• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The World Of Innixus (IC)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
≛ Carlisle Kersey
『 TAGGED 』Interactions: ◇ Britt-21 Britt-21 The Elder The Elder Goonfire Goonfire Mentions:
After that eventful boat ride, Carlisle was just glad to set his two feet onto something that didn't rock back and forth. His boots sunk into the sand, sighing as he realized he'd probably have to empty them with all the sand that will gather inside. "Seems the lord wants to test me today." While the others were relatively on guard, Carlisle stood there relaxed. If something stood on two feet, he was confident he could cut it down. Years of constant fighting made the prospect of getting into one a normality. As long as there wasn't a kraken on land, he'd cut it down like usual.

After taking some time to stretch, he proceeded further from the beach. Overhearing what Valorie said, he walked up next to her and wrapped his arm around her, squeezing her tightly. "Valorie is right! Unless there is a kraken crawling around on land, we will be fine." He released his arm, resting his hand on his hilt as he walked next to Valorie. Even though he was calm, his eyes continued to scan his surroundings. Everything seemed to be going fine... for now. It was best to keep looking than to miss something.

Carlisle's job was to protect people. When it came to finding herbs, he was completely useless. Foraging wasn't his thing and he wasn't going to make it his thing. He turned his head to Valorie, hoping she could answer a few questions. "Looking for anything in particular? If the plants are different, how do you tell if they're safe to consume or not?" While it may seem like a dumb question to somebody who knows, Carlisle did not. He was hoping that she could provide some useful information, especially since he was a watch dog at the moment.
code by @Nano

≛ Alix Dupont
『 TAGGED 』Interactions: CasualTea CasualTea Mentions:
Alix raised an eyebrow as a new person approached, confused as to why he knew Rohen. It seems that Rohen wasn't just a traveler, but that information didn't surprise him. In fact, it made things make a lot more sense. It was unavoidable that he'd listen to their conversation. From what he could gather, it seemed that she had a rather violent past and present. That fact was confirmed when he felt a sharp object poking his leg. Alix stayed rather calm, used to situations like this. Roaming around the slums meant you interacted with people from all walks of life. This wasn't the first time he felt something sharp against his skin.

"You clearly don't know me. I don't care enough to tell anybody nor would I want to. What goes on in your life is of no concern to me. Do whatever you want." Alix's gaze remained on Rohen's eyes, looking back at her. He wasn't an easy person to intimidate, especially since he didn't feel like he had much to lose. "If you kill me, nobody will notice. So the choice is yours." The thought of dying never really scared Alix. Life wasn't great and the afterlife didn't seem daunting. He just lived life to it's fullest capacity, even though that capacity may not give him the most niceties.

After saying his part, Alix tried to change the subject. "Your name is Rohen? I don't know why you hide such a nice name, well, I know why now." He said, chuckling to himself. He didn't really care if she trusted him or not. He wasn't the type of person to openly give out information, especially if they wanted it kept secret. "It seems that you have a lot on your plate." That was an understatement.
code by @Nano

faraine zolas
island time
Beach
tired of this bs
pls refer to photo
interactions

Slav Slav & Britt-21 Britt-21
It didn't take long for the group to begin dispersing along the beach, naturally splitting into self-made groups. Valerie and Carlisle's optimism and determination could be heard from the shoreline in which she stood. Faraine felt at a loss. Was everyone supposed to be on the hunt for greenery and nothing else? If only her mother could hear her thoughts, she'd get a proper smack to the head. Foraging was just as important as hunting or surveying, and the giant knew that. However, she was tired of how cautious the group was. Why couldn't someone venture in the forest while others kept a lookout?

The young woman huffed, pocketing the mysterious scale before walking towards the group. "I'm going to scope out the forest." She sounded exasperated, as if this whole thing bored her. Despite this boredom, Faraine knew that if she went in alone, it would be a death sentence. "You both should join. We will find more flora there, and possible shelter." The giant hoped they would bite at this chance to explore something other the sands of the beach that bordered the entire island.

Faraine could feel her patience waning, under the intense heat of the island. Sweat made her light armor feel impossibly irritating on her skin, and her feet were soggy from the salty waves she stood amongst minutes prior. The culmination of her senses being on overdrive caused her to not wait for an answer, and instead, she came up with another idea. Calloused fingers pulled at one of her many rings, revealing a plain golden band with a single amethyst in the center,

"If you both would rather stay, then hold onto this. It'll bring me back to you." Once the ring was in the palm of her left hand, she waved her right hand over it, silently casting a spell that made the simple ring emanate a blue glow before dimming to its normal appearance once again. "In the meantime, I'm going to scope things out." As she spoke, Faraine reached for Valorie's smaller hands, placing the ring in the palm of her hand before pulling away. "Try.. not to lose it, please."
coded by natasha.

INKY KISS
Zenoulis Silvercraw
Adrenaline kicked into overdrive as the pirate ran away with his self-made damsel in distress. "Are you mad! While I agree with the sentiment, the charge for resisting arrest is not worthy of a bounty, but murder is!" He laughed at her statement. She was so innocent that she didn't even realize the predicament that she was in. “Clearly you have never been out of your bubble before sweetheart. To them, you are nothing, but a demon.” he said, pulling her into an alley. The rain got heavier and set the scene perfectly. The sound of full plated armor echoed in the streets. The soldiers' boots splashed in the shallow puddles; as their splashing got louder, Zel had to think quickly or both of them were dead.

Zenoulis turned his back to the street and threw the cloak’s hood over his head. Not wanting to look suspicious and to make sure Anise was quiet. He pushed his lips against hers and tried to make it look like they were just a couple making out. And with his height, he would block the sight of Anise horns. Once the kissing began Zel forgot about Anise warning and was met with a mouth full of ink. He stood strong, trying not to think of the taste of the ink. The clanking of the armor became quiet. And Zel unlocked his mouth from Anise’s. He hunched over to the side, coughing and spitting all the ink out of his mouth. “Do all.. cough.. female demons do this or is this a you thing?”

After being able to catch his breath, the pirate went from a leaning over, on knee position to sitting against one of the walls in the alley. He looked up to Anise and said “You know… these people don't give a shit about you.” he broke eye contact and let out a big sigh. “Those guards saw your horns and went ‘good enough.’ Instead of looking for me they were going to arrest you and kill you. In their eyes a demon is a demon no matter the person under those horns.”
Code By Nano

Kiara Solarius

__siege_arknights_drawn_by_ivana_anemon__sample-a72ae97911d9d4106b025fcbd984d106.jpg
A barely contained laugh made Ki’s expression look rather goofy. The noise that came after was more akin to personal amusement - a scoff. “ Tigers are no joke but easily subdued once you learn what makes them… “ She almost blurted out the word purr but instead slid in a different term so as not to raise any eyebrows. “ … tick. “ Slowly she turned and laid her cheek against the cold rocks that were perfectly aligned to make the ground around the spa. It was a shock of relief but a welcome one.

“ Ash it is then. “ She drawled out lazily, grinning visibly towards the tall male. “ Glad you like the smells even if they are a bit more floral. “ A yawn broke out and she nuzzled further against the now warming surface beneath her face. Those eyes of hers slid to a tranquil close, weighed down by exhaustion and comfort.

“ It sure is different. Coming to a place like this. My sister and I came from a small village too with little hustle and bustle compared to somewhere vast like Altair. I think I like it, myself. Constantly wandering, not rooted or staying in one place. Seeing all different sights and people. Trying new food. Traveling with the people you care for. Have you both been on your own? “ Ki inquired, eyes remaining closed even as she reminisced and asked them about their travels. “ That would be lonely… “ She admitted, unsure of how she’d truly feel about tackling the world alone without Cecil by her side.

“ You’re welcome to tag along. Toshi here just joined my party, I wouldn’t mind another companion. I’m sure he wouldn’t either. Unless you like the more solitary life… “ Kiara gave a nonchalant shrug that was accompanied by an eye opening so that she could peek up at Asher. “ But I do bounty hunter work with my sister. That's why I've come to Altair. " She didn't mention the failure of the escapee target of hers that was off sailing the seas and out of reach currently. All that was left of her mark was the moon pendant dangling by her collarbones. " Makes decent coin and it can be quite thrilling. Keeps life interesting at least but it’s not for everyone so I’d understand if you’re not keen on doing such a thing. Toshi here likes to fight so he’s already perfect for it. He just needs to work on not getting his ass kicked so much. “ Kiara shot him a playful smile.

“ We gotta head out soon so we can grab a bite to eat at the tavern and meet up with Cecil. I don’t want her to worry. Don’t forget that shaggy hair of yours Toshi. It’s a gorgeous red when it’s not coated in dirt. Reminds me of the setting sun. “ She tilted her head back towards Asher and continued. “ If there’s any spots you can’t reach, I’ll gladly lend a hand. “ She motioned towards the soap in his hand.

Interacted with; Toshi The Elder The Elder Asher Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Mentioned; Cecil Britt-21 Britt-21

Last edited:

NicePng_page-break-png_1806409.png
Addressed: Britt-21 Britt-21 Slav Slav

Mentioned: Firelie Firelie

Inventory:
Bow & Quiver (Arrows x25)
Silk Pouch (56 G)
Satchel w/ Thieves' Tools
20ft Silken Rope
Adventuring Gear
Rations (x5)

NicePng_page-break-png_1806409.png
Within an instant, the world grew dark, and she began to fall.

Panic bubbled up in her throat as she felt fear rise her shackles, her breath caught as she attempted to scream, hearing no sound escape her. Her mind, trapped back in the shadows of her childhood began to tear away at her as she succumbed to the intoxicating effects of whatever mystical dust the old hag blew into her porcelain face, until suddenly, her surroundings were clear, and they were not Altair. The sensation of falling, however, was very real as she plummeted to the ground, a shriek escaping her slender lips as her wings instinctively drew inward to protect themselves while she fell the ten feet in the air, landing in a pile of underbrush. She could see that she was in a dark, foreboding forest, not one she'd known, and she could smell the salt of the ocean, feel its distant breeze upon her skin. Just where have I been brought to?

Struggling to breathe with the wind knocked out of her, she struggled to rise, her lungs resisting as she grasped for a nearby branch, only to fall back as it slid from her hand, knowing it could not support her weight. The leaves around her crunched from her fall, forcing the emerald faerie to wince in sympathy. "S...sorry, dears...moving soon." She managed to get out between coughs, gently caressing the leaves of the bush she landed on, thanking it silently for cushioning her crash. The sound of sand moving, however, was not caused by her, and forced the fae to struggle in alarm, attempting to rise once more until a hammer swung into view, eliciting yet another shriek from the small, green woman.

"Who are you?" An accusatory tone befell the petite fae, causing her to draw her arms from her face and peer up, appreciating the woman's size for shielding the fae from the blinding sun. She was a rather tall, white-haired half-demon wielding an enormous hammer that had hovered just a mere couple inches over Kalmia's bare stomach, forcing her to shudder in delayed fright. I very well could have died if she hadn't restrained herself. "Where in the hell did you come from? You look like you're from the mainland back home." The woman's observations were rather astute, Kal would give her that much, as she began to speak, propping herself up on her elbows as she met the woman's steely gaze. "My name is-" She began when another being, quite different from the half-demon before her, burst into view, knocking the woman's outstretched hand away belligerently.

"You can't just let your guard down like that. She could be a resident of this island or worse, a criminal in hiding. We have to ensure the integrity of this mission, no matter the cost." A thinly manicured brow raised on the fae's face. Mission? She thought curiously, before leaning back again into the brush and raising her hands in surrender, rolling her eyes at the male's ignorant behavior. "I was about to state my name, you imbecile." She glared, her piercing, viridescent gaze assessing him with a hint of contempt. "I am Kalmia, a courtesan of Altair. I came to be here because of a witch, the owner of Bubbly Baubles. Normally I'd encourage more customers, but the vile woman blew dust in my face, which landed me fifteen feet or so up in the air, now crashed in front of you. Does that satisfy you, o' fetid human?" She snarled, moving slowly to her feet, despite the flintlock aimed at her face, keeping in mind that she could hear other footsteps approaching.

Cecil.png
1688399158835.png

Grangrule Grangrule leviohsa leviohsa

Cecil waved her hand "Don't worry about it. You really think I'd abandon if I knew there was danger around? Of course not! Just hang tight, it wont take me very long." That's when the woman dashed out the wagon. With her speed and quick thinking, she was sure to return and save the damsels in distress had they gotten in trouble. She knew her way around, knew what mailing posts looked like and knew very well that she'd be able to get her letter to the inn in time. Rain had hit her pale features, soaked her silver hair, and surely made her look like a wet cat at this point. Dropping her letter off at the post and paying her fair share, she dashed back, taking any shortcuts she could just to get back. Her eyes caught sight of that familiar red hair passing by and going through the gate. Shit, I just barely missed them. Cecil thought, slowing down and using her ears to pick up anything and make sure they were okay. The mercenary even went as far as getting closer to the gate to get a better listen in. They were let through but suddenly had to stop? Why? Did Mae look that out of place? She looked just as human as the Carriage man. With furrowed brows, she wondered what was about to happen. Did she have to beat up some guards to get through? Were they actually the Guards of Altair?

Thinking of an idea, she jogged around the corner and used her mild exhaustion as a way to make her seem she had been running for quite some time. "Oh thank you guys so much for stopping my newly acquainted friends!" Eyes glanced over at the guards, making sure to keep her guard up "They would have probably left me here all by myself and I would have had to find another ride!" Cecil then jogged up to the front of the carriage, making sure both of them had been there and were unharmed. Like I said, I wouldn't leave them if I knew there was danger nearby. "What's the reason for the stop though? Need anything?"

Rina.png
1688408265783.png

Slav Slav StealthyShades StealthyShades Anaxileah Anaxileah Firelie Firelie Goonfire Goonfire Kyuubey Kyuubey

Rina smiled a little when the woman began to adjust herself to get up. Only for her hand to be slapped away and cause the dwelf to puff her cheeks and glare at the culprit. "First of all there's no reason to slap my damn hand away! I'm more than capable of taking care of myself!" The only noises that came out of her were just noises of annoyance while she continued to tell Luca off. Though, to anyone else, it'd just look like an odd scene...Kind of like a mime acting out. "Second of all, we don't just PUT GUNS IN PEOPLES FACES!" For crying out loud she almost turned the woman into a pancake with her mallet. "In case you haven't noticed, she even squeaked like a mouse when I was about to smack her with my weapon." Gesturing to the woman, she continued to stare Luca down "Do you not have EYES! She looks just like some of us here. Nothing looks even exotic enough to claim her as something completely different! If that outfit and hair doesn't scream Elf, Fairy, or Dwarf, I don't know what else would! Look at those ears. They're like mine!"

The girl took a deep breath because she knew this man was just going to be the biggest pain that he has been since the beginning. "Our mission isn't going anywhere. In case you haven't realized that yet." After asking for her name, Rina looked over and took it in What a nice name she has. On top of it all, she even called out Altair. No one from this continent would know that name unless they came from Altair themselves. However, her thought process was debunked as the woman explained she encountered a Witch who sent her here. Blinking a few times, she wondered how could that be...Unless that witch knew of the lands? Furrowing eyebrows made themselves known as she decided to keep that thought to herself. If there were people coming from this land and making it to Altair, there may very well be something going on that the groups had no clue about. "We should believe her, Luca. At least for now. We outmatch her if she is someone we shouldn't trust."

Luminita Spatafora
Unknown Territory, Northern Shores

After waiting to see if she'd need to dash up and hit the unexpected guest, Nita slowly lowered her weapon. She instead approached more cautiously, watching the foliage for other signs of life in case of an ambush. Though she couldn't hear Rina's telepathy, the body language and irritated grunting indicated the hammer wielder's disapproval. "Enough," the knightess interjected, hoping to stop the brewing disagreement. "Luca may be insufferable, but he has a point. Our mission, at this point, is to survive long enough to bring back knowledge of this land. We may have all the time in the world, but we don't know who or what would like to cut that time short for us. We need to know who we can trust, so let's not kill each other five minutes after making landfall."

It was only noon, but hours went by quickly when people were hard at work. Soon enough, eight hours would pass and the sun would slip under the horizon, leaving this party in the dark. It wouldn't be wise to dally and let their camp. "Alright, enough loitering," Nita ordered all within earshot. "We need to unload our supplies and set up camp. If you need to go inland for some reason, take no fewer than two others with you. I want to see a safe base camp by sundown." While it seemed ballsy for her to take charge like this, she was the security escort on this expedition and expected others to see her point; her orders were for the good of the party.

Interactions: Anaxileah Anaxileah Britt-21 Britt-21 Slav Slav

Last edited:
Ciaran
Unknown Territory, Western Shores

As Ciaran made his way along the beach, Nasir asked what he may know about the flora here. "Differentiate," he corrected the first mate in a kind tone, pronouncing the word carefully. "It may be 'ard t' say at a glance, so I might 'ave to tes' these plants. I doobt this place has all th' same herbs w' do back 'ome." Indeed, this completely foreign land intimidated the healer. It would be foolish to administer salves if he didn't know what compounds they contained. Some could be medicinal, while others might literally turn to corrosive acid if he infused them with his magic.

Both Valorie and Faraine requested his presence, the latter seeming rather exasperated, like she was both uncomfortable and impatient. "Y' knoow... I th'nk two foragers 'n one spot woul' be a bi' much. Don't you?" he asked Val while rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "Tell y' wha'... I'll team up w'th Faraine while ye go with Kash. Tha' way, we'll each 'ave someone trus'worthy watching our back, and we can find ye w'th th' ring if someth'n' 'appens."

An idea also crossed Ciaran's mind, giving him a devious grin. He turned away from Faraine for a moment, looking back to Val. "Oh, an' if y' wan', we can also 'ave ourselves a challenge. See who brings back th' largest variety of herbs. How 'boot that?" He seemed almost giddy at the prospect of a foraging competition, almost bouncing with a childlike energy.

Interactions: The Elder The Elder Britt-21 Britt-21 leviohsa leviohsa
Mentions: Thropian Thropian

__flamebringer_arknights_drawn_by_jokerpang__sample-8f563b5b5eda7c176631494a161f1d42.jpg

Asher
Interaction: Kyuubey Kyuubey The Elder The Elder
“Yup it’s definitely a big difference from a small village honestly kind of like it in a way it’s just less dull tho might just be my age talking, “Asher said with a light chuckle. "but it seems like we've all got a similar story in a way hey? tho hmm you Toshiro are definitely rambunctious, got the sparkle of a little kid in your eyes still" Asher would say to Toshiro as he mentioned why he was out on this adventure too. "yeah iv been traveling alone most of the time iv run into a few people over my time but really not suck around with them for all too long people going there separate ways you know?" asher would say with a hum sinking into the hotspring more to wash the soap off. "but sure id be happy to travel with you guys for a while if you wouldn't mind be nice to have some company for once, but.. ill pay for the food if you don't mind, you did pay for the hotspring afterall only proper that i return the favour" he'd say with a soft grin on his face, these 2 where real nice people no reason to diswayed there hospitality and he might as well show a bit in return.

Yamato Nadeshiko & Hilda Thorvald

The tavern may be a great place to sit and have a drink after a job, but it is also a gathering place where a vicious bar fight can happen. The doors opened as a pretty-faced slender looking young person entered the den along with their goat friend who already don't like the place. "Ah~ The tavern, the second only place to relax and enjoy your time after work. Also a great place to find some interesting individuals for our cause. What you think Hilda?" Yamato spoke very fondly of the place, but Hilda isn't. "This place sucks. I've been to more "normal" taverns than this dump. I mean, where are the brawling men and women in here? The broken furniture and windows? The blood stained floorboards? It ain't as much lively than the ones from where I'm from." She spoke rudely.

"Now now Hildy, you gonna need to understand that there is a difference between this tavern and the taverns from your home country. Sure there will be some similarities, but most of the time there will be a lot of differences. Speaking of which, let's go sit on that table and call up a maid. While we're at it, look around and see if you can spot anyone here that is worth recruiting. Altair surely has the best people willing to go with us to the Unknown." Yamato assured and Hilda let's out an annoyed sigh. "I swear, your head is full of rainbows and unicorns." She said as the two sent over to a table and sat down.

"Hildy, look around. Tell me if you see anyone that tickles your fancy. As for me..." While Hilda scanned around the tavern, Yamato would call on the waitress via whistle.

Britt-21 Britt-21

cooltext439227989174976.png
Bath Time Bonding
fd2a8269fe74c1003ad4b6fa6a9c55c9.jpg
"Well shit, now that I've seen what he could do. I know what not to do and how to take his ass down." He said pounding a fist into his hand. All while dropping the soap into the water. "Uh." He said before squatting down searching for his lost bar of soap. He did all this while trying his best to listen to the conversation at hand. A the mention of Toshi relating to a little kid, he looks up at Ash and frowns, before going back to his search. Was his statement true? Yes very much so. Despite the small favors his done and bandits he's beaten up/killed, Toshiro has yet to encounter something to wipe that cheerful smile off his face. Who knows when that day will come. Finally, he found the soap and stood up, holding the soap in the air as if to say 'Ah-ha'. "Oh umm yeah, I'm the same as Ashy over there. Been on my own for awhile now. Not many people stuck around,. They kept saying I'm always starting too many fights or causing too much trouble. Which in facts, it's always they other guys starting it by treating my like a small fry. I can't let that slide, you know."

He went back to scrubbing his body and listened as Kiara extended the offer for Asher to join them. Did he care, not really as long as he didn't start picking on him. So far he seems like a pretty chill dude in Toshiro's opinion. But hearing Kiara's completely incorrect statement made him frown. "Yeah yeah yeah, talk all you want. I do take my far share of loses but it ain't all that time. Lemme in that ring again with my sword this time and watch it be a different outcome." He declared, as he scrubbed his underarms staring at Kiara. He then turned to Asher as he decided to accept the offer. Hearing that he’s paying for their next meal brought a big smile on his face. He looked back at Kiara and terribly whispered. “I like him already.” All while pointing back at Asher. He continued to scrub his body until he heard Kiara. “What?!” He asked looking up with his eyes. “I just washed my hair! It couldn’t have been that bad. Look, you wash my hair and I’ll finish washing my body. Oh and use your nails to really get in there.”

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Kyuubey Kyuubey

Last edited:
Val.png
1688696937045.png
Slav Slav Goonfire Goonfire Thropian Thropian

Val grinned as Carlisle's arm wrapped around her, his enthusiasm just as much as hers. His pace walking along with her was great, which meant he'd be the perfect person to keep up with her when she goes around grabbing anything she could find that was foreign. Brown-colored eyes shifted to the large Blonde man and she replied "You test it on yourself of course! Duh!" The Fairy said with the upmost confidence. It was up to him if he's believe that's what she actually did to figure out if items were good or bad for them. Val's attention shifted over to Fara, who said she'd be scoping out the forest and suggested they join. Hey, if she had two body guards, she guessed that'd work! Considering her magic left her stationary and could kill her given if they got into a fight. Watching as the giant took off a ring she had, Val followed the destination of the ring and was intrigued as the friendly giant casted a spell upon the item before handing it to her in her smaller hands. I never really realized how much bigger a giant's hands could be. Especially a woman's hands. The fairy thought as she nodded firmly "You got it!" Taking off her own necklace, she decided to put the ring on the same thread to prevent any loss since the ring was just far too big for her to wear and put it back around her neck.

Ci then spoke up and caused her to look past Carlisle and towards the beastman "I mean, I guess that can work. I thought maybe we'd be able to share our knowledge just in case one knew something the other didn't." With a shrug, she waved her hand before hearing something about a challenge "Oh really? You're on Mr Beastman! Whoever has the most herbs wins!" Using her hand to shoo him off, she continued "Go on! We'll split up and we'll come back together if we feel we don't have too much time left. After all, we're gonna need someplace to sleep." Looking over at Kash, Val waved her over "C'mon Kash, we're gonna go on an adventure today. Maybe you can let us know if something is coming for us yeah?" Linking her arm with Carlisle, she waved her other arm for the merperson to come join them and they can waltz into the forest together.

Elora.png
1688745720800.png
Topless Topless

While going on about her day and doing everything she had to do, her pointed ears had perked up hearing a whistle. Looking around, she noticed someone waving her down wearing some purple robes. The Elf swiftly made her way over and she stopped by the table with a warm smile upon her face "Good morning! Welcome to the Braze'n'Bold, I hope you both are doing great on this rainy day." Her golden gaze had shifted between the one in purple, and the blonde Beastwoman. "What could I get for the both of you? Water? Bread? Or you want to skip straight to the breakfast?" Hopefully they'd want something warm like a coffee, or perhaps maybe some tea due to the rain outside no doubt causing some sort of chill. While waiting for a response, she began to ponder about what they'd order. It was almost like a little game to where she could pass the time a little bit more.

El was glad however that she no longer had to serve the redhead back at the bar, and in fact another waitress had taken over for her in the area for the time being. So much was happening in so little time and in all honesty she was wondering if there was something going on in Altair that they had been getting more traffic than usual for the past few days. After all, the groups did leave quite some time ago...There's also new faces rolling into the tavern too, not so much of the locals I wonder if there's going to be some sort of festival...But I don't recall any announcements of such thing...Unless its visitors coming to hear about the groups that had gone out to the Unknown.

Anise Paige
StealthyShades StealthyShades

Anise was quickly pulled away from everything as the alarm was raised. The brutish man whom she still had no name for then pulled her into an alleyway. Things were all happening incredibly quickly and Anise hardly had a moment to really put in a word one way or another. Still, a guard was still approaching, and perhaps with some quick thinking on his part, he managed to convince the guards to leave them be. That said, there was certainly a better way if doing that. There of course had to be. And the pirate was soon to learn that even a high stress environment, Anise is a girl of her word. The ink quickly shot from her inkwell, and straight into his nostril, flooding his sinuses just as she claimed.

Of course after the guard left, he just had to open his mouth again. "I assure you, if any one else was able to do this, they would. And I don't need you to remind me of how others see me. I'm keenly aware of the stares and the jeers." She was upset about a lot right now, but didn't have the benefit of time. "Well, as much as I'd love to comment on how much I dislike you right now, we should probably get far away from here."

The ink that her fellow outlaw had just spat out sprang to life, forming into a little creature. She tapped her finger to its head as a rush of blue magic flowed into it, giving it orders. It ran off, checking to see if the coast of clear on the other end of alley. Anise watched it waiting for its signal. Eventually it waved its little arm in the air, beckoning them to follow.

"Well, seeing as how my portrait is going to be posted alongside of your own in the town square, I should at least know your name. Or is 'Brutish Cur' good enough?" She addressed him, keeping her eye on the ink glob, and making sure no one else was watching them. She was supposed to find a small rogue inkling, but looks like other more pressing matters had made themselves apparent. Looks like some ones going to have a rude awakening in their library. Oh well.

A young elven barmaid had approached the duo and already Yamato had been captivated by her beauty. "Ara ara~ You looked pretty in this somber weather. I'm sure you've been given a lot of compliments all the time for how gracious you are even for elf standards." They spoke, much to Hilda's dismay. After being asked about what they'll be ordering, Yamato answered "I'll have a coffee please, extra sugar." They looked at Hilda and asked "What about you?"

Hilda looked up at the elf and then asked "What you have for breakfast?" Yamato, knowing what Hilda is about to do, started asking "Hildy, are you planning to order EVERYTHING off the menu? Do you remember the last time we did, I got so sick after too many mouthfuls of ale and meat that I ended up vomiting on that poor tavern's floorboards while you ended up devouring the whole table which costs us an ENTIRE rewards money after a job?" Hilda glanced over to Yamato with a very stern look and said "You said we needed to celebrate by a feast, right? You even SUGGESTED me to order off their menu."

"But I did not say to order EVERYTHING off their menu. Please, be reasonable." Yamato told her and then they turned to the elf and said "My apologies. You know what beastmen are capable of. Anyway..." They looked back at Hilda and then asked "Hildy, what will you be getting?" Hilda sighed and then she said to the elf "May I at least know what you guys have?"

Britt-21 Britt-21

≛ Alix Dupont
『 TAGGED 』Interactions: CasualTea CasualTea Mentions: Topless Topless
"Men are more lustful than women, it should be suprising that there aren't more men out there like me." He knew people were uncomfortable with his line of work and it didn't surprise him. There was nothing redeeming about it. He would drop it the moment he had a steady income but that day hasn't come yet. While his life wasn't perfect, he had the luxury of being able to stay in one spot. Rohen didn't and it was obvious how that affected her. Being on the run seemed draining, making Alix ponder why she even continued with that lifestyle. "Taking all these jobs to just keep running? Sounds like they are using you." He watched as the barmaid brought over the drink, hankering for one himself. He would have had one if he didn't throw it in her face but he wasn't great at thinking ahead.

Alix noticed his hair tie was becoming undone, removing it. He began tying his hair back up, he didn't want it hanging all around. "Altair is a large city and the surrounding region is even larger. You could cut your hair and probably be able to pass as someone else in a more remote town. You dictate your own destiny, don't let some asshole do it for you." He knew that feeling all to well. Being forced into a lifestyle was less than satisfactory for him. Luckily, he was able to get away from his past but it took him some time to do so. He found it hard not to chuckle at the thought of going on the mission with her. He couldn't fight nor would he result to violence. "I think I'm going to pass on that. I'd just be weighing you down. I also am not a fighter." The only thing he carried on him was a knife and that was purely for self defense. He had no intention of using it to hurt others.

As he was tying his hair, his eyes wandered to the new pair that had arrived. It seemed that this tavern was a gathering point for strange new faces. "It seems like you're not the only foreigner here today." He remarked to Rohen. Once his hands were free once more, he rested his chin on them, letting them support his head while he watched Rohen drink. "Are you sure you need to be drinking that much? Seems a bit excessive." Alix wasn't one to judge usually but she did say she was going to complete a mission. You can't do that while you are drunk or at least that's what he thought.
code by @Nano

Elora.png
1688774878061.png
Topless Topless

Elora should have known it was too good to be true. Of course she had the burden of her mother and father's good looks, and many would never stop complimenting her. She gave the person a nod, just to answer their statement. They ordered a coffee with extra sugar I may cut them some slack now... Extra sugar in coffee is to die for. Thought the Elf while looking back to the Beastwoman who asked what they had for breakfast. Parting her lips to speak, the other person had managed to chime in and basically tell a story right off the bat that made El giggle because they both reminded her of two siblings picking on one another. Much like her own siblings and how she'd pick on them and vice versa "It's okay, we have plenty of food for everyone so I'm sure serving your friend's appetite will be no biggie here." Again, her gaze shifted between the two, keeping up with the both of them as much as possible. "We have plenty of food ranging from stews, breads, and more. Now for breakfast we do have our toast with a side of eggs and sausage. Or you can just have a plate of eggs by themselves with a side of toast and any drink of your choosing."

The elf then put her finger on her chin "As a matter of fact we do have a larger platter for our Beastmen who come in on almost the daily. It's called the Meat Lover's platter. Has about eight slices of Bacon, ten sausages, a single turkey leg, and about four slices of ham. Can come with a side of either more meat or maybe some fruits or something sweet. Whichever you prefer quite honestly." That Golden gaze of hers had shifted to the blonde "However if you didn't want something as large as that, you can always settle for a nice meat stew. Soothes and warms the soul, or you can go for something even smaller like a few pieces of cinnamon toast with some sugar on top and syrup. This Tavern does have quite a menu, if you want something a bit more different, we can make it to the best of our ability for you." Elora was pretty confident in her words, and was hoping that she didn't just overwhelm the woman with everything she had mentioned thus far.

The moment the elf let out a giggle, Yamato melted on how utterly cute it sounded. Hilda on the other hand wasn't so much. She just find it annoying. Already, the beastwoman has a low view of her.Being beautiful? Not strong. As the elf explained about tavern's menu options, Hilda glanced over to the patrons, doing what Yamato had told her. She took note of two particularly unique individuals; one with red hair who looked like he could be a mage and the other who's face looked similar to the wanted posters that were plastered around the city.

And then the elf made mention of a Meat Lover's Platter.

"Excuse me, did you just say meat?" Hilda asked, started to get a bit of interest from the elf. On the flip side, Yamato placed their palm on their face and thought "Why did you mentioned a Meat Lover's Platter, girl? Hildy will surely make me sick again and even blow our budget." They had begun to worry about Hilda ordering an expensive large plate of food that even Yamato could not devour. "Hildy..." They called her and when Hilda turned to their gaze, she immediately knew what they're thinking. She sighed out of disappointment and said to the elf "I'll have some stew with eggs and toast on the side. Add in a beer as well."

Poor Hilda was going to order the meat platter, but it seemed that would go for another time. Hilda glared at Yamato, but they seemed to be be unfazed by that. "I think I would like some salad as well. And I guess that should be it." Yamato ended their order. "Yama, I hate you so much..." Hilda thought aggressively as she stared at Yamato with a stern expression.

Britt-21 Britt-21 Slav Slav CasualTea CasualTea

maeve thistlebottom
not so fast
Merchant's Carriage
exhausted
pls refer to photo
interactions

Britt-21 Britt-21 & Grangrule Grangrule
There it was again. The sinking feeling of embarrassment entwined with shame. This, coupled with the dull headache that was beginning to emerge thanks to her exhaustion, made her less aware of her pointed (very NON-human ears), that would give herself away. In her eyes, everything happened so fast. One minute, Cecil had left to send a letter, and the next, Matheus had readied himself to defend, whilst Maeve's appointed guard appeared seemingly out of nowhere.

"What's the reason for the stop though? Need anything?" Cecil was casual in tone, a contrast to Matheus' more-so irritated one. Meanwhile, all Maeve did was sit in silence.

Do something! Say something, anything! Why rope people into your problems if you can't even make an effort to solve them?

Insecure thoughts echoed in her mind, leaving her there, staring down at her now trembling fingers. Moments like these make her realize that maybe she should've stayed in Altaire. Hid in the basement of that Tavern where she didn't have to deal with intimidating guards, or interrupted slumber.

There was a brief silence, interrupted by the wary guard, "Come take a look." His command was directed to none of the three before him, and instead focused on his coworker. A second guard on duty who made her way over.

Said guard eyed the small group, her inquisitive gaze lingering on Maeve. "You."

Maeve's ears twitched, feeling the woman's gaze on her. However, her voice was much gentler than the former guard. Less accusatory. "Are you alright?" The wingless fairy slowly looked over to the woman, not quite able to make eye contact due to the anxiety building up in her chest. Maeve merely nodded, before clearing her throat.

"Um. Yes, I'm fine. I haven't left the country in some time, so this makes me nervous." She explained, deciding to stick with the truth. This response seemed to be enough for the female guard, her former look of concern melding into one of feigned sympathy.

"I understand." The woman's azure gaze flicked over to Matheus before continuing, "Did you know that there is a young alchemist missing? A shopowner, no less. Townspeople say her store burned down at the hands of a local gang." Maeve felt a familiar lump form in her throat.. Was she found? Could she really not leave this god-forsaken city? Despite the palpable silence between the group, and the building line behind the cart, the woman continued,

"This shop owner, Maeve Thistlebottom, is rumored to be alive.." Her eyes fell on Maeve again, causing her purple eyes to widen, "Would any of you happen to know about that?" This felt like an attack. The guard's casual tone coupled with her intentional words, left the fairy ready to vomit out the side of the cart.

"I've never even heard of her, poor girl.." Maeve mumbled, deciding to finally get a better look at the woman before them all. She stood relatively tall for a human, strawberry blonde hair pulled back in a tight bun to reveal a rather large scar upon her left cheek. Despite her youth, it was clear that she was no stranger to combat. This only made the fairy feel more intimidated, but she knew she couldn't look away now.

"No, not poor girl." The guard's tone changed to a more somber one, no longer pretending to care. "She happens to be affiliated with a dangerously influential group in this city." WIthout an explanation, the woman nodded ahead of her, willing Maeve to look behind her, "And you happen to be a perfect match to her description."

While the guard spoke, multiple others made their way to the passenger side of the cart, "Seize her." Within seconds, the younger alchemist was yanked off the cart, hands tied behind her back.

Hot tears fell down the fairy's cheeks, "You've got the wrong person!" She insisted, trying to pull away from the guard behind her. "Please, hear me out!" It was no use. It seemed that the reputation she fought so valiantly to avoid, fell upon her anyway.
coded by natasha.

Rhada Sybille
Altair, City Gates

The caravan pulled up to the massive city gate, forming a double-file line with the sole wagon next to them. Rhada stepped out, producing her travel documents—a stack of papers including visas, ledgers, and identification. The inspectors searched her cargo, the enchanted trinkets inside corroborating the customs declarations. With no fugitives, contraband, or undeclared items among her wares, she was free to pass. Given the larger number of people that needed to coordinate, it took a moment for everyone to resume their positions on their respective wagons. Their movements gave their numbers away—thirteen people in total, counting Rhada.

It would seem the girl trying to flee the city was also scot-free... that was, until someone shouted for them to halt. That other woman with the silver hair lunged to enter the potion merchant's wagon once more, and it seems they were talking pretty quickly to convince them there was no reason to stop them. Of course, it didn't help; they were like birds of prey diving in for the kill. These guards must have been tipped off by the crooked agents rumored to be plaguing smaller groups and ensuring those enemies who didn't have friends in high places never made it out of Altair. Thankfully, those three were about to make friends in high places...

"Is there some reason my associate and his friends are being accosted?" the guildmaster demanded over the commotion, perhaps surprising many at the scene. She bore a certain air of authority and elegance, as a noblewoman might have. Her voice commanded a degree of respect without sounding overly hostile. "Mr. Clearhart had to be inspected separately because he represents a different company, but those three are still a part of this procession. He is not traveling with any fugitives from the law, so it is time for them to continue their travels with the Altair Enchanters Guild caravan on a trade mission sanctioned by the National Merchants Fraternity of Relphia. Kindly stand down."

Grangrule Grangrule leviohsa leviohsa Britt-21 Britt-21

MATHEUS KLEIN CLEARHART

1688810004841.jpeg
Matheus was not able to act quickly upon Maeve’s capture, the head of the Enchanter’s Guild came to their aid in their most crucial moment and with Cecil’s arrival, this situation could be defused easily, but from what the guards told them, the fact that they easily believed such rumors and someone tipping them information of Maeve’s sudden disappearance and escape from Altair shouldn’t allow them to immediately take action on capturing Maeve without concrete proof. Matheus only thought of one reason why they did this, bribery, the syndicate seems to have a huge influence in Altair and especially in the black market, he has heard of their name before but he kept to himself instead of involving himself with the criminal organization. They seem to be smart, but too predictable to cause this kind of trouble. There was no need for violence in the least, what they need is a simple talk and negotiation, Matheus may be able to bail out Maeve, it may be costly if things didn’t go his way.

“Forgive us, Madame Sybille, but we only wanted the capture of the fae, both you and the merchant are free to go” the guard seems to be adamant on the capture, however, Matheus thinks otherwise, putting on his merchant face with a gentle smile, he calls out to the guards “I think there’s a big misunderstanding here” he walked towards the guards dropping himself off from his wagon. He smiled and nodded at Ms. Sybille, thanking her for her help, this will clear any suspicion towards him and now he just have to persuade the guards themselves, quickly changing his attitude in facing the guards, the guards spoke first of his opposition of Maeve’s capture “You are now free to go, merchant, I don’t see why-“ before the guard was able to finish her words, Matheus quickly interjected bowing his head and make himself look humble “Thank you for your service in keeping the city safe” flattery, his first move but it was followed by a passive-aggressive disagreement “Still it is truly unbecoming of the city watch to immediately act upon a rumor before a thorough investigation no?” Matheus can tell that incident is very recent but the rumor has already spread fast.

“I truly wonder how it will affect the reputable Altair City Watch” he made the guards think twice about their capture, however one of the guards began to intimidate Matheus “Watch your tone, merchant” an empty threat, Matheus thought “Look at the poor girl, do you really think she is the kind of girl who wanted to be roped into the illegal activities of the syndicate? I can’t even comprehend why such young women wanted to be involved in crooked practices, imagine, the fathers of young women feel unsafe after you wrongfully accused the fae of her involvement” sympathy, Maeve’s innocent looks, although ignored at first, all Matheus has to do is to make it feel like a big deal to not only their reputation but the citizens in Altair as well. Matheus paced around as he spoke noticing the hesitation on the guard’s face “Now that leads me to one question, the fact that someone tipped you, what if they were part of the syndicate, you wouldn’t want to be responsible of a kidnapping now would you?” Matheus kept bombarding the guards with questions that they don’t even have the time and luxury to properly answer “Who knows, if there was negotiations involved, like, let’s say…Bribery Matheus insinuated the possible answer to the guard’s sudden capture, he heard one of the guard’s greaves scrape against the dirt, he looked at them and one of the guards avoided eye contact “Oh? Was I right? The reputable Altair City Watch taking bribery from the syndicate, wouldn’t that be an interesting rumor now, is it?” Matheus now calmly threatened their position, he chuckled knowing they are like cornered rats in this negotiation “Don’t worry, I have no intention on taking this to your commander, unless unsavory things happen, I cannot promise such words” a relieving promise put together with a condition, they are still hesitant, it might be better to use bribery himself, well its their image that will be ruined, not his, he closes in towards the guard and whispered to her ear “I can pay you double than what the syndicate paid you”, Matthew already guessed how much they bribed, Fae slaves in the black market are very expensive, the cheapest ones costing 1 ruby, the syndicate seems to be cheapskates themselves so 2 rubies should be enough, that will put a hole in Mattheus’ wallet but he already accumulated enough funds to recover. The guard surprised, is taken aback but Matheus closes his distance to the guard and discreetly gave 2 rubies clutching her hand to hide it, “Again, thank you for your service in keeping the city safe as Altair’s sole hope and shield” he masked his counter-bribery with a sincere gratitude, the guard commanded her subordinate to free the fae from her binds, the guardswoman looked at Matheus with intimidation yet Matheus did not break his merchant face and attitude keeping himself smiling and humble-looking at all times, unaffected by their intimidation with his strong will.

1688810082866.jpeg

The guard accepts the rubies before leaving together with her subordinate after freeing Maeve “Thank you for your patronage and I wish you all the best!” Matheus kindly thanked them before they gone back to their posts. “Now Maeve, let’s get back on the road, shall we?” he offered his hand to Maeve but noticing the tears on her face he felt a little nervous “Now now, you can stop crying, be strong, we still have a long way ahead of us” he began to comfort and wipe away her tears with a cloth he had under his cloak, with the situation defused, they would be able to continue their journey, this time together with Ms. Sybille of the enchanters guild and Matheus is yet to thank her appropriately.

( Britt-21 Britt-21 Goonfire Goonfire leviohsa leviohsa ) Main Interaction

Last edited:
Elora.png
1688826893396.png
Topless Topless

Elora at first read the pair fairly quickly. Learning that the blonde named "Hildy" liked the sound of that meat platter. However, her friend had placed their hand upon her face. I wonder if they're worried about Miss Hildy getting sick like last time with all that food... The meat lovers platter was one of the dishes created for all kinds of Beastmen who were on the larger side and love to bulk up... The Elf's ears drooped slightly but hopefully not enough to notice. Though, they did suddenly perk right back up as she realized there was something she could do. Miss Hildy gave her order and so did her friend, allowing the young woman to nod in confirmation "Okay, Stew with toast and eggs on the side, and a salad. I'll be out with your drinks shortly." El then rushed off and to the back where she began to get the beer as well as the coffee with a small plate of a mountain of sugar cubes. Of course they did say extra sugar so this mountain should suffice to put as many in as they would like.

Humming softly, she got a small tray with the coffee, sugar, and beer to place upon and walked out swiftly and back to the table where she placed the coffee and sugar in front of the one in purple, and the beer in front of Miss Hildy "There you both go. I'll be running back to get the rest of your food, please do enjoy yourselves." Offering that warm smile, she dashed off again and disappeared. The Chef was already preparing the eggs and toast, as for the stew, it had always been ready. Grabbing a bowl, Elora moved to the large pot and grabbed the ladle and began to scoop some stew in. Once finished, she began to prepare the next tray to deliver the food. Salad was next, simple and easy to put together and of course, since it was early in the day, it was as fresh as could be. As soon as the chef had finished up the eggs and toast, the Elf gathered them and placed them upon a medium sized plate followed by a mysterious item.

Returning back to the table, she placed the salad down along with some utensils and had done the same with the stew and plate of sides. Upon that side plate there was a chicken leg and despite it being smaller than a turkey leg, it was still extra meat nonetheless "That leg is on the house. I couldn't help but notice how sad you looked. I thought I'd at least add something to the plate thats a bit more meaty. Is there anything else I could gather for you?"

Cecil.png
1688835003145.png
Goonfire Goonfire Grangrule Grangrule leviohsa leviohsa

Cecil was on guard with her ears at full peak because she knew better than to trust guards who let them through but then suddenly stopped them without reason. With careful eyes she tracked the guards, especially those getting close to the wagon and eyeing the Fairy they were basically smuggling out of the city. However, the guard spoke and immediately put the Beaswoman on edge as her knees slightly bent, hands prepping to lunge and claw out this person's eyes. What is this guard getting at? Her stance was slowly shifting, ready to attack at a moment's notice. As the guard's tone shifted, the words were definitely beginning to be more directed Her? Affiliated with a dangerous group? There's no way that would happen. As soon as the word was given to seize her, Cecil jumped at one of the guards to stop at least one of them. But of course another had grabbed Mae by yanking her off the carriage itself. Throwing the one guard to the ground, she was about to go for the other as a voice called out over the commotion. Of course it felt like everything stopped the moment it began as the older woman came over, along with Matheus getting involved as well.

Luckily the man had some sort of power over the guards with his words and she made her way back to Mae, knowing very well this mission was going to be one where she had no choice but to be glued to the Fairy's side no matter what. Matheus comforted Mae after those guards had stepped down "We'll have your back Mae. On top of that I suppose we get your wish of being with those people you wanted to join earlier." The woman cut the ropes around her wrists and scooped up the Fairy like a princess before bringing her back to the front of the carriage to let her sit down and calm down for a moment. Of course, she had let Matheus wipe her tears beforehand. "I guess we have that old lady to thank for getting involved." Pulling off her jacket, she put it around Mae and pulled up the hood to hide her face. "Don't expect me to leave you any time soon. Looks like this job has shown its true colors and what needs to be done." Turning her head to look at the woman, she spoke up "I guess we're part of your fleet now?"

Surely Ki would have probably liked to be on a mission like this. However I think it'll be good for her to hang out here for a little while...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back