• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The world of Yrin

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Myremon Seonag
As he ate his breakfast, Myremon could barely register the red whirlwind that greeted him. He only raised a hand as a greeting before she left, ushered by someone outside. "Weird buildings!?" Myremon dropped his bread on his plate, startled by the foxkin's shrill exclamation. "Can you please not mix up my name? And why do we need to check out? First, a group of adventurers are already on the job. Going there is a waste of everybody's time. Second, if you so want to know what will happen, return here at the evening. Rena will be probably drunk and will tell everything that has happened, highly exaggerated, of course." He resumed eating his bread. "Oh yes, I meant to give you this." He produced a pitch black vial, corked. When he moved it, the familiar tendrils of darkness, albeit much smaller, turned around on the inside of it. "I must apologize for the outburst from yesterday. It's... not in my nature. I drew this last night, and it probably can help you in whatever you're working with. Wraith Essence." He placed it on the table. "I'm available if you need help in your concoctions, as long as you don't endanger anyone's life. Now please, sit. I'm waiting for everyone so we can discuss some sensitive subjects." He said, and resumed eating his breakfast.

Shi

Shi woke up with the fluffy creature burrowed under the blankets. She had fallen asleep? She didn't remember doing that. She sat up and her head was killing her. She hissed painfully and held her head in her hands. It was a horrid feeling that she wished would stop. She kicked wildly, thankfully avoiding the fluffy creature she had brought back with her, and ended up falling on the floor.
"Hurt! Pain!"
Gabe Gabe RizaTiz RizaTiz Randomfella Randomfella

Lily Ylva
Nier - 4th Day​
Lily stood, bouncing on her toes, looking at Myremon with a sideways face. "But who knows what could be there!" She somewhat wondered allowed, pouting slightly at the wraith's response, that was, until he placed the vial onto the table. Lily's jaw dropped at the sight of it, even before he explained exactly what it was, and as he did, the expression of surprise slowly turned as her lips curled upwards. "Amazing..." She silently mused, eyes fixated upon the swirling tendrils. This was more than just a gift to the half-human, even if she was to find a wraith, Lily doubted she would even know the first thing about extracting such a substance.

After a short while, Lily's gaze left the vial, as she looked up toward the wraith. "Thank you!" She beamed up toward him, before suddenly leaping toward him, arms wide until she suddenly clasped down upon him in a tight hug. Lily grabbed onto his sides as she buried her face into the wraith's chest. "Don't worry Myremoo!... Mon! You don't need to apologise!" Lily couldn't help but show eagerness in her voice, even through the thankful tone, it was clear her mind was far more fixated upon the vial as she continued to steal glances toward it. Shortly after leaping atop him, Lily leapt back down, a slight giggle escaping her as she climbed onto one of the chairs opposite to him.

Picking up the vial, Lily slowly moved it closer to her face, inspecting it as she spoke. "So you don't like cute nicknames?" Disappointment seemed to infect her tone, though it clearly wasn't her main focus. "How about...... Myreman!" A slight smile formed on her focused expression, eyes still gazing over the vial's contents, looking up toward the wraith for but a short moment before returning to the substance. Her ears slightly perked at the sound from the room above them, eyes darting upward, but only for half a second.

Veronica nearly spit out her food from the scare of suddenly hearing Shi's voice. "Hey, It's alright." From what she could remember, she knew that Shi had drank a bottle as well. "It's just a headache. It should be gone soon." She went over to her and tried comfort her. "Just uh...calm down"

Ash quietly woke up and rubbed her eyes. She had such a nice dream last night. She stood up and went to the bathroom. Veronica noticed and looked over "Hey Ash, if you're going to take a bath, give me your clothes so I can wash them. They must be pretty dirty." Ash entered the bathroom and once she finished undressing, slipped her clothes through the door, closing it and then taking a bath. Veronica grabbed her clothes and put them in the washing machine, which had just finished cleaning and drying her clothes. She went into a separate room alone and changed clothes. She went back into the room with Shi and Ash and placed her clothes on a drawer and waited for Ash to finish. Her clothes should be cleaned and dried once she finished.

Gabe Gabe Randomfella Randomfella Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

Myremon Seonag
"I don't like nicknames at all. It's already bad with Rena not even bothering with remembering my name. Myremon is fine." He said, looking at Lily's expressions. "Something wrong with the essence? I can draw more, if you need. It'll take some time, though. It hurts a little." His eyes snapped to the ceiling as he heard the noise, but after nothing following it, he just ignored it.

Nazzek Minara
The thump two rooms over startled Nazzek. The merfolk pirate rose from his bed, instantly receiving a face full of sunlight, which made him crash at the bed twice as hard. Fortunately, the.. tailed girl's healing eased him of hangover, making him get ready for the day faster. 10 minutes later, he was already downstairs, getting breakfast. Seeing familiar faces, he ended up sitting on their table, much to the wraith's chagrin.

Myremon Seonag & Nazzek Minara
"What do you want now, merfolk?" Myremon asked, glaring at him. As much as he was somewhat trustworthy, being inside Nier, he still had his doubts. "Mornin' Mr. Wraith. I spent the night mullin' over this idea, an' I think I might tag along wit' you guys. I mean, everyone needs some stron-" Myremon shook his head, not taking the merfolk out of his sight. "No thank you. Fighting the Demon Lord is alre-" It was Nazzek's face to interrupt. "Youse going to fight the Demon Lord? More than reason t' let me tag along." He said, glaring. Gritting his teeth, he restrained himself as to not break the wooden mug on his hand. "The Demon Lord killed me crew, me captain, me family. I was going to knock on his door eventually, but with friends like you, I mighta have a chance." Myremon cursed his slip of the tongue. Nobody knew if there were spies within Nier, and blabbering about their quest is already problem enough without these worries. "The answer is still no. I won't hold myself responsible for someone I barely met." Nazzek sighed, turning to Lily. "Is he the leader of yer group? If not, I'm going to wait for everyone else." He said, a defying stare at the wraith. Myremon only sighed. "Suit yourself, merfolk. I doubt the rest of the group will let you in, however."

Lily Ylva
Nier - 4th Day​
"That's so boring!... But alright..." Lily responded, smiling up toward him. In truth, she didn't much care about what he wanted her to call him, but then again... Angering someone who could produce a substance such as this... "It's perfect." She responded, still looking within with pure intrigued. "But yeah, more is always better." Lily slyly grinned, gazing within as if under a trance, her thoughts rummaging over the potential of such a fluid.

In fact, she was so entranced by it, that she hadn't even noticed Nazzak. Or at least, she didn't care enough at that very moment. Lily listened, but didn't respond, until Nazzek suddenly spoke up to her. "Ha! No! I'm the...!" She suddenly began to yap in glee, gaze moving over toward Myremon's expression. "I mean... Uh... Look at him Myremon! That big bad demon guy killed his family! Just like mine! We can't deny him that!" Lily blurted out, placing the vial safety into a secure pouch in her satchel, before scooting her chair closer to the merfolk's. "Plus! Look at those muscles! Now imagine those, but ten times bigger!" She began to giggle, squeezing his arms as she stared into the air, imagining the big guy enhanced by her yet to be invented concoctions. Of course, her reasoning wasn't truly why she wanted to have him along; After all, if he were a human or demon, she likely wouldn't have been so eager to accept him. "And he can speak Beastkin! Never know when that might come in handy!" Lily beamed at her own logic, despite that it skimmed over the fact that she too spoke the tongue.

Shi

Shi kept hissing at the pain. She heard Veronica say it was a headache. Her head was hurting, but she'd never had one. It was quickly fading though and she sat up. She found the fluffy creature at the edge of the bed, inspecting what was going on. She reached up and pet it's head. She stood up and picked up the little ball of fluff. Her head had very quickly stopped hurting, which she liked very much. She walked downstairs to the bar and found everyone down there already. She smiled and sat down in a chair.
"Good morning!"
RizaTiz RizaTiz Gabe Gabe Randomfella Randomfella

The machine finished washing and drying Ash's clothes. It didn't have much to wash because it was just a jacket and shorts. Ash finished taking a bath and Veronica gave her her clothes back. Ash came out the bathroom "Good morning." She grabbed her giant duck and placed the rubber duck back into her pocket. "Where are the others?" asked Ash. "They're downstairs. C'mon, let's join them." Veronica grabbed her things and went downstairs. "Hey, we're here." She grabbed a chair and sat down. "So, what do we do now?" Veronica wanted to stay in this city for at least another day or two. Get some supplies and maybe a better weapon. "...And what do we do with Rena? Do we bring her along?"

"She can take care of herself. She's been here for more than a year, and if she survived until now, I'm sure she'll keep on fighting. Anyway, first order of business." He put his fork down. "As you all know, we need funds to travel. Provisions, equipment, et cetera. And since none of you that aren't from here have any money, we need to make some. My money already ran out with renting the rooms." He placed two coins on the table. "That's all I have. My idea is simple: Nier hosts an Adventurer's Guild. We can take up bounties and missions so we can raise funds for our quest. I would like your input on all of this. But first..." He sighed, pointing at the merfolk. Nazzek had a business grin on his face, his four hands crossed together. "Mr. Merfolk here-" The merfolk raised on hand. "Me name is Nazzek Minara!" Myremon sighed once again. "Alright. Mr. Nazzek Minara is looking for a group. Our goals match, since he also seeks... what we seek, but I have my reservations. So, I'm hosting a vote. Raise your hand if you think Mr. Nazzek Minara can join us." He crossed his hand. "I already have casted my vote."

"Good idea. I'd like to be able to buy some more items and get a better sword." They'd also be helping some people out. She turned to look at Nazzek when Myremon started a vote. "Well if he's willing to help us, the more the merrier." She raised her hand slightly. Ash raised her hand as well.

Shi

Shi heard them talking about a vote to bring the new stranger along. They called him Nazek, or something similar. She shot her hand up in the air, beaming with excitement.
"Shark make good friend! Shi vote Shark come!"

Lily Ylva
Nier - 4th Day​
"Yaay!" Lily cheered, shooting both her hands up in the air at Nazzek, before smiling lightly back toward Myremon. "Don't worry Myre... Mon! I'm sure Nazzy will be a big help! You can always trust beastkin!" She gleefully stated, looking around at the others before pondering his earlier notice. "I could always sell some of my tonics! The selection around here seems so bland! Not even a single!..." The half-human seemed to stop mid-sentence, as if questioning herself in thought, before turning toward Nazzek curiously. "Psst! Nazzy! Are there... Laws here!?" She hush-fully whispered toward him, in true Lily fashion her words easily audible even outside the tavern.

Nazzek's grin grew wider and wider the more Myremon's companions voiced their opinions, a smug expression painted across his face. Myremon sighed, extremely displeased, yet resigned. "By the gods... Alright. Since the votes are four to one, I believe you're free to join our quest, Nazzek. Don't think I'm pleased about this." Nazzek laughed, and looked at everyone. "Thanks fer the vote of confidence, y'all! I'm sure yer not goin' to regret!" He said, giving four thumbs up to everyone. "Now that this is settled, I believe we have our next destination. Everyone, grab your gear and get ready. I'll go ahead and check the mission board, and get us registered. Don't dally." He said, retrieving his staff from the bartender and going out the door. Nazzek looked at Lily with a puzzled expression. "Of course there are laws, I mean, there are guards an' stuff. If yer talkin' bout alchemy, I think that most poisons are banned, but yer gotta check with the guards. I dunno a lot 'bout these things, I arrived here..." He looked up, counting his fingers. "Uh... Three days ago. Alright y'all, I'm gonna go grab me stuff and head to the guild. Once again, thanks fer acceptin' me." Nazzek rose from the table and went to grab his belongings.

"Well I'm ready" Veronica stood up and followed behind Myremon. "So am I!" Ash followed them as well.

The street was filled of people of many different races. The sky was bright, few clouds in sight. Veronica walked next to Myremon
"So, where's the guild?" There were many buildings in Nier and many houses, someone could easily get lost inside this massive city. "Oh yeah, Got any idea where Rena is?" Veronica was hoping to be able to speak with her. She wanted to know what happened to her group and if she had encountered Celestia's group. Ash walked behind, bumping into many people and being pushed out of the way.

Shi

Shi followed behind with her creature in her arms. She was glad it liked her, she liked it too. Her tails swayed back and forth, but she was careful not to hit anyone with them. She looked over and saw Ash getting pushed around. She reached out with a tail and pulled the girl beside her where no one would push her.
"Ash good. Shi protect Ash."
RizaTiz RizaTiz Randomfella Randomfella Gabe Gabe

Lily Ylva
Nier - 4th Day​
Lily placed a finger to her lips, pondering Nazzek's response. "Hmmmmm..." She wondered aloud, her eyes watching Myremon leave the bar. Jiggling slightly, her bag rattling on her back, the half-human legged it out of the door to follow Myremon.

Dancing excitedly around the others, Lily was giddy with excitement over the missions. "Adventure awaits! I wonder if there's a bounty on the demon lord! Two birds one stone right!?" The small beastkin grinned, before her mouth suddenly opened wide with her next thought in a sort of awe. "What if that dragon is on there!? Oooh! Imagine what we could harvest from such a creature!" Lily bounced, it seemed onlookers peered as they walked by at the loud fox, though despite her energy she seemed to flow through the crowds without much issue. "OH! What if!..." When was this going to end...? It seemed the ideas in her mind had no point of end, as she continued to ramble out-loud.

summer-kim-13-1.jpg
The Adventurer's Guild of Nier was located in the middle of the main square of the city, surrounded by merchant stalls and dozens of people going about their business. Flags were placed atop of it, making it more of a tourist attraction than a guild house, but that didn't stop the intense flow of highly armored and armed individuals to navigate on the large halls. The giant bulletin board right at the door was the most crowded, papers being pinned and taken in a weird but harmonious dance. The rest of the large hall was less packed with people, but just as busy. The counter had attendants from several different races,
"There it is." He pointed at the massive structure in the square. "This is the great Adventurer's Guild of Nier. I think I still have my registration tag somewhere..." He started fishing in his bag while moving inside. "She's probably in a quest of her own. I wouldn't worry much about her." When they entered the hall, Myremon raised his fist in the air, a silver tag on his hand. "A-ha! There it is. Glad I didn't miss it." The group could feel it, and Myremon tried to ignore it, but lots of people around them looked at Myremon with disgust or anger. People avoided his path, and some even had their hands at their weapons. He beckoned his group to reach the counters, where a smiling wolfkin woman followed them with her eyes. "Welcome to the Adventurer's Guild of Nier! Would you like to registrate or report?" Myremon rested his staff on the counter and offered his tag to the attendant. "Both, actually. I'm Myremon Seonag, and I want to check in with the guild. I also brought four..." he looked back at him and noticed a large, blue mass moving inside. He groaned, turning back to the girl. "Scratch that, five people to register." She nodded and looked at the tag, then went to the back and started searching for some papers. "Ah! Found ye! What we doin'?" The wolfkin returned with several papers on her hand, giving them to Myremon. "Here, the applicant forms. Also, Mr. Seonag, after several months of inactivity, the guild has deemed you Missing In Action. The picture in your profile doesn't match you as well. To prove that you're the one that you're saying you are, please, accompany me." Myremon nodded, and turned to the group. "I'll have to go, but I'll meet you shortly. In the meanwhile, fill the form and give it to her when you're done, she'll fill you with the details." The wolfkin directed Myremon to another room, leaving the group alone.

Nazzek grabbed a quill from the counter and started filling the form. "Nev'r thought that I'd be in a guild like dat, to be honest. I always thought I'd be at sea me whole life." He noticed that the attendant didn't take Myremon's sheet with her, as it was still on the counter. Nazzek took the sheet in his hands, looking at the picture. "Hey look! Izzat the wraith? He's really diff'rent in this picture!" He showed the group the sheet, with a picture attached. Myremon had explained to the group before, a magitech device could imprint a so called "photograph" into paper, a incredibly detailed rendition of a scene. It was extremely expensive, used only for official documents.
ebda399cce3b5a721585d3b45fffbe55.jpg

Last edited:
Veronica looked at Myremon's picture while she was filling out the form. "Yeah. That's him..." She hasn't seen that face for over a year. Hopefully they'd be able to get him back to normal soon. She continued filling out the form but stopped when she noticed Ash who kept staring at the form. "Hey Ash, you gotta put your information there." Ash continued staring and then looked away in embarrassment. "Huh? What's wrong?" Ash mumbled something. "Speak up Ash, I can't hear you." She placed a hand on Ash's shoulder. "I...I don't know how to read...or write..."

Lily Ylva
Nier - 4th Day​
"Oooh!" Lily mused in awe at the building, the attraction of it definitely not wasted on her. Inside, her attention was far more captured by the going on's within, than on Myremon's conversation with the attendant, still, as she handed out the forms, the half-human let out a short "Ishi!" In thanks to the wolf.

As she began to fill in her form, if you could even call it that, Lily gazed up toward the picture of Myremon. "Handsome for a human!" She giggled up toward them, before pondering the image, and looking back. "Far less interesting than he is now though!" She added with a short grin, before returning her attention to the form. Lily's writing skills were, to put it lightly, underdeveloped. The half-human wrote in short words, only in beastkin, and with handwriting near impossible to read for any but herself, and spelling rarely close to correct. By each of them, drawn images illustrated her points, and often were there rather than any words.

Lily's ears perked as Veronica spoke to Ash, her grinning face turning toward them with eyes closed in glee. "What do you mean ya can't write!?" She chuckled loudly, attracting attention from those around them as her tail pulled up her form and held it toward the half-demon, her smiling face beside what was now more like a mess of paper than a serious document. "See! Just think of the words and then... Put 'em down!" Lily continued to chuckle proudly.

Shi

Shi stared at the building with awe. It was amazing. Everything in the city seemed to amaze her. Probably because she had literally never seen anything so amazing. She stopped just before bumping straight into Veronica. She stepped to the side to wait for what was next. She was given a paper, which she stared at, trying to make out the words. They were big, hard words she hadn't ready in any of her books.
"Read?"
She held the paper out in front of her. She only knew that Myremon could read. She really didn't know about the others. Myremon went somewhere so she'd have to see if anybody else could read.

Nazzek Minara
"Wha? Really? Young lass, me father told me that education is the what makes sea cucumbers turn into sharks. C'mere, I'll teach ye how to write yer name! It's Ash, right?" He said, grabbing the girl and placing her on the counter. He grabbed the blank sheet that it was on her hand and placed it near it. "So, yer do a little arc, like when the fish leaps from the water, then ye just make a line in the middle. Dat's an A." He proceeded to write the letter in the "Name" field, a rough A. "Then, ye draw a Leviathan, right when it's going in fer the kill. Then ye just draw two masts connected by a rope." He drew the S and the H, then showed it to the girl. "Dat's Ash! Now, yer turn." He handed her the paper and quill, motioning for her to try. Another sound, this time coming directly to his mind, called to him. "Ye mean that ye can't read, as well? By the five seas, looks like we got our work cut out, eh, white hair lass!" He guffawed, and took the sheet from Shi's hand, listing what were written. "So, yer got yer name, age and local of birth. That's where ye spawned. Then we have sev'ral boxes that ask what 'class' of adventurer ye identify yerself wit. We have swordsman, martial artist, cleric, wizard..." He rattled off the 10 names or so, and then continued to read the application form for Shi.

"O-Ok!" She stared at the form. "little arc and line.....leviathan......two masts connected by rope." She wrote slowly, doing her best not to mess up. A few seconds later, she finished. Her hand writing wasn't the best but it was something. She listened in to Nazzek's explanation of the other listings on the sheet. "Age..." Veronica walked up to Ash. "You said you're fifteen right?" Ash nodded. "Well, you just make a line for the number one and an S but with the top part, flat. Like this" She wrote the number '15' on the form. "That's the number 15. Now...where were you born?" Ash looked to the side. "I can't remember anything before I was 8..." Veronica was shocked, but because she had forgotten that. "Oh! I'm sorry, I forgot. Well, Let's skip that for now." She moved onto the next thing. "Class....Well..." Veronica thought for a moment but then remembered that Ash used her gauntlets as weapons. "How about a Brawler? A Brawler is someone who uses their fists to fight!" She explained how to write the word Brawler and Ash wrote it down.

Lily Ylva
Nier - 4th Day​
Lily returned her paper before her with a smile, looking over the classes as Nazzek explained them. Lily could hardly read basic common, so words like martial artist weren't exactly easily understood, even when read off to her. Still, she did her best to follow his words, and the writing by the boxes. Swordsman? Well, she wasn't a man, but she did technically use a sword. Ticking it, Lily listened on. Cleric? They healed people, right? Her potions did that too, kind of. Ticking it also, she continued on, ticking several more boxes with a satisfied grin. At the end of it all, she drew a picture of a corked vial over the boxes, with a smiling face within it.

"Done!" She grinned happily, holding the mess of paper up into the air triumphantly. "Come on guys! Let's get to adventuring!" Lily giggled, strapping her bag back on, and turning her body toward the door.

Shi

Shi listened to him read everything out for her.
"Shi is Shi. One thousand, eight hundred and twenty-eight!"
She was really proud of herself for counting so high.
"No home. And healer!"
Gabe Gabe

Nazzek Minara
Nazzek was getting quite overwhelmed by the amount of information thrown at him at the same time. "Okay y'all, a little bit of time out." He stopped, looking at his own form. Taking another quill, he finished filling the necessary fields. "And done. Now, lemme see y'all." He took Lily's sheet, and his face took a confused expression instantly. "Yer not supposed to check more than one box! And whass dat supposed to be?" He pointed at the drawing. "If yer an alchemist jus put dat, lass! White hair lass, help foxkin here, please!" Then he focused his attention to Shi. "One thous... What? Are those in days?" He turned to an orc attendant who was nearby, and asked for help with the math. When he returned to Shi, he had an incredulous expression. "Yer... yer 5 years old?"

One of the few things that Nazzek remembered from the previous night was that he met a very cute merfolk, that turned out to not be a merfolk. Nazzek placed his hand on his forehead, seemingly stunned. "I hit on a five year old... Uh, I'll just... go over... there..." He said, still incredulous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back