• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

This Can't Be Happening…(Saphire and Paint

He was surprised, but smiled gently and tapped her back softly, trying to calm her down. "I'm here now, Katheryn... I'm here now." It was all he could say, really. She'd been in pain, probably for a very long time... and he just wanted to be there for her. "you've done well, holding on for so long..." It didn't reach such heights overnight, after all.

She hugged him and tried to calm herself down. She sniffled and said "I-I'm always under siege…here and at home…he follows me home and beats me up on my way home, he beats me after school, he beats me before school, he beats me during school! And at home he threatens me…through texts and emails…" She sniffled again and wiped her eyes.

A tiny growl, he'd known it was bad, but that much so... A deep breath, "I can help you with his physical abuse, I'll do my best to get him expelled." Gently, carefully, timidly he put his hand on her head, stroking her hair, "And I'll take you too and from school from now on. Get you a new email, and a new phone, I can become a wall against him... if you want?" He certainly had the time.

She nodded and said "I-I need help…" She hugged him again and said "Will you h-help me?" She looked up at him, her eyes still brimming with tears. She sniffed and wiped her tears away. She held her side lightly and looked back up at him, her eyes full of hope.

"Yes." The certainty he had when he said that was filled with his entire life of the world. Eyes that had been filled with hidden fury froze, becoming an image of pure determination. He would not let this continue... ever again. "I will protect you to the best of my ability, Katheryn." No doubt was allowed with something like this. Someone, a student, needed him and he was going to help them as much as possible

She hugged him gently and said "T-Thank you." She said "I need it…" She sniffled and sighed. She looked down at the food, thinking it was all for him and sat a desk away. He had stolen her lunch earlier so she didn't have one. She sighed and drew her knees to her chest, rocking back and forth.

Sean smiled, "Want some? I grabbed two servings by accident." She didn't need to know it was for her, not really. And it would be better if she ate something she looked too thin for normal. "I mean, only if you want some. You might want to eat whatever it is you brought."

"Montoya stole my lunch. I'll have some of this if it's ok." she said shyly. She waited for his reply before eating and studied his features. He was quite handsome. She smiled and blushed a bit at her thoughts.

"it's ok. Go right on ahead." A small nod, he didn't mind at all... that's why he had grabbed it. Hopefully she'd take the hint and keep coming as long as she could... Food was important, more so the nutrition. Might help her heal better.

She smiled at him and ate a bit. She was very hungry but years ago she had been told she was fat and had starved herself. Her stomach had shrunk to the size of a baseball so she often didn't get enough nutrition. Her family didn't have enough money to pay for her surgery she need though. She just ate as much as she could which wasn't much and stopped eating.

He looked at her worriedly, mid bite, but nodded. "If that's all you can eat right now... have you tried spreading out meals?" It was something he'd learned, working with some of the more anorexic people at his old school. If they were recovering, and had some reason why they couldn't eat a lot, the spread small meals throughout the day.

((Note, I made that up. No clue if it's true or not.))

She shook her head. "That's a good idea. Can I do that at school?" She looked out the door and saw Montoya. He saw her and glared. He ran to the door and banged on it even though it was locked. She knew he wouldn't give up until he broke the door down and slipped out. She let him beat her up badly and then slipped back inside and locked the door again. She curled up into a little ball and cried.

Sean frowned, hand reaching out to grab her before she reached the door, but was too late. Through the window he gave the bully, Montoya, the worst glare he could. This kid... would never be able to get away with it. Once she was back in the room he struggled to calm her down, taking out more bandages and helping her bind the worst wounds, "You should have let me handle it, Katheryn."

She shook her head. "I'm used to it…I'm just sick of it…" She whimpered in pain and hugged him gently. "Thank you…you helping me means more then anything…"

Another almost-glare, she'd said it again... but he nodded. "I promise, we'll fix this." She never deserved this, and perhaps there were others who could help. If he was hurting other women as well... well, what he was doing to Katheryn was already grounds for expulsion, and further actions would put him in juvie... or even jail.

She cuddled into him. She just needed someone to hold her. She needed comfort, she needed a safe haven. She pulled up her sleeve and showed him the scars she had from years of beatings. "This is all from

Him…"

Sean's frown deepened, but he hid it quickly by hugging her. "That's horrible, Katheryn. I'll... I'll do something, don't you worry. And think of it this way... each scar is a testament that you held on to life, even when it was at it's worst!" A bright smile, him hoping to make her view things a bit better... he didn't want the girl to be hurt any more. Something in him marveled at her strength, a slowly growing admiration the warning bell of his near-inevitable infatuation. Of course, being so focused on her, he ignored it.

She blushed and smiled. She was confused by all these feelings hitting her all at once. She smiled and had the sudden urge to kiss him. She tried to hold herself back and ended up kissing him on the cheek and blushed darkly. "Thank you."

She just... kissed me on the cheek? Having never had it happen to him before he blinked, looking for all the world like someone had just given him alcohol and told him to drink it before taking everyone home. Dumbfounded, all he did was nod and say "You're welcome," before his mind caught up with him, and he found himself turning bright red. "Y-you can always ask for help, with anything."

She belied her head and blushed. Did I really just do that? What will he think of me!? She blushed bright red too and smiled softly. "Thank you." She hugged him again and the hell rang for fourth period, the last period of the day. (I'm just gonna make the periods long.) She went to her next class. She wasn't able to focus, all the while thinking dreamily about Sean when Montoya caught her attention by slapping her across the face. He started taunting her about running to Sean and she started to cry.

Sean finished his English class, walking quickly towards the library, hands folded angrily. The girl didn't need this, and after doing some probing in his two other classes... he was not well liked, but feared. This reign of terror would be over... and she would never need to fear anything again. Only sunshine and smiles for his students... especially the cute, brave, and smart Katheryn. One hand met his head, Where did that come from?

The bell rang and she knew what was coming. She didn't want Sean to get hurt so she headed to the library herself. She knew what was going to happen. She walked around the corner right into a punch. She staggered back and punched again in the gut. She was punched again and again all over until she was reduced to a bloody and trembling mad in the ground. He laughed and kicked he again. "Don't mess with me."

Sean came right as the second hit landed, and calmly walked over to him. "Mr. Montoya. I have warned you, watched you, and done everything I could to give you a chance to back off. This isn't bullying anymore, it's full on assault." He grabbed the kids arm, eyes and tone steel where before he had been either fire or water. "We'll be seeing both the principal and the police. Unless you'd like to apologize?"

He ripped his arm from his grasp and walked away without saying a word. Kathryn laid on the ground still, battered and forlorn. She wept and closed her eyes.

Sean bent down to her, careful not to jostle anything, and picked her up. "I can't bring the kid, but I bet you could get him expelled with this much proof." It wouldn't be enough to get him completely out of her way... but it would be a start. And he'd already called a police friend to investigate the boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back