• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy They're Here (IC)

Jun fended off a few of the monsters with his spear, the adrenaline making him forget the pain in his leg for a moment. He used that to his advantage, the crutch clattering to the broken asphalt as Jun raised his spear. He didn't notice Peter run off until he noticed one less vaguely human-shaped blob mission from the group. Shortly after the boy's return, though, an explosion rang through the air followed by a chain of larger explosions. Jun faltered for a moment, the shockwave disrupting his flow. At least they had a distraction. "Alright, let's go!"

Jun hopped into the back of the van. He couldn't drive, obviously-

Chakarooka opens the door before slamming a monsters head in with the butt of his revolver. The monster screeches and falls to the concrete. "Come on! We need to hurry!" The monster got back up right before Chakarooka kicked the monsters face in as it fell to the ground screeching in pain.

((alright! Can't wait till you can rejoin us!))

A moment passed and Peter ran for the van, jumping into one of the seats near the back. It seemed that the hoard stopped coming, though the few creatures that already saw them were still steadily running after them.

Easton jumped into the driver's seat of the car and turned the key, the moment the engine rumbled on he pushed on the gas and they were off down the road.

(We will pretend wrvng is in the car)

"it'll probably be a good 30 minutes or so, but bandits trail isn't too far." Easton muttered, driving a bit slow because the road was covered in ice. "If it gets too dangerous we will have to walk."

Peter leaned back in his chair, looking out the window. He hadn't been in a car in a long time. It really isn't until you lose everything that you realize how much you take things for granted.

Raine slouched in the backseat, panting heavily, a cold sweat ran down the side of her face as she exhaled. The car was freezing. She rubbed her hands together, her body lightly trembling. Was it from the winter cold? Fear? Raine couldn’t tell. This was the second time she came close to dying in two nights with these people. They were going to be the death of her.

Raine panted out a laugh. “We’re all gonna die.” Her laughter grew as her voice bounced off the car walls. It a not like they had a choice. They were all doomed from the very beginning. She cackled harder. One day they were all going to be eaten alive. Hideous monsters clawing and ripping their flesh apart with their razor sharp teeth. They were destined to die a horrible, ugly death. Nothing about it was funny. But yet, she laughed. Laughed like a maniac. Laughed until tears were streaming down her cheeks. This was her way of dealing with trauma and the depression haunting this world. Everything was a joke and wanting to survive was only a distant dream.

Her laughter died down. The car was silent. Maybe they all thought she was crazy. Or the realization of their fate sank into each and every single person in this group. Who knows. “We need a plan.” She finally stated in a nonchalant tone. They couldn’t just waltz into the bandit trails trying to start a fight. The group needed to know how the raiders worked. “Easton, you’ve been there and survived before. What was it like? How did you survive?”

Jun knew those episodes all too well, he had been reduced to a laughing, crying mess a few times even before the apocalypse. Though, that didn't make it any less creepy to be on the other end of it. He was almost glad for his position in the back of the van.

When she calmed down, kind of, Jun realized they hadn't formulated a plan, they hadn't been able to. After all, they had been forced out with no prep, of course they didn't have a plan. He sat and listened, trying his bast to not put weight on his leg

Chakarooka looks around "We won't die, the Monsters are growing hungry, one day they will die off, humanity will survive, just as it always has, through war and disease, it can and will survive through this." His true face showed for like ten seconds as he let out a long sigh, before turning back into his human mimicking form.

Peter stayed silent as Raine had a bit of an outburst, leaning against the side of the door and blankly staring out the window. She was probably right. He was lucky to still be alive now, and the only reason he was still going was because his brother told him to stay alive... He wasn't sure how far he'd go for survival, it's not like he enjoyed his life anyway. May as well go jump in that river again and die of hypothermia. Sounds nice.

When Raine asked Easton what it was like at bandits trail, he just shrugged. "It's just really odd there. Don't want to let your guard down around anyone. All I did was shoot anyone who didn't back away when I told them to. Also there's like, a weird cult there I think. On multiple occasions they tried to take me to some place as a sacrifice.... You get used to it though. We are probably gonna die. At least that Danaper guy is gone, he literally was the loudest individual in the world. No one use guns when we get there, not unless we get in a situation that requires them."

Jun had heard of the bandit's trail from Cedar and a few others. No one there cared about anyone else from what they had said. Jun made a note to make sure to have his spear at the ready at any given moment when they arrived.

He could hear the breathing, the shaking, the everything. The group was rattled, to say the least. They were freezing and hurt in more ways than one. Jun was still wary of the monster at the front of the van, focusing on keeping his attention on it. He couldn't explain how much of a violent rush had come over him when he saw or, well heard, the thing at their door. He would be keeping watch of it, that was for certain.

(honestly this RP took a turn that I didn't expect. I wasn't really going for large hoards or anything when I came up with the idea, so this isn't exactly how the RP was supposed to feel if you know what I mean. The RP was supposed to be more based around characters trying to adjust to working as a group again, and facing challenges that are large but fewer in between, like a boss battle kinda. I might put up a reboot if y'all aren't interested in this anymore.)

Edit: my fault for not being specific enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back