• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom There and back again.

Toxin put his hand over the map as Eleniel mentioned replacing it. All this talk of their adventure had him reminiscing and, unfortunately, that included thinking about bloody Paton. Toxin went back into the cave after giving Glimmer a nod of thanks about the shield. Looking at the helmet, he took out the dagger and set about removing it's blue colouring and most of it's unnecessary flash bits. Soon, he would have it down to something similar to his old mask. His focus flitted between the conversation outside, the mask/helmet and his own thoughts. He'd felt unsure of himself since losing Paton. He hated that. He needed to be strong now. Looking out at Talvin, Moon and Glimmer, Toxin felt almost inadequate comparatively. They knew who they were whilst he'd always just been him. Before, that had been enough as they had been in a relatively safe place. Now it was kill or be killed. He drew his attention to the helmet as his lack of focus had made it appear more like a sheet of scared metal with two eye sockets and space for a nose and mouth. It looked terrible, but it would do for the time. He put it on and lay back, he breathed deeply and the cold air chilled his lungs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talvin's face dropped into a blank stare of surprise as soon as she said she'd join them. "Wait, what?" He looked around at the group to see their reactions quickly. "Ummm, likewise on our meeting, but as much as we appreciate..."

She wishes to come with us. I say let her. Prove her you are what you are but more.

Rolling his eye back, he turned to look for Toxin, but saw him walk back further into the cave. He glanced back at the elves. "Sorry, can we have a moment?"

He walked back into the cave, and as soon as he was about to give a panicked outburst, he saw Toxin was having a moment. Dropping what distressed look or stance he had, he approached him from behind. Letting him hear his footsteps. "Are you alright, Toxin?" Talvin asked with care.

''Ehh.'' Toxin grumbled. He was deep in thought. and harden't heard Talvin approaching.

''How will he be remembered do you think? Will anyone remember him? Will anyone remember us?'' Toxin spoke without thinking. His thoughts were of his earlier days alone at night. He loved to look on the stars. The cold he felt then was as biting as the cold he felt now.

''I say we go to Angmar. Smaug issn't going anywhere soon.'' He lay back, relaxed still. He harden't gone this far back in his memories in a while. He was onto something.

Talvin heard the words roll out of Toxin's mouth. And who would blame him for saying them? They lost their companion only about a day ago and already trying to bury the pain to stay alive. And as soon as he mentioned Angmar, Talvin couldnt help but hold back his words of surprise and rebutting. This wasnt the time for either anyway.

"We'll carve his story into the stone halls of Er-" He stopped himself. He didnt want to test how good elven hearing was. "Of our destination after we're done. And we can let the world know what we did for gold, or glory, or for the mere feeling of fellowship, or whatever you want. All of this is your story. And our tales are interwoven with it, so I think I can speak for everyone when I say none of us regretted a moment of it. I certainly dont."

He looked back at the stars and the mountains. "I wont make a speech out of this part, but I made a promise. I will carry it out. So if you want, we can go into Angmar and do what we need to. But only if you're absolutely sure. Cause that elven huntress wont take kindly to the idea at all."

''He didn't do it for glory or gold.'' Toxin smiled as he spoke ''He came because I asked him. No if's, no buts. And, for once, your wrong.'' Toxin sat up then and looked over at Talvin.

''It's not my story. It's our legend...at least I hope it is. I don't want to be a bloody cautionary tale warning kids not to fuck with dragons.'' Toxin slowly got up and walked up next to Talvin.

''And about...Angmar...I won't tell her if you don't...'' Toxin tried to whisper this last part but it may have been a little too low for even Talvin to hear, but as he had the elven enchantment on he hoped he heard it.

Nothing was happening. Nothing. Snow, snow, rock and snow.

Boring time.

Then he saw a flash of blades and his eyes followed it.

Black spots in the distance. Some moved and some disappeared, but they harden't been there yesterday.

He turned to look at the others and signalled for them to come.

They saw them too, after a while.

''Report back. Say that the uruks ar-''

''I think those are irks actually...''

''Their all the same rant they?''

''I don't know. Must be different somehow.''

''Good point. I always found Ur-''

''SHUT UP! One of you, go tell Carn Dûm already.''

''But thats days away!''

''Then you better get moving then, don't-cha?''

One of the others got down and began to travel towards the capital.

Talvin paced around the cave. If Toxin wanted Talvin to raise Angmar, he needed a plan. And a cover for the elves since he was positive they weren't going to leave them alone. He rubbed his temple, trying to think of something. "Well..." he kept it a whisper. "Angmar wont accept us on a whim. I've made a few friends but not enough to make it easy. On top of it all, there's the elf..."

He looked at the woman quickly then back out into the horizon of mountains. His eyes then lit up as an idea hit him. Not a safe one however. "Okay, I might have a plan. The bad news it I may have to do most of it alone...and cost some gold..." Another flash crossed his mind. "Or maybe...not gold from our destination...Ok, I've got it. I know enough people here to get Angmars attention. I'll make some noise and during that time, you and the others can move further onward without getting noticed. When next we meet up, I'll have to open a deal with you or something with the backup I'll bring. Make it look like a tough time to convince you, but I dont think gold will be needed. Weapons, iron and that beasts head maybe, but not gold."

''And you're sure you won't just be immidiatly castrated and hung from a bridge as a warning to others?'' Toxin liked the idea. it meant that everyone could advance, they could try and convince Eleniel not to kill Talvin (or them). God knows that, if they were going through Mirkwood and the elves could sense the Morgul blade it would't be easy to convince the elves there to let keep on breathing.

"Probably," Talvin said with a sense of dread. "But it's either that or risk a trip into Mirkwood with them and ask the king to let us continue out of the kindness in his heart. Either way, something is already stirring here. If I dont do this, chances are it will be more chaotic and everyone will be thrown into the fray."

''...good point. When your ready to go, give me a sign and I'll distract the elves. It's the least I can do...'' he bowed he head and spoke in a slightly sarcastic tone ''my gracious king.''

Talvin's look suddenly dropped into something grim beyond words. "Not. Funny. One. Bit..." Giving a hint of a smile afterwards, he gave a pat on Toxins back and walk over to Glimmer and Moon, keeping a step in front of them both. He didnt know if the shield was up or not, but it was better to keep god appearances. "Sorry about all that," he addressed Eleniel. "anyway my lady, we would be happy to have your company and guidance."

Toxin watched Talvin go and greet Eleniel. He returned to his position and began to meditate/nap once more.

Eleniel would ocasionally look over at Toxin and Talvin speaking to one another. She looked at Glimmer and Moon and rubbed her arm awkwardly,"So...." she started. Although it didnt seem like it, she was eves dropping on the two guys. Some parts she heard clearly, and other parts were really hard to figure out. Either way, she'll find out soon.

The pair came back and accepted her request to join. She placed her hands on her hips and leaned to one said,"Good." She nodded and lifted her chin. The guard behind her grabbed Eleniel by the shoulder and pulled her aside. He whispered in her ear,"I really dont think this is a good idead, Thranduil is going to be furious with you. He may declare you as a traitor."

"Im sure he'll be thankful Ive left."

"How could you say that? He was there for you when your father died."

Eleniel looked at him and raised her voice slightly,"But he could never replace him! He didnt care about me, he only saw me as a tool, nothing more. ...Even then i wasnt good enough...."

"But--"

"No." She narrowed her sapphire eyes at him. They stood in silence for a moment, looking at eachother. "Go back, I'll probably be banished but it doesnt mean you should suffer the same fate from my decisions." Her voice was calm and kind again. She genuinely meant it. He had been by her side for a long time, she would hate for him to lose his position because of her. There was a lump in her throat when she spoke, and her eyes were glossed from held back tears. Leaving home was never easy, it was true, Thranduil never seemed to like her. Since childhood she tried proving herself to him, but he was especially hard on her. The sadness in her heart was from leaving a friend and for realizing she never belonged there anyway.

The elf guard bowed,"If needed, please come back." He sounded somewhat sad.

Eleniel nodded,"Go." She said again. And like that the guard instructed the remaining followers to follow him back into the tree line and make their way back to Mirkwood. The she-elf turned and walked back to Talvin, Moon, and Glimmer. She saw Toxin going back to his resting state. She cleared her throat then spoke,"We should do the same, we have a long road ahead," her voice was softer to match the quietness of the night and she avoided eye contact. The moon was high, must be pretty late.

''She's got daddy issues.'' Toxin sang ''Don't let it get the better of you thought, I didn't, and I shot my dad.'' Toxin decided to get up and introduce the group.

Once outside the cave he started to walk around a little, stretching here and there as he spoke.

''So, heres how it goes:

Talvin over here is sorta like our own personal plague of locusts: incredibly useful to have, deadly and incredible sight, but people tend to not exactly like those things when they might be on the other side of things.

Glimmer is our own little magic gal. She's useful in and out of a fight as well as excellent company.

Moon is..ehh....yeah, he's Moon. I like to think of him as cannon fodder, he does not. (I'm Joking Moon).

Then theres me. Guy in a mask armed with nothing but arrows, swords and wit.'' Toxin turned to Eleniel and raised his hands up a little as he turned, making a sort of T shape.

''So, which way are we going then? Mirkwood, great idea! We'll follow you.'' Don't ask about the quest, don't ask about the quest, don't ask about the quest!

"Mirkwood?" Eleniel said in shock. 'Of all places,' she thought. Of all the elven realms, Mirkwood was the least welcoming, especially with foreigners. Thranduil was wise in an "iron-fist" way. He did not favor outsiders unless it benefitted him in some way. And now that shes essentially a rogue, he will be especially harsh with her. Not that he never was.....come to think of it, he may not treat her so differently. "Why Mirkwood?" she asked, an eyebrow raised.

''Lovely place this time of year. It's actually the easiest way to our destination so...'' Toxin leant against the cave entrance ''The one problem I see us having is with the elves, but as we have you and Moon here, that should be no trouble...It wont be, will it?''

Eleniel bit her lip,"I suppose i could talk to the elves but....Thranduil himself is a different story." Its true he would be tough to crack. "Im sure when word reaches him I've left, he will banish me." She put a hand to her chin,"Its not going to be easy, and the forest its self is a challenge...but thats why im here" she looked up at Toxin,"You sure about this?" she was nervous about facing Thranduil, now that she is exiled he could punish her as he pleases, as well as the rest of the group.

''Sure? Never. But we're going to do it anyway...unless you have an idea that doesn't end with you getting a stern talking to as we run away.'' Toxin took out his map again and looked it over.

''We could try following the river ('cos that worked so well last time). Not having to defend ourselves from every side has it's advantages...''

"My thanks for the flattery." Talvin said at the comment. He turned back to Eleniel. Whatever was her reasons for banishing herself from Thranduil's court was definitely one for discussion when she would open up.

"I'm with Eleniel on this one Toxin," Talvin said with concern. "Technically, Thranduil has a right to kill us on the spot for trespass. He wont even let us go unless we squeal about where, why, and how...well yeah. At least that's what I heard he was capable of. If we need to, the river-"

Howling in the distance. Too rough for wolves.

Talvin stopped talking and moved towards the edge of a cliff side. A wild river down below. "We need to move." He turned to face Toxin, and suddenly his eyes widened.

Shoom!

An arrow flew past and hit Talvin just below the stomach. He looked almost in shock. "Well...good run anyways..." He said weakly. With that, he stumbled backwards and fell. Plummeting towards the river below, away from whatever shot the arrow from afar.

((I'll see you later peeps! I aint leaving this for long! :D ))

Toxin wasted no time drawing his bow.

Not again.

He readied the shot and aimed at where he believed the shooters to be.

He saw nothing. Toxin panicked for a second before realising that, without an archer the only way the arrow could have....

That bloody dick. I'll kill him for real next time.

''Run!'' Toxin began sprinting down the mountain towards Mirkwood.

Even if Talvin had been shot, Mirkwood was the only place where Toxin felt they stood a chance. Elves, no matter how unreasonable, were still easier to talk sense to than an arrow.

Grace sat near murkwood smoking her pipe. She had been wandering around for days now trying to compose herself and be ready herself for her adventure. The problem now was that she didn't quite know what her adventure would entail. She was so desperate to go and live her life she forgot to make a plan. "Ay what am I doing here alone, maybe I should just go back to ma father..." she whispers to herself. As she looked into the running water she spotted what seemed to be a group of people, one of which was running AT her.

Moon frowned at Toxin's summery of him, but remained silent. When Talvin got shot and fell over the edge of the brink he ran to the edge and looked down, trying to spot him. He shut his eyes tightly and then hurried after the others.

Glimmer groaned quietly when they decided that the girl would stay. She doubled over when her shield was pierced, part of the pain traveling to her. She started running when Toxin gave the word, trying to forget that Talvin wasn't with them. She stumbled a little from the lingering pain, but she kept up pretty well anyway.

An arrow had flew past Eleniel, and in reaction drew her bow at an alarming speed, releasing it into the darkness behind her. She turned back around and Talvin was gone,"What..." Another arrow whizzed by, tossing some strands of white hair into the wind. She ducked and took off with the others. She stood behind the group occasionally turning around and releasing a few arrows. The dark made it hard to run in the forest with out tripping but elvish reflexes helped a lot.

Toxin saw a figure by the water and began to run at it. If he/she/it knew anything of Talvin's murder, then it was real. If she didn't, maybe it was part of his plan.

He got closer to the figure and now saw that it was a girl.

2 women in 1 day...lucky lucky lucky...

He raised his bow again.

''HELLO, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE JUST HAPPENED TO HAVE KILLED MY FRIEND WOULD YOU, BECAUSE I'D HAVE TO KILL YOU THEN.'' he shouted.

Grace jumped up from the log where she sat and turned around. She drew out her daggers and started to step back a bit.

"WHO ARE YOU?!" she shouted over to Toxin.

For goodness sake I cannot be dealing with this right now.

Grace rolls her eyes and before Toxin had a chance to answer she shouts with an angry bitter tone to her usual calm and collected voice.

" ALSO DO I REALLY LOOK LIKE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WOULD KILL SOMEONE?" Grace now stood strongly and still asserting herself.

Eleniel caught up to the rest,"Why have we stopped?!" she said, bow still in hand. "What happened to Talvin?! Where is he?" She looked at each person in the group, hoping maybe she miscounted. Her blue eyes landed on the stranger,"And you are?" an eye brow raised. Sometimes Eleniel came off as snooty but she was trained to authoritive so it kind of rubbed off on her personality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back