• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The World Of Innixus (IC)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
The Old Witch
Anaxileah Anaxileah

While working in her little shop, she could feel the presence of new company. The old witch turned from her position and looked toward the young looking fairy. As beautiful as she was, there was something else that stood out to her but she remained quiet about it. "Sounds like to me you're looking for a bag of holding. While looking normal, it could have almost infinite storage. Cloaks... Well they're sold everywhere but, I suppose I should be grateful that you chose my shop." The woman hobbled her way over to a shelf with a few bags, ranging from big to small, though not all of them were bags of holding. "As for the nightshade, you're going to want to go over there," Taking a finger, she pointed to a cupboard that held various looking potion bottles as well as some herbs inside vials. "From there you'll find everything you need. I always try to stock the shop every other day. So you came on a good day dear." Grasping a smaller bag, she took a look inside and confirmed it was indeed a bag of holding before closing it back up. It was one of those bags that hung from the shoulder and across the chest to hang on the side. Easy to carry around since it was basically hands-free. Kalmia nodded as the older woman took her order to mind, pointing at the various items she had requested and offering a polite smile.

"When I said cloak, I meant one of Natural Protection, I believe." She looked longingly at the cloaks on the rack, hoping one would suit her needs.

"For the bag of holding... They're quite pricey as it is, so that'll be one gold coin. Not easy to enchant these at all." The witch moved to the counter where she always makes her deals, placing the bag down and gestured over to the cloaks "You can take a look at those cloaks on the rack and choose what you like the most." Now there was one cloak in particular, and it was one that had a dark green base color with a golden trim. No doubt it'd be something that the Fairy would like given her outfit currently. Moving over to the potion and herb cabinet, she began to look for that Nightshade that the girl wanted. Quietly the woman would pick up a bottle, a vial, and more. Not only inspecting her items while doing so, but also stalling for some odd reason... Wonder why that was the case? Being an old woman had it's downsides, and hopefully that Fairy understood.

Kalmia waited patiently as she grasped the cloak in question, hoping it would function as she desired. "Is this perhaps enchanted with what I need?" She glanced back at the witch, who seemed to be biding her time. It was suspicious, but not something the green-haired woman needed to act on right away.

Looking over her shoulder, the old woman glanced at the cloak in her hands. "You have a good eye, young one. That one is indeed enchanted and should be the cloak you're looking for." With a firm nod, she went back to the various glasses and grasped one for herself. "Ah, here it is..." Taking the Nightshade, she inspected the bottle "Come here and let me know if this is enough. Not the largest, but not the smallest either."

Kalmia grinned and placed the cloak on the counter along with the bag of holding, delighted with the elderly woman's answer. Approaching the woman with a slight skip in her step, she examined the vial, grasping hold of it from the woman's outstretched hand. It fit in her palm, and the opening to the bottle was wide enough for an arrowhead to be dipped inside, so it would certainly make do. "This is perfect. How much for it all?" The faerie's smile felt a little warmer as she made room for the woman to return to her counter, standing aside patiently after giving the woman her vial back.

"Ten Gold. Ill throw something extra in as well for you. Most rare thing I have." The woman moved towards the counter and looked at everything in front of the pair and pulled out a vial "I believe you'll find yourself having quite a bit of fun with this one." Opening it up, she poured the dust into her hand "Though, I wouldn't think twice about it." Kalmia's expression turned from one of skepticism to one of confusion. "What do you...?" Without waiting for the Fairy's reply, she blew the dust so quickly into her face. The effects would take place in just a span of 10 seconds "What might the dust be? Oh, just a little something I crafted myself. Might feel a little woozy." Kalmia pressed a palm to her eye, taken aback. "What did you..?!" She exclaimed with a disgruntled noise, placing her other hand on the counter to brace herself. She quickly reached for the cloak, bag, and vial, shoving her things into the satchel with a snarl. "What was that, witch?"

"As I said, something I crafted myself."
She paused for a moment "Oop, time's up. Better be prepared young one, for a fun adventure." The witch watched as the girl before her had basically fade out of existence from the shop, a grin upon her face.

Kalmia's vision had gone woozy just as the witch said, as well as gone dark without warning. However, she was no longer in the shop, nor was she in Altair all together. In fact, as her vision returned she was falling basically from a tree's height and into the bushes beneath her. It seemed that the dust was a teleportation potion, one that put her right in the forest that lined the beach of Boat 2. With some paying attention to the area around them, there was a high chance they heard something collapse into the brush. Hell, maybe if there was some screaming it'd definitely help others hear.

Goonfire Goonfire Slav Slav StealthyShades StealthyShades Anaxileah Anaxileah Kyuubey Kyuubey Firelie Firelie

Last edited:
cooltext439227989174976.png
Bath Time Bonding
fd2a8269fe74c1003ad4b6fa6a9c55c9.jpg
Picking through the basket of soups, he took a moment to analyze each and every one of them. Some were a basic white color with little to no scent, while others we a variety of light shade colors. He grabbed one which he would describe as light brown. He pulled it in close to his nose and gave it a big sniff. The smell was fairly new and unknown to him, holding a very rich nutty smell. He placed it back into the basic and continued his search of bar soaps, that is until his bestie picked one out for him. Giving her a smile of gratitude, he accepted her suggesting and gave it a big whiff. Now this scent was known to him. His had an opportunity to try out this kind of soap before the first day after those fights. He would describe the scent of the soap as
a flowery one, that was light and refreshing but easy on the nose. A scent like that is regularly known as lavender. "I like this one too. Though I've only used it once, but I was smelling delightful afterwards. Great pick!" He said to her before sniffing the bar soap yet again, until a light flick from Kai grabbed his attention.

Apparently he missed a few details earlier, like Asher already introducing himself. "Oh he did...my baaaad. Well nice to meet you Asher." As the conversations continued on, Toshiro began his bathing process working from top to bottom. He began wetting his hair, rinsing out all the dirt and dried blood from the night prior. He listening to Asher's story as he began the lather process, making sure his hair was nice and soap. He scrubbed hard, digging his nails into his scalp. With each scratch, you could see his face making weird expressions of satisfaction. As Asher's story came to an end, he couldn't help but find it a bit, how would it put it...relatable. "Hmm so you left your village to stretch your legs and see the world. That's somewhat relatable." Finishing his first scrubbing process, he begins rinsing out the soap and repeating the entire washing process once more. "For me, to simply put it, I was traveling when I found out there was an underground fighting ring held by beastmen right here in Altair, so I came here. I made it pretty far too in the ring, until I came across a giant ass snow tiger last night. Dude whooped my ass. But my entire story of why I'm traveling basically resolves around me being given a task of self improvement by my master. He says, I need to learn self restraint and compassion. Whatever that means." As he finished speaking, he duck his head under and rinsed his hair out. Once thoroughly rinsed, he flicked his head back and began washing his body. "What about you Kai? What's your story?"

Last edited:
Luminita Spatafora
Unknown Territory, Northern Shore

Nita proved to be a rather strange individual. In the weeks after she decapitated the undead pirate captain, she said little to the others, instead returning to her silent vigil by the bow of the ship. Her zealous streak had subsided, leaving behind a nigh-catatonic shell of a woman. Perhaps a battle like that was one of the only things that stirred the knightess to act.

Now clad in her armor, she stepped off the boat. This didn't look like the Banished; that was a step in the right direction... but she knew to be careful, as no one ever returned from this godsforsaken continent. "Someone made it here," she muttered as Luca examined the axe he had just unearthed. What were the actual chances such parties were still alive, though? "There could be a river leading inland. A smart person would stay near fresh water."

Logi... poor, naive Logi... So that was the reason this girl risked life and limb to cross the sea. A man. "What about him?" she asked flatly. Clearly, it wasn't her interest to go on a possible wild goose chase. "Tell you what. If, by some miracle, this man is alive and we don't have to jeopardize everything just to save his ass, then sure. Otherwise..." Nita didn't finish that thought, instead drawing her swords when the distant shriek reached her ears.

Interactions: Slav Slav Firelie Firelie
Mentions: Anaxileah Anaxileah

Last edited:
Cecil.png
1686318660534.png
leviohsa leviohsa Grangrule Grangrule (Spoke to/interacted) StealthyShades StealthyShades Tarot of Death Tarot of Death Jackaboi Jackaboi Reanimator Buns Reanimator Buns (around)

Cecil lifted her eyebrow as the small girl asked about the Lioness being a guard for her. Now it wasn't a bad idea, and on top of that the Beastwoman already saw the amount of gold this Fairy had and no doubt would be paid handsomely. Though considering she was trying to escape from the area (or the city all together) this meant if she took the job, she'd be leaving her sister behind. Honestly, she really had to think about it because it wasn't just her that was here. Her family was here hanging out with Stinky. Perhaps if she did become a body guard for this girl, she'd make enough money in the end and she can return with her sister. It didn't take long for the half-demon (That she was straight up ignoring until now) to try to dash off with the money that was held out and she quickly grasped the man by the back of the neck and yanked him back while shoving him to the ground. Her gaze hardened as she stared down at him and rolled her eyes when he tried to flirt, only to end him on the ground by kicking him in the throat. It was enough talking for him.

Crossing her arms, she opened her mouth to speak before Mae got distracted by the fleet of wagons and carriages coming down the road. Cecil moved to the side some but watched as the redhead ran to the carriage with a woman on it, asking about tagging along. Though, it seemed she wasn't paying attention as the girl got farther and farther "She's going to get lost in the city, let alone getting out of it." With a sigh and a shake of her head, she jogged after the girl with her boots thudding against the floor and water splashing from any puddles she stepped into. "You know, you probably shouldn't do that!" Cecil shouted as she grabbed the Fairy by the cloak and prevented her from walking further by yanking her back. "If you're looking to leave, doing so through the most obvious carriage fleet is the worst idea. Especially since they're high targets for bandits and more due to the excessive amount of supplies and whatever the hell else they got." Looking behind and around her, she noticed a normal looking man riding his carriage along not too far behind the fleet "That, is what you want." Without hesitation, she picked up the girl and started to walk the opposite way of the man's carriage.

She walked by the infamous Braze'n'Bold but then dashed with Mae over her shoulder toward the back end of the wagon. With her strength, it was like carrying almost air and the girl alone didn't slow down the Beastwoman. Once she had caught up to the wagon, she got Mae inside and eventually got herself to slip in as well. Bringing her finger to her lips, she showed Mae that this was the way. Sure, the man may be startled but they were doing nothing more than hitch hiking off his carriage. Not like they needed whatever goods he had sitting in the back with them. Also hey, shelter from the rain too. Keeping her voice low, she spoke "You want to escape, but yet you stick yourself out like a sore thumb. If you want a bodyguard, then I surely hope you'll learn from the ways I was taught." Her ears moved with every sound that met her ears, adjusting or twitching in the process. Quietly she moved her way toward the front of the carriage and tried to take a look at the man who was driving Looks like we can fend him off if he's as stubborn as a mule. Though we do need information on where he's going. Biting her lip in thought, she then popped out on the front end with him and took a seat.

"Sorry, not sorry to spook you." Cecil said as she stared ahead, looking as casual as she could "Listen, hope you don't mind but my friend and I need a ride out of here and you just happened to seem like the perfect candidate. I'll pay you for your kindness if you're generous enough to let us hang out in the back of the carriage. If I may ask, where might you be heading to with your supplies?"

MATHEUS KLEIN CLEARHART

Matheus Startled.jpg

Even in the searing heat or in heavy rain, a merchant’s business must go on…unless a calamity strikes, Matheus resolves himself again hoping nothing weird happen this time around. A week ago he had to deal with two bandits, thankfully they were lightly armed and there was no trouble escaping, and just three days ago, some bratty kids tampered with the potions in his caravan, it was a relief to him that no one was harmed since it was nothing more but a common ingredient that he liquified for later use. With that in mind, Matheus prays for a peaceful trip to Astrine so he can stock up and maybe meet his mentor on the way.

Matheus with his roofed wagon entered a bustling street full of carriages of some noble families as well as seemingly normal caravans, here’s hoping he won’t get into any trouble, as he continued to traverse the sea of caravans, Matheus has neither a hint of realization that a mercenary beastwoman and a fae alchemist has already sneaked into his humble merchant wagon, as Matheus glanced beside his front seat, ensuring the horse is traversing the correct path with the right pace, it appears he is face to face with the beastwoman, Matheus was indeed startled letting out a yelp and his wagon came to a halt but he was too worn out from the busy street, so exhausted that he just let out a big sigh after he was given a surprise. This individual just nonchalantly got into the driver’s seat like she owns the ride but thankfully, she doesn’t seem to have any malevolent intentions, “Please do not startle me like that, I’d rather not end up dead in an accident and have my dead face in the front page of the Altair Papers” he whined, before he was able to reply a man shouted behind his wagon “Hey! Get a move on already!” an old merchant yelled before Matheus hurriedly continued the pace “I hope you did not break anything back there, some of these mixtures can be very…very dangerous and fragile” Matheus resumed the conversation as the wagon hurries out the capital.

Matheus stared at both the fae and the beastwoman with a hint of suspicion, he was reminded of his duel against a beastwoman who utilized an unusual Red Magic and a Fae who can break weapons and armor in one of the events that he was coerced to participate during the Nature’s Exchange Festival back in Astrine, while he won the matches as a result of his cautious preparation and constant yet unnecessary analysis of his opponent, one of the lessons he learned was that to never mess with the beastfolk and faes especially the one he is faced with who easily snuck into his wagon and witnessing his fae mentor's true power. He let out another sigh and said “Look, although I am a merchant and this is a wagon full of my products, I really don’t mind you two hopping on for a ride as long as you pay me the right amount” he made sure to convey to them that, this is not a service that he usually offers but Matheus considers it as long as he receives fair payment “My route is all the way to Astrine, decide before we reach the main road outside the capital” he added before he had an idea "Oh right! One more thing, if you buy two of any potions that I sell, then I consider it as payment” he offered another proposition that also allow him to sell his products at the same time, some merchants might see this as shameless but Matheus’ dignity was long gone after the experiences he had in the academy.

( Britt-21 Britt-21 leviohsa leviohsa ) Main interaction
( StealthyShades StealthyShades Tarot of Death Tarot of Death Reanimator Buns Reanimator Buns Jackaboi Jackaboi ) Within the vicinity

Last edited:
maeve thistlebottom
On the Road
Merchant's Carriage
prideful
pls refer to photo
interactions

Britt-21 Britt-21 & Grangrule Grangrule
Well, Maeve certainly wasn't expecting to be thrown over a person's shoulder twice in one day, but, there she was, tossed over Cecil's shoulder like chopped liver as Cecil ran to catch up with the carriage she found to be more 'suitable'.

"But that carriage had GUARDS!" She whined upon deaf ears, knowing that the beast-woman was not going to budge on this idea that she had. It didn't take long for the pair to reach the wagon, Maeve finally back on her two feet as Cecil quickly joined her. Whilst Cecil strategized and settled herself into the carriage, Maeve looked around. There were plenty of potion bottles of all shapes, colors, and sizes. Plenty she recognized, having made a lot of these brews before. Her distracted gaze was brought back to Cecil as soon as she spoke up,

"You want to escape, yet you stick yourself out like a sore thumb.." Ouch. She was right, but it didn't feel so good hearing it from the much taller woman. Before Maeve could respond with some kind of rebuttal, Cecil continued, "If you want a bodyguard, then I surely hope you'll learn from the ways I was taught." The redhead could only huff quietly, already tiring of being scolded like a child. However, her sounds were mostly stifled by the sounds of glass bottles clinking within their bound shelves within the back of the carriage. Purple eyes watched as Cecil began to think. Was she actually going to talk to the man up front? Why not just hang out back here and leave when they were sure they were out of town?

Whatever ideas Maeve had, they no longer mattered. Cecil took no time to peek out to the front of the carriage, making herself at home with the merchant. Maeve quickly followed behind her, staying quiet like she was instructed to whilst sitting in between the two. It was a bit of a tight fit, and slightly uncomfortable due to how damp her cloak had become from all the rain outside.

Maeve listened as the merchant reacted to their abrupt entrance, thankful for his rather uneventful reaction. He was merely an exasperated merchant who seemed to be more than ready to leave the city of Altaire.

That made two of them.

Maeve continued to listen to the dark-haired merchant, grateful that he was willing to do this favor for them. Especially since she knew that this merchant specifically sold potions. She could easily sell him potions in the future, and they'd surely be better than the stuff he buys!

"Oh, I'd be happy to buy some potions! I am a bit of an alchemist myself, so I'd love to compare recipes." The fae excitedly rambled, "Not to brag, but, I'm pretty good at the trade, myself. Maybe as a repayment, I can gift you a few of my best sellers! They'd blow you away, especially if those are the best you've got." A smug smile lifted her previously solemn features, her head nodding behind her to refer to his stock in the back. The fae was likely already telling what could be too many details about herself, but, who cares? It's not like this random, tired, merchant knew anything about her. If he did, wouldn't he have said something by now? The reasoning seemed simple enough, so Maeve was certain that Cecil wouldn't mind that she spoke up in the conversation.
coded by natasha.

Well, Maeve certainly wasn't expecting to be thrown over a person's shoulder twice in one day, but, there she was, tossed over Cecil's shoulder like chopped liver as Cecil ran to catch up with the carriage she found to be more 'suitable'.

"But that carriage had GUARDS!" She whined upon deaf ears, knowing that the beast-woman was not going to budge on this idea that she had. It didn't take long for the pair to reach the wagon, Maeve finally back on her two feet as Cecil quickly joined her. Whilst Cecil strategized and settled herself into the carriage, Maeve looked around. There were plenty of potion bottles of all shapes, colors, and sizes. Plenty she recognized, having made a lot of these brews before. Her distracted gaze was brought back to Cecil as soon as she spoke up,

"You want to escape, yet you stick yourself out like a sore thumb.." Ouch. She was right, but it didn't feel so good hearing it from the much taller woman. Before Maeve could respond with some kind of rebuttal, Cecil continued, "If you want a bodyguard, then I surely hope you'll learn from the ways I was taught." The redhead could only huff quietly, already tiring of being scolded like a child. Purple eyes watched as Cecil began to think. Was she actually going to talk to the man up front? Why not just hang out back here and leave when they were sure they were out of town?

Whatever ideas Maeve had, they no longer mattered. Cecil took no time to peek out to the front of the carriage, making herself at home with the merchant. Maeve quickly followed behind her, staying quiet like she was instructed to. Pointed ears perked up at the sight of a seemingly friendly stranger. An exasperated merchant who seemed to be more than ready to leave the city of Altaire.

That made two of them.

Maeve continued to listen to the merchant, grateful that he was willing to do this favor for them. Especially once she discovered that this merchant specifically sold potions. She could easily sell him potions in the future, and they'd surely be better than the stuff he buys!

"Oh, I'd be happy to buy some potions! I am a bit of an alchemist myself, so I'd love to compare recipes." The fae excitedly rambled, "Not to brag, but, I'm pretty good at the trade, myself. Maybe as a repayment, I can gift you a few of my best sellers!" A smug smile lifted her previously solemn features, already telling what could be too many details about herself. Who cares? It's not like this random, tired, merchant knew anything about her. If he did, wouldn't he have said something by now? The reasoning seemed simple enough, so Maeve was certain that Cecil wouldn't mind that she spoke up in the conversation.

Last edited:
1680449175263.png
Let the Adventure Begin

f5b340fbe979b1f61cf0e3ed1a3c5fa0.jpg
After a long two months, their ship has finally arrived at the southern side of the "Unknown Territory". The voyage here was one for the textbooks, especially with an unexpected encounter with a Kraken, leaving the ships Captain injured. An injury her bodyguard felt at fault of and had to come to terms with on his own. During Nesta's recovery process, he spent most if not entirely of his time beside her aiding in whatever ways he could. And of course she took advantage of her injured situation asking for Nasir's ad for any and everything. Let alone her bragging about saving him instead of the other way around. She often declared that he was at not fault and should be at bit more at ease of the situation. The way she sees it, she now considered them more as a team than simply just a bodyguard and a princess. And slowly but surely Nasir too came to that realization. These two would need to work together along with whomever they trust in order to survive this adventure.

With the crew under going their docking procedures, he stood near the helm with Scarf on his shoulders, looking over everything and giving orders to members of the crew. He gave a few members orders to setup camp near shore once they secured the area. He knew that the crew were restless and ready to get off the ship to stretch their legs. Who could blame em right. Looking off the ship, Nasir looked at the territory they were moments away from exploring, and he began wondering about all the possibilities that lies within this very island. From first glance the island itself seemed to have a dense forest leading to a mountain range further in the distance. He began wondering about the variety of life this place may hold and how their arrival messes with the whole ecosystem. He peered off the side of the ship as he started heading for the brow, and he noticed a few of the others who took the job have already began exploring and stretching their legs. "Yo Ciaran!" He called out. "I can trust you can deviate which plant life if beneficial and which is bad correct?" He asked walking down the brow. "We don't need anyone dying because they decided to eat some random berries." That was intended to be a joke, but he definitely held some concern about the matter. He looked up at the sky, seeing the sun was right above them, meaning it was around noonish. "By the way, your idea doesn't sound half bad. I think it'll be wise to stock up on supplies while we still have daylight. Explore a bit and get an understanding of our surrounds. Maybe also figure out what's friend and what's foe here. There's no telling what we'll run into."

Rhada Sybille
Altair, City Streets

As the caravan slowly passed through the streets, Rhada kept her carriage's window open. She was lost in thought, so she gasped and recoiled in surprise when a complete stranger rushed up to her. Who was this girl, and why did she insist on joining them?

"Watch out, lady!" the guard of the rear wagon shouted. He was right in doing so; coming so close to a moving carriage, one ran the risk of making one slip-up and getting their feet smashed under a wheel.

Before the guild master could answer, another woman dragged her away. Judging by the fact the red-headed girl wasn't struggling or screaming, this wasn't a kidnapping or a murder. Still, this whole situation seemed odd to Rhada. She leaned her head out the window to see where they went, only to realize they were hopping into another man's wagon not far behind! "These are strange times," she muttered to herself, resting her hand on the pistol in her bag. What if they were some kind of robbers or hijackers? Hmm... Nonsense. The one with cat ears seemed tough, but the smaller one looked like she couldn't fight her way out of a wet paper sack.

The vehicle tailing them didn't seem to deviate. Perhaps they were also leaving the city. In this small world, they were probably even headed in the same direction.

Mentions: leviohsa leviohsa Britt-21 Britt-21 Grangrule Grangrule

≛ Alix Dupont
『 TAGGED 』Interactions: Britt-21 Britt-21CasualTea Mentions:
Alix turned his attention to Elora, who had brought him his cider. He didn't say a word, taking a few gulps from the mug. After he wiped his face of the froth, he began to devour his food, tuning out the world around him. If you didn't see his stature, you'd think he was a glutton. He didn't notice Rohen approaching him, continuing to devour his food in peace. So when Alix's food was flung onto him, it came at a total surprise. "What the fuck!"

He stood up, the food sliding down onto the floor. The food had made a complete mess of himself and the floor. His gaze darted towards the perpatrator, his face slowly turning to that of anger. Drunk or not, you can't just ruin his meal. "Watch where you're going! That food was the only thing I was going to eat today." His face turned to a tint of red, embarrassed by the fact he was covered in food and angry at the girl. His clenched fists soon found the table as he slammed them down, his fit of anger not over yet. He grinded his teeth as he marched over to Rohen, cider in hand.

"If you're so drunk, maybe this will wake you up!" Alix flung the contents of his mug into the face of Rohen, slamming the empty mug down after the deed was done. He crossed his arms, malcontent written all over his face. He wanted to enjoy his cider too, but he thought this would be a better use for it. He wasn't going to have some drunk make a fool of him. If she was going to ruin his day, he was going to ruin hers.
code by @Nano

Logi Laeblom

Logi stuck a tongue out silently at Luca from behind his back. "Are ye's aw thinkin' ah'm stoopid?" Logi scoffed, exaggerating her discontent with a dramatic upturn of the head. "Ah've gottae plan. A' that chynges is ah dinnae 'ave tae pay ye lot. 'Cept mebbe Rina." She plopped backwards, lying on the warm sand, smoky pupils finding Rina. A smile found its way upon Logis face. "Since ye were at least nice." The fairy took a moment to push her arms above her and stretch, letting out a satisfied groan. It was nice to be off boats for- hopefully, a long time. She took just a moment more, taking in the warm sunlight and feeling the warm ground beneath her. Work had to be done though, and Logi sprung up into a standing position with surprising speed clapping her hands together.

"Now then!" Logi looked upward to the sun, squinting at the bright ball of light. "Nine 'O clock, Laddies n Lassies! We've 'alf a day tae werk. We've got bit ae' food n water, a fair amount o' map paper, campin gear, and Ah've got hauf a vial o' midge repellant fer anyone who asks nicely." Logi brushed herself off and flitted up beside stick in the mud, examining Luca's found prize. She slipped deftly under his arm and snatched it from his grasp. She flew a few paces in front of him, being sure to be just out of reach, examining the rusted tool. "Guid find! We're not alone- spookay shite." She turned to Luca, loading up a snarky remark, when she caught a faint rumbling from a nearby bush. In an observable moment, Logi's demeanor transformed. Red tinted fingertips sped to the hilt of her dagger, shoulders tensed, and her head snapped as Logi searched for the source of the noise. She let out a low whistle to alert the group. "Coampany, tae the left. Wid be the owner o' oor wee tool 'ere. I 'ear one. So far." Logi tightened her grip on her knife, grey eyes scanning the horizon for any sign of an ambush.

Logi stuck a tongue out silently at Luca from behind his back. "Are you all thinking I'm stupid?" Logi scoffed, exaggerating her discontent with a dramatic upturn of the head. "I've got a plan. All that changes is I don't have to pay you lot. Except maybe Rina." She plopped backwards, lying on the warm sand, smoky pupils finding Rina. A smile found its way upon Logis face. "Since you were at least nice." The fairy took a moment to push her arms above her and stretch, letting out a satisfied groan. It was nice to be off boats for- hopefully, a long time. She took just a moment more, taking in the warm sunlight and feeling the warm ground beneath her. Work had to be done though, and Logi sprung up into a standing position with surprising speed clapping her hands together.

"Now then!" Logi looked upward to the sun, squinting at the bright ball of light. "Nine 'O clock, boys and girls! We've half a day to work. We've got bit of food and water, a fair amount of map paper, camping gear, and I've got half a vial of bug repellant for anyone who asks nicely." Logi brushed herself off and flitted up beside stick in the mud, examining Luca's found prize. She slipped deftly under his arm and snatched it from his grasp. She flew a few paces in front of him, being sure to be just out of reach, examining the rusted tool. "Good find! We're not alone- spooky shit." She turned to Luca, loading up a snarky remark, when she caught a faint rumbling from a nearby bush. In an observable moment, Logi's demeanor transformed. Red tinted fingertips sped to the hilt of her dagger, shoulders tensed, and her head snapped as Logi searched for the source of the noise. She let out a low whistle to alert the group. "Company, to the left. Could be the owner of our little tool here. I hear one. So far." Logi tightened her grip on her knife, grey eyes scanning the horizon for any sign of an ambush.

Mentions: Britt-21 Britt-21 StealthyShades StealthyShades Slav Slav Anaxileah Anaxileah Kyuubey Kyuubey Goonfire Goonfire

Cecil.png
1686709284281.png
Grangrule Grangrule leviohsa leviohsa

Cecil only grinned when the man yelped, glad that she had some sort of scare factor to her. "Nah, we didn't break anything back there. I wouldn't just toss her in the back like a bag of potatoes." The Beastwoman scooted over a bit since Mae decided to join the party up front. "Astrine? Sounds pretty safe to me. Gotta make it through that enchanted forest, not like it's a joy ride." Her eyes shifted down to Mae "You'll be safe there. Doubtful anyone would try to hunt you down there since its basically suicide if you're not careful enough. Especially with the Guardian of that forest roaming around." Looking back towards the man who directed the carriage, she nodded and basically agreed with Mae "What the little one said. Not only do you now have two companions, but now you got two frequent customers and maybe a potion cooker with you." Cecil patted Mae's shoulder as she scanned around, making sure no one had been specifically eying the carriage. At this point she may have to write a letter out for Ki to let her know she got a job as a body guard.

As much as I don't want to leave her here alone... A job is a job, it's a way to keep us rolling. But I did want to check up on her because of how she acted...Hell this is rough. I could have said no to this, but if I did, where would have this little fairy end up? She almost gave up majority of her money bag so carelessly... Family matters too. I'm not sure where exactly she had gone, so perhaps a letter would be my best bet. The tip of her tail lightly tapped the seat in thought, shaking her head "Anyways, I'm here to keep this one safe. I guess at this point I'd be keeping you safe too since you're our ride." Those light colored eyes landed on the carriages in front of her, those that were highly guarded Despite that being guarded, I find it better to be here. At least at most we'd be attacked by garbage bandits that don't know how to fight a Beastwoman.

"Hey, do you got any parchment and something to write with? I gotta send a note out to somebody before we fully leave the city." Cecil looked back at Mae "Also, I do suggest maybe hiding in the back. But you do you in this case, after all I did agree to protect you." At this point she was obligated to assist and protect as agreed upon. Though her gaze shifted back to the man and waited patiently for his reply.​

MATHEUS KLEIN CLEARHART
Xu Shu Normal.png

It was a relief for Matheus to hear that his potions are safe and no trouble has befallen unto his wagon yet. The fae girl began to speak after the beastwoman’s reassurance, the green-cloaked merchant chuckled “I look forward to your potions then, I’ll warn you I’m a fairly strict critic when it comes to potions” he replied, he slightly looked at her hand and saw healed cuts and burns, she is indeed an alchemist as she said she was he thought but we can only see how good her mixtures are in practice.

“It will be a great honor to do business with both of you, especially the young alchemist, I never had anyone to compare my creations except for my mentor” he added before he caught the eye of a guard on a well-guarded wagon in front of his. Matheus noticed the suspicious look the guard had before continuing its duty, surely the guard must be dubious of these two sneaky newcomers into Matheus’ wagon, he further analyzed the insignia the carriage has and was only familiar of the guild. That’s the emblem of the Enchanter’s Guild in Altair, it is a well-known and influential guild that are also professional in both crafting and manufacturing items, but that seems to be only Matheus’ knowledge regarding the guild, Matheus only hopes to not get into trouble with the guild and plans to pick up his speed to pass the carriage once they are out of the capital.

Matheus started to notice the worried look on the beastwoman before she asked him for writing materials “The seat on my left near me, there’s a drawer down there with writing materials, don’t mind the written recipes I sticked there” he replied before his eyes widened for a second as he finally realized what he said, his wagon is specially made to have drawers beneath the seats to storage more mixtures which he hid as he also does not only deal with potions but poisons as well, such carelessness will cost him soon but they seem to be good people and curiosity won’t get the better of them, with the way she talks to the seemingly timid fae, she’s a very caring individual for a mercenary. "My name is Matheus, Matheus Klein Clearhart" he introduced himself before he began to tell them of the rumors on the way to Astrine “Have you heard the rumors in Astrine? They say treants are going feral and a selection of flora have become hostile, attacking travelers even in the main road” Matheus became curious about this rumor and now aware of the dangers of the enchanted forest “I can take you through the enchanted forest since I know my way in there, I was a student in the academy in Astrine after all” adding the fact that he is also worried about these two “And besides, I’m also curious of the condition of the forest now that I think about it” he added as an excuse to go through the forest himself including the fact that he needs to report to his mentor the unusual details he heard about this incident, the forest guardian should be keeping it in check but something must have happened for this incident to get worse.

( Britt-21 Britt-21 leviohsa leviohsa ) Main Interaction
( Goonfire Goonfire ) Within the vicinity

Last edited:
Tick Tock...FLINTLOCK!!!
Zenoulis Silvercraw
The beast woman and fairy left the group seeking a ride; the pirate stood there on the ground coughing up blood from his well-deserved kicking. Was it a lesson that he was going to learn from? Probably not, but did delay his goal absolutely. If he was going to get something from these assholes, he would have to play it nice. And when that little alchemist is away from her new feline friend he will go for the kill. He wasn't much of an assassin; he was a sailor. As he saw Cecile and Maeve jump into a young man's carriage he knew his next target. That bitch is going to pay for messing up my damn singing voice.

As he was trying to get to his feet he only got to a kneeling position until he heard The lovely half-demon woman’s voice again. "If you try to kiss me again I'll flood your sinuses with ink." He watched as she knelt down beside him holding a handkerchief and began to clean him off from all the mud that slowly crept up from all the dust in the cracks within the cobblestone. Is she being nice to me? this is uhh… change of pace. "Ugh... When was the last time you bathed?" He actually had to think about that for a second. When was the last time he had a proper bath? “Well I was stranded in the middle of the ocean for weeks on a Lifeboat. On top of another 6 months for my voyage. So the answer to your question baby doll is: a long time.” Why was she being nice to him? He could not understand why from his birth he has always been treated like shit. He was forced to leave his mother. This is probably the first time that he has seen a woman treat him like an equal.

Even though she was the same race as him she had way more class then this sailor. “I take it, this isn't a situation you are unfamiliar with?" He snaps out of the trance that she had him in once more. “What gives you that idea? I'm not all that bad.” He says as he has flashback after flashback of him doing things that only a scumbag pirates would do just for a couple gold coins.

The clinking of multiple sets of armor could be heard from down the streets. A group of fully armored knights ran in Zel’s direction. He had to blend in quick. The grabbed a cloak from a merchant’s cart and threw it on. He covered his horns with the hood of the cloak and faded into the crowd. As the Knight got closer to him He overheard them saying they were looking for a demon. WAIT! They don't know it’s me. They are just looking for a half-demon. He was about to leave the area if it wasn't for him hearing the knights yelling out that they found a demon. The pirate turned and saw that knight surrounding Anise. Better her than me. I don't need that attention. He tried to walk away but he started to feel the bear pinch his neck again, but the beast wasn't behind him. What is this guilt? He didn't want to save her but he felt like he had to. Zel came out of the crowd and cut down the first two guards, head butted the last one and finished him off with his flintlock. “Don't thank me… just run, there will be more.”
Code By Nano

≛ Alix Dupont
『 TAGGED 』Interactions: CasualTea Mentions:
"I treat women like ladies when they act like one." Alix crossed his arms, a frown remaining on his face. If she expected him to treat her like a princess, she was out of her mind. Alix's face remained unchanged as Rohen continued to fling insults at him. After studying her attire for a few moments, he could tell that she probably traveled like him, except her work was most likely a little more violent than his. Even though he was agitated, he wasn't going to fight the lady. He wasn't a fighter, in fact, he didn't like fighting. That lifestyle was unappealing to him, violence always seemed so unnecessary. He slowly settled down, feeling the anger fade away, the sea of disappointment arriving.

Alix watched Rohen purchase the food, his stomach growling from the lack of grub he's had. From the way she was eating it, it wasn't hard to guess she wasn't going to share. "You're no fun. I've seen plenty of your types come and go through this city, you're nothing special." He said, taking a seat at the counter. He wasn't lying about seeing many of her types. Altair was filled with people itching for a fight, taking any job that pays well. She wasn't much different from him, they were just in a different line of work. Having nothing to drink or eat, Alix just fiddled with his thumbs, nothing to capture his attention anymore. He was bummed out about the wasted meal, he hadn't planned on spending anymore coin today but he may have to.

His gaze landed on Rohen, his mouth opening as he had a few more thoughts on his mind. "I can tell you're not from around here. I frequent many of these taverns and I don't think I've seen your face before. So what brings you here? Surely it isn't that loaf of bread? There are better places to get bread than in a place like this." This women intrigued Alix on a few levels. Despite her throwing the food onto his clothes, he couldn't help but peer at the stranger with curiosity. While travelers weren't an unusual occurrence, travelers that were as daunting as her were unusual. Usually if you plan to get some work, it wouldn't be best to start some ruckus for the sake of it. Whether she wanted to indulge in conversation was another matter but he thought he'd give it a shot.
code by @Nano

maeve thistlebottom
On the Road
Merchant's Carriage
exhausted
pls refer to photo
interactions

Britt-21 Britt-21 & Grangrule Grangrule
Maeve was thrilled to have a sort of challenge in regard to potion-making. Having no formal schooling in the art of alchemy, the young fae always enjoyed watching the look of shock on a formally trained protégé when she proved her skill. What she wasn't ecstatic for, was the idea of sitting in back. It was dark in there! No light, windows, nothing. Not to mention, she'd miss out on fun road trip conversations, and that simply wouldn't do.

As soon as she was about to interject with a rebuttal, the terrible memory of the night before crept into her head like an incessant parasite. The sight of her life's work, burned to a pile of ash. Clouds of smoke paired with the sound of cackling and hollering, resembling wild coyotes. The memory made her stomach turn, her previously energetic disposition replaced with one of dread. This sudden onslaught of negative memories and emotions caused her to nearly miss the discourse about her homeland.

"I'm curious of the forest now that I think about it." Ah, home. It had been many years since she had been away from the city, let alone back to where she grew up.

"I too am curious. From the sounds of it, the Guardian may have run into someone who took advantage of his kindness.. From what I remember, he was a very sweet creature. So this news is quite odd.." Her brows furrowed in wonder, although she decided not to think on it for long, since her head began to ache from the lack of sleep. Maeve was already well past being up for over 24 hours, and it was beginning to take a toll on her.

"If either of you need me, I think I'll rest my eyes in the back.." She turned to Cecil with a tired smile before looking back over at the merchant, "And thank you again sir, for your kindness." With that, she deftly crawled back into the dark storage area, where only the sound of glass bottles rattling could be heard. The sounds were comforting in an odd way, especially when paired with the muffled sound of conversation happening in the front of the carriage.

Maeve didn't take long at all to unbutton the damp cloak she had worn, folding it up strategically into a perfectly sized pillow. Within minutes, the fairy was laying on the floor, her head on her 'pillow', and her eyes shut.

Maybe she could finally wake up from this nightmare.
coded by natasha.

Val.png
1687663626578.png
leviohsa leviohsa Slav Slav Goonfire Goonfire Thropian Thropian Kyuubey Kyuubey The Elder The Elder

Val looked over the side of the ship, noticing Kash warning the others about some...Haunting lights? To be careful of the maws? Did she already catch sight of something dangerous? If that was the case, it would have come after some that are on the beach already, right? The Fairy thought while helping bring everything off the boat. Once finished, she put her hands on her hips and looked both up and down of the beach. It looked nice and fairly normal, but surely everything on the inner parts of this large land would be everything but the same back at home. Shortly after her view, Nasir spoke up and she couldn't help but reply to the merman "Well, Nasir, you got two well known foragers so if one misses something, you got the other!" A smile tugged her lips as she gave him a thumbs up "We got everyone's back." Maybe she should head over to Ci just to see if they can get started on their investigations on the plants. Taking her one hand, she cupped her chin in thought before calling out to both Kash and Ci "Hey Ci! Kash! Why don't all three of us go on a foraging adventure? Think we can handle going into the forest a little bit to find anything?"

The quicker we start foraging, the quicker we can test what's what and make sure everyone is safe before dark. What plants cause bad side effects, which are poisonous. There was going to be a lot of experimentation between herself and Ci. But Val was more than prepared to figure out what these new plants did. Maybe while everyone was being cautious, she could just waltz on in. "C'mon guys if there's dangers in here we can fend them off. We fought a Kraken for crying out loud and made it!" The fairy began to walk by the pair that were being cautious, while keeping her guard, she continued confidently.​

Cecil.png

1687664938235.png

Grangrule Grangrule leviohsa leviohsa

Cecil nodded and took note of where the supplies were to begin her note. Though she was going to let some time pass before she wrote a note out to the inn to let her sister what job she'd taken up. "Don't worry, I have no use for your little instructions on your potions." The Lioness kind of waved her hand dismissively while both Mae and Matheus conversed about Astrine and the enchanted forest Sounds like someone pissed off the wrong forest and now it needs some remedy to become balanced again. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone who specialized in Green Magic would be trying to take care of that issue. "Despite those rumors -and possible facts- we should get through just fine. As long as we're alert while going through and avoid anything that could attack us. But in that forsaken forest, anything and everything can hurt you. Guess we'd never sleep at that point quite honestly." Mae soon went to the back to take some shut eye, which also allowed her to not be in any view of any eyes.

Speaking of, her own silver-like hues looked around, scanning anything that could stand out to her. Any wondering eyes that could be eyeing the carriage "Don't be surprised if you find us being stalked." Said Cecil while her ears moved with every sound despite it being busy on the road currently "If you see something that I don't happen to catch for some odd reason, you let me know." Of course she was going to leave it at that till Mae would release any details that could also give the pair good info on what the hell was going on. Cecil then carefully reached for the drawer on the left side of Matheus and grabbed not only a blank page, but also something to write with. Upon inspecting to make sure it was a blank page, she then began to write the letter on her lap, occasionally looking around to keep guard "How good are you when it comes to fighting, Potion Guy? Enough to get by and protect your goods?" The beastwoman side-eyed him, pausing a moment to hear his response though resuming her writing while he spoke with her.

Anise Paige

StealthyShades StealthyShades

Anise was about to comment on the man, when the commotion of plate-mailed foot steps filled the streets. Murmurs and demands of a "demon" could be heard. "You should get go-" The brute was gone... Anise was stunned for a moment, as the realization of what had just occured dawned on her. "Why that slimy, disgusting bastard!" At that point the guards had begun surrounding her. At that comment the head guard gruffly cleared his voice. "Oh don't worry, I have worse things to say about you." Of course, the guard was already not having it with any more demon blooded monstrosities in his city. He stepped forward and loomed over her. He stood at good head and a half taller than her. "Are you trying to imply anything you might regret?"

Anise was not about to be intimidated by this man. "No, I'm not implying anything. I'm stating, that you and your compatriots are a crowd of class-traitors who's sole purpose is to eliminate and eradicate any 'undesirables' while lining your lord's pockets, and would be more valuable to society eating slop from a trough than protecting the status quo!" Anise started on a completely different train of thought, her interaction with her, admittedly shady, kin had brought back a plethora of criticisms she had for "polite" society that Mr. Cramperknap had shared as well.

As the confrontation escalated, the guard gripped the neck of her dress, and lifted her off the ground to see eye to eye. Anise was still unconcerned. "Want to repeat that to my face?" Other guards surrounded them as one took a pair of manacles and started holding her hands behind her back. Anise said nothing, instead giving a long and loud snort, before spitting at the guard. The strange thing was the dark, inky nature of this spittle, acting more akin to the ink of an octopus. The guard, suddenly blinded let her go. Anise was more than ready to deter her assailants, but was suddenly "rescued" by the same man who had abandoned her moments before. As she was dragged away from the scene quite quickly.

As she was dragged along, she had some intense things to say. "Are you mad! While I agree with the sentiment, the charge for resisting arrest is not worthy of a bounty, but murder is!" Oh Mr. Cramperknap would get a kick out of this, that's for sure.

Last edited:
MATHEUS KLEIN CLEARHART

1687804257170.jpegWith Matheus and his own safety reassured as well as his products from the words of Cecil and the gratitude from Maeve made him smile “Don’t mention it” he replied to Maeve before she fell asleep. With the information Cecil mentioned, the path to Astrine will surely be a one filled with thorns, metaphorically and literally “I can at least assure that there are some safe spots that I am aware of, however, that may change since the unpredictable behavior of the forest denizens” the forest does have some places that are safe but only under normal circumstances, if push comes to shove, he may have to break into the academy's forest entrance, that is if Astrine has closed its gates, Matheus as well as his two passengers has to hurry before it’s too late. After hearing about some people that are stalking them or assuming the worst, hunting them down, he just chuckled hoping it's a joke, with fear in his tone, he answered "Don't say scary things like that, I'm already fearing for my life too, you know".

“Hey, uhh…I haven’t known both of your names yet but that young girl will get a cold if she sleeps like that” concerned of the young fae’s well-being especially when she took a quick nap in a dark and cold storage, Matheus changed the subject and advises Cecil, pointing to another hidden drawer on the right seat “There should be another set of sleeping mat with a blanket there, I only have one for guests sadly” Matheus was indeed ready for passengers but was not prepared for an additional third. “I would offer you mine but, I don’t think you would want to sleep in an old guy’s sleeping mat now would you?” Matheus joked before he focused back on driving the caravan, speeding up and passes the carriage of the Enchanter’s Guild. Slowing down when the gate is finally on sight, the mercenary questioned whether he can fight or not to which he replied “If you give me some prep time, maybe I can” Matheus has learned some minor sword arts and more defensive-oriented techniques from his mentor but Matheus way of combat always involved potions and poisons, a variety if the situation calls for it “However, I would rather avoid a fight if possible” he added as using his own form of income and main resource for combat may lead to wasteful use of his creations, though he mentioned needing time to prepare, he has always been prepared, even now. As they approach the front gate, an inspection will be expected “Alright, let's act properly here, have the fae sleep on the seat so it does not look like a kidnapping or else I’ll be spending some time behind bars if my explanations are off and taken differently” Matheus awkwardly laughed as he suggests to Cecil before slowing down to give them some time before the exit inspection, he did not bring suspicious mixtures this time around since he has already sold them out, even if they checked the hidden drawers, there shouldn’t be anything illegal or dangerous, still, here's hoping that the inspection is nothing more but a simple light check-up on his wagon.

( Goonfire Goonfire ) Within the vicinity

≛ Alix Dupont
『 TAGGED 』Interactions: CasualTea Mentions:
Alix looked at the pile of coins, tempted to leave them. The woman had just insulted and made fun of him earlier; accepting it would be accepting defeat. Luckily, Alix had no pride, happily accepting the coins to purchase himself some bread as well. He listened to Rohen as he watched the bread be brought to him, grabbing it the moment it was left there for him. His canines ripped a piece out, devouring it as he turned his attention back to Rohen. His red gaze never wavered as he have her his undivided attention as she spoke.

She didn't really give him any intricate details and he really didn't expect her to. They were still strangers after all, pouring out private information would be a bit weird at this stage. He savagely ripped another piece off as he pondered about this stranger. "Hmmm..." Alix stroked his chin, trying to find the right words. "Sounds awful. I used to travel around like you but I returned to this city for good and I've been happier ever since." While he enjoyed traveling in the past those joys slowly dwindled, becoming homesick as the distance from Altair grew. He felt bad for the stranger, no real friends and no real place to call home. Even after her whole ordeal, he couldn't hate the person next to him.

It didn't take Alix long to finish his food, wiping the crumbs off his hands. Despite her earlier actions, he didn't want her generosity to go unpaid. "Is this meal free or do you require services?" Alix made it clear what he meant. Even though he was a bard, he was used to going the extra mile to make ends meet, even if it wasn't in his best interest. Before he proceeded any further, he thought he'd give her his name. "Oh! My name is Alix. I would have introduced myself earlier but my anger was trying to get the best of me." Bit by bit she was becoming less of a stranger to him and that made talking to her easier. He liked to learn a lot about people, even if it was for a short amount of time.
code by @Nano

Rina.png
1687820211205.png
Slav Slav Goonfire Goonfire Firelie Firelie StealthyShades StealthyShades Kyuubey Kyuubey Anaxileah Anaxileah

Rina could tell even Nita didn't like the idea as her words seemed to fall off. In fact, those pointy ears of the Dwelf's had picked up a sound of a shriek and some shuffling. Turning towards the direction, she decided it would be best to figure out the whole "Logi Adventure" later on once they figured out their current situation. While everyone else was seemingly taking the more cautious route in the matter, Rina chose to be the most daring one of them all. With full confidence and her trusty hammer above her head, she was ready to smash a creature into pieces. While the brush around her thinned out some, she was catching sight of some pale skin and without warning she skid to a stop with full intention to smash the thing up. Luckily with her control and quick glance, she was able to stop the hammer not too far from probably the person's more important pieces of the body like the abdomen. Ruby red eyes widened as she took a look at the girl, noticing that she was definitely not a out-of-world creature or unknown to the races in the group.

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion and looked up at the sky and then back down at her while pulling the hammer back. "Who are you?" Rina asked, her voice more in the woman's head than in her actual ears. However her mouth continued to move as if she spoke. "Where in the hell did you come from? You look like you're from the main land back home." Looking around, she wondered if the others were going to follow along. Surely after being so reckless, they'd wanna make sure that she was alive...Right? There was also that thought in the back of her head if there were others. Looking back down at the girl, she reached her hand out to her to assist her in getting not only out of the bush but also onto her feet. Is she an adventurer too?

Cecil.png

1687829897895.png
leviohsa leviohsa Grangrule Grangrule

Cecil could assure that she was not joking, however by his laugh he thought she had been. Later on he'd be in for a surprise and he'll realize he's a victim just like Mae is. "Well no need to fear for it. Got me on your side. Had my sister been here too, you would have been golden in safety." Cecil continued to write, listening to him mention about a sleeping mat with a blanket but only had the amount of one. Of course she'd let Mae have it considering she was her boss at this point and she comes first. "I'd be fine without one, don't worry about me, I've survived worse." Of course, the only thing that came to mind was how her sister and herself just barely escaped the claws of those wretched creatures that came from the banished to maul them. Luckily they had made it though her parent's did not. The Beastwoman came back to reality as he replied to her fighting question, to which she almost scoffed at because she knew right away she could hand his ass to him in one movement. However it was possible he was trying to play weak to catch her off guard later...Noted...Another one to train though if he was as much as he was downplaying himself.

While he avoided fights, she didn't mind going head first into them. "I mean it's raining. They shouldn't be surprised that a fae would want to be under cover. Plus it's not like she's tied up back there or anything. But alas, I'll wake her I suppose." Putting her note down, she then climbed to the back, being as careful as possible and gently tickling Mae's nose with her tail "Wake up boss, we're at the checkpoint to get the hell outta here. Once we're done you can go back to sleep. Carriage man doesn't wanna seem like he's kidnapping you." Wiggling her tail a little more, she watched as the fae began to stirr "I'm gonna be running off for a few moments to deliver something, so just hang with our ride for a bit. Shouldn't be gone longer than five minutes and I'll servey the area." The letter was important to get to her sister asap. Or at least get the letter underneath the door to let her know what's going on. "Yo Matheus, can you keep Mae alive till I get back?" She called from the back.

maeve thistlebottom
On the Road
Merchant's Carriage
exhausted
pls refer to photo
interactions

Grangrule Grangrule & Britt-21 Britt-21
Maeve awoke from a dreamless sleep to the sound of Cecil's voice mingled with the sound of rain softly hitting the tarp above the pair. The fae's nose scrunched at the ticklish feeling of fur barely brushing against it before speaking,

"Wha- already?" The redhead slowly pushed herself to sit up, noticing the blanket that wasn't there before. She rubbed her eyes, barely processing the words Cecil was rapid-firing at her, but she got the gist of it. Escape was just around the corner, and at the most crucial time, Cecil was leaving. "Why now?" She mumbled, but it was no matter. The beastwoman seemed determined with this decision, and if she trusted Matheus, then Maeve will too. It helped that the idea of saying more than a few syllables was excruciating work, so she opted to simply listen to her newfound friend.

"Yo Matheus, can you keep Mae alive till I get back?" As the silver haired woman yelled to the front, Maeve took the blanket and easily made her way up front, even if her bones were heavy with exhaustion. It turns out that only less than an hour of sleep is not enough to recover from almost a day and a half of being awake. It wasn't long until Maeve was sitting beside the older alchemist, doing her best to keep her eyes open. It proved to be difficult, since she was still bundled in the blanket that was given to her during her rest.

Her demeanor now was much different than the fae Matheus had met less than an hour ago. A bright and chipper energy was replaced with exhaustion and a solemn gaze ahead of her. Despite the rather grim look, she still managed to lift her head up, squinting as she got used to the change in lighting,

"Do these guards have connections with the Syndicate?" A rather bold question, one that would no doubt alert the brown-haired man beside her of who may or may not be after her. Maeve didn't understand this, nor did she see this as a problem thanks to her naivety, "They may want your potions.." She mumbled, speaking from experience. "Although nothing back there seemed to look like contraband, so.." She shrugged, purple eyes still eyeing the guards in the distance.
coded by natasha.

MATHEUS KLEIN CLEARHART

06.png
The trio are about to head towards the gate checkpoint but Cecil seems to have personal business that is yet to be done “Exit normally from the back please” Matheus requested from Cecil if she is planning to send that note she wrote earlier however, the next words she said concerned Matheus regarding her return “Wai- What!? I just told you I can’t exactly fight now, did I?” he opposed the idea but sighed and just accepted the responsibility as a habit “Alright, but be sure to return as fast as you can, we’ll be outside the gates” looks like Matheus has to babysit Maeve during this whole checkpoint negotiation.

Matheus continued towards the checkpoint regardless and slowing down the speed of the wagon, seeing Maeve move near him drowsily and she seems to be in a very, different mood than what he usually expect “Forgive me for this, Maeve, but don’t worry, you’ll get to return to your peaceful sleep in no time after this” he assured Maeve with a light smile before looking towards the guards at the gate. What worried Matheus the most are whether the Guards are part of some evil or illegal organization as Maeve said, he is not worried about the potions however but his own life and Maeve’s if Cecil is going to be occupied for a good while, he may have to fend them off if possible but surely, there is no way that they’re undercover goons of some syndicate. "Of course, why would I sell contrabands and illegal potions, I'm a merchant and I gotta keep my reputation clean if I want a proper business" he said proudly, though it is not exactly true, but he can't shatter her dreams of potion-making and alchemy.

The wagon stops near the gates as the guard seems to just inspect the wagon as well as the contents from the back and nothing else, before the guard returns to his post, he halts and stares at the fae with suspicion “Why is there a-“ before he could finish, Matheus replied “Nothing else right?” he stared down at the guard, already suspicious and annoyed to hear unnecessary question before he let out a sigh and explained “We’re going back to Astrine to our families, she’s hitching a ride in this rainy weather, fortunately we had the same destination, is that enough?” he ended the explanation there, the guard just simply nods and ordered his subordinates to open the gates. The wagon passes outside safely without issues "Hey, Maeve, I have a ques-" when Matheus is about to begin a conversation with the fae, the guard ran to catch up and ordered a complete stop to their wagon “Wait! Stop!” the guard shouted, Matheus, now nervous, what if what Maeve said was true? Guess he’ll have to find out himself, he looked at Mae for one second contemplating his own safety and decided to be a man of his word, he reached inside his cloak, preparing to uncork a glass bottle containing a seemingly unsightly substance, hoping for the best, assuming for the worst is his only action that he can take for now.

Last edited:
≛ Luca Adesso
『 TAGGED 』Interactions: Firelie Firelie Anaxileah Anaxileah Britt-21 Britt-21 Mentions:
Luca tried to pay no heed to Logi, staying in his own world regarding the object. That was until the fairy had decided to steal the object right from his minds. "Hey, give that back you bastard!" He would have pursued her further if it had not been for the movement that had been spotted. Luca pulled his flintlock pistol from it's holster, proceeding cautiously towards the noise. Rina made it there first and it looked like she was about to smash whatever was there in the head.

Once he was closer, Luca's eyes landed on the source of the noise, Kalmia. Luca was visibly agitated, smacking away the hand Rina outstretched to Kalmia. "You can't just let your guard down like that. She could be a resident of this island or worse, a criminal in hiding. We have to ensure the integrity of this mission, no matter the cost." Luca used his thumb to pull back the mechanism, cocking the gun into a position where it was ready to fire. He pointed the flintlock at Kalmia, his finger resting on the trigger. The last thing he wanted was for anything to ruin the results of this mission. He had a job and he was going to see it through.

His gaze never wavered, his blue eyes scanning Kalmia. "State your name and purpose. I do not have much patience, so do not test me." While he truly didn't intend to shoot her, the wrong answer could cause him to pull the trigger. Being in uncharted territory made him on edge more so than he usually is. Luca was not a person to take unnecessary risks and he viewed this person as an unnecessary risk.
code by @Nano

Users who are viewing this thread

Back