• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

This Can't Be Happening…(Saphire and Paint

She coughed again and shivered. She helped her little sisters out and held their hands. She carried their things inside and and hugged them. "Girls we are going to-" she broke off, coughing hard. She then continued and said "stay here for a bit, and I want you to be nice to the man who is letting us stay here, so no fighting ok?"

Sean frowned, and then said... almost apologetically, "D-do you need some cold medicine, Katheryn? Or a cough drop? I have some in my medicine cabinet, if you want it." One hand reached to rub her back, finding the constant coughing at least worrying and at worst a warning of something being wrong with her ribs and lung.

She shook her head. "It won't help. This happens a lot." The twins yawned and she tucked them in. She kissed their heads and sang them a lullaby that their birth mother had taught them. The twins were soon asleep and she left their room. She sighed and slid down the wall, coughing hard.

Sean had nodded, going into the kitchen to warm them up some soup for dinner. When he heard the coughing, however, he stopped... turned, and rushed over to her, making sure to turn off the stove. "K-Katheryn!" Rushing over to her and pulling her into a soft hug he rubbed her back, expression and posture worried. Did she have Asthma? Some genetic disease? Would water help?

She finally stopped coughing and breathed in deeply. "I am a failed abortion…my lungs were always weak and when I was two I was diagnosed with lung cancer...my lungs have always been weak…" She started to cough again and shuddered, her frail body wracked with coughs.

He frowned, and then asked, "A-are you getting treatment for it?" He could ask his parents, who were still freakishly rich despite not working anymore, to pay for the treatment. It couldn't be that bad, after all... not yet, at least.

She shook her head. "My parents abandoned me when they found out I had cancer and I was found by the orphanage. They didn't have enough money and then my birth parents died and I met my little sisters. My new dad adopted me and he couldn't treat me either." She coughed hard again and saw blood in her hands. She had coughed up blood.

He didn't know what to do, how does one treat blood coughs?! B-but... "I-I might be able to get the money for treatment! M-m-my parents are rich, y'know. S-so, if I can, you gotta try your hardest to survive, got it?"

She nodded and coughed up more blood. She cried softly and coughed harder, trying to stay alive. She whimpered and held his hand, scared. This happened to her often and twice she had almost died.

Last edited by a moderator:
He kept a sure grip on her, lightly tapping her back in hopes that it would help her get the blood and whatever was obstructing her out, taking off his jacket and offering it as a towel to put the stuff in.

She coughed harder and threw up from coughing so hard. She looked at him, terror in her eyes. "H-Help…m-me…" She coughed again and had tears rolling down her cheeks. She clutched his arm and whimpered.

Sean still didn't know what to do... was there medicine she had to take? Some kind of treatment? "W-what do I need to do? I'm right here, you're going to be ok, but what do I...." An ambulance! He could call one, pay for it himself, and get her out of school for a while so she could take treatments. One hand went to his pocket, where his cell was, so he could start calling them, "I'm going to take you to a hospital... they'll know what to do."

She nodded nervously and coughed again and eventually calmed down long enough to say "I-I'll be fine..." She then started coughing violently. The twins ran out and recognized what was happening. "Sissy breathe! Breathe!"

He frowned... this was not fine. A quick dial, she wasn't going to risk this any longer... not if he could help it. "Yes, your sister'll be fine. I'll make sure of it, so go back to bed, ok? Don't forget to brush your teeth if you're old enough to do it on your own."

They nodded and went back to bed and fell asleep.

She shuddered and took his hand. She looked up at him, her eyes full of terror and she then laid down in the ground, too weak to sit up.

"It'll be ok, Katheryn. I promise." He had the ambulance on speed dial and called them. Once he was on the phone he said, almost professionally, "A guest of mine is coughing up blood. She says she has lung cancer. What do I do while you get over here?" Because he was certain he had to do something.

The man on the phone said "Try to keep her still and make sure she is sitting up straight." He hung up and an ambulance siren could be heard from the distance.

Kathryn kept coughing and finally stopped for a few moments. She had been coughing up blood because of the beatings she had relieved earlier and the coughing was from her cancer.

Sean had hurried to push her into an upright position, waiting calmly for the ambulence. It was a good thing he hadn't locked up yet, they could walk into the house right away. "It'll be ok, they're coming." Not long after he said that the two Paramedics walked in, checking on her in a calm, professional manner.

They sniffled and nodded.

Kathryn was taken to the hospital where they said they were

Going to have to replace her lung so she would be cancer free. They started her surgery without even asking if she was alright with it and they began.

(Lol, wow. That was.... does she need a donor? I guess not.)

Sean sat on the floor with the twins, emailing his parents with a request to pay for one of his student's surgery when the time came, emphasizing that she'd die if left untreated... and most of his attention was on the twins, calming them down, playing with them, trying everything he could to keep her alive. He'd asked the paramedics to call him when she was able to have visitors, not her guardians, so she'd have some true emotional support.

(Eh I winged it. It works xD )

The twins calmed down and hugged him. They played with him.

She was put into the surgery and it went quite well. She was in the ICU for a while and then was out on the recovery room. They called Sean when she was awake.

Sean spent a while playing with the twins, only to stop when his phone rang. "Hold on a minute, that might be about your sister." A quick, reassuring smile their way, she'd be fine... he just knew it. Once he reached the phone he answered with a call of "Sean McDougal speaking." A pause, they told him about Katheryn, and then... "I'll be there in a few minutes. Please, tell her that her homeroom teacher is coming."

The people at the hospital said "Yes sir, we will tell her." They went off and told Kathryn who was still a bit groggy but felt better. She nodded and laid back. She looked around and fell asleep again.

The twins said "Is sissy ok!?" They jumped up and each hugged one of his legs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back