• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

This Can't Be Happening…(Saphire and Paint

"I am Katheryn's homeroom teacher, Sean McDougal." His hand lowered, Sean keeping his face calm despite the godfather's tone. "I'd just talked to her father about a problem with another student when he collapsed. I brought them here, knowing that they'd probably want to be by his side, or as close as possible." Don't react, he's just like any other stern parent, worried and acting out of it.

He nodded and turned and walked towards Kathryn. She was the only one who had been trained to do this as he got closer. He stood in front of her. "Kathryn." he said tersely. She said "Yes sir?"

Refusing to frown, even though he'd have liked to, Sean returned to the children, taking that as his cue to leave. He just stood there, smiling brightly at them, letting the godfather and goddaughter have their moment.

The twins hugged him and hung around his neck. "Uncle Sean!"

Kathryn stood standing until her godfather left the room. She then crumpled to the ground, crying.

Sean hugged the twins back, letting the tears fall as well, but kept quiet. When Kathryn fell down, however, he reached one arm out to her, "Katheryn? I... it might help if you all have a long cry." His voice hadn't hitched, that was your imagination.

She got up and sobbed into his shoulder, not stopping for over ten minutes. This was a side of her the twins had never seen before so they just cuddled into Sean and shivered, in shock.

He rubbed the backs of Katheryn and one of the twins, Ivy he thought, silently while they cried. "Shh... Shh... I'm here for you, I promise."

It was Ivy and she curled up into am little ball and laid on the floor. Kathryn wept and wept and finally had no more tears left in her. "You should go home Sean…you don't need to be here anymore…but thank you for taking us here…"

"I'm not leaving you three." His tone was stern, but his face was kind, eyes soft and mouth twisted worriedly. Sean took out a slow breath, and told her, sounding almost tired, "I promised the three of you a home until you could stay, wherever you're going to stay from now on. I won't go back on my word."

Zhe nodded and said "My godfather said he needed exactly on week and that on next Monday at exactly 4:00 we will be there. No earlier, no later." She hugged her sisters and said "Can we really stay with you?"

"Of course you can. I told you, it's not clean and everything's not unpacked, but... it's a bit big for me, and I have enough stuff to keep the three of you alive and well for a long time." A pause, frowning slightly he asked, "Y-your godparents. Do you really want to stay with them?" He didn't know what he could do, but... he would willingly try to get them to stay with him, if he could.

"Of course. Come on, let's get to my car." He picked up one of the twins, figuring they were tired enough to need help getting to the car.

Sean put Katrina into a seat, closing her seatbelt calmly. Once he was in the car he started it, heading for his home calmly and seriously, asking as he did... "I know it's not a good time, but what do you plan to do with his stuff?"

He shook he rhea and said "I don't know…we didn't have much to begin with." She kept crying softly and said "I know a lot happened to you today on your first day and I want to apologize. It's my fault your day was as crappy as it was."

He smiled at her, the sorrow behind it still visible. Instead of feeling sad about his day being so strange... "Nah, it's alright. I got to spend the day doing something I'd always wanted to do... help someone! And a cute student of mine too!" A blush, he'd actually just said that?!

She smiled a bit and blushed when he said that she was cute. Does he really think that? she thought. She looked at him, blushing a bit and smiled softly. She ducked her head shyly and and then looked back out the window, the small smile still plastered on her face.

His face was now a shade of pink, and he quickly returned his focus to the road, not seeing the small smile on her face. They soon arrived at her house, and he asked, almost sheepishly, "Do you need anything from the house right now? Any of you?"

"I'll run inside and grab some stuff for them." she said. She ran inside and grabbed some things for the twins like their special crocheted blanket their mother had made for then and Kitten grabbed her own and a picture if her and her birth parents. She sniffled and bit and packed some clothes for the twins and some for her. She picked up her little special necklace from her mother and put it on. She wiped tears from her eyes and left with the stuff for the twins, who cuddled their special blankets. Kathryn did the same.

Sean looked to the twins, making sure they were safe, and then Katheryn. Her holding the blanket as she was, the way the sunlight was quickly fading... he blushed, her looking like a broken-winged angel. "T-too cute..." He said it quietly, hiding his blush by looking at the road and turning on the car, heading for his house three streets over.

She heard his comment and blushed but just stayed curled up into a little ball and held her blue blanket to her cheek. She sniffled and coughed.

She was coughing? Was she going to get sick? "We're here. Home sweet home." It was a modest house, small and tan, with a gold trim that was in the middle of fading. "I have three bedrooms, you girls can split them up however you want." He'd be sleeping on the couch, giving them more room to enjoy themselves and live. Or... at least room to be tired and sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back