• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The World Of Innixus (IC)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Britt-21

Omniverse Explorer
Roleplay Type(s)
1678109625380.png
Time: Noon | Season: Spring |
Weather: Cozy, Sunny, w/ gentle breeze | April: 22nd

Elora.png
1678111794849.png

Elora woke up to the gentle breeze coming through her windows. The spring air filling the room and letting out all of that dust that gathered over the winter, which made her room very stuffy. The Elf laid in bed for a little while, taking in the sun that peeked in to say hello. Eventually she dragged her butt out of bed and did her morning routine before meeting her family for breakfast in the dining room. It was probably odd when others would see her with her family. Considering their features match more than they could ever match her. El had golden eyes, blue hair, and her dressing styles definitely stood out like a sore thumb. Some people think that maybe she's a child from another woman, but nope. She came from that dark-haired woman and light-haired man. She just happened to take up some random blue colors from someone probably back in the family tree. After eating breakfast, she gathered her things and headed out for a morning walk. There was plenty of time before she had to go on and get to the Tavern. After all, it only opens up from noon, onward. No one goes to a tavern first thing in the morning unless they're a drunk!

Along her walk, she had encountered a cat, to which she paused her walk and crouched down to get to it's level. Being naturally born with Green Magic, she was able to have a friendly conversation with the cat and gently pet the creature. "I wish I could take you home. But I doubt Papa would let me take another animal home." the friendly Elf gently scratched underneath the cat's chin and said her goodbyes before continuing her stroll. When I get there I need to hurry and put all the chairs down onto the ground before people start pouring in. Knowing Altair, it's going to be a busy day again. it didn't help that the Tavern was in the capital, making it a hot spot. With her as a Barmaid on top of that, tips are always rolling in. Probably because of her sweet words, wonderful customer service, and skills of bringing the food and drinks over...Or maybe it's because of her Boobs...Yeah let's not talk about that.

Elora made it to The Braze'n'Bold Tavern (Where she worked of course) and headed straight to the back where she came in the back door "I'm here!" she shouted, wondering if anyone else had beat her there. She put her bag down and opened it to reveal Cotton who was sitting in the bag with a big ol' happy face on with his big blue bow on his chest and one on his head. With widened golden eyes, she looked around quickly before whispering "Cotton what are you doing in here? You should be home!" then she heard little noises coming from the bag and when she looked, there was her other familiar with his goofy polar bear face too "Frosty you too!?" the Elf embraced the two and hugged them both while they made their noises "Listen here you two," the Barmaid looked at the both of them "You be good and you stay hidden in this bag okay? You're both supposed to be home. Not with me at work. Poor things, its gonna get chaotic." her ears lowered a little because now she had to worry about her little companions. "Stay here, and I'll be back to come feed you guys later on okay? Again: Do. Not. Leave. This. Bag." Lora booped both their noses with each word and they snuggled right back into her bag after a moment.

With a sigh of relief, she put the bag in a safe spot so that they won't be kicked around or moved before she went to the front of the Tavern, taking down the chairs and putting them upon the ground. It didn't take her very long as she already was getting the doors propped open and getting the signs out of the Tavern. The cook surely had to arrive soon because the Tavern was about to open. Can't have a tavern without the cook!​

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Brenna Opalsong
Owner and operator of Opalescence
INTERACTIONS: Elora

Sunshine broke through the window of the upstairs apartment attached to the beautifully kept jewelry shop, Opalescence, gracing the tightly shut eyes of Brenna and jostling her awake. A groan erupted from her throat and she twisted her body to face the wall, "Oh gods... just a few more minutes..." She muttered, nestling into her blankets and drifting back into a light sleep, though it was short-lived as a shout from below startled her back awake, only this time she shot up from her position. "Damnit, I'm up!" She shouted, tossing her blankets aside and stomping towards her closet.

Grumpily the dwarf began shifting through her clothes, hands tiredly rolling fabrics in her hands. It was a few more moments before she finally decided on a knee length dress and a vest to match. She threw it on and moved to the vanity next to her bed, reaching into the top drawer and pulling a comb out and setting it onto the surface of the vanity before taking a look into the attached mirror. She rubbed her face lightly with her hands, fingers rolling under her eyes and lightly rubbing her cheeks. She let out a sigh and picked the comb up, starting to pick at her hair with until she got it just right and finally she was ready to take on the day.

She quickly threw on her boots and marched down the stairs and out into the street, eyes drifting from face to face until the finally rested on a teenaged elf who was leaning against the wall next to the front door of Opalescence. "Ay, the hell you doing yelling outside my apartment?" She yelled, approaching the boy and placing her hands on her hips, "You know the shop's closed today, and I've told you a million times, Kian, I am not accepting any apprentices at the moment."

The elf, startled by her sudden approach stumbled away from the wall and almost lost his balance. "B-but, Brenn-" He started, but was stopped short by a swift kick to the shin, "That's Opalsong, you moron! Why would I ever teach you if you can't even get that right? Now go on and get out of here." She gave him another light push and he walked away mumbling to himself. A little smirk graced her lips and she tilted her head as she watched him go, this was the third week in a row he'd bugged her about the apprenticeship, maybe one of these days she'd actually teach him, but not today.

With that business taken care of, Brenna moved over to the door to Opalescence and gave a light pull on it to ensure it was still locked tight before she started down the street, a little hum emitting from her throat. Her destination? The Braze'N'Bold, it was lunch time and she was feeling quite hungry, not to mention that but she also knew Thomas' daughter worked there and Brenna owed Thomas his cut.

The signs were out upon the street and the doors open, she could see some familiar faces milling about the outside, some regulars of the bar who'd been waiting for it open which probably meant it had only just opened. She ignored them and strolled in, eyes scanning the inside before she spotted the blue-haired barmaid, she approached with a light smile and gave a small wave on her way over. "Hey there, how ya doin?" She asked, "Your dad been around? Or will you see him today? I've got a delivery for him."

Logi Laeblom

tumblr_pvt84tpEJu1uluxwao1_1280.png
"-Ach, dinnae like that ride." Lobi was never fond of ship rides, even on nice ships she couldn't get her mind off of the constant unnatural rocking motion. Not to mention all the water, no sir she was not a fan. The vibrant colored pixie shook the thought as she floated off the deck of the merchants ship and onto the bustling docks of Altair. Setting her hands on her hips and puffing out her chest, she took a big whiff of the Fioran sea air. While she did catch the unpleasant scent of raw fish, such was unavoidable at a dock; it was mostly a warm, soft smell of sea salt mixing with pollen from nearby budding tre-

"ACHOO!" The less than fearsome sneeze came and went like a thief in the night, robbing the now disgruntled fairy of her train of thought and leaving her mumbling strange swears while rubbing at their nose. After taking a moment to recover, Lobi floated deftly off the ground, her charcoal wings beating rhythmically to push her up off her feet. Heading through the cluttered docks, Lobi flicked open the unassuming pouch clasped to her belt, reaching in and pulling out about five neatly folded envelopes. She began flipping through them, reading the black print on the paper. The addresses were sadly mostly useless to the foreigner. She would need to consult someone on where any of them actually were. Altair might as well be a jungle to the little firefly. "Och! Come on!" Lobi remarked in sudden annoyance, to nobody in particular. "What eejiot labeled this! Dinnae even put an address, jus' a bleedin' name!" She squinted at the infernal letters. "Braz'n-B-Auld Tavern..." Smoky irises glared out from behind the raised letter, scanning the horizon as if this 'old' tavern would magically appear in front of her. When it didn't, she scowled, shoving the letters back into her pouch. First order of buisness, Lobi thought to herself, find this tavern, lots of people at a tavern, could get some help. With that she continued forth, mostly just aimlessly wandering for now.

Last edited:
faraine zolas
dockside transaction
walking to the tavern
squeamish af
idk man
interactions

open!
"Lovely doing business with you." Faraine's voice was laced with blatant disdain, her face betraying her words just as much as her own voice. Why, of all modes of transportation, did the Guard insist on meeting her at the docks of Altair? The question will never be answered, because what mattered to her was the heavy pouch of gold coin that completely vanished with a wave of her hand, thanks to a simple illusion spell. The wondrous feeling of the pouch hanging off her belt was almost enough to make her forget the way the town in front of her spun, and how she had to fight with everything she had not to let her legs wobble from the sudden change in landscape.

The Giant had nearly forgotten about the criminal to her left, a potato sack covering his head, and muffling the sounds of bickering. "Stupid wench can't even handle a measly boat ride!" Towering over the rather sad-sounding human beside her, she arched a brow, before frowning in disgust,

"Try handling this, scum." With precise timing, she kicked upwards so that the toe of her boot landed right at the human's groin, making the Guard roll her eyes in disgust.

"You hunters have no class.. Begone before I arrest you for assault." Faraine rolled her golden eyes, clearly unbothered by the empty threat. She was used to the Guard acting above her, even though she is paid a hefty amount to do their most difficult work. With as much stability as possible, the Giant made her way down the dock and onto solid land, making her physically deflate in relief. She absolutely hated the feeling of sailing the seas, but an ample cash prize was a suffice enough motivator for the young half-elf.

The sun shined bright upon the familiar city of Altair, practically begging the townspeople to make their way outside and enjoy the Spring while it lasts. The sea breeze lifted Faraine's dark locks as she looked around the bustling town. It was rather easy to see throughout the crowd, considering most of the population here did not come close to her height, besides one or two Elves passing by.

After taking a moment or two to gather her bearings, Faraine decided the best course of action would be to get herself something to eat and drink. Otherwise, another dry heaving session may be in her future... disgusting. The thought made her face visibly wince, and immediately inspired her to keep moving, hyper-aware of the way she took each step. She managed to walk in a straight line, but anyone could notice that she was walking much slower than everyone else around her. This led to many disgruntled locals and merchants alike, brushing past her impatiently.
coded by natasha.

Elof

ElofPost.jpg
The Redfang Troupe hadn't been in Altair in a long time, with the oddly peaceful atmosphere being something that the mercenaries hadn't had the luxury of enjoying for too long given their line of work. The Troupe stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the common people, the dirt and grime that were laden in their gear from the constant travelling and battle made them the targets of disdain from most people. It didn't help that at the moment, they appeared more like bandits than mercenaries, old bandages from wounds suffered from an ambush on their way to the docks Whitshell. The one who got it the worst though was Elof, with his child-like appearance despite his age making most of the surrounding people think that he was some kind of servant to the troupe, till they could see Jorn fastened nicely onto his back.

The Troupe was lucky enough to find shelter till their next mission in an inn mostly reserved for adventurers, though the reputation of the Redfangs had allowed them safe quarter for a short time, at a price of course. Rather than stick around while they got rowdy, Elof decided to take the opportunity to explore the capital, it would be a long time before he ever saw this place again. But first, the young mixed blood had to make sure he was ready for any trouble, since according to Gendry; he was always getting into it. Jorn on my back? Check. Mir at my side? Check. Satchel bound to my waist? Check. Quietly, Elof made his way to the entrance of the inn, slipping past the door where a couple of his comrades were drinking... already. He should probably find them a tavern so they don't get kicked out. It'd be bad if they had to sleep in the streets... again.

It'd be useful to find a popular place, somewhere that expect a lot of patrons... He had heard of a tavern that was rather popular before, something with Bold in the name? That should be good enough for the Troupe to blow off some steam, and hopefully leave him alone until they had to leave. Slipping through small spaces in the crowd, and following the mish-mash of chatter about the popular tavern, Elof had learned the place's name; Braze'n'Bold, and where it was. Since it was still relatively early he expected the place to not be open yet. But to his surprise, the doors were propped open, and he could hear some shuffling inside. Without making a sound, he made his way carefully to the entrance of the tavern, knocking on the door with his gauntlet.

Elora.png
1678205940714.png
Spiderverse Spiderverse jupiter. jupiter.

It didn't help as soon as she opened them doors, little by little people were coming in Oh boy this is gonna be a mess. At least I can do drinks and the snacks we have in the back. Though surely many will be hungry cause it's lunch time! Elora thought as she turned to see a familiar Dwarf that her father had met. A smile tugged her lips and she waved back to one of her fellow friends "Hey there Brenna! No, he hasn't been around today. Last I saw him he was at home. Not sure if he's running places or staying home for the day, however I could always get the delivery to him after I finish work. Definitely not a big deal for me." the lonesome strand on top of her head bounced and her ears had perked to see another customer. He was quite respectful in knocking on the door "Welcome welcome! Please have a seat anywhere you'd like!" her golden eyes returned to Bren "You can have a seat anywhere as well, I'm going to have to start taking orders."

Then the cook called out to her, to which she turned and smiled Oh good, the cook made it! the other one should be coming in at one point so for right now, it was just the starting shift team. Gently patting Brenna's upper arm, she scurried to start taking orders and get them in as soon as possible. Once she gathered the other's orders, she managed to step out real quick and announce to the street: "Attention everyoone! The Braze'n'Bold is now OPEN for lunch! Come grab a bite, maybe a drink!" even though it was lunch, no doubt many would stop by eventually to grab a quick bite and maybe a drink or two. "Brenna what would you like?" the elf asked as she whizzed by and spun to face the Dwarf, while pointing to her real quick as well as pointing towards the other boy who came in as well "You too! What would you like?" the woman walked backwards towards the door to start gathering orders that were already set up. Despite the sudden change from empty, to slowing filling up; She was happy. A big smile on her face and a friendly presence radiated off of her like the sun.

Meanwhile...

In her bag both Cotton and Frosty were wriggling around, finding the bag a bit suffocating sitting inside it for a while. The pair flipped open the flap and poked their little heads out, finding they were underneath a bench and out of other's way. Clearly they heard Elora in the next room but watched as a pair of legs walked by. They both looked to each other and then looked back out to see if those legs came back. Clearly they weren't in danger, but they also didn't like being away from Elora for long periods of time. Granted, they didn't have separation anxiety, but they did get super bored at home waiting for hours for El to get back home and smother them in hugs and play all different games with them. So...They waited underneath this wooden bench in the backroom.

coollogo_com-202873427.png

A longing smile drifted across Nesta’s lips as she leaned against the railing of her father’s massive ship. The familiar creaking of wood greeted her. Whilst the massive ship itself had been through hell, she was a sturdy and reliable ship. Nesta knew every inch of that ship. Not only had she investigated and ran across the noisy floorboards as a child but she’d grown with it. It was her home. Peering out, Nesta decided it was indeed a beautiful day. The sound of the waves crashing along the docks and the jutted rocks. The flow of conversation being carried by the sea winds from the many occupants within the vicinity. The smell and taste of that salty air. The sun rising like a sight to behold within the sky, demanding the center stage amidst the lazily sprawled out puffs of white that made up the blanket of clouds above.

Ruby colored locks shimmered as they pooled past her shoulders and those azure eyes scanned the bustling docks below. A knowing look was cast over her shoulder towards Nasir as she finally straightened back up to her full height. “ Let’s stretch our sea legs. “ She suggested with a smile. That smile however was tainted with something more mischievous and didn’t match the innocent tone behind each word. It was a smile that many had grown to know and would be hard to mistake for something more genuine. Nesta was up to no good.

A hand reached out to pluck a silken bag that was stashed away behind some lone barrels whilst a hand waved towards her father who was currently talking trade with some of the men upon the dock. “ Nasir has some deliveries to make! “ She chimed out as a quick but convincing excuse, exposing a row of pearly whites behind those sanguine lips. It wasn't entirely a lie but she was definitely riding the coattails of Nasir’s need to deliver his morning haul as a way to get off the ship and explore. “ We’ll be back in no time! “ Probably. Maybe. Unlikely. She saluted him nonchalantly and cracked a cheeky grin.

Once they were out of view that mask slowly began to slide away and she peered around at the merchants and people going about their day with a childish awe that few ever saw. Nasir had been around long enough that he knew the more nonchalant persona she wore, like a warm winter coat to shield her from the cold was just that - it was something she adorned when necessary.

As a pair of men sauntered by them, their eyes seemingly fixated on her features, Nesta bumped into them purposefully and laughed a little as if embarrassed. “ So terribly sorry. How clumsy of me! “ A blush crept along her cheeks, truly the picture perfect image of coyness. They waved it off and grinned sheepishly at her, as if they were the ones who should apologize. As they disappeared around the corner, Nesta flashed her prize. The loop of a bag full of coins was twirling about a finger, going round and round until it finally came to a stop to rest against her palm. The sound of them clinking against another was heard as she snickered towards Nasir proudly and shook the bag.

Sad how easy it is, isn’t it? But today is yer lucky day. Drinks are on those gents! “ Without waiting for his reply she began navigating through the coiling streets of the city until they approached the tavern known as The Braze’n’Bold. It was typically first on Nas’s route for deliveries. “ We can stay just a little while, riiiiight? “ She pleaded with her eyes, turning so fast to face him right in front of the open doors that her scarlet hair went cascading about in a flurry.

Right? “ She tacked on with an edge to her voice as she rested against the frame of the door. " Ladies first. " She motioned towards the man, that signature sly smile tugging at the corner of her lips. One day he'd tire of her antics. Getting under Nasir's skin seemed an impossible task but she was driven to succeed.

Interacting with: Nasir The Elder The Elder Not Elora Britt-21 Britt-21

Last edited:
CODE BY SEROBLISS
Brenna Opalsong
INTERACTIONS: Elora & Elof

Watching as the little elf began flitting around after greeting her, Brenna took a seat at the bar, resting her head gently on her hand as she observed the girl work. Busy job, being a barmaid, one that Brenna likely never could have done in her lifetime, she hadn't the patience nor the desire. "I'll take whatever the daily special is, and a tall glass o' milk if you've got it. Water would be fine if not." She answered at the prompt of Elora. Normally such a casual greeting and quickness of interaction would bother her, but she was feeling in an alright mood today, and she knew Elora after all, if only as an acquaintance. And it wouldn't do for her to scold her investor's daughter, bad for business.

"And that sounds great, I'd definitely appreciate it if you could get this to Thomas. It's his cut from Opalescence so I'd need to be sure it's put in a safe place and away from nimble fingers, if you know what I mean." She added on. She took the chance while Elora was busy to take a look around the slowly filling tavern, eyes not catching on anyone in particular until she found the beat up figure of the baby-faced soldier that Elora had pointed at.

She waved him down and slapped at the seat next to her, an invitation for him to come sit by her if he so desired, "You alright over there? you look a little worse for wear, no offense." She shouted over to him. She hated to shout, so she hoped that he would accept her invitation to come over, though she wasn't one to push so if not then she'd simply mind her own business.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Daniel Sorroughs
Adventurer
INTERACTIONS: Faraine

A light snoring could be heard coming from what appeared to be an inanimate set of armor, posed in such a way as it was hugging its sword, the rocking of the boat and sound of waves lapping against the deck had put him right to sleep. Daniel hadn't gotten much sleep the night before, and he'd been at sea for nearly a week now, though he'd been told they'd be arriving in the morning.

Deckhands and guards were milling about the ship, chatter filling the air, all of them alight with excitement at finally being able to go ashore again. This ship had picked him up in Whitshell, a merchant vessel selling goods from Altair and though he certainly hadn't been a customer of theirs, the captain was not the kind to turn down payment, and so Daniel had been allowed aboard the vessel as it headed back home for the city of Altair.

"Oy, we're 15 minutes out." A gruff voice came through, a foot nudging the armored leg of Danny. He let his eyes flutter open, armor clanking as he began stretching from his sitting position. He stood slowly and attached the scabbard of Winterthorn to his belt. Through his visor he looked over to the see the captain of the vessel staring at him with his hands on his hips. "Normally don't allow venturers like yerrself aboard me vessel, but you were an alright guy, did what I asked, paid me to boot, if ye ever need another ride, we visit this port e'ery three weeks."

"Thanks, good to know." He muttered, voice a metallic echo as it erupted from his helmet. "I best get below deck and retrieve my belongings." He added on, giving the captain a curt nod before heading into the cargo hold of the vessel and towards the back. He'd stashed his bag and his father's axe behind some barrels and found them there undisturbed. That was good, if his belongings had gone missing there would be some hands that needed smashing. He generally wasn't quick to violence, but when it came to his father's axe, he'd kill somebody for it. He shouldered his bag and put the axe in it's holster on his back before heading back to the deck of the ship and waiting for it to dock.

As he exited the ship he looked about at the bustling city of Altair, just the docks alone were filled with people, a thought that he cringed at, but pushed on nonetheless. He pushed towards the solid ground of the dock and away from the rickety wood of the boat, and on his way he spotted a rather sickly looking giant, dry heaving as a soldier took a man away from her in binds. He halted for a moment and cocked his head at the scene before she composed herself and began to walk away. She walked slowly, though to him it appeared she had purpose in her step, or a destination perhaps, something he didn't have - although he might just be imagining things, still, a walking companion might be nice in a strange city.

He followed quickly and gave a quick "Hey!" As he approached, not wanting to startle her. "You look like you might know what's what around here. I'm Daniel, was wonderin' if maybe you could show me to the closest tavern? I'm starving." It was out of the norm for him to be so brash, but something about the boat ride over had him feeling a bit stir-crazy and like he needed to speak with anyone other than the dirty and gross shiphands he'd been around for the past 3 weeks.

Lobi Laeblom

Location- Altair Dockyard​

9e31a0d39c55572a2f6c36ba47d134734b4b0d4d.jpg
Smoky irises flicked from person to person, searching for someone to give Lobi some guidance. An old fisherman, a newsboy yelling out the latest going-ons, a stacked redhead apologizing to a pair of sailors, "God, how come ur a' elves lik' tha..." She mumbled bitterly to herself. Just before she could delve into a self loathing, her ear twitched as she caught eye of something, or more accurately something missing. Her gaze had moved from the striking redhead ducking behind a corner to the first of the abashed men. With eyes like daggers, she looked him up and down. "Weel ah'll be..." Where there once was a fat coin purse there was now an empty belt loop. She had only noticed the purse in the first place because she was idly thinking of swiping it herself. Quickly, her gaze drifted from the man back to the corner where the woman had disappeared. She was gone now, but perhaps if Lobi was quick she could...

"Eh." She shrugged. Wasn't worth the effort. Let the lass have her prize. Lobi had bigger fish to fry, anyways. Two figures ahead, both nearly doubling her height. First a woman, obviously of giant heritage. That was nice. Pretty too. Double nice. Beside her, a... man? Hard to tell from a distance with all that armor. Though the real apples of Lobi's eye were the large and immaculately crafted weapons on their backs. Now Lobi was no weapon freak, but after years of specialized tutorship, she had to admit such instruments were impressive. It probably would be easier to ask the newsboy she saw before for directions, but this pair seemed far more interesting.

"Kveoa!" She called out a common giant greeting. "Ain't ye a sight fur loupin een! Bin sea locked tae lang. Yae've baith git ferr' th' weapaens, 'm jealous!" Lobi deftly flew between the two then hovered up to eye height with them. Her accent seemed to be of giant origin, specifically an accent common in the far northern towns. Lobi grinned at the two, smoky eyes glancing between them. "'Eard saemthin' aboot a tavern, bit early tae be gettin' right blootert, aye?" She grinned mischievously, eyeing the pair up and down as she spoke. Lobi had the bad habit of blatantly scanning strangers up and down. She was really only checking for weapons or really anything of note, but it was easy to mistake her intentions.

MENTIONS: jupiter. jupiter. leviohsa leviohsa (IN PASSING: Kyuubey Kyuubey )

Last edited:

Elof

ElofPost.jpg
Elof was surprised to find that the tavern was indeed open, and in fact that there were several others who had begun to pour in, taking their seats and filling up tables. I was really hoping the place would be empty for a little longer... The young man sighed, but quickly perked up as he heard the elf woman call out to him. "Beef Stew. And a glass of water. Please..." The Troupe wouldn't be upset at him if he took a little while to find them a place to relax right? He deserved his time apart from the rowdy bunch anyway. He was going to sit down at an empty table in the corner, but those plans were dashed when the dwarf woman called for him to sit next to her. Even though he was in his "Human" Form, it was still surprising to see someone small than him. What was truly surprising though was her willingness to sit next to a stranger, even invite one to sit next to her at that. Normally he would decline invitations like these, but she was the first person to look at him with concern rather than disdain.

Quietly, Elof made his way over to the table and sat down. His eyes turned slowly to her, obscured by his messy hair. "I'm fine. No bath's... yet. Bandits on the way here, but they were weak. Took care of them quickly." He looked toward the other tables, then the bar, before looking back at the woman. "This tavern. I have to tell the rest of the troupe about it. They'd like it. But right now... I want some quiet." He reached into his satchel, pulling out an well worn book. The cover was so banged up you could barely see the title, with each page stained with water in some way. But the mixed blood opened it up and laid it down on the table gently. "I'm almost done. There are a couple of chapters left. Do you like books?"

Mentions
jupiter. jupiter. Britt-21 Britt-21

faraine zolas
unexpected companions
walking to the tavern
squeamish af
idk man
An unfamiliar voice caught Faraine's attention, willing her eyes to remove their gaze that was set on the ground beneath her, and instead focus on the heavily armored individual, who apparently was named Daniel. Not many try to approach the woman, so she would be lying if she said the notion didn't catch her off guard. Blinking a few times, she replied, "Sure. I'm headed to a Tavern myself. If you'd rather venture there on your own, it is just down ther-"

Her directions were interrupted by a rather playful fairy greeting her in her native tongue. Faraine's brows furrowed in confusion. Why did people decide today was the day to be friendly with her? Thankfully, spending years hearing all kinds of dialects, the Giant was able to pick up what she was saying rather easily. What wasn't easy for her, was keeping up with the fairy's quick movements. Her persistent dizziness made Faraine's temples throb, having a hard time listening to the thick accent. The mentioning of her family sword brought her attention back, though, prompting the Giant to physically tense up. Her posture stiffened and her previously confused expression lowered into a more stern one. This would not be the first time someone tried to be friendly and steal her one-of-a-kind weapon. "Funny, but I am not going to the Tavern to get drunk. Not yet, anyway.." She muttered the last sentence to herself, contemplating how this day would end up going. Golden eyes watched the fairy inspect her and the man beside her. What did she want with them? Or, rather, why were they still walking with her?

The more they walked, the closer they got to the bustling tavern. Shouts and declarations of orders could already be heard from a yard or so. This detail made her wince, her head still maintaining a dull, throbbing pain. She remained quiet throughout this trip, partially because she had nothing to say to the strangers (who, she honestly did not expect to stick around), and because she feared if she spoke another word, words would be replaced with vomit.

I am never boarding a ship again... She thought to herself, knowing it was an utter lie.
coded by natasha.

Good introductions
Tags:

Sh'Kashta awoke to the midday sun warming her from the depths of her resting spot. As she pulled herself from the muck and shook herself clear, she noted how much her surroundings has changed during her sleep. The sky was blocked by large objects that certainly had not been there before, and the sounds of the nearby town had grown much louder than expected. Curiousity took her.

With a few quick strokes she swam up to the object and clung to its side. It seemed to be some sort of fake whale. Large and floating, covered in barnacles, but made of wood. The work of the surface dwellers possibly. Perhaps this was part of their strange rituals and celebrations, which would explain the amount of noise going on. If she was going to learn everything there was about surface life, celebrations were the way to do it. And with no further thought, she climbed up the object into the open air.

The jump in volume from water to air was no real surprise anymore, Sh'Kashta had gotten use to that. The jump in volume shortly after she hauled herself off ont the wooden walkway was a shock though. Sudden yelling about "its on the ship" or something, and then heads were turning to look at Sh'Kashta. She looked around, trying to figure out what had happened, and noticed the yelling was coming from people atop the wooden whale. The Ship perhaps, were they upset she had climbed it? She thought best to simply walk away, leave The Ship and continue to see what was going on.

As was normal to her trips to surface cities, the respectful citizens gave her plenty of room, some even rushing ahead announcing her arrival. At the city proper though, a couple guards arrived to hold her back at spear point. Some rather quick questions were posed, and Sh'Kashta had to rasp a deep breath to answer. "I here for -rasp- celebration. Hear noise. Want -rasp- join." This answer seemed to take the guards in confusion. Either they expected hostility, or didn't know about the celebration.

1678222471743.png
f5b340fbe979b1f61cf0e3ed1a3c5fa0.jpg
Today marked the ships arrival date after spending some time out at sea. They successfully docked within Altair and even from the deck of the ship, he could hear the livelihood of the city's port. One of the busiest places within this entire city. Even from the deck of the ship, he can hear nearby yelling from vendors striving for attention and unhappy customers complaining about prices. He was all too familiar with this lifestyle, as he dealt with two types of customers. The first, were the ones who wanted fish either special ordered, or whatever he had in at the time. The second one, were the ones who needed him for certain task, task involving his blade. Whether if it was used to threaten or harm did not matter. His second source of income lead him to a very notorious customer, none other than the King of the Pirates. He was requested for one task and one task only, protect his 'Sacred Treasure'. At first he assumed it was some rare jewel he found deep in the sea; however, it was revealed to actually be his one and only daughter, Nesta Diamanté. This would be a long standing contract, until he no longer need him or if his service were deemed unworthy. Usually the King of Pirates is quick to eliminate whomever he deems unworthy. So far it's safe to say, that things are going expected, especially since he's survived a little under a year.

Currently he stood towards the front of the ship along with Nesta as she looked over the ships railings. There was no doubt in his mind, she was itching to step off the ship and stir up a bit of trouble. Since serving as her bodyguard, he has picked up on her 'habits' and mischievous ways. And just as he expected, she looked back at him and said exactly what he thought she'll say, adding her signature smile. He knew exactly what she meant. He just hoped he could make a few deliveries before she causes a bit of trouble. He simply shrugged his shoulders and said, "I have deliveries to make anyway." He followed behind her, grabbing his sword and a large net filled with bundles of fish. As she announced their departure to her father, he slightly bowed towards him in respect.

He followed behind Nesta as she walked the port scanning her surrounds. To most, she may have just been looking around, but Nasir knew she was searching for a few easy targets. Soon enough, there were two gentlemen approaching whom they both marked. Allowing her some space to work, he maneuvered himself around them watching as she stole their coin pouches effortlessly. It was like watching a master at work. The laughter, the blushing, and even her words, were all techniques to fool the ignorant. After the guys were no longer in sight, he turned towards Nesta who held a very proud expression as she flashed their coin pouches. And just like that, not even five minutes off the boat, the Pirate Princess has begun. He looked at her with an unimpressed expression, since he's seen this trick of her countless times. "People really need to secure their things better." He said nonchalantly. "But nevertheless, better someone else than you or I."

He followed her all the way towards the tavern that was already filling up with customers. "As long as there's no trouble, yes." He said in response. It was around noonish so he didn't expect much foolishness to happen this earlier. Especially in Altair no doubt. Maybe in a backwater town, yes. He looked at as she rested against the door insisting he goes in first. Typically, he wouldn't allow himself to enter before a lady, but as a bodyguard, he preferred it this way anyway. Stepping inside, he marked every person inside the tavern as he scanned the room. He turned to look at the princess still holding that nonchalant expression. "I'm going to drop off this delivery to the kitchen. Order me the usual, and try not to cause another bar fight." With no other words, he walks right past the barmaid and straight into the kitchen. There, he handle off the bundle of fish towards the chef and was informed he had to wait for the barkeep to arrive before he received his payment. A single eyebrow raised in question as he heard the chef's words. It looks like, Nesta's wish to stay a bit is actually coming true. Nasir wasn't living until he got paid. Leaving the back, he walked towards Nesta's location with a hint of annoyance on his face. "No barkeep, no money. Looks like we're staying."

His attention then shifted towards the barmaid, currently helping whomever. "Excuse me." He called out to her. "When does the barkeep arrive? They owe me some gold for the fish." That was all he said, and he hoped that was all he needed to say.

Kyuubey Kyuubey (Nesta), Britt-21 Britt-21 (Elora), everyone else in the tavern​

Elora.png
1678322577540.png

While asking the pair, she noticed more people wondering in. A white-haired man and a Redheaded woman ( The Elder The Elder Kyuubey Kyuubey ) both had came in, to which she waved to them "Welcome!" she shouted and returned her gaze to Brenna and her possible new friend ( jupiter. jupiter. Spiderverse Spiderverse ) while giving them a thumbs up "Milk, Daily special and a Beef Stew with water coming up! And no problem Brenna! We can find somewhere to put it soon." the white-haired man that had waltzed on in earlier with the redhead had rushed to the back by her, making her raise an eyebrow in curiosity. While walking in, that same man already walked out, however it seemed a delivery was made. Ah, that'd make sense why he just casually wondered on back here. I was going to tell him he would have to leave the back end if he was just a normal customer because he couldn't be back here. the elf thought as she gathered water and milk while also giving the cook his order for the pair. "One Special and one Beef Stew please~ Thank you!"

Elora scurried out and to the bar where she had placed their drinks down "Here you go Brenna, your milk. Here you go good sir, your water." she gave them both a warm smile "Your food will be out soon. Just got those orders slapped right on it for ya." Those elf ears of her perked as soon as she heard those "magic words" and let her golden gaze shoot towards where it had come from, spotting the same guy who went in the back earlier. It was clear he had her attention as he asked his question "Usually he takes at most a half hour after opening. Till then it's just the other staff. Would you like something for yourself and the pretty lady while you wait? It'll pass the time!" she turned for a moment, grabbing some glasses and filling other drink orders she was given not too long ago and began to put them on a tray of some sorts. I'll go deliver these and then I'll get over to the pair to get their order. If they're sitting that is. Elora moved and began to deliver the drinks, people obviously happy with how quick they had come out. She informed them their food will be coming out soon as well and to call her when she's needed.

Taking another glance, it seemed the pair hadn't sat down yet, so she returned to the bar not too far away from Brenna and the boy next to her. Though it was clear she was doing other things, such as setting up the bar for the owner when he were to arrive. It would be less for him to worry about when coming into a busy restaurant and make him proficient at starting off handing out drinks.​

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Brenna Opalsong
INTERACTIONS: Elof

The little dwarf let a smile tug at her lips as the mercenary took his seat next to her. A simple order from him as well, perhaps he couldn't afford anything fancier or just enjoyed simple comforts, either way Brenna respected it. She watched as he pulled a worn and tattered book from his satchel and laid it upon the bar top, flipping it open. The way he spoke was a touch offputting to her, but she'd make no fuss about it, it was likely just a difference in culture and demeanor. After all, she was comfortable here, this bar was one she visited often and this city was her home, even if it hadn't always been so.

She listened to his words, ears pricking when he asked a question of her to which she gave a short nod. "I do, a good book is always a comfort. What's that one about?" She inquired, eyes drifting away from him once more to gather in the crowd that had filtered into the tavern at this point. Her attention was drawn immediately to a scarlet haired woman, bold of demeanor and of appearance, and then to the man who'd approached Elora inquiring after the barkeep. This was an interesting crowd already, she hoped that things would stay civil, at least whilst she was having her lunch and chatting with her new friend - well, acquaintance.

That thought alone gave her pause and she perked up and turned back to the mercenary before he could reply to her question. "Oh! My name's Brenna, by the way, Brenna Opalsong - owner and primary jeweler of Opalescence, the finest jewelry shop here in Altair. I'd prefer if you called me by my last name though, if it's no trouble." An odd request to be sure, but she very often didn't even give out her first name, let alone let complete strangers use it.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Daniel Sorroughs
Adventurer
INTERACTIONS: Faraine & Lobi

Relief washed over the hungry knight as soon as the giantess gave her response to his question. Good, somebody that knew where they were and where they were going. He gave a small nod as she spoke listening intently as she was about to give him directions, though the two were promptly interrupted by a zippy little fairy who spoke in a manner that melted his sea-lagged brain. "I... uh... I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that..." The man muttered, eyes darting back and forth to keep the fairy in sight.

Truly the only thing he'd caught was the words weapons and tavern, he gave an anxious look over to the giantess, though one that would be lost in the fact that his eyes were not visible behind the visor of his helm. He let out a quick sigh before giving a shake of his head, listening as the giantess gave her reply to the fairy. After that she kind of just took off in a direction and seeing as she had just been ready to give him directions, he assumed it would be okay for him to follow, so he did though this time he'd remain silent and distance himself a few feet so as to not make the already queasy looking giantess any more uncomfortable. It wasn't long before the sight and sound of the tavern graced his senses and he let a small smile creep across his face at the thought of finally being able to eat.

The entrance was a touch crowded however, and the thought of having to push through those bodies to grab a seat was one he didn't revel in, so he'd wait behind them for an opening to enter the bar. He gave a quick glance towards the fairy and the giantess, wondering if he should ask for their names - after all, he'd opened the conversation with his. It was only polite, at least that was how he was raised. "I appreciate the directions, haven't eaten anything since midday yesterday. So what're your names?" He asked. If he was to wait, it'd be better to fill his time with conversation than silence.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Mirianna Grenspeck
Viridian Way Prodigy
LOCATION: Viridian School of Green Magic --> The Street outside of the Braze'N'Bold
INTERACTIONS: open

"Now, class, we're going to work on the Floral Arrows technique, prepare yourselves and meet me out in the courtyard." The voice emitting from the front of the classroom was raspy and a touch deep, though definitely feminine in origin. If she hadn't known who the voice belonged to, Miri would have a hard time visualizing the face attached to it, though Miri of course knew that this voice belonged to her grandmother. Miri stood from her position in the back of the class and grabbed the satchel that had been placed tenderly on the ground next to her desk. She checked inside to ensure her wand and book were present before making her way towards the door, though she was swiftly interrupted as the older elf stepped in her path, clearing her throat and looking Miri up and down.

"How good of you to grace us with your presence today, Mirianna, perhaps you'd like to give a demonstration of todays technique for our newest recruits?" The woman asked, waving her hand back towards the class at the fresh-faced rookies who were still scrambling to grab their things and chattering with excitement. Miri glanced backwards at them before returning her gaze to her grandmother and giving a swift shake of her head, "Not today, Gran, I only stopped in because father asked me to. Said he had something to give me and I thought I could sit in on your class while I waited for him to get in." The young witch responded, making a move to push past the woman.

She was stopped again by a swift hand, "Oh come on, these youngsters could stand to see exactly how a master of the Viridian Way performs these techniques." She pleaded, eyes searching for the young half-elf's, though Miri found it hard to meet the woman's gaze. A few moments passed before she let out a short sigh and put her hands up in defeat, "Fine, fine, just this once, Gran, and only because it's you asking." She responded, turning back around and heading for the door that led to the courtyard of the school.

Sunlight flooded her vision as she opened the door and pushed through into the cobbled stone courtyard, taking a moment to let her gaze take in the familiar sights of the school. The stone structure of the school was engulfed in ivy and flowers and several different species of butterflies, moths, and other insects milled about within the plants. In the center of the courtyard stood three straw targets, some of which had flowers sticking out of them. It was only a few moments before the rest of the class filtered outside, looking around excitedly. Last out into the courtyard was her grandmother who caught the attention of her students with a loud clearing of her throat.

"Now, as I said at the end of lecture, we're going to practice the Floral Arrows technique, and today we have a special treat because you will be afforded the opportunity to see a master herself perform this technique. I daresay she is even better than I am, especially with this technique." Flattery was something that Miri always allowed and she gave her grandmother a wide smile before stepping out in front of the class. "Hello, hello, I'm sure some of you already know me, but if not then my name is Mirianna Grenspeck, and as my grandmother so kindly pointed out, I have achieved master rank within the Viridian Way. Now, one of the keys to this technique is having an innate connection with both the magic of nature and the flowers with which you plan to use. After all, they provide a service to you, and as such they are due a service as well, one you pay in the proper care of their brethren and the continuation of their progeny."

The way she spoke you might think that she herself was a professor of the School, though that was a position she turned down years ago. "Now, if you'll observe, I will perform the Floral Arrows technique, keep a watchful eye out and open your minds, you may just learn something." And with that the half-elf reached into her bag and pulled out her wand, a beautifully decorated wooden wand, the crystalline focuses carved into the likenesses of flowers and butterflies. She stepped about 10 feet away from the targets in the center of the courtyard and readied herself, taking a deep breath before raising her wand and focusing herself.

Within a second a glowing green mist engulfed her arm and wrapped around the wand, her hair began to float lightly under her hat and flowers began blooming at her feet. She opened her eyes and pointed the tip of her wand at the flowers beneath her feet and flicking it upwards. The flowers ripped themselves from the ground, long stems intact and sharp, hardening as the flowers began to float in a circle around her. A smile crept across her face before she let out a small grunt and flourished her wand, sending the sharp-stemmed flowers hurtling towards the targets, each of which embedded themselves deeply within the hay.

She let her arm relax and turned towards the class who were staring at her in awe. Another second passed and suddenly the students were clapping and chattering excitedly, "Amazing, amazing, thank you so much my Mirianna. Now class, it is your turn." Her Gran said, giving her granddaughter a light squeeze of her arm. Miri couldn't lie, she felt a deep satisfaction at the cheering of the new witches and wizards of the school, though she couldn't revel in it long as she saw her father walking towards her and the class.

"Ah, father! You wanted to meet me today?" She asked, giving the man a smile. "Yes, I'm sorry I'm late, would you care to follow me to my office?" He asked, giving the girl a quick sidehug and waving at his mother. Miri nodded and the two started off towards his office. Along the way Jory greeted several students and waved at some of the teachers he passed. It didn't take long for the two to reach his office and Miri took a seat on a plush cough next to the window. Jory sauntered over to his desk and took a seat, placing his hands on the surface of his desk and interlocking his fingers as he let his gaze drift towards his daughter.

"I'd like to ask you again to come teach here at the Viridian School." He started, pausing and looking towards her to gauge her reaction. "You clearly have a knack for it, and your talents are beyond measure. You would be an indispensable asset to this school." He continued. The girl let out a sigh and flopped backwards on the couch she was seated on. "You told me you had something for me, you scheming little liar!" She groaned before sitting back up and giving him an angry look. "We've had this conversation before, father, and you know that when the time is right I will take my place within these halls, but that time is not now. I have a life to live outside of this school and you and grandfather are doing immensely well without me right now. I won't have this conversation again, at least not now. Now, unless you actually have got something for me, I'll see you at dinner." She shouted, standing abruptly and marching out of his office and promptly out of the school, grunting and huffing the entire way.

She walked for about 15 minutes before she found herself outside of a busy bar, shouts and laughter spilling out into the street. She stopped in her tracks and clutched her satchel, eyes determined as she set out to approach the tavern, she needed a drink.

Last edited:

Lobi Laeblom

Lobi was especially tough on tired eyes, mostly due to her charcoal black wings. Specks of glowing reds embedded themselves in the black appendages, leaving a trail of dancing light as her wings fluttered, trails akin to that of a stick with one end set aflame being swung around like a child to make crude shapes in the air. There was also the fact the pixie had a head of bright red hair, that certainly didn't help. "Richt glakit, yae'r." Lobi commented rather rudely in response to the armored mans confusion. She floated around to the side of this 'Daniel' fellow, still examining his armor. "Eh, boats dae that tae ya. Dinnae blame ya." She added, deciding to let the brain-lagged man off the hook. Turning back to the wobbly legged giant staggering off. Lobi jabbed Daniel in the side playfully with her shoulder and nodded her head to the giantess. "Handlin' yae shite better ten tae tidy lass there. Count yer blessin's"

Speaking of, Lobi flew off away from this Daniel and took up a spot beside the giantess, flying just off the ground- putting the fairy at around stomach height to the other woman. "Oy, lassie. Lookie 'ere," The fairy gestured to her pouch then began to dig around in it. It took a bit of searching, causing the fairy to grumble some annoyed curses at her own bag, though eventually the red haired pixie produced a glass bottle full of brown liquid. The bottle fit in the palm of the pixie's hands, that is to say it was quite small. "For yea 'ead. Yae look like yer gonna right boke all ova' tae floor." The bottle was indeed medicine for minor nausea and fatigue, it was labelled and everything. Identical to the stuff one could buy over the counter at a potion shop. Lobi held it up to the other woman, shaking it like one would a dog toy to an excited pup. "Free 'a charge!" She added, winking at the giantess as she did so just to throw the paranoid woman off. She meant well by the offer, too. Well. mostly well. Before, Lobi had indeed clocked the change of demeanor at the mention of the hulking piece strapped behind the giants back. The offer served as a sort of test. If the taller woman took the tincture, that meant she wasn't just a paranoid sceptic, and the sword was in reality something special. If she didn't then maybe she was just paranoid. Or smart, you shouldn't take strange medicine from strangers after all.

"Hm?" Lobi's ears twitched as the armored Daniel asked her name. Lobi tilted her head back and rotated so she was flying almost parallel to the ground, her fire red twin tails dangling downwards. "Ca' me Lobi!" She gave the man an upside down grin. She was still holding out the medicine for the stern woman, and was still shaking it like a bell as well. "Or, whitever yae like. Yer names Daniel, aye? Yae 'ave a John voice though, na offence. Kin I call yae John?" She tilted her head to the side, her twin tails now dangling askew with her head.

MENTIONS: jupiter. jupiter. leviohsa leviohsa

Last edited:
faraine zolas
barside introduction
Braze n' Bold Tavern
To the woman's dismay, the fairy kept talking. Why? How could one person have so much to say to two strangers? Pointed ears did their best to tune out the thick accent, but it stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the chatter and bustling crowd around the trio. "Handlin' yae shite better ten tae tidy lass there. Count yer blessin's!" Faraine rolled her eyes at the comment, using the irritation of the joke to push her onward. They were so close to the familiar Tavern that she could hear the sound of Elora's voice amongst the growing crowd of customers.

Thank the gods. A familiar voice. She thought to herself, beginning to tune the pair behind her out once more. It wasn't until the smoldering fairy piped up playfully, urging her to look downwards at the unfamiliar pouch that sat in the fairy's tiny palm. A sigh escaped her lips as the excitable woman waved the potion up at her. Spending nearly fifteen years on her own in the great expanse of the world gave the Giantess the common sense to know not to take bottles from strangers, no matter how friendly or plain the label or person may seem. It was for this reason that Faraine scoffed,

"Thanks, but no thanks."
shaking her head, she simply walked toward the crowd, passing the makeshift line of tourists that was quickly forming along the walls of the popular tavern. This act of blatant disregard for the tourists made a few of them bicker amongst themselves, but not one sour-faced person dared to say anything to her, and she didn't care to wait around and listen. It wasn't her fault that they were fools.

Even as they neared their desired destination, the duo behind her were still talking! Wow, what a friendly pair. Odd, too.. considering they chose to follow her of all people.
"I appreciate the directions, haven't eaten anything since midday yesterday. So, what're your names?" His voice was polite, clearly belonging to a man that wasn't used to this much interaction either, it seemed. Faraine listened to the fairy introduce herself, stifling a chuckle at her comment about Daniel's name. Golden eyes did not even take time to scan the room, her leather boots leading her straight to a free spot at the bar. It took merely a second for her eyes to make contact with those of a barmaid, and that's when she spoke up,

"A mead and water, please. Add today's special too." The barmaid simply nodded, not even needing to write the Giant's order as her swift hands began to pour the requested drinks. Letting out a groan, the huntress rested her arms on the bar and let her head fall into them, forcing wavy black hair to fall messily with it. Intricate braids could be spotted within the pile of splayed out hair along with some beads and charms. It took a few moments, but the woman finally lifted herself up, looking over at Daniel. "I am Faraine. It is good you ported where you did. Plenty of food and drink." Faraine glanced over at the fairy she now knew as Lobi, still trying to decide if she had ulterior motives. "Just be wary of the overly-friendly." To most, the Giantess was a bit too jaded, and needed to lighten up, but, being a bounty hunter meant that she didn't have the luxury of being overly trusting. Not in this world.
coded by natasha.

Elof

ElofPost.jpg

Elof looked up at the barmaid when she brought him his glass of water, his dead stare lighting up slightly at the refreshing looking glass. It had been a while since he'd drank anything outside of a metal flask or a shoddy leather waterskin, so it was certainly a step up from his perspective. With the young woman's update about his food, the mercenary simply nodded his head, before getting lost once again in the clear blue water in front of him.

He was so absorbed he had almost forgotten about his new acquaintance, who had inquired about his book. "A man goes through time to find a lady he lost. She goes through time too. Taken away by demons. Leaves clues in places she was. Very long. But good..." Elof flips through the pages for a moment, the paper marked with small notes and circles for words that were too big for him to understand or weird that couldn't figure out. When he looked back up from the pages, the dwarf had been looking away, staring off at some of the other people coming in. It looks like its getting more crowded now. I should get the rest of the troupe soon..

Before he could even consider getting up from his seat, the woman had already turned back, introducing herself to him with a very long and pretty name. "Opalsong... pretty name. My only name is Elof. Just a mercenary. Kill people or monsters, protect merchants. Guard borders of Whitshell mostly..."

Mentions:
jupiter. jupiter.

Last edited:

Mikhail

mood.

Anxious

[/comment]

location.

Altair Docks

tags.

-->

-->

-->

With the advent of spring, Altair awakens from its winter slumber and erupts into a veritable Eden of blossoming flora and fauna. As merchants and traders alike converge to peddle their wares, the central market square becomes a symphony of sweet scents and exotic goods. The grand market square is bedecked with kaleidoscopic tents and banners that dance in the spring breeze, infusing the air with the heavenly aroma of freshly baked bread, savory meats, and exotic spices. Mikhail took a moment to savor each, bringing his hand up to his hooded face to direct each scent to greet his nostrils.

At hand, he carried with him an inky black bag, it hung low to the floor and stopped a mere inch away from the ground. Mikhail himself wore threads of matching color: his dark hood hung over his crown and was pulled to fall just over his forehead. At his chest, a small blue moon sat sideways, the shape was carefully inscribed along the dusk cloth.

With a purposeful glimmer in his eyes, he cut through the cluster of bodies. Mikhail navigated the labyrinthine alleys with the grace of a seasoned native; although he often parted from Altair, it remained his home—his mind carried the shape of every twist within it. With each step, Mikhail's eyes roamed hungrily across the mass of bodies, scanning every face with an intensity that bordered on desperation. Why on earth did his contact pick such a busy place to meet? Everything about this job stunk, yet he could never say no. He was seldom one to ask questions, but … the chirping that came from the bag left his mind wandering.

Mikhail found himself strolling down the crowded alleys of the grand market square, the cacophony of sounds and smells overwhelming his senses. His eyes searched for a spot to rest, and soon enough, he settled on a small food stand. He walked up to it, the bag at his side dragging slightly on the ground. He looked up at the vendor, who was busy wiping down the counter. "What can I get for you?" the vendor asked.

Departing from the stand, he found a place nearby to rest with food in hand. He was halfway finished with his meal when a strange feeling crept over him. As he froze, panic began to rise in his throat. His head turned, his brain compelling his body to check in on his main priority. It was just slightly ajar, but the bag he had so delicately placed was not as he left it.

His stomach recoiled from the wave of worry that seeped into his mind. The bowl of rice he held splattered against the ground as his body snapped forward. Shaking hands frantically pulled open the strings of the dark container, but he found nothing within.

He cursed under his breath as he searched, his heart accelerating in his chest. He quickly looked around to see if anyone had noticed, but he was the only one paying any attention to what transpired. He cursed yet again and quickly scooped up the bag, tying the strings closed as fast as he could. He made his way through the market square, his gaze darting from person to person, wondering if any of them had seen it.

A moment passed, and he heard a familiar chirping sound. He looked up to see a small bird perched atop a nearby tree. It was a beautiful, regal red and he was certain that it was the creature he was meant to deliver—in its escape it now sat on a tree branch, almost taunting him. He watched as the bird flitted from one branch to the next, chirping away with each wingbeat.

Its wings danced in the wind, its feathers a glorious red in the sunlight. Its chirps echoed around him, the creature's glee at its escape palpable. He lifted his arms, hoping to catch the bird in a single swoop, but his efforts were in vain. The bird gracefully flew from branch to branch, each chirping a jeer as if it were daring him to catch it.

He didn't hesitate for even a heartbeat longer, pushing his way through the crowds of people in his pursuit. The bird was too fast for him, but his determination brought him forward. He felt the sharp gaze of the crowd as he ran, but he paid them no mind. He ran faster and faster, his feet pounding against the cobblestones. He heard the cries of people as he passed them, but he paid them no heed. His eyes were fixed on the bird, its wings flapping wildly as it careened toward the docks. He could feel the wind against his face and smell the salty tang of the ocean as he raced forward.

Mikhail watched in awe as the bird flew between two guards, its wings beating furiously against the air. He followed it with his eyes until it suddenly disappeared. He held his breath, and then, with a graceful swoop, the bird emerged, landing on the head of a tall figure. He peered closer and realized that it was not a human, but a Sahuagin.

The bird perched atop its head, as if it had found its rightful place. He was transfixed, unsure of what to do or say, but he knew that this was his chance. He had to capture the bird before it flew away again. He gave a passing glance toward the two guards who accusingly pointed spears at the shark—Mikhail quickly understood the situation.

Daring a glance at the shark person, he tried to communicate his plight without words. He gave the creature a pleading look, silently begging it to play along. He was desperate, and he knew he was out of options. Taking a deep breath, he stepped forward with a friendly smile gracing his countenance. “Yes, my friends … They - or… she, rather, is here to visit Altair! I assure you she means no harm and is just here to enjoy everything we have to offer.

The two were ready to act if needed but were slightly disarmed by Mikhail’s presence. As they eyed him, a slight frown creased on their faces. With a sigh, they both lowered their spears, and the taller of the two spoke. “Just stay safe and make sure not to cause any trouble. We’ll be keeping an eye on her.” The two guards turned and departed, leaving the pair to their own devices. As the strangers watched them leave, the air seemed to become lighter, and the tightness in his chest gave way to a sense of relief.

He stepped forward, extending his hands in a gesture of peace. He made sure to keep his palms open and fingers spread, creating a space for the bird to rest. He looked up at the shark person and spoke gently. “I’m sorry about the bird. It's my pet and it got loose. May I have it back? Be gentle, if you would—I imagine they’re frail.

-->

Ciaran
Altair - City Streets > Braze'n'Bold

As the morning wore into the early afternoon, all seemed fairly quiet on the road. Ciaran made slow progress on-foot, wagons and carts passing him occasionally. He seemed to hum a faint folk tune as the sun beamed upon his rosy cheeks and copper hair.

The city gates were soon in sight and his humming turned to quiet singing.

"And the princes, lords, and emperors,
Embrace the merchants' houses,
In the heart of Altair~.

Around the town hall,
Proud people crowd the alleys,

In the heart of Altair~!"

Ciaran's spirits were soaring once he made it into the bustling city. His stomach, unfortunately, begged to differ. The long last leg of his trek left him famished, and it didn't help that he took several detours to indulge his curiosity with several findings along the way.

The hungry quarter-beastman strolled along, browsing and pondering his options. He was unfamiliar with the taverns and food stalls here, but the stream of patrons flowing into this "Braze'n'Bold" told him plenty. Joining the crowd, he squeezed through the front door... then his face dropped. He had never seen a tavern so crowded! Then again, he seldom visited bustling cities, period.

Most of the tables were occupied by now. Ciaran silently cursed his late arrival. He pulled his tail close to shimmy through a dining room that grew increasingly packed with the lunch rush. His expression suggested he was desperate for a seat, a fact the hungry fox couldn't deny. Thinking of unrelated facts, a funny thought crossed his mind: Many stories he knew started in a tavern. He wondered what stories might also unfold from a simple lunch hour.

coollogo_com-202873427.png

__dehya_genshin_impact_drawn_by_swallow_zzy__sample-2e771c4cd4a98c480819554bbc9635bc.jpg
Nesta sighed heavily as Nasir wandered off with his haul of fish in hand. An elbow went to rest against the surface of the bar as a hand wandered into her hair. Her lithe frame was leaned over, completely ignoring the vacant seat beside her. Strands of chocolate hair tickled her nose and obscured her vision. “ Oi, I’ll take three of whatever ye have on tap. Two for me and one for the fish boy. “ A grin tugged at her lips, the very idea of finally being filled with a drink causing an early euphoria to set in. Genuinely it was probably the highlight of their trek onto land.

N’ where’s Ban? It ain’t like him to be late. What a slacker. “ She gazed around the room in search of the man who usually stood behind the bar and served drinks. He was nowhere to be found. Strange. Nessy sighed dramatically and pushed her chin into an open palm, ocean blue eyes surveying the many occupants who seemed to come from different corners of the room. They filtered in, drawn in like moths to a flame. Who wouldn’t be though? The ambience of this place was attractive. It was why Ness was such a frequent customer whenever they docked in Altair.

As Nasir reappeared, Ness raised a quizzical brow and smiled mischievously. “ Darn, what a shame that we will have to stay here longer. “ Finally she scooted herself into the vacant seat, and peered up with him batting eyelashes that pleaded he simply take a seat beside her. “ Can’t believe ye didn’t bring Scarf along. He’s probably so lonely on that ship. I like ‘em a lot more than ye. “ Her head tilted as a playful smile spread. “ Thanks, Elora. “ She mumbled, trying to be as polite as possible to the staff of the tavern. She might be a pirate but she had manners too, as diluted as they may be.

Nesta grabbed two of the drinks and slid one over to Nasir before reaching over to grab the third and drew them towards her chest to hug them against it tightly. The first was downed in a matter of seconds and the bottom of the glass thudded heavily against the surface of the counter. “ Ayeeeeeeeee, they really do have the best frothy beer, don’ they? “ She wiped at her mouth with the sleeve of her tunic, totally unladylike.

Those blue eyes turned towards the man who escorted her.

I may have forgotten to order ye food. Sorry. “ An apologetic look was flashed his way. “ Oi, Elora, can ye put in an order for Nassy boy’s usual? Thank ye! Maybe one for me too. My stomach is doin' a rumble of sorts. “ She chimed out, leaning back in her seat as she prepared to chug the second pint of beer within her grasp. A tongue slid past her lips as it licked up the remaining foam that was visible upon and around her mouth.

“ Ye should sing a shanty with me, Nassy! “ She chimed out happily, nudging her shoulder into Nasir. “ I’ll start! “ She began thudding both glasses upon the table to a tune that was playing within her head.

I am not a pirate, but I long to be, sailing by the stars across the seven seas, living with no earthly cares, my mates and me— the envy of all worldly men, who are not free. “ She began to sing. Her voice was almost eerie and unworldly, capturing the attention of every person within the tavern. She didn't dare mix her Siren ability into the words but instead it was meant to be uplifting, fun, and appealing to the ears.

Interaction; Nasir The Elder The Elder Elora, I guess Britt-21 Britt-21 Everyone in the tavern​

Last edited:
Elora.png
1678594566752.png

Elora smiled at the dark-skinned beastman and got her just the drinks she wanted with no delay, giving her a firm nod in acknowledgement. ( Kyuubey Kyuubey ) Another barmaid had come in to assist, which would definitely make it easier on the load considering how busy it was already getting. Actually it looked like that barmaid was talking with someone who the young Elf was very familiar with. With widened golden eyes that held that sparkle, she wanted to greet her so badly but food was already coming out of the kitchen and she had to hurry and get those foods delivered. Puffing her cheeks a bit, she began to gather food for the customers and began to deliver. From those she had gotten earlier, to those recently. Which meant that Brenna and her companion had gotten their food on time as well ( jupiter. jupiter. Spiderverse Spiderverse ) "Here ya go! Gettin' that food out as quick as possible is definitely our top priority!" with a gentle pat on the bar, she noticed someone who came in, seemingly lost for where to sit.

Poor guy, he seems so lost. Maybe because there's so many people he can't see the seats I see... I'm gonna help him in just a second. she thought as she noticed a few others who accompanied her Mmm...Maybe I shouldn't bother her. Not yet. she thought, however El did approach and gently patted her arm "Happy to see you again Fara. I don't wanna interrupt you too much." a simple greeting was more than enough for the current situation. When she were to return, no doubt she'd talk with Fara some more ( leviohsa leviohsa ). Afterwards, assistance had come to the male's rescue "Excuse me," she called out, approaching the orange-haired male "If you'd like a seat, I can help ya!" ( Goonfire Goonfire ) she then gestured over to a stool that definitely would've been hidden between all the people. Even if he may not see it, she definitely did and knew he'd be guaranteed a seat to have some lunch "I can take your order as well to get you started too!"

With her heart as big as the world and bright as the sun, she did her very best to talk with others, greet them, and take care of them. Even if she could stretch herself a little bit too thin sometimes. Hopefully she'd be able to get every seat filled and quick enough to start rotating people out and bringing new ones in. That was the thing about this Tavern, sometimes it took a while before a seat could become available for just one or two people. Elora tried her best though, for everyone's sake.

The welcoming committee
Tags: Mikhail Horror Horror

Frozen by the confusion as she was, Sh'Kashta was not overly surprised to have a bird land atop her head. Many a seagull was known to rest upon anything poking up out of the water, and the patient hunting method was not unknown to her. Still, it struck strange that of all the places to land here upon the dry lands, it would choose her.

At least, it seemed strange until the birds handler came running after to introduce themselves. A strange welcome indeed, but tales told of stranger. It was common enough to share gifts upon welcoming another, and a bird was indeed a fine gift. So as the runner assured the guards and sent them on their way, Sh'Kasta reached slowly to take the bird without spooking it.

She had only a minute to contemplate if it was rude to eat it now or wait, before being informed that the bird was, in fact, not a gift. With the slightest pang of hunger, she returned the bird to its handler and introduced herself to her new entourage. "Thank you. Your guards are -rasp- zealous. I am Sh'Kashta of -rasp- the Eshan clan. Your city is very -rasp- lively. Is today some special day?"

With her hands free of the bird, she began to re-stretch the cloth that covered her chest, now that she had been in the sun long enough to dry them out and risk burning her if she didn't. "And perhaps -rasp- there is somewhere out of the sun -rasp- where we could see the events?"

≛ Luca Adesso
『 TAGGED 』Interactions: N/A Mentions: Kyuubey Kyuubey
"I didn't know poor had a stench." Luca huffed as he walked down the street that he usually avoided. The street was the quickest way to his location and he was slowly regretting taking a shortcut. "All these taxes that I pay and they can't even keep the streets clean. This city needs work." After ranting to himself, Luca finally reached a street corner where he felt safer. Even though he had lived in this city his whole life, that didn't mean he was fond of every nook and cranny. It didn't take long for Luca to reach his destination. It was a shop that sold exotic items... and it was closed. "You gotta be kidding me! I come all the way over to this shitty side of town and you're closed!" Luca pounded on the door a few times to no avail. It looks like he made the trip for nothing.

He took of deep breath and turned away from the shop. His eyes landed on a tavern down the street, the Braze'n'Bold. "As long as they serve wine, I will consider this walk a success." The wine was most likely of poor quality, but wine was wine no matter what barrel it aged in. Luca instantly regretted opening the door, the sound of singing bombarding his ears. Soon after, the stench hit his nose, causing his face to scrunch up. "It even smells poor in here too." Luca remarked to himself, taking a seat at a table as far from the singing as possible. "No wonder plagues spread through cities so quickly. Everybody is packed in like rats." He said, continuing to rant to himself. While he was waiting to have his order taken, he grabbed a book from one of his side pouches.

Even if the singing was annoying him, he was still able to begin working on his journal that contained some of his scientific findings that week. He hasn't had a breakthrough yet, but he still found the information he gathered interesting nonetheless. He set his pencil down for a moment, retrieving a pipe from one of his pockets. He also retrieved a container that held tobacco. Some pipe smoke will help with the stench of the tavern. After successfully lighting his pipe, he picked up his pencil again so he could begin working. He let out a swath of smoke, focused on the task. He almost forgot what he came into the tavern for. He waved one of the barmaids over and asked for some wine. The wine came quickly and he took a sip to test its quality. He spit it back into the cup, taking another draw from his pipe to remove the flavors. "Fucking dreadful." He said, setting the cup aside. This tavern officially subverted all of his expectations.
code by @Nano

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Brenna Opalsong
INTERACTIONS: Elof

Brenna let her full attention return back to the man whom she'd invited to sit by her. It would be rude if she let her gaze continue to wander when she'd been the one to strike up conversation with the young fellow, and Brenna, though brash at times, was all but rude. She listened to what he said with interest, a story about a time traveler with elements of romance? It seemed a touch out of the field of interest she would have thought the young man to have, though she was not one to judge. "Sounds interesting." She commented, listening to what else the lad had to say.

A compliment? She wasn't used to that, much less one so specific as her name. Elof, a simple name though one that she'd be hard pressed to forget. And a mercenary, something she'd had pegged from the moment she saw him, though he did seem a touch young for it - though she of all people knew that appearances could be deceiving. "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you Elof. Maybe one day I'll hire you and your troupe if I ever have need to take my wares outside of Altair."

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Daniel Sorroughs
Adventurer
INTERACTIONS: Faraine & Lobi & Elora

Danny listened with a grimace as the fairy introduced herself and offered her own constructive criticism. John, huh? He'd never heard that one before, and he couldn't say he knew why the winged lass felt that way. He shook his head lightly "I'd prefer you didn't, though if you must then I suppose that's where we are." His voice carried through the slits in his visor, that metal tang still reverberating and masking the true sound of his voice. He looked towards the giantess though where a polite and reserved demeanor saw him standing back and waiting his turn, the giantesses own demeanor saw her push through the crowd and into the bar.

Danny took this chance to follow closely behind, fearing that if he didn't and with the growing crowd that he would likely have to wait quite some time before he could find a place inside. Though as he pushed through the sight of a clean, well-dressed half-elf caught his eye, though he couldn't linger to find out who she was. She'd have to find her own way in.

Danny found himself sat next to Faraine though how this feat was achieved was beyond him. "Is it normally this crowded?" The merc asked, letting his gaze fall upon the giantess once more as she rested her head on the bar, still no name to place with her face. That fact amended itself when she lifted her head, seemingly disregarding his question, or perhaps she hadn't heard it because of the rowdy patrons of the bar. He waved off the thought as she introduced herself though cocked his head at the last comment she made, obviously one pointed at the fairy that had seemingly followed the pair into the bar. "Heard." He muttered, though he shook off the notion. This fairy, though certainly curious and perhaps a touch too comfortable, was likely harmless.

He let his gaze drift away from Faraine once more, steel blue eyes searching the crowd to see the types of people he could expect to be around for the next hour or so. Nothing much of note, though he did spot a rather boisterous looking woman singing a sea shanty and her companions close by, a dwarf at not far off talking to what appeared to be a soldier. He wasn't sure why but he let his eyes stay on the soldier for a moment longer than the rest of the crowd and the act paid off as within that moment the face turned towards him and he recognized it immediately. The Wisp of the Redfang, somebody he'd fought alongside a number of times though he couldn't say the two knew each other beyond having each others backs on the field.

He gave a small wave, though he was unsure if the man had caught it. He returned his attention to the company he was currently keeping and let out a light sigh before looking towards the barmaid and giving a polite nod, "Daily special as well and a glass of water."

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Mirianna Grenspeck
Viridian Way Prodigy
INTERACTIONS: Luca

Mirianna found that the mess before her was common in one place or another within the walls of Altair, she just happened to be unlucky enough to run into it here. Next week it would be the Rat's Tail bar or perhaps another, but alas she was in no mood to wait and the Braze'N'Bold stood in front of her. The bar served alcohol and alcohol she would have. The fiery half-elf marched towards the door, caring little for the slobs standing in her way nor for the lofty threats they threw at her as she pushed through them. "Get the hell out of my way! Any of you dirty little streetrats touch me and you'll answer to the Grenspecks!" She shouted, prompting most of the rowdy bunch to pipe down and shuffle out of her way.

As she pushed into the interior of the bar she took a look around, sharp ears pricked for any familiar voices though she knew that was a long shot. Her friends and colleagues tended to steer clear of places like this, and honestly so did she, but she was on a mission for some swill and even the lowest tier would sake her thirst right now. She was acting like a hotheaded brat though, and she knew she needed to calm herself. Normally she wouldn't have gotten so worked up, but her father just couldn't leave the subject alone, a fact she found exhausting.

She took a breath and let her hands fall to her side, drowning out the sounds of the crowd, if only for a moment. Now poised and collected, Miri opened her eyes and took another look around the packed bar, almost immediately spotting a familiar face. Odd, though very convenient. It gave her both an out and a small source of comfort amongst the rabble of this establishment. "Luca!" She greeted, voice carrying across the crowd as she began to make her way over to the table he'd secured. "I wouldn't have expected to find you in a place like the Braze'N'Bold, mind if I take a seat?" She asked, giving the man a light smile and tipping her hat in greeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back