• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom There and back again.

The spider, annoyed that the song had ended, darted forward into the bushes ahead of Talvin to try and get his attention. Unfortunately due to it's size, it's head pushed through the other side of the bush and into the campfire.

''SPIDER!!!'' Steve, surprised and scared, jumped up, drawing his mace in the panic.

Unfortunately, Steve hit the other guard over the head as he drew his mace, knocking him out.

''SPIDER!!!'' Steve now pointed at the spider in case other members of the camp didn't see the rather large spider face piping out from beneath their newly returned friend.

''FUCK YES, I knew you wren't dead!'' Toxin briskly walked towards Talvin but when the spider head popped out of the bush he stopped his advance.

''...are you riding that?'' as, to Toxin, it seemed not only possible (hell, his friend had just survived an arrow shot, Toxin had completely suspended his disbelief by now).

Glimmer perked up when she saw Talvin. "Talvin! Spider!" She exclaimed, first in happiness then in surprise. She pulled out her spear and twirled it in her hands, just in case she needed it.

Moon ran over and gave Talvin a hug without really thinking about it. He froze then pulled back. "Uh, sorry---I just--thought----you were, uh, you know." He mumbled, then turned in the direction of the voice that was yelling. "I love the company you brought!" He said, brightening, eyeing the spider curiously. He went towards the spider slowly, his hand hovering over his sword.

The spider backed away from Moon and then ran out the other side of the bush. It could see that, now that the singer was surrounded by humans, he would be of no use to it.

Steve relaxed a bit when the spider left and noticed his unconscious friend. He began to try and slap him awake.

''Ok, first thing first, I said to give me a sigh when you were going to leave!'' Toxin spoke in an annoyed tone, but not pissed off.

Talvin was slightly surprised when Moon hugged him, but with the day he had he welcomed it. "Hey, it's fine. After the day I've had, I could use some emotional reinforcement." He turned to introduce the spider, but as he saw it run off, he gave a small sad expression. "Oh...must not have liked strangers. I get singing to keep myself sane on the way here, and she dropped by joining in the tune."

"Anyways, it's good to see you all made it out of there with ease...who are these guys?" He asked eyeing the new members in the company.

''Ehh, I'm Steve, son os Steve and a guard of Gondor.'' Steve smiled briefly before returning to his excessive slapping of his partner.

Toxin watched Steve's beating of his partner. The best part was that Steve was waking his partner only to then knock him out again.

As for Talvin's lack of signalling, Toxin decided to ask him later in private.

To her surprise, the light tune came from Talvin! She was happy to see him back and well. The group was at full strength once again. She came out from behind the tree and watched the group become immediately elated with the reunion. Eleniel crossed her arms over chest and smiled, sapphire eyes curving as she did. She stuck her weapon back into its holster and sighed with relief.

However, the two strangers were still a little bothersome. But Eleniel tried to ignore them.

As soon as 'Steve' said he was a guard of Gondor, Talvin's face dropped from happy to downright angry. Talk about ruining the mood. He drew he sword, letting the black steel gleam in the firelight, and pointed the edge just beneath his throat.

"And what the hell brings a watcher from Misas Tirith so far from his post?" Talvin asked in a dark tone. He gave a quick glance to Toxin before keeping his eyes back on Steve. "Tell me he came here uninvited..."

''Minas Tirith? I'm an Angmar guard!'' Steve said, raising his hands to his head as he spoke.

The other guard opened his eyes and caught a glimpse of Talvin's blade.

''Odd looking weapon, I think I've seen it before...'' the guard suddenly realised that he was being straddled by Steve and slowly tried to wiggle his way out of his predicament.

Toxin watched Talvin and Steve. Whilst he didn't really care for blood he also didn't understand the camp's hostility towards the guards.

''Their just doing their jobs...'' he mumbled under his breath.

"Angmar?" Talvin raised an eyebrow at that. His eyes then slightly widened, realizing who they might be, and withdrew the blade. Still keeping it in hand in case he was wrong. "Wait a minute, do you mean the guard under the lord of Carn Dûm? I met some of your number elsewhere." He turned to Toxin quickly. "I'll explain that part later. Just need to know something else first."

He turned back to Steve. "Do you know who I am?" He had to be sure if rumor was spreading properly or not.

''...a merciful man?'' Steve rubbed his neck, happy that it had remained closed.

''I know who you are...'' the other guard said. His wiggling had freed him from Steve but now his head was about to rest on Talvin's inner thigh. Steve helped him up.

''Your family killed generations of my family and yet we continued to serve under the bloody Lord's of Angmar. Well, not so high and mighty now, are you?'' the guard drew his sword and pointed it at Talvin.

Toxin, with bow in hand, loaded an arrow and took aim at the guard.

''Try it.''

Talvin glared at the other guard. "My family got thrown into exile by the greedy councilors of Minas Tirith." He said with dark and angry words. "We earned our place in Numenor but even that wasn't enough, so they sent people to kill us. I was the only lucky one." He drew out his sword, but rather than point it at the guard, he rested the tip on the ground and his hand on the hilt.

"Because I fought back, people now call me the 'Prince of Wolves', or whenever they see this, other people start naming me the 'Heir of Angmar.' You know damn well who was the previous owner of this blade, and I know because it chose me. I'm not telling you this to get fucking sympathy from you. Heck, I dont even know if you're going to leave here alive if the woods will allow it. But I'm at the point in my life where I want the world to know something."

[dice]5529[/dice]

With a swift strike, Talvin quickly spun his blade with the guards sword and disarmed him with ease, pointing the sword at his throat.

"That I'm not to be fucked with anymore...So tell your master that the Heir of the Iron Crown has come. Word for word."

He paused for a moment and glanced at the group. "I really hate getting myself into this sort of thing. And I hate speeches even more."

Last edited by a moderator:
''Whatever you say, but that's the second one today and, if we're going where I think we're going, you're going to be giving quite a few more.'' Toxin lowered his bow, the threat had been dealt with.

The guard looked at his empty sword hand, then the sword, then at Talvin.

''Well shit, your going to have to write that down for me.''

Steve stepped back when Talvin disarmed the other guard. Unfortunately, his foot trod on the fire. This caused Steve to panic and remove his boot, throwing it into a nearby bush.

The bush began to burn.

''Ehh, Glimmer....the bush.'' Toxin pointed at the slowly burning bush.

Glimmer sighed at Steve and whipped out her wand, putting out the fire with a simple spell. "That dude needs his own personal bubble that keeps him from hurting himself and others. Geez." She said, hiding her wand back under her cloak. Her eyes darted to Steve, Talvin, the other guard, then Toxin. "So...." She said slowly. "Now what?"

Moon grinned sheepishly at Talvin then went back over to the fire. He watched the face-off between Talvin and the guard, his hand once again resting on his sword hilt. He looked at the others in the group then down at the ground.

Steve looked at Glimmer and smiled.

''Thanks, much obliged. Now, can we go?'' he gestured the way they had come, back to the mountains and Angmar.

Toxin was starting to get annoyed by the guards. He decided to go and nap whilst leaning on a tree.

"Relax, we dont need to go back to Angmar." Talvin mentioned before Toxin lowered his bow. "Like I said, I'll explain in a bit." He turned back to Steve with a less relaxed look. "You on the other hand best be going back to your master. I think you heard me well enough. You stay another five seconds, that sowrd wont be the only thing lying on the ground."

He turned his back to them and walked over to Talvin, pulling out a small leather bottle and offering it to Toxin. "Pick it up on the way here. Dwarven whisky."

Steve looked at the other guard, then back at the group.

''Bye then.'' he said, walking back the way he had come.

''See you round.'' the other guard said as he followed Steve.

Toxin took the bottle from Talvin, uncorked it and took a swig.

''Not bad.'' he said, happy that his mask hid his now blushing face.

Jesus that's strong.

''So...'' he walked away from camp and discriminately tried to motion Talvin to follow him.

Talvin followed Toxin's meaning and followed suit. "Right, well first things first, arrow wasn't as sharp as it seemed. It pierced the armor and a bit of the flesh, but didnt reach all the way through. The fall down was broken by the river, but I was tumbled from the force of the current. After a while of-"

Talvin stopped himself, and composed his voice properly. "Sorry, you wanted to say something first?"

''Just that I'm happy that you're alive.'' Toxin smiled and took the mask off. Maybe Paton was alive out there. Maybe was better than no.

''Now, as you were saying...''

"Right. Well I tumbled against the riverbed from the fall. Hence this." He gestured to his face. "Then I was washed up on one of the banks. Turns out one of them was a watering hole for some of the Numenor scouts. Even some of the Gundabad rabble too now and then. A group of them found me, patted me down and found my blade. Then they took me back to camp and patched me up, or at least that's what they said they did. They asked who I was and well...I was honest with them. They wanted proof, so I told them to try and take it. One of them did and regretted it later. Another tried to claim it in combat. He almost did, but I beat him in the end. After a bit of drama and talk of promised revenge and battle, they agreed to spread word around Angmar and rally what numbers they could."

He looked past into the darkness of the wood. "I cant say if it will work or not, or even how many will even listen. But the wheels in motion now. Rumor's been confirmed and a few crazed bastards out there are making hunting parties and brigands to march under my banner. Either that or they'll have been killed for sounding stupid. Honestly, I'm not even sure if I'll have an army by the end of it. I'll still need to proove to others I'm worth fighting for. But they know I'm out there now. And that I'm on a quest to arm up Angmar for a war."

Talvin turned back to Toxin with a fire in his eyes.

"Which brings me to Erebor." He said cautiously. "I said I didnt need the gold. And that's still on the table. But I need somewhere for the army to set up. Not the mountain itself, but the ruins outside it. I heard they're still standing. Housings ruined but repairable. Room for camping and makeshift appliances. More importantly, I need Erebors forge put to work as well. The men I met said they have some Numenor rangers and soldiers, but the wildmen need more modern weaponry. They only have sticks and homemade spears. Same fors for a few of the Gundabad tribes. In short, I still dont want the gold, but I need the city ruins and your permission for some of the blacksmiths to use the forges in the mountain."

Elrond's not gonna like this...

''We'll burn those bridges when we get there, alright? Right now I can't promise anything, but if the ruins still stand and no one calls them theirs I can't see new residents being a problem. Anything else?'' Toxin slowly put the mask back on, making sure it fit as well as it could.

"Fair enough. All I promised was a chance to rally and get a plan together." Talvin explained. "The rest was more or less a precaution. Speaking of promises, mine to you still holds." He looked back at the group. "So, how is everyone else holding up?"

''I have no idea. Glimmer was mad about us not standing still and getting shot like you were, Moon has been mostly quiet...almost too quiet.

As for the new girls, Eleniel hasn't killed us yet, so that's good. The other one, Grace, is odd but alright I guess. As for me, I'm just about holding it together, same as always.'' Toxin began to walk back to the fire ''But we'll be fine now that you're here.''

Glimmer watched the two guys walk away, obviously wanting a private conversation. She tended to the fire, adding a few nearby branches to it and watched smugly as the flames jumped up into the air even higher. Suddenly she saw Moon standing a couple feet from the roaring blaze. She grabbed his cloak and pulled him backwards. "Dude! Hello? Moony, are you in there?" She asked waving her hand in front of his face.

"Yeah, uh, sorry. I---" He looked at the fire then at Glimmer. "Sorry, not sure what came over me." He said, avoiding eye contact with her and watching Toxin and Talvin come back into the camp instead. Glimmer let go of his cloak and he went over to one of the trees and climbed it. He sat on one of the fatter branches with his knees to his chest. He could just see the camp through the other branches. Just enough to have some space and not too far that he was in danger.

Toxin walked over to Moon, sat down next to him and began to tell him about what had happened to Talvin.

''-and thats what he did this afternoon. Anyway, whats up with you?'' Toxin tried to sound casual and not as concerned as he was.

Moon looked up when Toxin came over, then stared at his hands during the story. "I'm glad he is okay." He said, then hesitated. "Nothing really. I just......Never mind." He sighed and rubbed his face with his hands. His hands started sweating and he brushed them against his pants to keep it from showing. He angled himself away from Toxin just a little and wrapped his arms around his mid-section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back