• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The World of Nava - Interest Check (CLOSED)

SleepyConley

my head hurts
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

OIG1.jpg
In the world of Nava, evil brews on the continent of Manara...
General: In the mood for a fantastical fantasy world? Look no further! I have created a fantasy homebrew world, full of wonders. Currently only one continent is complete. It is fleshed out with regions, kingdoms, cities and characters. I believe I have created in total 19 regions, 9 kingdoms, 11 cities, and 9 characters. All of this along with the races, magic/combat system and religion -among other things- can be found on the World Anvil. To save you time I will list various things from the lore below... but keep in mind so much more lore exists for this world.

Here is a link to the lore!
World Anvil - Nava Lore

Here is a link to the character sheet!

Nava - Character Sheet

╰──╮ ❇ ╭──╯

The Red Forest.jpgThe Wastes.jpgMana Lands.jpg
A few of the regions... The Red Forest, The Wastes and The Mana Lands.

d8e3a9a59383d3adca7dcef12e2159d8.jpg673f204d3f82b0acd4a50b1949fef753.jpg559dd78abc4fcbe5bf895afd68c05017.jpeg
A few of the kingdom flags... Kingdom of Liza, Kingdom of Rothdane and Kingdom of Zarae.

a51dfcfd091cf2536184c25a699d80a9.jpg6a96f6c8cf035cd6f6c6a2d22be9223f.jpgb5b94daa81cc9dc8ccf9d0ac4b5f2145.jpeg
A few of the cities... Bantan, Eldendale, Giithan.

╰──╮ ❇ ╭──╯
Races: The common races are humans, elves and dwarves. The monster races are blood elves, orcish, gobish, beastfolk and alpha beastfolk.

Magic:

Fire Magic: Manipulation and control of fire, often used for offensive spells.

Water Magic: Control over water and other forms of liquid, can be used for healing or offensive spells.

Earth Magic: Ability to control earth, rocks, and plants, often used for defensive spells.

Air Magic: Manipulation of wind and air, can be used for transportation or offensive spells.

Light Magic: Control over light, often associated with healing and purifying spells.

Shadow Magic: Manipulation of shadows and darkness, often associated with stealth or offensive spells.

Illusion Magic: Ability to create illusions and manipulate perceptions.

Soul Magic: Ability to interact with souls or spirits, can be used for communication or manipulation.

Summoning Magic: This type of magic involves calling forth beings or objects from different places, dimensions, or planes of existence to the caster’s location. The summoned entity is often bound to the caster’s will and can be used for various purposes such as combat, servitude, or obtaining information.

Alteration Magic: Ability to alter the physical or magical properties of an object or person.

Barrier Magic: Creation of magical barriers for protection or containment.

Unique Magic: This could refer to any type of magic that is unique to a specific person or entity, often tied to their personal characteristics or experiences.

Forbidden Magic: Dark and evil magic called forth upon using black mana or by using gifts bestowed upon evil forces wishing for you to do their dirty work. Those who cast forbidden magic are often executed.

Rune Magic: Not used as much as it was in the past, but people can cast lines of mana to form geometric runes beamed onto the air or objects to perform different types of magic, without practice, although learning the precise runes is quite difficult, so channeling magic through one's own body has become the norm.

╰──╮ ❇ ╭──╯

Plot: A portal to The Nine Levels of Hell has opened on the continent of Manara, the evil god, Duja, opened the portal. Slowly but surely the demon spawn and their commanders will cross over... Our characters will be the first to discover this. In a dream an unknown god will appear to them, granting them their greatest desire in the form of a power. These people will be known as the marked, because they will receive an emblem of red crimson wings on the palm of their hands. Each time they use their "gift" that was bestowed upon them by the unknown god, the mark will hum and glow. Our characters will be a band of adventures who will meet at a bar in Zagron. Here, they will form a party, this shouldn't take long to do. They will head out on an adventure with, we the players will decide where we want to go. We will make the journey and along the way I will slowly reveal more and more. I will put us into crazy situations no matter where we go. Each character accumulating grand gear and a bank full of gold! Ready for a fantasy adventure in a unique world?

Any chance a human whose been struck by lightning or eaten a magical beast could have electricity for their unique magic?

Any chance a human whose been struck by lightning or eaten a magical beast could have electricity for their unique magic?
Yes! Most everything has mana in this world, lightning and magical beasts are no exception. It is quite possible for one to become a unique magic user by these circumstances. If your choice is lightning, then that will become your unique magic, since lightning isn't a primary type of magic, that would be awesome! Give them a scenario where they don't quite realize they've obtained the ability at first though. Kinda like spiderman! Haha!

Very much interested! I've been looking for something fantasy related recently!

I love fantasy settings, especially when it's handcrafted ! I'll take a more proper look at the while setting once I'm on lunch break, but you can painte as interested.

I love fantasy settings, especially when it's handcrafted ! I'll take a more proper look at the while setting once I'm on lunch break, but you can painte as interested.
Hope to see your continued interest!

I'm interested, likely will send a character sheet when I get the chance :)
Awesome! Can't wait to see!!

Sounds fun. I would love to play the frail wizardy wizard.
Of course, make a character you'd enjoy RP'ing!

I wanna loot stuff
Lets go
So much loots in store

-----------------------------------

Thought I'd mention, that whenever we get a few character sheets I'll invite those who made one to an OOC group chat. Thanks for all the interest, it makes me happy :)

I hope I’m not too late, but this looks very interesting! I skimmed over it, but I’ll come back and read it in depth later.

How many rpers are you looking to accept total (I ask since I might be interested in joining)?
However many. Preferably more than a few, the reason is because a few just go M.I.A

But in the rare case everyone sticks around I can handle it.

So, around 5-6 people.

If we do get that many people I'll just control NPC's and be the narrator for events and recaps.

I see. In that case, do you think I should bother trying to apply (since not including myself or you, there appear to be 6 people already interested which appears to be the cap, meaning that I would be the one beyond the limit)?

I see. In that case, do you think I should bother trying to apply (since not including myself or you, there appear to be 6 people already interested which appears to be the cap, meaning that I would be the one beyond the limit)?
Make a character sheet, first come, first serve. We only have one at the moment, I'm not telling you to rush but based on previous experiences it would seem that sometimes those who leave interest either lose that interest or have found another RP they'd rather do more by the time the RP actually starts! So if you're interested enough to make a character, I'd say go for it! And if we have 7 people instead of 6, no big deal. I can handle large groups, makes the RP feel like it is progressing faster at times.

By the way, going through the lore, I see the 9 layers of hell, but is there a heaven (or heaven equivalent) in this world as well?

By the way, going through the lore, I see the 9 layers of hell, but is there a heaven (or heaven equivalent) in this world as well?
That's a secret ;) There is an afterlife and a heaven that people believe they go to for living a righteous life. But there is a little twist, I'll make the lore for it when we get to that part of the story.

By the way, what is the intended level of literacy for this campaign (and pardon me if you said it somewhere else; I'm asking at 4 am my time so I'm likely not thinking at my best right now)?

By the way, out of curiosity, are royal characters (ie children of one of the kings or queens) allowed (note that even if allowed I probably won't go for one; I'm just scouting potential options)?

Also, what can beastkin potentially be, since you indicated that there are golems, which I wouldn't imagine to be beast in the animalistic way?

Lastly for this question session, are vampires allowed for characters?

By the way, what is the intended level of literacy for this campaign (and pardon me if you said it somewhere else; I'm asking at 4 am my time so I'm likely not thinking at my best right now)?
I didn't mention, just be semi-lit at the least

Users who are viewing this thread

Back