Other Things that make you write off a user?

One for me personally that hasn't been mentioned at least, while perhaps not something to completely write them off, is when they use far too much code.

When I literally can't scroll through it on my phone, why bother going home and searching back for it? Interest checks are okay but I still prefer something easy to read. When it's every post i'd have to scroll through in some tiny box, it gets agitating. Most of the time it's very little asthetic improvement and a lot of needless trouble.

When a person says they have a solid plot, we go along with said plot but in reality they have nothing to contribute to their own plot. In fact, they admit they have no ideas.

I usually get upset when people aren't willing to prepare for a roleplay. To me, it's really important to know about the other person's characters or their preferences. If they dive straight in without letting me know about anything, I sorta get uninterested. But, others may not feel the same and that's okay!

Edit: I also wanted to add if someone didn't pull their weight when it came to roleplaying. Please don't make me do all the work! We created the plot together and discussed beforehand what was happening. It isn't fun if I'm making the story move along and if I'm playing every single character, going along with what you want. I find it rather selfish if someone were to do that...

Last edited:
I am sometimes a bit harsh and judge by the first impression they make. If they come off as immature, make severe spelling errors or show that they have not given more than 10 seconds to reading my search thread - that's a big no for me. Another turn off for me is lack of interest in communication regarding a possible story - brainstorming has to come from both sides. If things go like "Here is [my idea]" and they reply with "Ok", nah fam, I'm taking my toys and leaving.

If they obviously don’t read my partner search thread. If they send me a PM with a title of “Hey” or something like that. Or if I don’t get anything in their PM, it’s just a sentence like “I like your Werewolf idea.” And nothing else.

These are all major pet peeves for me.

I view a request to RP with a person as a job Interview. If you aren’t invested enough to give me a quality message telling me about what you like and what you want from the story, then you aren’t invested enough for me. And I’ve told people this before.

The job interview comparison is my exact thoughts put into words. A potential partner has to convince me he/she is a writer I would like to invest time and effort in a story with!

One for me personally that hasn't been mentioned at least, while perhaps not something to completely write them off, is when they use far too much code.

When I literally can't scroll through it on my phone, why bother going home and searching back for it? Interest checks are okay but I still prefer something easy to read. When it's every post i'd have to scroll through in some tiny box, it gets agitating. Most of the time it's very little asthetic improvement and a lot of needless trouble.

Yessss! I actually hate heavily-coded RPs, especially if the posts have scrollbars. Scrollbars have the tendency to ruin the mobile experience because mobile users can get stuck in them when they're just trying to scroll through to the bottom of the page (in case some of you out there haven't realized this).

When I see anything that's heavily coded, immediately nope out. Not worth it. I once saw an interest check that had FOUR tiny text boxes in a 2x2 grid, each with scrollbars. It was unclear why the text was divided up that way or which order they were supposed to be read in. Totally disrupted the flow, and you could only read, like, 5 words at a time before having to scroll down. It was horrific.

The way I see it, we live in a mobile world. Any coding that's not mobile-friendly is just bad code, and I feel like anyone who doesn't take that into consideration has their priorities crossed.

I am sometimes a bit harsh and judge by the first impression they make. If they come off as immature, make severe spelling errors or show that they have not given more than 10 seconds to reading my search thread - that's a big no for me. Another turn off for me is lack of interest in communication regarding a possible story - brainstorming has to come from both sides. If things go like "Here is [my idea]" and they reply with "Ok", nah fam, I'm taking my toys and leaving.
All of this right here yes.

I never realized how judgemental I am until I read through and agreed with almost every post ffs
a few of mine:

• “anime pictures only.” i just,, why?
• “cis characters only.” i’m okay with the fact that not everyone is lgbt+ friendly, but if you can’t stomach having a mere gay/trans character in your roleplay, then you probably won’t be a fan of my dark/gritty style lol
• “insane” characters. now i need to clarify, i love roleplays involving mental illness- when they’re done correctly. the whole, “hehehe i read Killing Stalking in incognito, let me make an iNsAnE character~~” thing i see everywhere? c r i n g e.

- People who send me a pm with "hi i liked your 3rd idea do u wanna rp?" and dON'T CONTRIBUTE IN ANY WAY TO THE PLOT BRAINSTORMING
-People who not only contribute to the plot, but have decided to take over it and completely change it from what we first intended to do.
-East Asian fetishism. Particularly Korean. I'm Korean myself. You can imagine lmao.
-Anime face claims
-Terrible grammar (I understand that not everyone is fluent in English. I'm not from an English speaking country either. But basic grammar dude)
-People who try and get me to do Erp, despite it being strictly forbidden. Sis bye.

-People who not only contribute to the plot, but have decided to take over it and completely change it from what we first intended to do.
186.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back