• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom There and back again.

CAP Ireland

Embodiment of the Emerald Isle
A parallel universe of Middle-earth where Bilbo and his companions never undertook their quest and so it was left to others to undertake the same, or very different, adventure.

I will be controlling the action in a sort of Dungeon Master sense (and only if the RP is slowing down too much). All decisions will still be made by the players either in or out or the RP.

As for character restrictions, I would appreciate if people could not create an overpowered character and if they could fill all of the following in:

Name or Alias:

Appearance and Clothing/Armour:

Weapons:

Abilities:

Skills:

Biography:

3 facts about the character:

The RP will be closed if too many people sign up so, you know, might wanna do it quick.

I'd be looking for a post or two a day (or more, depending on the group).

Toxin walked into the tavern and stopped just past the entrance.

''I look for men who wish for companions who crave fortune.'' he looked around the tavern, noticing few that seemed like viable options.

''So, who will join me?''

Gavin swallowed his last bit of ginger ale just as someone walked into the tavern and announced that they searched for a companion. He dropped a few coins on the counter and stood up. "I seek adventure." He said, walking over to the guy. "I will join you, if you will have me."

Toxin looked up at the man.

If I say no he'll probably hit me...

''Let us sit a while so that I can tell you exactly what you're walking into. Then you can choose to come or not, but I would be honoured to have you accompany me.''

Toxin leads the man to a table and sits after placing his bow against the wall behind him.

''So, tell me, what experience do you have with questing?''

Gavin followed him and sat down. "I survived on my own for a year when I was 12. Then I was raised by forest elves. They sent me on short quests. It was never anything too hard....Containing a dragon, tracking and taking down a company of black dwarves...simple stuff, really and I always had loads of help. I've been traveling on my own for a year and a half. I pretty much just do whatever I come across." He traced the decorations on his sword. "So what quest are you following?" He asked looking up at him.

''Funny you should mention a dragon.....

Erebor is famous for it's wealth. A legendary wealth so great, a thousand men could not spend it all in a single lifetime.

Now, who owns this treasure?

Technically, the dwarves and their ''King under the mountain'' but the only thing in that mountain is a dragon called Smaug.

My plan is simple: Travel to the lonely mountain, kill the dragon, live like a king for the rest of my days.

So, what do you think? Your experience with dragons makes you song all the more suited to this ...venture.''

''In a while, so you might wanna' sit. I'll get us some drinks.''

Masked man....I like this guy.

''And call me Toxin, it's a name I go by which reminds me, what's yours?''

Gavin sat down. "Toxin? Seriously? I'm not usually this rash but.......I like you. You can call me Gavin or Moon. Whichever you prefer." He paused and looked down at his hands. "Although the elves named me Moon and I like them better than I like the people who named me Gavin." He mumbled under his breath. "Do you want me to get the drinks?"

Last edited by a moderator:
''Nah, I'll grab them Moon.''

Toxin signaled a barmaid to bring them two drinks.

''So, I would't be impartial to a mage or maybe a dwarf joining our party, so keep your elfy eyes open for one.''

The drinks arrived.

''To gold and to adventure!'' said Toxin, lifting the cup and brining it to his mask before realising he had to lift it a bit to drink. He did so and took a few deep gulps before lowering the mask again and looking to Moon to join him in the toast.

Moon lifted his drink too. "To the best of adventures and the shiniest of gold." He said with a smirk.

He couldn't help but try to peek under Toxin's mask when he lifted it partway. "Do you wear that all the time?" He asked, making a 'mask' with his hands with small holes for his eyes. "I don't know....It just seems like you would want to get out sometimes." He put his hands down and tilted his head sideways.

Toxin laughed.

''Well, it's easier to stay hidden if people don't know who to look for.

Also, in my world, the head is generally the part you aim for, so a bit of protection goes a LONG way.''

Toxin looked around the tavern again.

''Anyone catch your eye?''

Moon nodded. "I guess that makes sense." He scanned the tavern. "Other than mages and dwarves is there anything else you are looking for? I see a girl by herself...she looks bored. Probably not that fat guy.....Maybe him..Oh, never mind, he's creepy." He turned around on the chair. "Ooh, dwarf at your one o'clock. Oh, never mind, he has company. What made you start this quest anyway?" He asked, turning back towards Toxin.

(OOC: Do you want me to make a girl now or would you rather I wait? And when/if I do make a girl should she be a mage?(or are mages usually guys?))

''Well, a guy can only work for so long, right?

I'm not getting any younger.''

Toxin lay back and watched as Moon looked around for able bodies.

''Well, that and the gold. I always wanted to see that river of gold. So many stories have come from that mountain, I wan to see if their all true.''

Toxin noticed a girl walk into the tavern. She seemed suited to the quest.

''What about her Moon-me-boy?'' he said, gesturing towards her.

Moon swiveled to look at the girl that just walked in. "Ooh, sure. Go fetch!" He said with a grin.

Glimmer went into the tavern and flounced over to the counter. "I want the usual." She said to the bar tender. She made her way to her favorite bench in the back corner and sat down. The barmaid brought her drink over and handed it to her. "Thanks, Tilly. Here, buy yourself something pretty." She said, handing the barmaid a few coins. The barmaid left and Glimmer enjoyed her drink as she studied the tavern's occupants.

''Ok, lets go get ourselves a new member.'' Toxin rose, drink in hand, and walked towards the woman.

Once close enough he sat across from her.

''Come here often?''

Moon grabbed his drink and followed Toxin to the girl's table and sat down.

Glimmer watched the guys get up and walk over then sit down. "Maybe. Do you? And how do you know that those chairs aren't occupied?" She asked, trying to toy with them. She took a sip of her drink, her eyes never leaving Toxin's mask.

''I don't generally come to this tavern, but others like it are scattered around the place. I've been tho enough of them to know the kind of people who hang out in them.''

She seems good enough, but what can she do?

''I'm looking for someone to join me (and the big man meat here) on a little adventure...interested?''

Moon made a pouty face when Toxin called him a 'big meat man'. "That's not fair!" He said crossing his arms. "You're the big one."

Glimmer couldn't help but chuckle at the guys' banter. "So let me get this straight, you want a random girl to join you and meathead on a 'little' adventure just because you ask her to? Tell you what, if you tell me what the adventure is all about and there is enough danger in it then I will join you nuts. Okay?" She said. She was really interested in going, but she wanted to seem in control.

''I am actually rather small....body wise. You try wearing 3 to 4 layers of armour and looking petite.''

Turning back to the woman, Toxin laughed before replying.

''Ah ah ahh. Not before I know what you can do. I don't go telling my plans to just about anyone.''

Moon shrugged at Toxin then glared at the girl. "I'm an elf not a meathead." He said, more to himself than to them. He finished his drink, playing absent-mindedly with his sword hilt. "Anyone else need a refill?" He asked, motioning to the drinks.

Glimmer stared at Toxin for a while then she turned and made drinks come off of a barmaid's tray and sail through the air to land on their table. She looked a the elvish guy's surprised face then looked at Toxin. "I can also hold my own in hand to hand combat. Also, if you've heard of Gandalf, he gave me this....Personally." She pulled out her wand, showed it to them for a minute, then hid it back under her cloak. "Now will you tell me?" She asked, impatient to get moving again.

Toxin turned to look at Moon.

''Good choice.''

A mage would be useful...

''Fine, I'll tell you. The Lonely mountain. Erebor. Where the gold is as plentiful as the Earth.

There are simply two complications:

1) Smaug.

2) The journey.

So, if you have any sense you'll turn me down.

But...

If you crave a life free of the problems of gold.

A life with any and everything your heart could possibly desire.

Join me.'' Toxin extended his hand towards her.

Come on girl, shake. You could be useful...

Glimmer looked down at Toxin's hand then reached out and took it. "Okay, are we waiting for anyone or can we get out of here?" She asked, looking back and forth between them. She dropped his hand and rested both of hers on the table. "What are you two called anyway?"

''Ha, I'm not sure if you should be so eager, but ok, what the hell.''

Toxin raised his drink.

''To gold!'' he cheered before he lifted his mask to chug it down in a single go.

''You can call me Toxin. I have the last group member outside waiting, so when you two are ready...''

Moon raised his glass. "To gold!" His finished his drink and stood up. "Oh, I'm Moon by the way." He said, offering his hand to the girl.

Glimmer frowned at their toast. "To adventure." She said firmly. She stood and shook Moon's hand. "That's nice." She said, leading the way out of the tavern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back