• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Thinkin about doing a Fairy Tale RP (General Interest Check, Nothing Concrete Yet)

Which idea do you like the most?

• Total voters

WolfStar12

Self-Loathing Werewolf
Honestly lately I’ve been in the mood for a dark, fantasy esque group RP based on classic fairy tales. I have two main ideas that I think could be interesting, but I haven’t decided anything yet. Luckily, I did just want to check in real quick to see if anyone is interested before dedicating myself to a concrete thread.

Idea One: Modern slice of life urban fantasy story focusing on the citizens of a small town. Sort of Once Upon a Time inspired with each member of the town being the descendant or reincarnation of a classic fairy tale character. No one in the town knows of this fact, they’re not even aware of any powers they may have or their nonhuman heritage, however they will learn of their true nature eventually.

Idea Two: A classic fantasy story taking place in the medieval kingdom of Grimm, where each character will be from a different fairy tale. This can range from the royals to the nobles to even the common peasants. Like idea one, it will take place primarily in this location, however unlike it, all characters are aware of the existence of magic and monsters.

Both ideas will be more slice of life, not really focusing on a large overarching plot but moreso the character’s relationships with each other and their subplots. I’m also thinking about taking a more darker and traditionally fantasy viewpoint on classic fairy tale characters. I have provided a poll to better collect results. If anyone has any thoughts or interest, please let me know, I’d love to plot with you! Sorry if this post was a bit of scatterbrained.

Aw man, the fantasy idea has more votes rn but I really like the vibe of an urban fantasy adapting fairy tales, like Wolf Among Us style. Dark fantasy angle is still really cool. Either way I can keep an eye out because I have a bunch of fairy tale inspired character ideas, more than I even thought lol

Damn....I really like both ideas. Um I’ll give a vote to the urban. But I’d be up for both. XD

Last edited:
I like two if people are creating their own fairytales and not using the overly done ( and at this point) cliche approach of dumping earth bases stories into a fictional setting. More player freedom, and with the right group, you should get a better result.

Wow this got a lot more traction than I thought. Thanks for the support everyone! Based on everyone’s decisions, I’ll most likely be going with option two, but I can always work out something with the option one people if they wish!

grimmmy grimmmy Ooh! I’m really excited to see what characters you have in mind!

Z Zelena I’m not quite sure what you mean. My plan was to make a fantasy world with everybody playing a classic fairy tale character in a way that translates well into a fantasy world. Classic fables will have worldbuilding behind them to explain how they all tie into each other, and every fairytale will take place in the same universe. Despite being based on pre existing stories, people will have free reign on how their characters will translate to the fantasy world. For example, Pinocchio might be an ent or a wood golem and the Big Bad Wolf might be a werewolf. Roleplayers can ask themselves about the world and characters. Are all the Prince Charmings the same person? Are all princes and princesses apart of the same royal family? How are these characters related to each other? While the world with have set rules and lore, I’m leaving it open to people how they want to design their characters despite the fact they will indeed be reinterpretations of classic literary characters.

ClawsTheCatventurer ClawsTheCatventurer I’d be happy to help you out if you need me to! What do you need help with first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back