• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom There and back again.

Glimmer groaned. "Another girl? Goodie." She said, evidently sarcastic. She followed Toxin quietly and then sat at the base of one of the trees a fair distance from the others. She pulled her hood up and began making various leaves jump up and change color, making an interesting sort of show for herself.

Moon kept his gaze on the forest floor and just kept walking. When everyone else stopped he sat in a small indention in the ground. He pulled his knees to his chest and stared blankly at the ground.

''....what's their deal?'' Toxin muttered under his breath, half hopping Moon would hear him.

He considered than it was probably because he hadn't acted as if he'd lost two friends in the space of a few hours. He'd have to do something about that.

''It's bloody pathetic fallacy and all that. The rain and our feelings being so perfectly attuned.'' he spoke looking at Glimmer, but the statement was clearly to the group as a whole.

Moon glanced up at the tree Toxin was in then looked back down.

"Are we replacing them? Is that it? I don't know about you but I kinda hope at least one of them made it." Glimmer called over to Toxin. She was trying not to be a brat, but she had never lost two friends in such quick succession before.

''.....We can't replace them, but it would be wrong to stop just because they're gone. If we stopped, then their deaths served as nothing.'' Toxin jumped down from the tree and walked over to Glimmer and looked down at her.

''And don't you dare think that I don't miss them.'' he knelt down in front of Glimmer, making eye contact ''Their not gone, not really.'' he blinked furiously as he spoke, hoping Glimmer got the idea.

Upon hearing the comments made by Glimmer Grace rolls her eyes and jumps down from the tree, pushing her way past Glimmer until she gets to Moon. "Here" she says passing her flask over to him. "This should help with the shock" she whispers softly and gets up and walks away. "By the way its only whiskey, so don't get to excited about some amazing potion" she says gingerly.

Grace now walks towards toxin "Are your days always this eventful?" she says trying to break the ice a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
''I want to say no, but it would seem that their heading that way.'' Toxin slowly got up as he spoke.

He walked out into the rain, took off his mask and let his hood fall. He stood there for a few seconds, allowing the water to hit his skin.

Even small things like this made him feel alive, a state he was learning to appreciate much more than before.

''I'd understand if either of you wanted to leave, Moon and Glimmer. I'd still send you your portion of the treasures, but that's up to you.'' he said, still letting himself get rained upon.

As he began to get excessively wet he walked back under the treeline.

Eleniel agreed to show them the way. But before she could speak, some feelings were being poured out.

She stood on the tree when Grace and Toxin had jumped down. She leaned against the trunk. There was a solemn silence and all that could be heard was rain hitting leaves. She wanted to speak up but she only just met them, it wasnt her place to speak. Besides her words wouldnt mean anything, they dont know her. She cant sympathize as much as she wanted cause she only knew Talvin for about an hour. However it still was a sad way to go, whether she knew him or not she still had a heavy feeling in her heart. She actually liked him, he was nice. Other than him she seemed to get along with Toxin and thats about it. She didnt let that discourage her though. She pulled the hood of her cloak lower on her face,'If hes indeed dead, which i hope isnt the case, hes in a better place,' she wanted to say,'If not....he'll be back...' She could feel it. A part of her was telling her he wasnt dead.

Glimmer looked back into Toxin's eyes. "I'm sorry. I know you were closer to Paton than either of us. It was selfish of me." She took a deep breath and stood up, letting the leaves fall back to the ground and turn back to their normal color. "So what's the plan?" She asked, trying to return to her normal devil-may-care feelings.

Moon took the flask, not wanting to be rude. As soon as the girl turned away, however, he poured some of the whiskey out so she would think he had drank some. He wrinkled his nose at the smell and quickly went over and gave it back to her. He went back to the spot he had been sitting at, since it was already dry. He pulled his hood up and watched the others.

''The plan is simple: Eleniel shows us the way through Mirkwood (if she doesn't mind), then we make a run for....Esgaroth.'' Toxin hadn't decided if he would tell the Eleniel or Grace about Erebor. Time would tell if they were trustworthy or not.

''So, Eleniel, lead the way.'' he looked up at the elf, smiled and then put his mask and hood on once more.

As everyone gets up and starts walking, Grace walks over to Eleniel "You know fairy......." she whispers softly "you need to have some more confidence in yourself I can tell that you have been wanting to say things since i met you earlier but you haven't. Listen there is no need to be shy trust me I have felt the same way as you do now with my shipmates but you cant feel this way.... Talk your mind because at the end of the day you are part of this adventure now, the same way I am, the same way Toxin is even that Sparkle girl sorry i meant Glimmer" she says sarcastically "I know i'm very new and I do not know any of them well but speak up. If you cant tell us then who can you tell?"

"Anyway thats the way I see it at least." as she says this she now walks away.

Eleniel jumped from the tree down to regroup with the others. She stuck her left arm out, and with her right hand she adjusted the arm guard on her left forearm while Toxin ran through the plan,"Mirkwood, right..." it still sounded like a bad idea, but if they really wanted to go, then so be it. Once again, she wasnt in a position to protest. She adjusted her hood again, peering up at the rain. She started to walk a few steps before Grace stepped infront of her,'Fairy?' Her eye twitched, but as Grace continued Eleniel listened. To some degree Grace was right, "Speaking your mind is important, but theres no guarantee theyll listen to someone whom they just met less then a few hours ago. Especially when speaking of someone who they saw as a close friend." her voice had a hint of sadness when speaking of Talvin,"I didnt know them as well they did, he was more like family, thats why my words will seem empty, hold no meaning." she gave a quick nod,"Thank you for the advice," she pushed away her authoritive defense and flashed a smile at Grace before turning again. "This way," she commanded loudly. "Has anyone ever been in the woodland realm? If not, then stick close. The Mirkwood forest is tricky. Travelers are known to see things that arent there....theyre also known to have never come out..." she mumbled the last part. She continued walking through the foliage,"Just stay close, if you wander...well..." She chuckled sarcastically.

As they walked she could sense the definate change in the atmosphere. It felt more dark and unwelcoming. This was definately it. "There could be anything in this forest, keep your eyes open,"

Elves had a very high tolerance to the forest's effects. But even they couldnt stray from the path long. They generally followed it as well, but the path twists and winds and sometimes it seems to have disappeared. But thats why Eleniel was here, she knew the ins and outs of the forest, and could guide them safely.

Toxin laughed as Eleniel warned them about the forest.

''Lady, I kinda lived in a forrest for a bit. In fact, take away the darkness and the general feel of doom and it could be quite homely here. But, to be on the safe side...'' Toxin unsheathed his sword...just in case.

Eleniel,"Do not underestimate the capabilities of these woods. It isnt your normal garden you call a 'forest', human." she glared at Toxin, not in a menacing way but a way to show she was being serious....with a side of sass.

Glimmer overheard Grace talking about her. She looked away and took a deep breath, reminding herself not to get mad. She gave Moon a hand standing up then followed the others.

Moon followed Glimmer closely and kept an eye out behind them. He had pretty much grown up in forests but he didn't trust this forest. He rested his hand on his sword hilt so he could draw it quickly, if the need arose.

An hour later the grou is deep in the heart of Mirkwood. Everything appears to be the same, just the same type of tree over and over again. Occasionaly, bird schreaches can be heard from above the treeline.

Toxin was not comfortable witht he situation. Most forests were different in some way, so you could learn your way around, but he was almost sure the had beenw alkingin circles for the last hour.

And now it was getting darker.

"We should set up camp for the night." He stated trying to almost force the point.

He began to pick up some sticks that were scattered around and then pilled them up.

Unfortunately, they seemed too damp to light.

''Bugger....Glimmer, we might need your light thing.''

Even in the deepest wood where the mind played tricks, the black steel against Talvins hip helped him through what was real and what wasnt. He stumbled more than once. The stitches in his chest still healing, though quite sore and red, and the same could be said for his face with the cuts and bruises he took from the fall and the tumble in the river. His legs gave way more than once while he searched through the forest.

You must find this ironic, do you not? Your darkness separating the darkness of the forest from your eyes? It's strictly temporary, like that time we just won ourselves some help. Speaking of, with that dance we had and half a dozen runners, how long and how much will we have achieved? Hard to say at this point. They witnessed the moment, you proved its worth, but they are mortal still. They will need to change minds, some might die from merely speaking of it, but if given enough time great fruit will be born. You didnt answer the question.

Suddenly, he heard a familiar voice. It couldnt be...

Is it fake? The darkness is parted by sight. Hearing is a different story. Well, when in doubt, sing your troubles away.

Talvin lent against a tree, still grimacing from the pain, but managed to summon enough strength in his voice for a small tune.

"Come rest the barbs, pullies and heave them away,

Way hey role and go,

Soon we'll be polished and out through the bay,

And we're Rolick'n Randy Dandy O...
"

Glimmer went over to where Toxin was trying to make a fire. She pulled out her wand and murmured a spell that dried the sticks and started burning them hotly. "Oops....Might need some more sticks and branches. Or I could make it smaller if you want it to be inconspicuous." She looking up as the flames jumped higher.

''Nah, this seems fine.'' Toxin leant over the fire to dry out his still moist armour.

Toxin sat down checked his arrows to see if they were all fine and there.

The fire made them easy enough to spot.

The troop moved onwards, towards the fire.

''Right then, what are you lot doing in our land?'' the man walked out of the bushes and into the light of the fire. His armour was rudimentary but functional.

''Do you own Mirkwood?'' Toxin asked after turning to the man ''As far as I know, the Elves 'own' Mirkwood.''

''...Mirkwood?'' the soldier seemed confused.

''I told you this was Mirkwood you daft twat!'' the bush said.

''That rabbit seems to dislike you quite a bit.'' Toxin said. Oh god, that was bad.

A second man rose from the bush.

''I'm no rabbit, I'm Steve, son of Steve. I'm a scout of Gondor.''

''Well your bloody lost then, Gondors that way.'' Toxin pointed at some shrubbery. He had no idea where Gondor was, but it was far from here.

''Not Gondor Gondor, Angmar Gondor, you know.'' the guard, realising that he was exposed, ducked back into the bush.

The first guard looked at the fellowship and smiled.

''So, would you come with us please?'' he asked, stress in his smile.

''To where?''

''Carn Dûm of corse. Our lord wants to know why you're here.'' the soldier tried to sound authoritarian.

''You didn't happen to shoot someone a few hours back did you?'' Toxin asked, his hand playing with the arrow he would lodge in the mans tongue if his answer turned out to be an affirmation.

''Steve, did you shoot someone?'' he asked the bush.

''No, I don't know how to use those things.''

''What, bows?''

''Yeah, too complicated, one thing goes there and that loads there and you have to aim. I much prefer a mace. Bash it and it dies.''

''What if it's a long way away?''

''Then you run at it.'' the bush replied.

''Anyway, will you come peacefully, or by force?'' the first guard unsheathed his sword, cutting a section of the sheath as his did so.

Meanwhile, Talvin's song had grabbed the attention of a strange little spider. She clambered down the tree, breaking some branches as she went, till she was a few meters above him and listened to him sing. One of the branches she broke landed next to Talvin with a thud.

Glimmer nodded and tucked her wand back into her belt. She turned her back to the fire, pulling her cloak closer to her so that it wouldn't catch fire. She turned quickly in the direction of the new voice, her hand moving towards her wand. She left it in her belt when she saw that Toxin seemed unfazed. She chuckled quietly at 'Steve, son of Steve'. To her it was rather ridiculous to name your child after yourself, but then again she could be names after her mother for all she knew.

Moon moved closer to the fire but made sure he wasn't getting in anyone else's way. He glared at the man that walked into their 'camp'. His hand moved to his sword and well, but he waited to see what the others in their group would do first.

Grace walked over to Toxin and bent over, whispering in his ear "Toxin I don't think its the best idea that we go to Angmar, it will take ages and I do not trust these men, they do not give off the best of vibes.... I have experienced this kind of thing before. If we go with them and help them, they never return the favour.... Trust me on this one, I know you barely know me at all but this isn't a good idea... But at the end of the day do what you want to do I trust your judgement. Just be careful, I guess" Grace stood back up and stared at the guard intensely.

Talvin suddenly looked up and saw the spider. At first he wanted to reach for his sword. No. Excuse me? This one isnt on a hunt. its stance is more neutral. Curiosity then? Perhaps. Keep holding your tune but gain some slow distance.

Talvin began to walk away while singing, keeping a steady pace, but his hand resting on his sword hilt in case things were going to get ugly.

A small light glimmered in the darkness of the wood. It flickered a couple of times. A fire maybe? Or a trap? Either way, he needed directions to find his friends. And the only civilization to be found would be the Mirkwood elves. Walking and occasionally limping, he made his way to the fire. Still singing the song, hoping they would hear it, and hoping the spider wouldnt be hungry afterwards.

The spider followed Talvin as he stumbled away. It's mandibles began clicking in time(isn) to the music.

The two guards walked up the fire and sat down in front of it. One pulled out a pair of sandwiches and they ate whilst mumbling something about a diet.

Toxin brushed what Grace said off. She may not have been the trusting type, but he was.

''Look gents, a while back this would have been beautifully convenient for us. Unfortunately, theres been one too many murders since then, rendering your proposal quite useless. So, sorry, but I think we'll pass.'' Toxin watched the meant for a reaction.

The two men looked at one another, then at the group.

''Our orders are to bring you back, dead or alive.'' Steve said, putting a hand on his mace.

''Reconsider. I ask you to reconsider.'' the other guard said.

Toxin thought. Maybe Talvin, if alive, would be in Angmar. He suddenly started to day dream again and fell into a trance like state for a while.

Eleniel leaned against a tree away from the others when Toxin was starting a fire. She sat in her own bubble, her own thoughts while they spoke to one another. Sapphire eyes blinked looking at each person. Being the new girl was always hard, she didnt trust them, but it was nice to see Grace was the people type and immediately made herself at home. Home.... She looked at the group, then up at the leaves of the trees above,'Setting camp...in Mirkwood,' she scoffed,'foolish idea...' She ranted to herself. She knew of the many dangers that lurked in the forest, especially when the sun disappears and day tuens to night. It was already dusk, so close to losing light. She sighed,'I guess staying put is better than getting them lost in the dark,' she concluded.

Just as she finished her last thought, two men had arrived. She swiftly circled around the tree and listened to their conversation. The two strangers took an unsuspecting turn and said they would take them dead or alive. Eleniel's eyes narrowed and she grabbed one of her daggers that stood sheathed on her thigh. She thought about attack, but thought again. What if they did get taken? Eleniel stood back again, if they were going to be taken, its best they have a person on the outside.

A light hum emitted from deeper in the forest. Eleniel squinted,"What.." She whispered. Of course, she couldnt see that far in the density of the foliage, especially since night was near. she gripped her dagger, and waited for them to draw nearer. Was it another one of the strangers? Or someone else...?

Talvin kept his pace steady along with his tune. Hobbling closer towards the light. Just then, he saw the outline with the fire giving light on the form. Six people. Wait, seven? All around a source of light. Flickering. A fire maybe. He stopped his tune as soon as he did. Turning to face the spider, he gave it a smile. "Just need to make sure they're not who I think they are. I'll keep singing afterwards. Promise." You giving binding words to insects now? I'd rather keep something dangerous happy while I'm wounded. Besides, they're arachnids.

He was starting to hear the voices now. Listen gents...proposal quite useless...only one mortal we know of with a tongue like that... And he isnt alone.

Getting slightly closer, he could see himself with the fire giving faint light on himself. And then he heard the offer made from the newly comers. And here Talvin hoped the reunion would be happy and easy. Easy come, easy go. Drawing his sword with a free hand, he kept himself upright by a tree.

"How about you reconsider?" he spoke loudly, letting his words echo in the darkness. He wondered if at least one of them saw his figure. "What's wrong? You look like you've seen a dead man walking."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back