• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Theomachy: An Magical Girl RP

Scoundrel

Roleplay Type(s)
Apologies in advance if anything is unclear,I'm not particularly good at writing Interest Checks. If you do have any questions, don't hesitate to ask and I'll do my best to answer them.

Ok, the idea behind this roleplay is pretty straightforward; what if you combined Sailor Moon with Batman?

The basic run-down of the plot is that you play as magical girls (or boys) who have been recruited by magical creatures known as Heralds to fight against the forces of evil.

Specifically, you've been tasked to fight The Harbringer. A mysterious entity that seems to take an particular interest in destroying the city you live in. Sometimes he'll send monsters to cause havoc, other times he'll grant the local criminal organizations magical powes of their own.

As far as the actual story of this rp goes, I'm planning on keeping more episodic and "monster-of-the-week" style. There will be some overarching plot (mainly focusing on finding out things like why The Harbringer is so focused on this particular town) but I don't want to focus too much on it.

I should probably mention that I want this rp to be a bit darker tone-wise. Think something like Batman the Animated Tv-series.

Posting requirements would be one
paragraph at least once a week.

I'm also gonna quickly run-through the magic system of this rp. It works pretty much the same way as most magical girls roleplay. However, the main difference is that each magical draws their powers from a "Source", which in this rp will take the form of a god/monster/hero from any mythology. Essentially, you can give your character any powers you want as long as you can somehow tie it to their Source.

It's important to note that magic does not exist in this universe and as such Your character can't get the ability to use magic even if their source is associated with it.

While multiple magical girls can have the same Source in lore, player characters won't be allowed to have the same Source as another character.

I'm interested too!

Quick question tho, you meant that the magical girls can't cast spells, make potions, rituals and that kind of stuff right? But magic does exist (in the form of the powers themselves)?

I'm interested too!

Quick question tho, you meant that the magical girls can't cast spells, make potions, rituals and that kind of stuff right? But magic does exist (in the form of the powers themselves)?
Yes. That was what I meant.

ETA: Sorry if it was unclear.

Thinking of taking Circe, but I'm not fully sure yet. Transfiguration would be a cool ability.

I’m gonna call dibs on Kronos then, the PJO version. Looking at creating some sort of girl who was perhaps evil at some point prior, but ahs since reformed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back