• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom There and back again.

Eleniel was taken back by Talvin's words. He said what she couldnt. And she was grateful. However, she was even more surprised when Tauriel commanded him to leave. Eleniel went wide-eyed,"What?" she whispered in disbelief. Her arrow lowered a little, she was off guard now. But when the guard spoke, she snapped back to attention, aiming at him. Then Tauriel said it again,"Go..." Oh how the word sounded sweet. But it was a bitter sweet, part of Eleniel wanted to be with Tauriel, they were good friends and she would miss her. Eleniel finally lowered her weapon and placed her arrow back into its quiver. "I have to go with them, something is telling me to. And i have to follow this feeling," her words were soft spoken. She shook her head looked at the ground,"But that doesnt mean you wont see me again...elvellon." she smiled a sad smile. She bowed to Tauriel in respect and in thanks.

*Elvellon means elf-friend

Last edited by a moderator:
Talvin watched as the two elves said their goodbyes. He didnt say a word, remark or gesture. Nor a foul stare. Tauriel told them to go, and he didnt want to leave a final say. Eleniel already said it.

Giving a bow of his own, he began to turn his back, but not completely. He wanted to wait until Eleniel was walking in front of him when they came back to the group. They were close to leaving the elves, but he didnt want to leave anything else left to chance or sudden change of hearts. He kept his hand on the hilt of his sword. Keeping it hidden though. The last thing he wanted was the elves to suspect who he was. Even if they did, he had to make sure Eleniel was alright.

Moon turned when he heard his name called and went over to Grace. "Yes?" He asked politely, remembering her wound and wondering if she needed help. He saw Toxin running the other way and nodded, understanding that she probably wanted to follow. "May I?" He asked, wondering if she was okay with him wrapping his arm under her arm and around her back. That would put them really close together. That probably meant he would trip and make a fool of himself. Bummer......

Eleniel turned and passed Talvin who was waiting for her to start walking. There was a heavy feeling in her heart from saying good bye to her friend. But she knew it had to be done. She didnt know what, but something kept urging her to stick with this new group. Her sapphire eyes glanced to Talvin to see if he followed, then to Tauriel, then back infront of her. 'I hope Thranduil isnt too harsh on her, its not her fault....'

She walked a few yards, out of sight from the other elves. She lifted her head and looked at the group, looking at each of their faces,"Wheres Toxin...?" her eye brow raised. She looked around again, and her eyebrows furrowed,"Wheres Toxin..." She repeated more sternly. Mirkwood is not the place to lose someone.

Toxin recognised his name and ran back towards it. When he saw the group some sense returned to him.

''Come...'' he said, looking at the group.

''Come this way...'' he said pointing towards Erebor...or was it Erebor? He felt as if something was pulling him towards the mountain.

Not something, the gold. The gold called him.

''This way...'' then turned and began to run to the mountain again, this time stopping every once in a while to look back to make sure they were following him.

Letting Eleniel pas, he gave one last look at Tauriel. Somehow he figured they'd cross paths again. And with more aggression to make up for.

Snapping he eyes back at Eleniel when she asked about Toxin, he completely forgot in the heat of the moment.

"I had Moon and Glimmer look after- Shit! Did he run off!?"

Breaking into a sprint, following the rest of the group he soon saw Toxin moving towards the mountain. He couldnt tell if he was still mad or not, but he must have been excited to be close to his goal. At least that was what Talvin thought.

"Toxin! Not so fast!" Talvin called while trying to get his breath back. "You're still under the influence dammit! I swear if we find that river, I'll dunk his head in to wash him into sobriety."

The she-elf looked at Talvin when he spoke. So he put the reaponsibility on the other two. Either way he managed to escape. Toxin came back, he mustve not been too far. When he started speaking Eleniel...well...Eleniel raised an eyebrow to Toxin's words. She couldnt tell the spore's effects had stopped working on him, she still thought he was a little off. "Toxin I dont think you know what youre talking about." she shook her head and smiled. But then again...he was pointing in the right the direction. Toxin took off,"Wait!" she called.

She went after him, Talvin close behind. She giggled and laughed at Talvin when he expressed his frustration toward Toxin,"Dont worry the rivers just up a head I can hear the water," she turned her attention back to Toxin, keeping up with him,"Becareful with the river ahead, Toxin!" she called out the warning.

Toxin, seeing the river ahead of him, sped up and, after reaching the bank, leapt into the air.

He soared over the water, his cloak blowing in the breeze...

...and then not so much.

Toxins reactions kicked in, his arms pulling him to the surface and then the frantic movement of limbs eventually brought him to the other bank where he sat and looked back at the river.

His head hurt now, so he removed his mask and began to try and dry off.

The mask wasn't wet in the slightest but the same couldn't be said for the rest of him.

He looked to the left and noticed some mountains in Mirkwood...the Mirkwood mountains.

''Huh...'' Toxin realised that the sun was visible once more so he lay back to enjoy it whilst it lasted.

Glimmer ran after Toxin with everyone else. It felt like her heart stopped for a moment when Toxin jumped into the river and disappeared. She let out her breath when he climbed up on the opposite shore. "Do we all need to get over there too?" She asked, not sure which way they were supposed to be heading. "It will be hard to cross with Grace....Wait a minute." She looked around and didn't see Moon or Grace. She cursed softly. "Now what?" She asked, looking back towards where they had come from.

Moon stood awkwardly beside Grace, listening to the sounds of the others running through the woods. "Uh, maybe we should get going before we loose the others." He said quietly, gripping his sword hilt for comfort.

Grace grabbed hold of Moon and smiled ''Sorry my mind was elsware, poison does that to a girl.'' she smiled before pulling Moon with her the way the ohers had gone until they reached the stream ''I cant swim throguth that....'' Grace said. Not that she couldn't swim, just that her leg wouldent allow her to cross the stream alive.

Talvin came running through and found himself on the bank of the river. At first he darted his eyes with worry, and saw Toxin floating in the stream. He was about to dive in after him, but before he got his boots off, he saw the passive look in his eyes. Almost relaxing.

Talvin gave a sigh of relief.

"Finally. It's out of his system." He said letting out the stress. He followed everyone's concern about the river. Also wondering how Toxin made it through as he was, an idea sprung to life. He reached for the side of his belt and pulled out the grappling hook. He comepletly forgot about it with all that had happened. Taking aim, he swung the hook a few times and...

[dice]6361[/dice]

Not practicing for a while with a hook cost him. It slipped from his grasp when it swung in his direction and violently hit him in the head, knocking back onto the ground with a thud. Groaning from the throbbing bruise on his head, he lay there for a moment.

"If anyone is going to tell this story in their years to come...leave this part out..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Eleniel reached the bank and stopped right where the water met the pebbly shore. Her sapphire eyes watched intently as Toxin flailed his way across the water and to the otherside. Should that even be considered swimming? Any how, at least he made it. Which was a huge relief.

"I cant swim through that," she heard a voice say behind her,"Well you have no choice. Unless youd like to stay behind on this bank," she smirked. Of course she didnt mean it but they really did need to cross. "When we get across and set up camp a little further I will heal it for you if you wish." Eleniel bent down, her white hair touching the water infront of her toes a little. She tightened the straps on her boots. She straightened up then tightened the quiver on her back and made sure her bow was secure on her back. Wouldnt want it to float away,"Elvish-medicine works best on poisons. Especially those belonging from the evil on this earth." There was no time to waste. The sun was high, by nightfall they had to set up camp. She followed the river upstream a little ways, where there were large rocks under the water. Not too deep, but its better than jumping into the cold river. Shed use the rocks as a path. Though the water would still be atleast waist deep but the rocks were large so there wasnt much of a falling-into-the-water threat.

She approached the bank again once she was at the right spot. She shuffled into the water until she was close to knee deep before stepping on the first stone. It was cold, but she tried to ignore it, that wasnt important. The water was strong and heavy, its flow pushed against her body, making balancing harder than normal. Her arms stretched outward on eachside to help keep as much balance as possible. The temperature of the water made her muscles stiff and numb as she crossed, which really didnt help either. But it had to be done. She was half way now, the crisp and clear water up to her waist with the ends of her lon hair dragging behind her in the liquid. She dragged each leg against the current, trudging along the rocky path. She was close to the other side, and the next rock she set her foot on had a thin layer of slimy moss clinging to it. Her footing was lost and she was caught between a few rocks,"Not now," she hissed under her breath. Her foot fell through a small opening in the rocks, but with some struggle she broke free. Unharmed thankfully. She hopped to the other side and her body tensed. Pink lips quivered as her body shivered. Her legs dripped and the weight of the water made her clothes cling to her skin tightly. The sun had never felt better than at this moment....

Moon smiled. "I understand." He took a deep breath to continue, then realized it would probably just start babbling and shut his mouth instead. He allowed Grace to pull him to the stream, surprised with how well she was getting on. After Grace's comment he looked at Glimmer and then down at her wand.

Glimmer nodded and pulled out her wand. It seemed like rather a waste of energy but since someone was hurt, she may as well, just to make life easier. She put up a temporary shield that stemmed the water flow so it was more like a wide lake. "I'll only be able to hold it for a little while, so if you can swim, wait or swim fast." She said, pointing her wand at the shield, which glowed a light purple-y color. "Moon, help Grace across, its still deep." Glimmer said after a moment, her voice slightly strained.

Moon stepped into the lake and offered Grace his hand, trying to ignore the coldness of the water.

(@CAP Ireland, if you want me to roll for the spell, just let me know.)

Talvin picked himself up and saw how everyone was getting across the river. If they could do it as long as they were careful, he could. Keeping his arms up, he slowly made his way into the stream. The current was strong, and he almost slipped, but he was making good progress. He looked up, seeing Eleniels figure from the wet cloths. He would have almost whispered 'wow' to himself if a fish didnt swim between his legs. He was startled, but he kept pushing forward, until he reached the other side and dragged himself onto the river bank. He then lay down next to Toxin, his own energy leaving him.

"We didnt really get much of a rest since that fiasco this morning, did we?"

Toxin stood, walked to the river and threw up into it.

After a minute or so of recovery, he returned to Talvin and sat back down.

''...nope.'' Toxins face was flush and he was now quickly realising the severity of his headache.

''So...who's up for sleeping her? I know I am!'' Toxin lay down and, seconds later, began to grown whilst he slept.

Eleniel stood, body tense from the cold water. She watched everyone pass carefully and especially kept an eye on Grace, incase help was needed. It was appearent Talvin and Toxin were tired,but they couldnt rest yet,"We cant sleep here. Infact, we should get going as quickly as possible. The river bends and crosses our path again, just up a head. From then on we can follow the river." She took a deep breath, a little tired herself,"But from here until then is more dense forest and brush. I wanted to get through before nightfall, that way we could follow the river in the morning. Setting up camp here is bad idea...." she mumbled the last part to herself. Her crystal blue eyes went from looking at Talvin and Toxin, to looking across the bank, at the forest they just came out of. The first place the elves would check, if Thranduil sends more, would be the river. Besides, the river is a path many take. Trolls, wild animals, maybe even orcs. A river was easy to navigate, it was a wide, moving road basically.

''Just get me out of this damn forest already I hate it and I don't care how long it takes I just need to leave it!'' Grace lowered herself onto the riverbank and began to inspect her wound. It hurt so she put some lotions on it but it would still inconvenience her for the next few days before heeling as a scar.

Glimmer sank to one knee and dropped her wand, unable to hold the water back anymore. The water suddenly started flowing through at full force, rushing up onto the bank several feet. She took a deep breath and tried to stand, but her legs buckled. She landed on her rear with almost no grace at all. She brushed her hair from her forehead and leaned her head on her knees. "I might need a little help getting across." She said.

Moon saw Grace safely across then noticed Glimmer was back on the other side. He looked down at Talvin and Toxin laying on the ground and sighed. He slid back into the water then ad to brace himself. The current was way stronger now, without Glimmer's spell. He finally made it over and waited patiently while Glimmer gathered enough energy to move.

Eleniel watched as Moon helped Grace cross onto their side. Now all we needed was Glimmer. However, there seemed to be a problem. Glimmer couldnt exactly get across. The she-elf didnt know why. Maybe she didnt know how to swim? Or she didnt have enough energy. Perhaps the water was too cold for her. Eleniel could agree with the last one. She sighed, this was all they needed. But a comrade is much more important than the temperature of water, and if need be, Eleniel was more than willing to cross again and help her. She took a few steps toward the bank again, but saw Moon already had this covered. Eleniel continued to watch, closer to the water this time, incase they needed another hand.

Moon helped Glimmer across the racing river and she laid down next to Toxin and Talvin. "Could we rest here for just a minute. Holding that current back really took my energy. That spell is hard to hold." Glimmer said, after thanking Moon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back