• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy This Aging World of Magic

Jean Otus

Would-Be Prince
Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel, dragons, giants, dwarves, witches, creatures of the oldest folktales. The medieval era, and all eras before it were dotted with such examples of magic, but time is an unrelenting mistress, and as progress and civilization marched on magic became rarer and rarer. First it was the hero kings of old hunting the dragons to extinction, then the might of a single dwarf lord laid low the giants. Royal families stopped allowing their children to be such easy targets for spell craft, and marriage became more diplomatic. Then all magic users but the good witches and healers were driven from civilized lands into the dark forests and barren deserts. In the place of these magical beings came technologies, machines which bellowed smoke like dragons, which could launch projectiles faster than a giant's throw, medicine replaced healers, man and dwarf marched forward to replace magic with their own ingenuity. Only the godlike Faeries managed to preserve their own island of magic, secluded from the world.
In this rapidly industrializing world, the relics of the magic age are sought after by treasure hunters, as well as the descendants of the legendary figures themselves. With a war larger than any in recorded history brewing, leaders look to the past for a magical trump card. Serve a nation on the precipice of war, or your own interests, fight monsters and find treasures from your favorite fairy stories, and alter the path of a developing world.

With my personal Knowledge of fables tales legends myth's magic and the prospect of this idea. I could add a thing or two, or twenty.

It's like throwing gasoline... on a flame... Can't possible be a bad idea can it?

I'm interested!
Oh shoot! I have some ideas! I am totally in!
I'd love to maybe be a part of this!
With my personal Knowledge of fables tales legends myth's magic and the prospect of this idea. I could add a thing or two, or twenty.

It's like throwing gasoline... on a flame... Can't possible be a bad idea can it?
Alright, sorry for the absence, I'll be making the thread for this soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back