• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

This Can't Be Happening…(Saphire and Paint

"At least for a week…" she said.

"My godparents are strict disciplinarians and very organized. They will want a week to get ready and then whip us into shape." She sighed. "I'm not exactly looking forward to it."

A tiny smile, "I know the feeling. Alright, you can stay as long as you need." She was in much the same position as he had been... and he wanted to be able to help her this time. Not like when he'd faced it, to have someone completely supportive at her side... he grabbed her in a short hug, "I mean it. As long as you need. I'll claim guardianship if I have to."

She nodded and smiled. "Thank you. Now let's go, my sister is probably terrified. Dammit I shouldn't have let her go by herself!" She rubbed her forehead and said "Sorry Jatrina. Never say that ok?" Her sister nodded.

A small smirk, "You'd be surprised how strong children can be." He walked out the door, adding "I'll drive you, so hurry up! The faster we get there the sooner your minds can be calmed down." Even if they wouldn't be happy.

She nodded and got I to the car and sighed. She said "Make sure you're seatbelt is on Kat." She sighed and looked out the window and criend softly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once everyone was in the car, Sean waited until he could be certain of the younger siblings safety, he started to drive. "Ok, so... the closest hospital is..." He didn't know out of the top of his head, but he drove in the same direction he'd seen the ambulance go, glad that he could do something for them.

She sniffled and kept crying. "He adopted us. He adopted me when I was thirteen. No one adopts thirteen year olds. They adopt little kids. He adopted me and my two little sisters who had been there since birth. I lost my real parents and now I'm losing my foster parent."

A frown, "I... I see. You owed him a lot, then." He couldn't hug her, nope... but he could offer her words of comfort. Even if, in the end, they were only words and she deserved better. A calming breath, and then... "I can't talk for him, or for your godparents, but... I can say this from experience. Often times the worst thing that can happen... might lead to a better outcome than you would expect." He'd found a new hope after his, after all.

She nodded and bowed her head. "I just…I'm not ready for this. Not today." She looked at her scars and said "I haven't been since I met Montoya…" She looked at her new scars forming and saw the black eye she had appearing.

A sad smile, a tired nod, "I know. I can't say that it'll be okay, not right now. Maybe after you've had time to think about things, and your fear isn't as all-encompassing, but now... now I can just be there for you." They were getting close now, he knew, the ambulance was right in front of him and going to the hospital he could now see. "Anything I can do I will."

She gave a depressed smile and stroked his arm. "You have no idea how much that means to me." She then went back to a frown and bowed her head. "Not today."

"I... I see." He didn't say anything else until they arrived at the hospital, him getting out of the car and quickly moving to help with the younger sibling. Sean sighed, and to think this had all started with him teaching his new students in first period. At least something good had happened that day... but it wasn't enough. Not if Katheryn lost her father.

Kathryn took her sister in her arks and cried softly as shame went in inside and waited. She saw Ivy in the waiting room. She hugged her sisters and said "It's ok…" She had tears streaming down her cheeks but tried to focus on soothing her sisters.

Sean followed behind them, keeping unusually silent. Normally when around people he would be talking constantly, but right now... now he was worried about them. His finger began to tap on one leg when he sat down, a frown on his face constantly... and then he hit his palm with a fist. "I know! Katheryn, could I talk to you for a minute?"

"I... I want to try calming your sisters down. Do you mind?" A sheepish smile with no mirth, eyes looking worried.

She nodded and said "I'm gonna sit out here for a little bit. I just need to be alone..." She sat in a bench in the garden and cried. She bowed her head and sobbed, unable to stop the tears.

Sean nodded, "I understand. Take all the time you need." Then he walked over to the twins, a small smile on his face, and asked them almost conspiratorially, "Do you want to play a game with Uncle Sean?"

"Of course you can!" A smirk, and he began to play with the twins, games like horsey; knights and dragons; anything he could think of that little kids like them liked to play. Sean just hoped that by keeping them calm he was giving Katheryn time to do whatever it was she needed to... and made this day a little bit less scary for them.

A doctor came out and whispered in Sean's ear "We couldn't save him, he was gone before we got to him. I'm sorry." He went out and told the same thing to Kathryn, who broke down and wept. She went inside and hugged her sisters close, sobbing.

Sean stood back, looking lost. How could he help them now? He... he could offer them a home, a place to stay, even money for the funeral, if they wanted it, but... He knelt down a brought all of them into a hug, letting just a few tears fall, sorrow for a lost life he hadn't known. It wouldn't matter how much he said it, but... "i'm sorry."

Katrina said "S-Sissy…Daddy not coming back is he?" Kitty said "He isn't coming back. She sobbed and held her screaming and crying sibling. She looked at Sean and sobbed. She saw her god parents and stood up, going silent. The nodded at her and she bowed her head and then lifted it again. Her godfather waves his hand and she relaxed. She still couldn't speak until they spoke to her. Her godmother was very sweet though and she ran over and hugged her new godchild.

What was almost a glare, is that any way to treat grieving children, had been carefully hidden behind calm, sad eyes. Sean straightened up, and walked over to the godparents, offering a hand to the husband, a sign of greeting. He didn't speak just yet, remembering her warnings of him being strict.

Her godmother hugged her and said "Shh Kitten…it's ok..."

"And who are you?" her godfather said tersely, not taking Sean's hand. He glared at Kathryn and said "And why are you here?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back