• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom There and back again.

Glimmer kept a clear view of the Uruk and mentally ran through possible spells they might need and different variations of those spells. "Do you guys want me to put a spell of some kind on him? There are plenty of things I could do......" She said, trying to help in some way.

Moon faced away from them, back the way they had come. He sheathed his sword and rubbed his face with his hands, pretending to keep watch or something of that sort.

''I don't know...'' Toxin dropped down until he was leaning over the Uruk. Taking out his new dagger and pressing it against the Uruks neck ''Do you thinks she needs to cast a spell on you so that you burn up if you so much as think about betraying us?''

''NO! Me good Uruk, I take you out, you leave me guard. No one burns, no one dies.'' the Uruk smiled after that, trying to seem almost friendly.

Glimmer snorted. "Oh, yeah! A 'good' Uruk." She said, her tone soaked in sarcasm. She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at Toxin, waiting for him to make the decision.

"...no, I believe him." Talvin said, raising him up, but keeping the blade close to the uruks throat. "I'll go in the lead, keeping him honest. Besides, I still have questions for him anyways. You mind staying by my side Toxin? You might want to be a part of this."

Dorgoth scrambled to his feet, careful not to impale himself on Toxin's dagger.

He walked over to the cave behind where he had been sat and beckoned the group towards him.

''Quick 'n quiet.'' he said.

Toxin unsheathed his sword and walked towards the entrance, stopping short of it to wait for Talvin to join him.

Keeping close to the uruk, Talvin sheathed his sword and followed while keeping his eyes peeled for trouble. In a hushed tone, he wanted to talk. "One more thing. Has there been talk in the ranks about someone returning? An heir of Angmar or something like that? A friend said word got out about people looking for him. Along with your people from what I heard."

''I don't know nothing 'bout that.'' Dorgoth sniffed the air. It smelt of Uruk, but it waxen't fresh Uruk. He walked on.

''Did here something 'bout Angmar. Think they said something about it not being Gondor's for long, but I don't know nothing.''

Toxin felt like he was walking into a trap. He hated closed in spaces.

Moon turned around and followed, carefully stepping around, and avoiding looking at the dead Uruk. He kept his sword out and kept looking behind him, getting uncomfortable being underground.

Glimmer followed closely behind the two T's(Sorry, I'm being lazy.), once again gripping her wand tightly. 'This is certainly something I've never done before....' She thought.

Dorgoth began walking through the caverns briskly. About 50 minutes of stop-start walking (to check for other Uruk) he took the group into a cavern with a light shining about 200 meters away. Dorgoth turned from the light and covered his face with his shield.

''Go now, Uruk's not here when sun out. You safe for little time. GO.'' he said, retreating into the caverns as soon as he had said his piece.

Walking out into the light the group find themselves in a snowy wasteland with ragged rocks and tall mountains around them except for two areas:

·one less mountainous than the others that seemed habitable and a possible route.

·one that, the further they looked, the less white it appeared, eventually displaying the fall colours just before a mountain blocked their view.

Toxin took out the map and held it open. He remembered it had been Paton but stopped himself from showing emotion. It was a shitty little map from a guy he once new now. ''I'm fucking lost, but, if I know anything about this land, I think we might be on Rohan's borders. But why would the Uruks be watching this area if it's no.... is that Gundabad?'' he pointed at a mountain close to the company. Lights seemed to flicker from it at different points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talvin's face darkened. "Great. Either we've got a rebellion taking shape or someone is already chanting my damn name..."

Following the group out, he turned back to the uruk. "For what it's worth, thanks." He then wrapped his cloak around him closer as soon as the cold hit him. Hearing Toxin's comment, he rushed over to him, looking at the map. He then looked at the mountain then back at the cavern they came out of.

"Shit! I thought we were closer, but it must have been an outpost. If we were under Gundabad, the place would have been swarming with uruks!" He then looked around with a grim expression. "Which means we really are in Angmars backyard..."

''Yeah...'' Toxin felt unsure of himself. Paton generally would walk in a direction now and that was that, adventure was a go.

But now he had to think.

''Angmar is...Angmar. Gondor is holding it currently (if memory serves) but, you know, your kinda the heir to...this'' he gestured at the bleak, white mountains. The sound of wind was the only thing that greeted them.

''Or, we can go to the nice shiny dark forest and...ehh....you know what, I'm going to sit in the cave and start a fire. It's bloody cold out here and I can't be fucked to make a decision.'' turning to Talvin, Toxin continued ''You're probably thinking of getting your kingdome back, aint ya? Well, I'm here for gold. A kingdom might make that easier or maybe we all die out here in the cold. You three can decide whilst I go and enjoy the sweet bloody Lamas bread. y.a.y.'' Toxin turned and entered the caves once more. Picking up scraps of twigs and rocks he built and lit small fire. It went out frequently causing his to swear, restart it and prey it wouldn't go out again. Then it did, and the cycle continued.

Talvin looked over the mountains while Toxin was talking, but as soon as he mentioned a kingdom, he turned to him with a surprised look. He had a moment to himself, then turned and walked towards Toxin in the cave. "I need a moment alone with him." He said passing by Moon and Glimmer. Reaching the cave, he noticed Toxin having trouble with the fire.

"Hold a moment."

Taking a pair of sticks, he used his cloak to shield them both from the cold wind as well as use his knee to keep one stick on the ground still. Spinning the other stick edge on the wood, it eventually gave off a small smoke. He quickly and gently blew on it and a fire was born, adding it to the stick pile Toxin created. "Took me a good few months to get that one mastered."

He looked at the growing fire as he sat down. "I don't want a kingdom Toxin," He said heavily. "I admit, coming with you and slaying a dragon, I wanted that to ad to my legend, get some respect and make an army to let Gondor know I want revenge, but a whole kingdom? Can you imagine how many people of all races would be after my head if they thought I was every bit like the Witch-king?" He looked back outside the cave. "All this isn't what I want. I want payback and move on. Not raise a country of darkness with rogues, uruks and gods know what else. Though I can promise you this. I'll help you however I can within my power to see this quest through. I'll even help you kill Gothmog. Even if it means taking up arms and making myself known as the heir of Angmar. But after all this, and Gondor knows my plight, I'm turning my back on Angmar."

You cannot mean it! You're the legacy that endures! Your will and power will be infinite!

Talvin shook his head quickly. "And the sword isn't taking my answer kindly..."

Night had fallen, and the elves of Mirkwood had unfinished business. A patrol troop of about 7 scouted just outside the perimeter of the Mirkwood territory, being the forest that shrouded them. Darkness was groing, and drew nearer still. Despite the last light of the sun disappearing behind the tree line, all seemed peaceful. It was quite and the only movement was the rustling of trees when the wind picked up. Of course that doesnt give an excuse let your guard down, anything can happen, and even the most trained elves can be taken by surprise.

A young she-elf lead the troop, two rows of three following behind. None talked, they knew of the many dangers that could come if someone were to hear their voices. The silence had another advantage, they could hear everything else around them. Eleniel, the she-elf captain, raised her hand, a signal for the soldiers behind her to stop. And they did. Sapphire blue eyes glinted in the moonlight, and her white hair radiated in the starlight. Her hair and eyes always seemed luminous at night when the moon and stars were out. In fact some believed she had a celestial connection to the stars and the moon, of course it is just a rumor, but being born on Elenya, or, "Star-day" in English, didnt help to prove the rumor wrong. As a child people said her hair catches starlight and becomes whiter and sustains its unnatural glow. As far as Eleniel is concerned, she was just born with it.

The wind picked up again, and with it carried a faint scent of smoke and burning wood. Her caution was raised. In a low and quiet voice she spoke,"Nárë...(Fire...)." she paused and listened for a moment then spoke again,"Sácë i aldar! Hára hurin." She commanded that they search the area using the trees to stay hidden. The troop dispersed and were on high guard. They climbed and leaped in the trees quietly, searching for the source of the scent. Eleniel searched as well her black clothes keeping her well hidden in the dark, and in her wandering she heard faint voices not to far. She followed.

The voices were especially audible due to the sound waves bouncing off by a near by cave/cavern. She followed the sounds to a sight of two men near a small fire, talking. But she couldnt tell if there were anymore, at least not at the angle she was standing, she could only see them. But who were they? Bandits? Thieves? Marauders? Perhaps just travelers? Either way she couldnt ignore them, she had to make sure they werent a threat. But how?

A sudden force pulled at her sixth sense. There was something evil near, too close infact. But the only ones close enough are the two men. They did not look like orcs or goblins, and they definately werent trolls. And if any had been spotted her men would have called out. Little did she know this dark presence was radiating off the sword that hung at the hilt of one of the two men. "They carry something..." she whispered to herself. That could have been the only explanation.

(Sorry my intros are always kinda long)

Moon perked up a few minutes after Talvin left to talk to Toxin. "Um....Glimmer? I think there is someone here." He said, carefully scanning the nearby area. He gripped his sword tightly snuck closer to where the others were.

Glimmer frowned at Moon as he quietly went about finding out who the trespasser was. She strode out into the open. "Who are you and what do you want?" She called out confidently, hiding her wand from view and instead pulling out her spear.

Another voice called out. A female one. It was farther away than the two males in her sight. She, and another next to her, seemed just as aware as she was. They seemed a little more fearful, by their voices and body language, but its understandable. In a way Eleniel had a bit of fear, she didnt know what these strangers were capable of. Eleniel sighed,"Guess thered no point in hiding now," she muttered to herself. She jumped down from the branch she was perched on and walked into the moon's light to be seen. The light shone on her long white hair, making it and her fair skin contrast from her black clothing and the darkness of light. Unknowingly holding that well-known celestial beauty most elves had, with high reguard. Still, she didnt hesitate to take action. She had an arrow at the ready and the bow string pulled back, looking at the two. Both were armed which gave her a reason to be as well. "Garel carma!" she yelled at her men, telling them to hold their fire.

Eleniel was a kind hearted person, but when on the job she had to be a little more firm,"Do not attempt any sort of attack. You are surrounded and outnumbered. My men are watching with in the trees. I draw my bow and they draw theirs, i loosen an arrow and they with theirs, are we clear?" her words were quick, like arrows themselves, and her voice was stern but not mean just heavy with authority. She was just warning them,"Now, if you put your weapons down, I shall with mine," her arrow was aimed at the two infront of her, the female and a male, she knew the other two males by the fire were being watched by her soldiers so she neednt worry, besides they were within her peripheral vision, so she could somewhat see them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well hello there.

It had been a while since Toxin had been held at bow point by such a woman. It brought back fond memories that brought him back into a playful mood.

''We shall talk more later when we're alone.'' he muttered to Talvin just before he stood up and, with a practiced motion, drew his bow, loaded it, and stepped out next to Moon and Glimmer.

''Let lose your arrows and I'll do the same. You look relatively young for an elf so I'd say you have many more years of life ahead of you than all of us combine. Shame to waste them.'' Toxin tried to make eye contact with her.

''...Glimmer, Moon, lower your weapons but don't sheath them.'' Toxin walked forward towards the elf ''I'm Toxin. Bad name, I know, but it's what I've got. So, you know who I am, it's only polite to return the favor...'' he continued to look into her eyes. Partly to distract her and ease the tension, partly because he thought them as pretty.

"Agreed." Talvin said quickly. He took out his bow and arrow quickly also. Keeping his eyes open, he tried to get a good idea of the numbers. Whoever this elf woman was, she spoke true. They were outnumbered considerably.

"Somehow I'm not surprised they're here." Talvin whispered. He then tried to address the woman as well. "While you're at it, what's a mirkwood troop doing here in the backyard of Angmar?"

One of the fire-side lads came up to the others she was speaking to. He instructed them to lower their weapons, like she asked and they did so. That put her at ease. She hesitated to put hers down though. She looked at Toxin back into his eyes, letting him know she wasnt afraid to stare him down. Then her eyes peered to her left and then to her right, knowing her troops still kept watch even as she lowered her weapon. Eleniel bowed her head with a curt nod,"I am Eleniel, one of the many captains of King Thranduil's guard." She said politely. Her eyes turned to the other fire-side lad. He asked why she was out here in the first place.

Despite her smaller height (especially for an elf) she lifted her head and raised an eyebrow,"I should ask the same." She retorted. I said she was kind, but i never said she wasnt sarcastic. But that was just her playful side. "Our business is our own, but if you must know, its our turn to do patrol in these parts tonight. Dark things stir in the forest, Im sure you know, and they grow closer." She could feel it more than ever now. That same dark presence. Elves were creatures of light, and if its one thing that made her uneasy its evil and the shadow they thrive in. One of Eleniel's followers came out from the treeline, unarmed as well. He stood beside her,"Eleniel, badghron násë i pen man turi Morgul hathol...." he glared at Talvin as he whispered. "What?!" her voice hissed. Her eyes shot wide and she looked over at him. It all made sense now! That dark force was emitting from him! In a swift motion she pulled a dagger and lunged at his throat, letting it barely touch his flesh,"So...heir of Angmar, what is it exactly you are doing here in the first place? Its your turn to answer..." her voice was grim and her eye brows furrowed into a determined look. Determined to kill him if hes really who she thinks he is. Rumors spread fast, especially among the elves, although it wasnt confirmed he was indeed an heir (or the heir) you could never be too careful. Things started to take a violent turn again...

--------------------------------------------

Guard Translation: "Eleniel, I think he is the one who wields the Morgul blade."

''Or you could just try and kill one of my friends, that works.'' Toxin walked back next to Glimmer ''Throw up a shield would you?'' he whispered.

''Look, we're here to go t-...'' I already owe enough of the gold, I don't need more elves taking their share...damn I hate that sword.

''Ok, look, that IS an evil little sword, but it's just a sword. Clearly, it's not powerful enough to stop you from slicing his throat, so it can't be that bad, huh?'' Toxin lowered his bow ''We've come for Rivendell on a quest with Elrond's blessing. Surely, that must be enough of a reason for you not to kill us (or him). Let him go and we can all still leave this place alive. Sound good?'' Remind me not to piss her off anytime soon...

As soon as he heard the elf say the word 'Morgul', Talvin's stomach twisted. He pulled his cloak closer over his sword, but as soon as he did, he was inches to Eleniel's face, with a dagger to his throat. He glanced at Toxin in a way that said Yeah, this stuff tends to happen. He turned back to face Eleniel, this time with a fire of his own in his eyes.

"A fair question," He said in a dark tone. "but lets get a few things clear. One, I didnt choose that title. I can promise you that, unlikely though it sounds. Two, me and my friends here had to escape an uruk outpost. They werent in the mood to talk. Three, and this is the important part..."

He was about to reach for his dagger behind his belt when Toxin suddenly spoke up. He shrugged and relaxed a little. "Well, yeah. Three, what he just said."

Eleniel looked into Talvin's eyes. His story was convincing enough and so was Toxin's plea to let them go. She pushed the blade a little closer before pulling back and putting it back in its rightful holster on her right thigh. "Elrond?" her voice was softer that time and sounded genuinely surprised. Surely hearing them speak the name of a great elf Lord was enough to get on her good side. Only those who truely needed to seek his council would know of his name. That, or if they despised him. Eleniel wasnt sure how to feel about this. She wanted to trust them, but that would be letting her emotions get in the way of her job. She sighed and pulled back to look at Talvin from a more appropriate distance,"My sincerest apologies...." she mumbled and diverted her eyes away from them. Usually she didnt care when proven wrong, but almost killing someone from an assumption...thats embarrassing. But as said before, you can never be too careful. She crossed her arms,"Alright then," she looked over to her right, into the forest and nodded, giving the ok that its clear to come out. The remaining soldiers stepped out and lined back up behind her,"How long have the four of you been traveling?" while she waited for their reply she instructed the troops to surround the camp and keep watch. Out in these parts anything could happen.

''About 6 years. We are very bad with maps...'' Toxin laughed and then nervously poked Glimmer with his elbow ''Shield...us.....now....'' he was trying to stealthily whisper the words. He removed his mask and turned to look at what he thought was Gundabad.

''Mirkwood huh....not many trees for a wood is there?'' we are the best at jokes...or she'll think we're an idiot.

Toxin laughed a little.

''Ok, we started out about....ehh.....a fortnight ago?'' he knew answering a question with a question was a bad idea, but he had no clue as to how long they had been traveling. He smiled at Eleniel, trying to act less weird.

Talvin didn't know what to think at the time. All he knew was she believed their story, or else she'd have pushed her blade all the way through his neck. Still, he was relieved she withdrew herself. His eyes widened when she mumbled her apology. Of all this things he expected from the Mirkwood elves, that was a new one.

"Well, I joined up with the group just before we met up with Lord Elrond. After that he sent us on our way. There were five of us originally..." His eyes showed a dark sadness. "One, we lost to...some abomination who called himself Gothmog. We werent a match for it at the time, so we had to outrun it. Hence, why we came here."

He scratched his head. Thinking for a moment, he wondered if they were going to let the group part ways.

They wont leave us. Not after sensing your power. The least they are going to do it try to put a leash on you, or at least the whole group.

The sword had a point. The best they could do at this point was repair relations.

He took a step forward, trying to look as honest as possible. "Look, let's start over on the introductions. I'm Talvin. Mercenary and occasional ranger for different people. Despite recent events, it's a pleasure to meet you Eleniel."

Eleniel gave a blank and unamused look at Toxin,"....hilarious.." she said sarcastically. Even if it wasnt all that funny, Eleniel still admired his efforts. She sighed,"If you cant read your map, then allow me to replace it and accompany you." Her tone seemed more like she was telling them rather than asking them for thier approval to let her join. "Eleniel--" the guard behind her started to speak up but Eleniel cut him off,"Dín!" she silenced him. She turned to face him and spoke in a quiet voice,"If Thranduil wont acknowledge me, maybe he will now. Besides, they could use an extra member to put their team back at full strength." Her attention went back to the group at hand. Talvin spoke of the 5th member they lost. She could tell by his voice and the look on his face it was a painful memory. She knew all too well, loss is not so easily forgotten and not so easy to pull through. He explained further, mentioning the culprit. The atmosphere had grown a little sad and solemn but Talvin quickly brushed it aside, concerning Eleniel a bit, she could feel he was holding it in. He formally introduced himself. He was right, they did start off on the wrong foot. She chuckled,"And Im Eleniel, a please to meet you as well."

Glimmer quietly threw up a shield that was undetectable but pretty effective, giving Toxin a small nod so he would know she had done it. She glared inconspicuously at the elf girl while they were all talking. She had lowered her spear but she kept a firm grip on it. She looked at Toxin and raised an eyebrow when the girl decided she should join them. She had to admit that she had been reluctant to have Talvin join them at first but he had turned out to be pretty cool......but a girl?

Moon stood behind the others, most of him hidden. He kept his head lowered but listened intently to the elf girl. He frowned when she mentioned that she should go with them but he remained silent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back