned into his side. He stared ahead but all over his thoughts had been put on hold as he absorbed what the other had proposed. Matthias seemed to react almost instantly "Really?" He question, then cleared his throat trying to shove down that childish excitement and sound something like a more leveled man "You don't have to." He said, trying to cover up his initial reaction.

Alec scoffed, though he hadn't missed the other's reaction. It was interesting, to say the least, to see that kind of excitement be brought out in the man - something Alec wouldn't mind seeing or causing more often than once. "Of course I don't have to. I wan't to. It's not often that people prove me wrong, in anything for that matter - much less show me up at something I had thought to have considerable knowledge about. It'll serve you better and with more purpose than it did me, that's for sure," he added, pleased that Matthias hadn't pulled away from him, though he wasn't quite sure why. The first time he supposed he'd taken the man by surprise with his forward actions, and even then it had only been because Alec wanted something out of him, and he knew people were more likely to give something up if they were distracted. Very distracted.

And then he'd realized he'd taken a liking to Matthias. He was the most normal person he'd encountered on this endeavor except for maybe Aiden at first - but then look how that had ended up. He tended to annoy people, it was something he hadn't really cared about much to be honest, but Matthias didn't seem to be bothered by it - or maybe that was because Alec was making an effort to keep it as such.

"She's all yours," he spoke again, adding a smile. "Don't even try to pretend you're not pleased, I can feel that you are..."

Matthias ignored the scoff, or rather liked to think he did. His excitement was like a child on Christmas day and that was not something he approved of. If one knew him, and to be honest only one person did- and he meant knew him well - then they knew that he had two sides. This side he tried to give off which was something like the sturdy silent type...Or the...Dork who would ramble like a nerd about boats and the sea and follow you around like a puppy all day and whom loved being praised. Yeah. They didn't talk about that side, not at all. Seldom did Matthias and he had a feeling one of these days Aiden would whistle at him and tell him to 'heel'. Sad thing was is he would listen, but not because of the wording mind anyone. Two sides, yes, and only now did the other get a glimpse of the second. Mmph.

Matthias glanced at the sea ahead but it only held his interest for so long before his eyes dropped back to the speaking Alec who, most pleasurably, was speaking the exact words that Matthias wanted to hear. Oh one would not, could not, count the days he'd been wanting a ship of his own. His simple longing to sail was a strained one and for so many years had been in vain. To be honest he hadn't been trying to show Alec up he'd just been, as Aiden would put it, 'nerding out'. Matthias wasn't the brightest, that much one knew, he was about as scholarly as anyone his age- only excelling in forging- as in making weapons - and ships. Both were something he'd taken interest in, forging had come from a hobby to somthing that he did well. It had been a time passer for when he was tired of sitting at the beachline and staring out longingly. One of the only times he would take his patch off. This aside, he watched the other's lips pull into a smile. He ignored the last part "I've no idea what you're talking about, regardless, you have my thanks." He said, as genuinely as possible, whether that was for denying his excitement or thanking the other- or both.

"What else can I have?" Alec murmured, the words out of his mouth before he cold stop them, and he was quiet for a second, trying to decipher the meaning of his own words. He already knew he liked Matthias.But just then he had gotten a look at the man - a good look, and he had a feeling he had seen something that most others would never dare dream of witnessing, but besides that, there was something else he realized. He had realized something else about himself, that is.

Alec was never really attracted to anyone. Never. H was too busy doing other things, that or he simply didn't want to be bothered with it, there were too many other topics to research, things to do, to be dawdling around trying to find a love interest - he'd considered himself something of an asexual. Of course, he had no problems using himself to get the answers he needed, mostly because the acts themselves meant nothing to him, he felt nothing. So it had worried, then excited him when he relished he did feel something towards Matthias. He wanted Matthias, in every sense of the word, and unlike he'd ever wanted anything else. And just like anything else he'd set his eyes upon for scientific reasons, he wasted no time in going after what he wanted or needed. He simply went for it. Didn't care who was around, where he was, or what the circumstance was.

He shifted, pressing himself closer to the man as he leaned up, still clutching the other's hand with his right, his left making it's way up the other's chest, flitting off to the side only to make a fist in Matthias's wide jacket collar, tugging down on it so he was in range of the Captain's face, hesitating for only a moment as his striking blue orbs stared, before closing the distance and pressing his lips to the other's. He didn't know wy he wanted to do it - though one question circulated around his head before he did...could he get Matthias's heart to beat as rapidly as his own was in this moment?

Matthias hadn't paid too much mind to the question, in fact, he hadn't looked into it like Alec had thinking it something more literal than that of...Well, however else it was meant to be. Matthias was Matthias and it was usually Aiden who understood such stuff- that wasn't to say once it was explained to him he didn't understand. He understood most things, maybe not their true natures or meanings but he knew their general meaning. It was needless to say that Matthias wasn't exactly well rounded with gestures and things of the likes. Everything he'd learned, social wise, was from his parents or from his experiences outside the house when he occasionally took the wrong turn and ended up in the overly crowded streets of Redmont or he was stuck inside only to gaze out the windows at passerbys. It wasn't his fault that he didn't know the certain things that he did but this aside, he wasn't sure what Alec was going for when his hands started wandering. Matthias only assumed that he'd wanted something again and that he was after more answers to his questions. He was quite wrong at that.

Matthias didn't process, really, what was happening when he was pulled down to Alec height. His mind switched to the guess that maybe he just wanted to tell him something. Also quite wrong. Maybe it wasn't the fact that he wanted to tell him something but he wanted something from him and whatever that was Matthias couldn't seem to process. He'd pulled back, as if on instinct, not used to such forward actions- he'd used his forearm to put distance between him and Alec- accidentally shoving him into the wheel which was probably prodding uncomfortably at his back "What're you doing?" He asked, genuine confusion coming over his face, that and his furrowed brows. He didn't get it, having ever only been kissed by his mom and not like that.

Experimenting? Calculating? Manipulating? Alec wasn't even sure himself, now that he thought of it, and those were certainly not the words to describe whatever had driven him to do that. The problem was, he had no idea exactly what had made him do it, and the moment he felt his back painfully meeting the blunt tipped part of the wheel behind him he knew he shouldn't have acted on it. It was foolish of him, and inconsiderate - and his sharp intake of breath and wide eyes were a reaction to the pain, though he figured he deserved all of that, and whatever would come next. And then, surprisingly enough, nothing did. He should have known Matthias wouldn't be the violent type, but he'd expected at least something, anger, disbelief - and what the teen was met with was a look of complete and utter confusion, with a hand pushing him back and away fro the other against his chest. He listened to Matthias's question, to his own surprise.

"I - I..." Alec found himself unable to make coherent words - again! In the span of under ten minutes, and all because of this feeling. It had to be explainable, everything was explainable, but how...Right now he couldn't even focus enough in his embarrassment. He blinked again, shutting his mouth, knowing he only stuttered when he was nervous, a bad habit so unlike himself that he wouldn't allow it to go any further, even if it meant standing there rather stupidly with Matthias's unanswered question. Or at least, Alec wouldn't be the one to answer it.

Camille peeked out from around the side of the Captain's right leg, peering up at him incredulously with her mismatched eyes. "Mattyyyyy don't you know what a kiss is?" she asked, and Alec blinked when she turned her gaze from Matthias to him, a little wary of the mischievous glint he saw there, and the feeling that she could see right through the both of them. "I'd tell you why. But he doesn't know - so neither can I. But he likes you...he really likes you," she giggled, taking a few steps away only to raise her arms as her wings fluttered behind her and make her hands into a heart shape. Alec had never blushed so hard in his life.

It was only when Alec made the sharp intake that Matthias withdrew that arm, he'd hadn't meant to do that, and a tinge of guilt took at him when it happened. It had only been his initial reaction, he'd done it for so long- pushing people away that was- literally. It'd be a lie to say that he noticed Camille against his right leg because to be honest he hadn't so much as sensed the child. So when she spoke his eye fell down towards her imidiately "I know what a kiss is." He'd said, rather bluntly, he knew and that was the issue. That and the fact that he'd never been kissed on the lips, and wasn't too keen on what that meant, only ever seeing it when his father would leave in the mornings and return in the evenings. His mother and his father always exchanged such kisses, thought when he left the house his mother only kissed his forehead- so he'd assumed that that was reserved for rather intimate and special people and- and his train of thought completely just crashed. Malfunction, it was as if that single thought had completely just messed up that thought process. Well, that was just great. Just dandy. Matthias let his eyes travel over to Camille who was still talking and now making a heart with her hands, he'd only heard half of what she'd said- well no that was a lie. He'd heard exactly what she'd said first and exactly what she'.d said last- in the middle was a blur.

His eyes, or rather his gaze switched between Camille and Alec, as if waiting for either to continue. His own thoughts had drawn a blank but he knew two things. One being that this situation was surely awkward, and two being that he wished he was eleven again so he could slip away like he always used to. He remembered the days he'd stow away in the pit of the ships and then break out last minute so he wouldn't get caught aboard. But, he couldn't do that, not now, so he simply set on buckling down and trying his best to resist the urge to move- he'd tough it out he supposed.

Camille watched the expression flit across Matthias's face before glancing at Alec, who was obviously trying to regain control of himself and his awkward position. She wasn't exactly sure what the big deal was - maybe Matthias didn't like Alec back. If that was the case, she wouldn't have been able to tell even if she wanted, it was all confusion coming from the Pirate, and Alec was...well, Alec was too. But his was speckled with some kind of...sadness? She could just barely make it out. But she sensed that she needed to leave the two, so she did, but not after catching Matthias's thoughts about his parents. She frowned, wishing she knew enough to control her powers so that she could actually see them...but no luck. Thoughts would have to do, they always had - she'd never met her parents, but she lad longed to dearly. Maybe soon she would, and they would welcome them with open arms and big smiles like those movies she'd seen - they could be a family again, if they ever were that...

She tossed her curls over her shoulder and headed for the stairs, wondering what she would find below, as she had yet to explore the lower regions of the massive ship, and there would be no better time than this.

Alec had gone from dark red to pale in a matter of minutes, daring to breathe out only after the girl had left, feeling the man move his arm away. He didn't avoid Matthias's eyes, though he doubted the other would meet his own. He was...regretful, about doing what he did, not because he hadn't wanted to or hadn't liked it, but because Matthias obviously didn't feel the same - how could he? Alec had basically - no, he had forced himself upon him. Stupid moments, few and far between the were with Alec, but this one was no exception. The worst part was, that he didn't know what to say. He couldn't put whatever these feelings were into words, so instead of saying what he wanted, he said what he thought Matthias would want to hear. It was a talent of his, the ability to speak as others wanted him to do - it was part of diplomacy and if it served it's purpose, so be it. Though he would still feel empty as he spoke, and that was reflected in the very words by his own doing.

"I...I apologize, I should not have touched you - It won't happen again," He muttered evenly, slipping out of the space he'd been pushed back into before crossing the deck away from Matthias, aiming for the far end of the ship where he decided he'd stay for the time being.

Dark eyes flipped from Matthias, who still looked guilty, then to Alec, who was walking away looking like a pale...Thing "Well, that cant be good," Briar muttered scratching under her jaw before turning back to Aiden, who's eyes had gone fully black as he stared off into...Well, no direction in particular "How're we holding up here then?" She asked, cocking her head, Aiden grunted- obviously dstracted while he shifted through memories until he found it.

It was warm, hot, humid almost. Footsteps echoed down the hall, the boots thumped against the stone ground as black hair was pushed out of his face. Azazel reached out for the door, opening it up to find Abaddon already there, he always showed up early. Couldn't handle being late, whilst Azazel on the other hand found it fashionable to be late "I see you're immersing yourself in literature again, Don." Azazel said, coming to lean against the chair the other demon was seated in. Abaddon pushed up his glasses, never looking up as Azazel smirked down at him, reading over his shoulder, it was something about the Overworld "Blah, you and humans." Azazel rolled his eyes, funny, how they were created by a man with no care for them and yet his brother seemed to have so much interest in them. Abaddon had still yet to raise his gaze "We can learn a lot from them you know." He murmured, Azazel let his fingertips brush against the book spines that lined them from all directions "So you say..." He muttered back, turning to face Abaddon's back "Tick tock, and I thought that I was always the late one." Azazel said aloud, referring to the man downstairs, none other than Lucifer, who had set up th arrangement "I've been here for at least an hour, I wouldnt know." Abaddon shrugged, Azazel rolled his eyes "Of course you have, always so early, what do you gain out of it?" Azazel asked, coming up beside him "Well, I do get to talk behind your back before you arrive, that's always a plus." He replied, finally looking up with a smirk, Azazel arched a brow before reaching out and flicking the other man's glasses- ultimately they shattered. Abaddon sighed, hearing the other chuckle "Of course." He muttered taking them off before tossing them to the side "If thats how you want to play..." He stood, ready to take those white gloves off his hands before the doors swung open "Gentlemen." A very tired and restless, but excited, looking Lucifer came rushing in "I've done it." He said breathlessly, the two before him exchanged glances "Done what?" Azazel asked curiously, taking a step forward, a firey glint flickering in his eyes "Yes, pray-tell." Abaddon followed, Lucifer grinned, something he hadn't done in a long time "This way, we've no time to waste now." He said, rushing out, the two hot on his heels as they strode through the coridoors, progressively going deeper and deeper into that of which was Hell. Finally they stopped at two double doors, titan sized they were, and neither Azazel nor Abaddon were familiar with them...They looked over at Lucifer, who resembled a giddy child. That was...concerning. He shoved the doors open, fully, and there she held. A newborn Pureblood, curled up within the heat of the Hellfyre she'd been kindled in "What is it?" Azazel whispered, seeing that the creature was sleeping "A god." Lucifer muttered, eyeing the creature with an adortion the two had seen few times in their lifespan "Immortal, she'll flood the levels with demons unlike anything they've ever seen. They'll never be able to hold back the neverending waves."

"Can she now?"

"No, not now, she'll need more time...Azazel, head above ground. Abaddon, send the Mutos with him."

"Yes sir."

"What?"

Aiden blinked, the black in his eyes being sucked back into his pupil before his eyes went back to normal. He must have said something, gotten too synced with the memory, as Briar had a confused look on and her head seemed tilted. Aiden waved her off "Nothing, it was nothing." He muttered, rubbing his eyes, feeling like a nice cat nap could've done well right about then. Briar looked at him skeptically but shrugged it off "So, how was it? Did you see it?" She asked, he shrugged "I doubt it looks the same..." He muttered, rubbing his eyes for a second time "Cool, wasn't it? I've never seen it...I wonder what it looks like. Tell me about it when you don't look so dead, will you?" Aiden blinked, he didn't realize he looked 'dead'. Maybe he'd used a little more energy than he'd meant to...Yeah, that was it.

"Hey - where're you going?" Gabriel asked, but wasn't quick enough apparently as the child zoomed past him on the steps leading to the top deck, and he stared after for a moment, sensing something different in her usually happy go lucky persona - but continuing up in favor...or rather, concern...for the things he could feel at the surface brewing. Confusion, guilt, and then that very strange third. Luckily for him, it was strange but he had encountered it before, though it was stranger still coming from Aiden, and now knowing what resided in the dark corners of his mind, Gabriel understood why. What he didn't understand was why for a few moments, that darkness had seemed to lurk over the emotion almost deliberately. But why would Aiden deliberately tap into that part? Whatever the reason, it had to be a good one, and it worried the Archangel as much as it made him wonder, which was quite a bit at the time being. They couldn't afford to loose a grip on reality, and there were too many ways to do so, especially now. Feeling his brother tap into his mind earlier and reel him into another one of his dreamscapes - what he'd said while there...Michael was slipping away from him, mentally and physically. The older angel claimed he could find his own way back from Infernum, but that wasn't what Gabriel was worried about. The question was, could Michael find a way back from the path to insanity he had reopened for the sake of their very cause? Probably not a second time.

"Aiden...? Are you alright," he asked, needing to make sure the man was OK regardless of the news on the tip of his tongue. Nothing had changed from the day Gabriel had brought him past the gates - Aiden would always be his to take care of...he'd die before he let anything take Aiden from him, especially that demon. Unbeknownst to anyone else, Gabriel had made it a personal mission to attempt to figure out how to get the thing out of Aiden's head without killing him. But for now, there were much more important matters to tend to. He approached the other, placing a hand on the side of his head, his green eyes narrowing as he studies the other. It was as he'd thought, and Briar was correct, he had indeed looked rather corpse - like. But why - "Why have you delved into...Azazel's side?" he asked, refraining from using the rather painful word he wanted to call the demon inside of the one he loved.

"I need sleep." Aiden muttered, rubbing his eyes for a third time, Briar arched a brow "You look like you might not wake up if you do that." She said, cocking her head a little further before her ears twitched. Footsteps. Needless to say she'd retreated elsewhere before Gabriel had arrived- not wanting to get in the middle of the two's conversation, whatever that might be. Aiden's gaze raised when his name had been called, or rather put into something close to a question. He wasn't sure 'alright' described his current condition but then again it never did. Did it? The answer to that was no. His naturally bright eyes seemed somewhat dull. That was, probably not the smartest idea now that he was thinking it through, and he might've- should've warned Azazel at least or gotten consent. Whoops. He yawned, gaze settling on Gabriel as he arrived to him. If he was looking at the other correctly, that was worry etched on his face. Mm, he didn't need that, someone worrying about him that was, he could handle himself...After he slept, though Briar's last words weren't the most comforting thing in the world.

He pushed the thought off when he'd been asked a second question, he shrugged lightly "I was looking for something." He said, rather nonchalantly at that. It wasnt too bad, he'd just never done such a thing before. Surely he'd grow used to it, yes, it just took time. He did wonder what Azazel was doing. He hadn't reacted to anything and he hadn't sensed him in a while though he was certainly still there as he'd just tapped into his head. His attention must have been focused on something else, but what was the question. Either way, it didnt much matter, Aiden should have been paying attention to his own condition, or if not that then the concerned Archangel in front of him.

If there was one time he was actually glad the demon was inside Aiden it would have to be now, and only now. And only because if Gabriel could have seen and physically touched the demon right about now, he would have ended up starting a fight they didn't need. He didn't like how much of a toll it was taking on Aiden though the other would never admit it - and he didn't need to. Gabriel didn't even need to try and decipher his emotions even if he could because he could see it with his own eyes and it bothered him, even if whatever Aiden was looking for was to benefit them all. He sighed - again, before doing the only other thing he could think of, and pulling Aiden close to him, in something humans would have referred to as a hug if he remembered correctly. For comfort. And he was trying, as best he knew how that was, and comfort was what he was going for until he found a way to make that thing causing him such stress separate from the body he'd chosen to inhabit.

Gabriel was torn between the many thoughts spinning in his head really - the war itself, the Purebood especially, his brothers and how the hell he was going to deal with them, and now Aiden. They needed to talk about this - them - if the other considered it to be a them. Gabriel did, regardless of what new situations it would bring - he'd welcome it. But dealing with things as such he was not good at, not initiating conversations he had no idea how to lead into. But for now he would let it go, at least until Aiden was feeling better. He'd need his strength for this hell of a meeting anyway - the war could not be ignored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back