• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

This Can't Be Happening…(Saphire and Paint

A young sixteen year old girl named Kathryn, nicknamed Kitty, is a shy and reserved girl who is bullied often and tries to keep herself hidden as much as possible. But there is a new young teacher in the school and she might come out of her shell.

Kathryn woke early on the morning of September 2nd. She shivered when she got out of bed and put on her pink glasses. Kathryn then got dressed into a pair of blue jeans, an orange long sleeved, low cut shirt and a warm knitted pink sweater. She buttoned the cute sweater and brushed her long brown hair. She then headed downstairs and made breakfast for herself, her family still asleep. She finished and brushed her teeth. She pulled on her combat boots and picked up her backpack and went outside and waited for the bus.

A relatively young man, twenty eight years old, fresh out of college, and hoping to make a splash in the world of education. His name was Sean McDougal, he had blue eyes and brown hair, a winning smile and books to spare. His new job was waiting for him, his students for his tutelage, and the world was open to him!

September 2nd, day of hope and bright sky! Well, they would be bright, once the sun rose. Until then he drove to the school, window open, smelling the bright sky, and hot chocolate in a cup next to him. Once he arrived at the school he walked up to one of the secretaries, and asked almost chipperly "Which one's my classroom?"

"Room fifty seven in the library building. First one next to it, you're teaching what again?" The woman was glum, unhappy, and thoroughly put out.

"Whatever I'm asked to. I think that in the morning I'm doing either History or English. Haven't checked my schedule yet!" The woman's glare is ignored as he walks towards his classroom, humming a happy tune.

Kitty sighed and got in the bus. She pulled out her book. A boy smacked it out if her hands. She glared at him and said "Give it back." He laughed and kept it. She sighed and leg rthe bus once they were at school. She found her locker and out her stuff in it. She grabbed her stuff for her first class, history. It was also her home room. She headed to the room and saw the same guy who had stolen her book before. He pulled out her chair so she fell.

Sean had been happily saying hello to all of the students, but stopped mid sentence when he saw what had just happened. For a brief second what looked like anger could be seen in his eye, but it was quickly covered by his normal expression as he walked over to the girl, holding out a hand to her. "Hi, I'm your teacher, Sean McDougal. Are you alright miss... Katheryn, was it?" The smallest of looks at the instigator, he'd deal with that one later.

"I hope this isn't a normal circumstance, I'd hate to find out someone was doing this on purpose. I want us all to get along." For now, he just gave the kid a nondirect warning. All the while he smiled, looking as though there wasn't anything wrong with the world.

Kathryn nodded and laughed in her head. "He has no idea." She stood and sat down. She sighed and rubbed her head. She had hit it on the ground. Her antagonizer sniggered and sat with his feet up in the desk. He threw the book at her and it hit her head. She growled at him and picked it up. She sighed and massaged her head again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean saw the exchange, now a slight frown on his face, but didn't quite react just yet. In a flash he was back to being a happy-go-lucky guy, but let himself bump into the bully as he walked, a soft "Move your feet, kid," the only clue he'd accepted the young man's presence. Walking quickly over to a fridge he had been given, why it was in the open he didn't know, he took out an ice pack and walked back to the front, giving Kathryn the ice pack and a wink as he moved. She'd need a bit of watching, before someone hurt her really bad.

The bell rang shortly after, and he stood in front of the class, book in hand and eyes twinkling merrily. "Welcome to Sean McDougal's American History class! Now, before we get started I'm going to set up three rules that you absolutely must follow in my classroom." A deep breath, face turning stern as he was, for the moment, All-Serious. "One: No bullying. This means no hitting, pranking, poking fun of, teasing, or any other form of disrespectful actions. This room is a safety-net, and I refuse to have it tainted by your petty squabbles or utter hatred of another student," a glare at the young man he'd bumped into. "Two: I want respect to be the language spoken here. That means no nicknames, dishonesty, or otherwise mean-spirited actions. I will enforce this as necessary, all of you. Whatever your problems with each other, unless you're asking for advice it's left at the door. Three: So long as these rules are followed, have fun!"

She smiled a bit at him and put the ice to her head. She listened to him ramble on and on. "Hmm, maybe with is one is different." she thought. All other teachers would be dispirited and forlorn whilst teaching. She sat up a bit straighter and dipped her head, beginning to doodle in her notebook. She sketched her horse CeCe.

The boy didn't react when the teacher nudged him and ignored the glare, playing with his phone underneath his desk. He glared at Kitten who turned her head and looked away nervously.

Sean sighed, "Now that's not very respectful, Mr....?" He trailed off, giving the kid a chance to fill in his name while he walked over to the kid. Now standing in front of him there was a slightly upset look to him, not much, but enough to let the child know he was on slippery ground now. Until now he'd been calm, humoring the kid, but right after he'd given the rules the child was acting disrespectful. "Put the phone away. I don't want my first lecture to be on manners, and I'm sure you don't either." If the child refused to the phone would be confiscated, it was well and fine to have it out when they were done with work... but not while Sean was talking.

The kid just sat there and laughed. He got up and left a note on Mittens desk. He walked out of the room and went to the bathroom without asking.

Kitten held her breath as she opened the note and sighed. Another threat. Now this time she was going to get physically hurt. She groaned and tucked the note into her backpack and pi her head in her hands. She was sick of the abuse from that boy. She looked at Sean and then back down at her desk.

Sean frowned... eyes now looking decidedly unfriendly, that was both rude and mean-spirited. A kid like that probably had his own issues, but... what could be done? After all... he was very rude and disrespectful. Sean was kind, not stupid. "Katheryn, if you need help with anything let me know." It was a low request, he quickly returned to his normal expression, but wanted her to know that he would be there for her. Someone had to be, and he had just elected himself.

She took out the note and handed it too him, her head still in her hands.

It read "Meet me by the library after school. You'll pay miss goody-two shoes."

She groaned and muttered to heralded "Not again…"

"Well. It won't happen that way this time. Meet me in my classroom, Katheryn, before you go. I'll join you." He was not happy with this, and it showed. This kind of treatment, to a nice woman like herself? Unthinkable. And all because of some slight she hadn't had anything to do with? Because Sean had been doing what he was supposed to? Well. The storm behind his eyes wouldn't quell quite so easily now, but he did somehow manage to hide it. Moving forward to the class, note crushed in his fingers, he began his lecture happily, looking for all the world like nothing had happened.

She took noted as he went on and on. She kept writing and writing. The boy came back and as he walked by her desk he hit the side of her head. She winced and ignored him. She kept writing until the bell rang. She packed up her stuff and the boy kicked her bsckpack when he left so it all spilled out. She sighed and put it all back in her backpack, used to that sort of thing.

((I'm going to name the boy, Ok?))

Sean taught about the colonial times, for the first class. A sort of setting-like lecture, he explained the technology, culture, and common practices or traditions. He'd always felt history was too dry, too factual, when he was learning it, so he brought as much life as he could. When the kid, Montoya as the roll said, came in and hit her he had, luckily, quickly turned to write another thing, making a note that this kid would need more than a simple lecture on manners. Once he was again calm he turned around, putting three marks on Montoya's little bar, he had hoped to not need to do that. "Mr. Montoya. I'd recommend you rethink your attitude." The only comment towards the boy for that class period.

Once most of the students were out of the room he walked over to Katheryn, crouching down to help her gather her things. A small, apologetic smile graced his mouth, "Are you ok, Katheryn? I hope I don't end up just making things worse for you." It was a fear he rarely aired, but in this case... it was justified. "My room will be open during lunch, if you need a place to hide."

She shook her head and said "At this point I'm used to it." She smiled at him and said "Thank you anyway. You don't need to come today, to the thing after school. I'm used to it." She finished gathering her things and threw her backpack over her shoulder. She smiled softly and left, immediately getting tripped by Montoya. He kicked her side and he left. She moaned and sat up. She sighed and stood again.

Sean watched her go, honestly looking saddened by that. How could she be used to something like this? To being someone's punchbag? It was so sad... and he found himself gripping his clipboard angrily. She was suffering, and she didn't even want help with it? No, he'd help... even if all he could do was separate the two of them. Eyes hard he stalked off, glad his break-class was second period. Katheryn wouldn't be in a class with Montoya any longer... not of he had anything to say about it.

She sighed and was kicked again by him. He kicked her again and again. She cried softly and he finally left her alone. She stood and whimpered. She sighed and headed to her second period class.0

Sean's eyes, now filled with an unbridled fury, fixed on that same secratary he'd seen earlier today. "You. How do I get a meeting with the principle?" No more Mr. Nice guy. No, he'd be taking this situation down immediately. She wasn't going to suffer anymore. Not in his class... and not ever if he could help it.

"You have a reason to meet Ms. Dissonance?" He nodded. She took out a paper, gulping both in surprise and fear, "T-this. Fill it out and bring whatever's set you off with you. She's free right after school."

She was bleeding a bit during second period and held her side. She cried softly and took notes, tears staining her notebook. She finished taking notes and sighed, still crying.

Sean hid his anger, but it never faded... once more he returned to his room, resolving to get a first-aid kit for it the next chance he got. That one kick, which he had assumed was the only one, looked painful... and he could not think of anything else to do for her until the issue was dealt with. She deserved more help than he could give...

She cried softly and the bell ran fo me third period. Lunch. (I know that's unrealistic but whatever.) Sge moaned and limped out, still holding her side. She was pushed into the lockers by Montoya. He growled at her and punched he run the stomach. She winced and whimpered. She limped into her home room and said "C-Can I hide h-here?"

"Of course!" he said, letting her in and locking the door behind her. He had out lunch for two, having just barely gotten out of a forced meeting... and grabbing both just in case. It never hurt to hope, after all, that she would come and escape the beatings. "I... think I have some bandages in my bag, if you want..." He said after noticing the blood on her clothes.

She nodded and winced. She wrapped the bandages around her stomach and side. She moaned and sucked in air through her teeth. Tears fell from her eyes as she said "I'm used to it…"

He grabbed her shoulders at that, looking at her with worry and sorrow, "Don't say that. It's not something that you should be. Not something you should have to deal with." He would have hugged her, but... he doubted that would be good for her side.

She needed comfort so badly and hugged him gingerly and cried into his shoulder. She just neede comfort. Her life was constant abuse, at school and at home. She never had a time where her life wasn't threatened and she was so stressed. She hugged him and sobbed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back