• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The World Of Innixus (IC)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Kari

mood.

Hungry

[/comment]

location.

Ship 2

-->

-->

-->

As the amber-haired fairy offered her spirited retort, Kari's face remained a portrait of stoicism; her golden eyes betrayed not a flicker of emotion. If it was not her hand that silenced the spirited one's fervor, then fate would surely step in—to snuff out the flame that burned so brightly within her. Despite Kari’s stoicism, a small, quiet voice arose, a wisp of emotion that floated on the surface of her mind. Respect. It was a word seldom associated with Kari's thoughts, a feeling rarely nurtured within her battle-hardened heart. But in the face of the fairy’s response, that elusive emotion began to take root.

With a deliberate, measured movement, she removed her hand from her face, her golden eyes locking onto the individual before her. "I am not my mother," she declared, her voice a rich, resonant timbre. "Luckily for you." She continued with an air of nonchalance. "I can don the mantle of her shadow, should you provide me with cause."

A sudden shiver raced down Kari's spine, a prickling sensation that raised the fine hairs on her skin. Goosebumps blossomed across her flesh, a familiar harbinger that had announced itself many times before, on the eve of battle. Why, she wondered, had this premonition of conflict arisen now, when no battle loomed on the horizon … when the threat of violence seemed little more than a distant memory?

Boom! The sudden, thunderous roar of cannon fire cracked the air. Kari's heart leaped into her throat, her warrior's instincts seizing control. Her body tensed in anticipation of the conflict that now seemed all but inevitable. Splinters of wood flew through the air, as the once-sturdy beams of the ship's deck groaned and protested beneath the onslaught. As Kari's eyes widened in alarm, her keen senses attuned to the chaos that had erupted around her and her mind raced to assess the situation and formulate a plan of action.

Her gaze swept across the vast expanse of the sea and she found the spectral menace that had roused itself from the watery depths: a ghost ship, its tattered sails billowing like the ragged shrouds of the damned. With the agility of a seasoned warrior, Kari scrambled to the ship's cannons. Her glare landed on one of the ship's crew members, who was visibly struggling to load a cannonball into the mouth of a cannon.

"Step aside," she commanded. The unwavering determination in her eyes left no room for doubt—Kari was ready to take control.

Abandoning the conventional method, Kari reached out and touched the iron sphere, infusing it with a brilliant, yellow radiance that pulsated with power. The cannonball, now enveloped in the mystical luminescence, rose from the deck under Kari's guidance. Her eyes narrowed in focus, she aimed the levitating projectile at the ghostly ship. With a swift, resolute motion, she aimed her finger at the target, unleashing the full might of her magic and sending the illuminated cannonball soaring through the air like a fiery comet.

The cannonball found its target, crashing into the ghost ship with a thunderous impact that reverberated across the boundless ocean. Kari readied herself for another strike, her fingers shimmering with the same golden aura that had enveloped the first cannonball.

-->

Orpheus
A shadow is cast

orpheus3.jpg

[Click on underlined red text!]

A recollection is pondered...

Early morning. The dark of the sunless skies still murking the sights of those not quite so visually gifted as the man who leisurely strolled down the dirt road towards his destination. A quiet morning. Peaceful. At least, peaceful so far. As the sun acended, the man ebbed closer and closer towards the side of the road, seeking intermittent yet imminent refuge in the shade from the near-blinding radiance. There was little in mind and sight aside from the path ahead and the destination towards which the man had made his pilgrimage to, and yet amidst the chittering of waking birds and occasional fleet-footed and faint stamping of hooves and paws amidst the wilderness, a certain kind of noise made the figure's ears twitch. Of course, soon enough, a meek and shabby wagon pulled along by an equally meek and shabby pony teetered past some trees and curving paths into proper view. The driver was a stout old man, grizzled beard and chewed tobacco pipe. Two men, rough looking but not particularly intimidating, sat in the back. The man did not physically look to them, but knew well they were there nonetheless. The wagon trottered past, but slowed to a stop per the vocalizations of the driver. The wandering figure made eye contact with the old man, though perhaps this would not have been preferred.

"You need a ride, pilgrim?" Came the voice of the old man as he motioned to the two people behind him. "I assume your headed to Relphia, same as these two. Got plenty of room."

No reply from the wanderer, but a voice from one of the duo sprung out.

"Who's that?" He called out gruffly as he partly brought himself up to look. "Ominous looking fella, ain't ya. You got a name?"

Quiet. Still. Alas, no response, and the wanderer simply stared. The driver shifted about, slightly fidgeting in the awkwardness. Then came the second of the duo, less brutish, but more conniving in tone.

"Leave him, he clearly don't want nothin' to do with u-"

The smaller man had finally looked to the wanderer.

"Well I'll be damned. It's the Blackcoat."

"The Blackcoat?"

"Fella's supposed to know everything 'bout everything or something. People go to him to get leads on fancy stuff what's worth stealing but nobody knows much about."

"Is that true fella? You could tell us where to find a quick run?"

Still no response. Only a glare.

"You deaf?"

"I always heard he was an eccentric fella."

The larger of the two men jumped out, and slowly marched up to the wanderer, about even height, but clearly more pugilistic in nature.

"Ya touched or something?"

A hand reached out, thinking it would grasp a shoulder. Instead, it reached out and touched nothing, despite knowing something should have been there to touch. The wanderer was behind the thug, though none of the three thought he had moved at all. They had all blinked, and the stranger seemed to have shifted his existence. And now he existed where he was at the current moment. The wanderer tapped his cane at the ground, and then lifted his hand from its silvery head. It did not fall. He reached into his coat, and pulled out his watch and opened it, giving it a good look, partially lost in thought. A moment of silence. A moment of stillness. But not a moment of peace. And then he snatched it close, and put it back, taking his cane once again. And then he spoke, a voice like a whisper in a dark place, uneasy against the quiet stillness.

"Don't waste my time."

Four words. Two eyes. Six small things to get the message across. His stare was like looking into the maw of some leviathan about to swallow a ship. And soon enough, those three left, and once more there was peace. The pony-pulled cart went along ahead, and the wanderer took his time.

He was early after all.

A vine creeps in...

A sudden gust of wind, colder than usual. The type that might send a chill down someone's spine. Out of place. But not something overly noticeable. A shadow in the sunlight, cast by a figure just as shadowy. Skin so pale it might seem unnatural. But not something overly noticeable. A cane in his right hand, headed by the silvery casting of a goat's head. It tapped upon the ground as the figure slowly walked forward into the capital city of Relphia, as he held a black case in the left hand. His long black coat wafted subtly in the calmer, lighter breeze, and slowly but surely, he made his way through. It wasn't that he wasn't sure where he was headed, nor did he have difficulty navigating through the myriad of strangers littering the streets. No, he was merely taking his time. He had a schedule to keep, after all. He was early, though, and as such, it warranted a brief moment of respite. The Braze'n'Bold was by no means unfamiliar to the man, and its popularity and quality sufficed as a location of both blending in while allowing palatable food, which was more than one could say for many a tavern.

He had been there enough times over the years. A usual seat at a shadowed table in the corner. A usual meal of grapes, soft-boiled eggs, and some moderate amounts of wine. A usual preference for as little smalltalk as possible. Not that he knew the proprieter Benji Mido very well. Or, rather, it was far more accurate to say that Benji Mido did not know Orpheus very well. It was all very casual, and ultimately, relatively peaceful... well, at least as far as taverns could go. And, occasionally, a place to do business. Orpheus had set out the case neatly on the side of the table, and proceeded to pull out a peculiar item from a pocket inside the breast of his coat; A pocket watch, a dark hue of brass with the green discolouring of oxidizing. It was old. The cover the man promptly opened had the faded shapes of a few different animals embossed into the thin metal, including a rabbit, a crow, and a stag, and a single space in the lower left having degraded enough to be too obscure to make out. The man looked at it for a brief moment, glaring at a ragged hand ticking along behind broken glass. And then he set it to the side, just below his case, left open to be observed. His hand went inside his coat once more, and he pulled out a small black book. Unlatching the clasps of his leather case, he pulled out a quill and inkwell, and began writing within.

Lucy Elandris

__shiranui_flare_hololive_drawn_by_tadano_nepi__sample-829df66604217719bcb65b09818a7ecc.jpg
It had been days, most likely a week or so, since they’d sailed off on their grand adventure. Lucy had gotten to know quite a few of the people that inhabited the boat, both crew and fellow travelers. The woman wasn’t shy by any means. Here and there she’d lend a hand, even if the work seemed mundane or it wasn’t entirely something expected of her. Why? Because it was the kind thing to do. It was the right thing to do. A yawn pushed its way past unparted lips as she shifted in her bed to a more awakened state. The rocking of the boat had changed. It was no longer tame and gentle. There was danger lurking in those waters. Lucy could feel it as clear as one staring into a blinding light. It was just that obvious.

Due to this her awakening was anything but lovely. It was abrupt and hurried. Swift hands surged forward to grab and secure her armor to her person in a matter of seconds. She was hasty to stand and run through the dimly lit parts of the lower deck as the beams of light from above, as little as they were, started to shine through the staircase she quickly ascended. Lucena was met with a bustling crew, all assigned to their posts and jobs. There was no pause in their steps and neither would there be in hers. Even as she stalked the deck, her eyes darted about, soaking in the scene. First she located Kari and a weight was lifted off her shoulders once the woman loomed into view.

Secondly, she noticed Luca shouting orders to the occupants of the boat to ensure they were ready to handle the oncoming threat. Lucy’s eyes honed in on the crimson flowing like a steady but slow river down along his pale skin. As much as she wanted to jump into the fray, healing the people around her always took precedence. Lucena was a medic first and a fighter after. Those steps of hers thudded against the groaning wood of the boat, making sure her approach wasn't a surprise. She tried to ignore the cries of the boat that was under siege as she approached Luca. The color of his blood reflected betwixt the faded ruby of her own eyes but she smiled at him nonetheless. “ Luca, let’s get you taken care of. “ She spoke with a stalwart timbre as those hues of hers raised to his face. “ We have a better chance of surviving this if you aren’t coating the floorboards of this ship in your blood. Plus, I don't like seeing anyone wounded. “ She continued as her fingers expertly grasped the shard of wood that was embedded into the man’s arm.

Forgive me but it must be done. “ She chimed out in a pleasant tone, despite what she was about to do to him. It was a distraction from what came next. As she plucked the item lodged in his arm out, a warm light began to envelop his limb. Slowly but surely it began to close, almost looking brand new. There was a small scar and the remnants of the blood he’d lost along his fair skin but the wound was closed.

Lucy waved the culprit about. “ Even the smallest weapon can be our downfall if we try to ignore it. If you require my assistance again, call for me. I’ll be by your side as soon as I can.

Amidst the yelling and the chaos starting to ensue around him, Lucy cast him a beaming smile as she tore at the sleeve of the garment that was peeking through her armor. She dabbed at the remaining blood with a soft hum, trying not to touch the man for too long lest he become uncomfortable. Cleaning him up was just a nicety. She tossed the wood off to the side along with the dirtied cloth and fully came to a stand, eyes cast towards the oncoming foe they’d unfortunately come to meet upon the waters. Her steps were somehow untraceable, an Elven grace one could claim, as she came to stand by Kari’s side.

Nice shot! “ She cast her friend a rather playful grin. “ My turn. “ Vines began to travel down along her arms, snaking out to grab one of the cannonballs from the pile that was safely secure beside the cannon. With a twist of her body, hair cascading about as if in a dance by itself, Lucy sent the cannonball flying like one shot putting a weight. It sailed through the air and collided with the mast of the other ship. Even from afar, Lucy could feel the tremble and protest of the wood as it splintered from the impact and the biggest set of sails began to fall from above onto the deck of the skeleton ship.

Boat 2
Interacted directly with; Luca Slav Slav Kari Horror Horror

Last edited:
maeve thistlebottom
a game of tag
The Crow's Cage
relieved, indebted
pls refer to photo
"Terrible weather we're having aren't we." Interestingly timed small-talk made the Elven syndicate member glance over at the demoness, his demeanor quick to shift. A gentle smile lifted his features, light eyes shutting as he chuckled softly,

"Ah yes, this rain had me and my lovely partner here rushing to get inside, as I'm sure you can tell." Blue eyes opened back up again as his large, calloused hand ran through his now dampened black hair. Despite this charming tone, his other hand could be seen by his side, clenched into a fist for a moment or so before releasing again.

Maeve looked between the pair, feeling just about useless. What was she supposed to do here? Her hands were shaking, her heart racing as she tried to think of a plan. She could run for it, but the stranger with the golden cuff stood directly in front of her, and had much more reach than she. While in thought, the redhead shifted her weight so that she could get away from the shelf behind her, but the sound of a potion falling only startled her more, making her jump and take a few steps away. Now, she stood beside the Syndicate member, who took this opportunity to smoothly wrap his arm around hers in a seemingly casual display of affection.

Dread bloomed from her stomach, the same familiar feeling from the tavern making her bones feel like lead. Here she was again, back at square one. Maeve looked around, paying attention to anything but the conversation happening beside her. That was, until she heard a new voice join in:

"I don't know what your business is here but I'm afraid I cannot allow you to be bothering the customers like this. So you have a choice. Either turn around and walk out the door right now. Or I evict you off the premises myself. It's your choice." Shock was visible in Maeve's face as the man who still had their arms interlinked spoke up, confusion evident in his tone.

"Oh? Is this because of the potions my partner broke? I can certainly pay for the elixirs, and more if needed." His tone remained polite, but his arm squeezed a bit more in pressure, forcing Maeve to scoot closer to him. The brunette's hand never released its threatening grip from the elf's shoulders, but he did his best to maintain his composure. After all, any feeling of anger or frustration was being taken out on Maeve, whose arm was currently losing circulation thanks to his unnecessary pressure on it. She mentally cursed this damn man, and his stupid arm. No one had addressed her, and this would be a wonderful time to leave this crowded potions shop.

"Lisa! It's been so long since I have seen you, how have you been? You look good! Such a surprise to see you here!" Suddenly, Maeve was enveloped in a warm embrace. Thanks to the strength of the friendly beastman, he had managed to pull her away from the raven-haired man's clutches, causing her to laugh shakily in relief before the bear named Olfa continued to explain the sudden urge to be so friendly with her.

To say Maeve was relieved is an understatement, her elation being a perfect tool to sell the act. "Olfa! I've been doing great. Well, I was doing great, until this guy mistook me for his girlfriend, Ma-"

The syndicate member no longer hid the irritation, the emotion clear as day as he furrowed his brow and scowled, "This woman's name is Maeve Thistlebottom, a renowned potion-maker. If you were her friend, you'd know that to be true." Maeve arched a brow, a new feeling of safety allowing her to ease up a bit.

"Sir, I don't know who this woman is. I wish I were able to make a half-decent potion, let alone be renowned!" The fairy laughed, hitting Olfa with her elbow playfully, as if he too would know just how awful of a potion maker this 'Lisa' truly is. "I ran away because you frightened me, but, it seems you thought I recognized you.." Maeve explained her lie further, taking this chance to get out of here.

The Syndicate member looked between the small group that had formed, beginning to look exasperated. "Fine. I will take my leave." He forcibly yanked his shoulder out of the half-giant's grasp, casting her a look of disgust before looking back to Maeve, "When you come to your senses, you know where to find me." And with that, he walked out of the store and into the rain.

Maeve visibly deflated, relief washing over her as she looked at the group that had saved her from an uncertain fate. "I am.. terribly sorry for all of this, truly." The fairy sighed, voice sounding more exhausted now compared to the teasing manner it held mere seconds ago. "Your help has not gone unnoticed. I owe you all." she smiled, though it did not reach her eyes. Normally, she would offer them a baked good. Or a trip to her bakery, but there was no longer a bakery. Only debris and ashes of what once was.

"The man was right, though. My name is Maeve. And I am a skilled Alchemist and healer. If at any point you need my assistance, please let me know." Her voice, whilst exhausted, was determined as she gave them all a quick nod. "However, because of my.. skillset.. I need to leave without a trace. Would any of you have access to any resources that could aid me? I must leave Altaire by sundown." Purple eyes were wide now, hopeful as she glanced between the unique faces that had surrounded her.
coded by natasha.

The Salamander
Ban "Benji" Mido
FAILURE IS ONLY THE OPPORTUNITY TO BEGIN AGAIN.

ONLY THIS TIME, MORE WISELY.
Benji nodded with a simple smile. Two friendly people missing each other because of a crowd? It happened all the time, although perhaps he should have caught on a little quicker before. Hopefully, he was not slipping. What was perhaps slipping was his grasp on the conversation as Silva began a thorough explanation on the importance intercourse and the use of potions to such ends. All in an attempt to counter the point Olfa made with his jokes. The young medicine man simply shrugged at the whole situation.

His eyes simply scanned across to Cecil and the red-haired man. A raises eyebrow and narrowed eyes followed the man's hands . . . stroking Cecil's tail? Benji's expression lightened before chucking and shaking his head with his eyes closed. Cecil would definitely make sure her boundaries were respected, if her change in tone was any indication. If there was one thing the siblings shared, it was their fiery sense of self-respect and moral fiber. A lot of bounty hunters may be cutthroats or scoundrels but not these two, and they certainly did not take insult or injury from anyone without giving it back. Respectable, at the end of the day. Simply respectable.

But that pickup line? Benji internally grimaced and groaned. Seriously, did this man think people who are beautiful can't be adventurers? Or people who are adventurers cannot be beautiful? This strawberry-and-vanilla-swirl-haired character certainly needed a new manual for interacting with women.

His eyes wandered over to Toshi and Kiara. They moved a little farther from the shop than he thought when he talked to them. He better move a little closer towards the pair if he hoped to keep a conversation up with them. Leaning his weight off of the door and balancing himself on his two feet, righting himself, Benji turned and began to lightly step towards the door. Those same feet hopped up for a moment as eyes widened before slamming back down hard onto the ground, even from being just an inch or two off the ground. Benji immediately twisted his upper body and neck to look back to only find the alchemist Crow sputtering as much smoke out of his lungs as his lab room through the door.

"And this is why I trust Silva to double check the stock,"
Benji commented, not caring if Crow heard or not. The careless man may bite off more than he can chew with his recklessness.

And was it so hard to call her Silva? Although, Benji could see the appeal of calling her Silvy, but that seemed something a close friend would be allowed to say. Or an enemy attempting to rile up Silva. But, however, Benji was no enemy to either of the pair or anyone here, for that matter. With a tired yet amused sigh as he came down from his brief adrenaline high, Benji stepped away from the doorway, allowing it to fully close.

And drew closer to Toshi and Kiara. His eyes, for a moment, caught the sight of a red-headed girl running towards him. His eyes narrowed for a second as he side-stepped. She rushed past him before, with his eyes cast over the side of his shoulder, watching her enter the store. After the brief explosion, his entire body had been sent on complete edge, all of his instincts and training on the point of a knife--ready to move at a moment's notice. But it seemed all the woman had been was worried and in a rush.

If it was not for the poor haircut. Hastily cut ends. He had seen better cuts from soldiers keeping it short for the first time. How much of a rush was she in? But the brief moment he saw her expression. Exhaustion or panic? A shrug from his shoulders before he heard the ring of the door's bell signaled the departure of the red-and-white swirly haired individual. For a moment, Benji wondered if the pair were perhaps siblings before tossing the thought out of his mind with a brief shake of his head.

Turning his attention back to Toshi and Kiara, Benji almost settled into a sort of calm if not for seeing a taller and older man. Dark-haired and clad in similarly colored clothing. Benji looked the man up and down as he stalked past. Nothing unusual other than traveling in the same direction of the girl. Benji's focus sharpened as the man was paused briefly with small talk made by a tiefling woman.

His eyes lowered downward and first seeing the hands before the man's feet. The crescent moon. Same as Kiara's from earlier. Either the pair had the same taste in jewelry or there was something else. And then there was the mark upon his own boot. It seemed about to be the same size and shape as the heel of the girl. If there was something to be looked out for in this life, it was the smaller details. Details that indicated a potential altercation between the two. It had not been solely exhaustion written on the girl's face.

It had indeed been panic too.

Crossing his arms and leaning against a wall, even with the uncomfortable wetness of the rain sliding down its frame soaking into his back, Benji simply waited and watched the front door. If Olfa or one of the others did not handle the potential problem that could be brewing behind those doors, he would be out here. Waiting. Watching. And a few brief minutes, the same dark-haired man appeared. And without anything or anyone other than that moon pendant on the cuff of his wrist.

Good work. Silva. Olfa.

He had chosen his acquaintances wisely. Always a happy notion, that was.

"Toshiro, Kiara. Get the bath situation sorted between yourselves. I'll catch up with you both back at the tavern,"
Benji quickly spoke towards the two before just as quickly leaving the pair to their own devices.

A few variables in play here. Attacking the man without cause would be both foolish and reckless, not to mention without any proper proof or jumping to wrong conclusions could put a possibly innocent man in harm's way. No, if Benji's suspicions were correct, there were other ways to coax a possible reaction from the man as well as his backers. Benji simply strode forward before brushing shoulders with the stranger, more so slamming shoulders to be more accurate. The sudden collision from the checking of his shoulder into another, one Benji ensured to make especially painful and forceful to attract attention towards the bruise that would form there, would have both Benji and the man stumble for a second.

"Sarry, all dis rain and me' half bliund eye. Forgives me's, sirs,"
a brief shrug and a bop against his own head would follow before turning around and continuing to walk away.

All the while twiddling a small, cuff engraved with a half-crescent moon between his fingers before pocketing it away and keeping his hand squeezed tight over it.
------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
The rain poured down even harder than before. It was almost a miracle there had not been any thunder or lightning. Yet. The bell of the door to the tavern ringed as the hinges creaked as they swung open. A thoroughly soaked Benji walked through the tavern. Well, less-so him being entirely soaked and more so his coat he used for shelter against the rain. Like an old wisewoman, he pulled the jacket away from being cloaked over his head and sliding back down to its proper placement upon his shoulders. His eyes scanned across the store before clocking in the particular sound ringing in his ears. The ticking of a clock. As his steps carried him closer to the bar and the doors that led to the kitchen proper, a pause in his step as that sound kept ringing in his head. His eyes flickered over to the side as he peered at the man who sat alone with his suitcase and pen and book. Then there was that watch.

The ticking did not cease in his head. Benji shook his head before entering the backrooms of the estate and took off his coat, setting it under a pile of other items and belongings. He could worry about it drying later. The cold and harsh nature of the weather never bothered him anyway nor would a wet cloak. Besides, it kept out the rain well enough, and it was not like it had been soaked through. But he would needed hot tea and something to bite if he wanted to stave off any potential colds.

As he got to work, the ticking kept on even as he brewed and cooked. Even as he downed his hot tea and a small egg on toast, the sound kept ringing and scratching against his ears. Even closer to his head. The medicine man ran a hand over his face before it turned a little stern. His hand reached out and waved to one of the other handmaids waiting in the kitchen.

One of the older staff, here before Benji even owned the place after it switched hands, and a fine cook at that the man was. A good waiter too, on occasion where they were briefly more short-staffed, if not more curt--either due to old age or simply being of the culinary profession. Older and a bit more gruff with grey hairs and a beard but a smart if more casual appearance in clothing to fit the mood of the tavern. Red eyes from the man looked back at Benji. Well, one red eye. The other was always hidden behind perfectly kept hair.

Benji was beginning to lose his own balance with the constant ringing. Never had this happened before. His ears? The fluid within? His mind raced as he spoke.

"Who's the man in the corner with the case and the clock? With the wine glass and grapes."

"Who?"

"The one sitting in the corner with the wine glass and grapes. Big old case too. Should I ask one of the barmaids? I'm just curious. New face and all,"
Benji began finishing his tea before walking over and drawing water from a keg.

The older cook looked up, raising an eyebrow in perplexed manner, before settling back to working on preparing meals. But all the while, the cook spoke,
"He's been here a number of times before. Before your ownership. Always orders just about the same thing. Previous owner got a bad feeling from him. Me? I can't say. Everyone needs a meal, even the ones that give a bad air about them."

A sidelong glance is cast in Benji's direction before looking back down,
"That answer your question?"

Benji nodded before downing a small cup of water,
"It does. Also, you hear ticking?"

The cook's eyes and expression became confused as the thin line that was his mouth bent a little downward and his brows furrowed,
"Like a clock? No. Does he bother you?"

"You know me,"
Benji tapped his hands against the table,
"Nothing shakes me so much as it thrills me. Besides, like you said."

Benji pushed away from the table before walking away, only casting one quick look behind at the cook,
"Everyone needs to eat. I'm going to see if there's anything else he wants."

Benji picked up a small wooden board before drawing a different coat over himself, one that would help him fit into the establishment better than his old soldier coat, and setting it to his side with his hands before walking over to the man in the large black coat. The ticking became louder almost unbearably so. A sharp pain began to crawl up along his covered arm. The tattoo along the frame of his arm and shoulder burned for a little.

All hidden behind a mask of calm. Pain only had so much power if you fought it. If you let it wash over you, fuel you, you can be much stronger than you already are. For the man in the blackcoat with eyes glowing of a different ember than most men, the blackcoat would find his eyes--if he bothered to look up at the voice speaking to him--were a pair of golden-amber eyes meeting him with equal measure.

"Excuse me. I don't mean to bother you while you're writing, but is everything to your liking?"

Service with a nonchalant smile. That would also meet the blackcoat's gaze, even as the ticking and burning preyed at the young tavern owner.
Code By Nano

Last edited:

Elof

Location (Group 1): Kraken -> Starboard of Ship #1​

ElofPost.jpg

As the mixed blood mercenary continues to relentlessly chop, slash, and stab into the Kraken's body; he finds himself at a dead end with this endeavor. Not only is he short of air, but to further make the point, the wound that the Kraken has been suffering begins to heal quicker than he can injure it, making nonfatal attacks like this worthless. Pulling Mir and Jorn from the Kraken's body, Elof attempts to swim back to the boat, but is faced with little time and many more limbs blocking his path. Knowing now that the Kraken regenerated, it wouldn't make sense for the young mercenary to waste his time cutting through each and every limb that threatened him, it would be more important to conserve his energy for the battle to come. As the limbs rushed to attack him, the young man prepared himself, pushing through the water to narrowly avoid crushing blows and attempts to grapple him. The onslaught continued however, and simply dodging wasn't a good long term solution. Now, would be best to test a theory of his. Though he used both weapons skillfully, Elof stowed Mir on his waist, tightening his grip on Jorn. As one of the limbs attacked him again, with a heavy swing the young man slashed through it, cutting off the end. Keeping a close eye on the limbs state as he made his way closer to the boat, he counted the seconds until the Kraken's limb was healed, a new one sprouting off the end rather quickly. That was barely half a minute's time, and now the whole limb is back. There has to be a way to slow that down...

Before he could continue the thought, the Kraken put more focus onto him, with four more limbs coming toward him to deal devastating blows. With only a little bit of time to react, Elof adjusted to a two-handed grip, focusing in on the enemy in front of him. He knew the boat was behind him, and that the Kraken would try to strike and grapple him with different limbs. If he could determine which of the four would strike him rather than try and grab him, he could use the might of the Kraken to push himself closer to the boat and towards safety. The dead eyed mercenary would look carefully, floating carefully in a defensive position as the limbs waded ever closer. As the first uncurled, he swam upward to avoid its grasp, and as the second uncurled, he moved to the side and cut through it with a downward strike. As the final two approached, he had to gamble with his life. The first uncurled, seeking to grab him. Instead of dodging, Elof lunged forward and performed a powerful sweeping slash cutting through the limb as it approached before quickly bracing himself. Without a second passing, the fourth and final limb slammed into him, the impact sending him flying through the water before slamming against the bottom of the ship, causing a loud thud that could be heard from above. If he hadn't braced for the impact, that strike would have definitely knocked him out.

With this golden opportunity, Elof attempted to slip away to the other side of the ship, and given the distance between him and the limbs of the Kraken, he was able to climb out of the water. Latched onto the starboard side of the ship, he was battered, but alive.

Mentions: None.

Mikhail

mood.

WET

[/comment]

location.

boating.

-->

-->

-->

The raindrops were cold, wet, and stinging on Mikhail's skin—yet the abyss had receded, and he had regained his life and breath, even though his lungs burned from the struggle. In the midst of the Kraken’s fury, a small, short-haired woman appeared upon the deck—her determined strides carried her toward Mikhail's prone form. With a strength that betrayed her diminutive stature, she ducked beneath his arm and used her shoulder to provide much-needed support. The unexpected aid was a welcome relief.

With a smug grin spreading across his face, Mikhail turned to his unexpected savior and greeted, "You know, I always wanted to be swept off my feet, but I never imagined it'd be quite so... literal." Despite the lingering remnants of fear and exhaustion, he couldn't help but inject a hint of lightness into the dire situation.

Splash! A sudden, cacophonous noise tore through the air, its unexpected arrival startling Mikhail and drawing his attention away from the small woman. He swiftly turned his head, his eyes searching for the source of the commotion amidst the stormy backdrop. As Mikhail's gaze followed Elof, diving into the churning waters, his eyes looked on in surprise. I’m certainly glad I didn't challenge him earlier; the look in his eyes alone could give that Kraken a run for its money, he mused internally.

As Mikhail's gaze followed the direction of Valorie's call, his eyes fell upon the ginger beastman, hunched over and retching into a bucket. The sight elicited a look of skepticism on his face, his eyebrows arched and lips pressed into a thin line. It seemed almost inconceivable that this boy, seemingly ill-equipped to handle conflict, could be a component of the same exploration mission as this determined fairy.

Upon hearing Ciaran's suggestion, a spark of inspiration ignited within Mikhail's mind. “Perhaps I can give you a chance. I just hope whatever you’re planning will be worth it. Come on. Don’t worry about me anymore,” Mikhail declared, his voice unwavering despite the dizziness that still plagued him. With a determined effort, he broke free of the small woman's hold and made his unsteady way toward the ship's edge.

Venturing to the area where the tentacles seemed most abundant, Mikhail watched with horror as the monstrous appendages wreaked havoc upon the ship and its crew. As he stood there, he witnessed a terrifying moment where one of the crewmates was ensnared by a tentacle and dragged beneath the waves with an anguished cry. The sight fueled Mikhail's resolve, spurring him to act even more urgently. He knew that every moment counted and that their chances of survival diminished with each passing second.

Positioning himself at the very edge of the ship, Mikhail leaned over the side, his eyes scanning the dark waters below for any hint of the Kraken's colossal form. As he caught a glimpse of its shadowy silhouette, he steeled himself and began to cast his spell, Discordance. His eyes took on an otherworldly glow and he focused on enhancing the Kraken's burgeoning anger, believing that its rage would drive it to the surface and give Ciaran whatever opportunity he sought after.

-->

Logi Laeblom

Location: The Second Frontier (IE Ship 2. Its a ship. With a name.)

Logi had been hard at work thinking up another witty remark to Kari's aloof retort when the soft whistle of something flying through the air caught Logi's ear. A shock of cold flew down her spine- danger. Logi was already standing and alert by the time the first cannonball crashed into the side of the ship, knife in hand. With a quick dash and a hop, she was airborne and flitting off to the ships starboard side, the side under fire. Checking over the side of the ship, careful not to be torn asunder by the next volley of cannon fire, Logi assessed the situation.

2,200+ Pirate Battle Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock  | Pirate ship, Pirates, Ship
The adversary was a peculiar sight. A large ship, much more so than The Second Frontier, that gave off a spectral incandescence. A ghost ship, one sporting an intimidating eight cannons, four on each side. The Second Frontier only had two on each side, so defeating the spectral foe through brute force was off the table. Logi was about to begin barking out orders, but was beaten to the punch by Luca. What a surprise! Luca was more than a sniveling knob. Certainly had Logi fooled. Next Logi caught onto an idea she agreed with. Luminita's boarding party idea was just what was needed. Assuming whatever was piloting that ship could even be boarded and stabbed. Logi almost forgot herself and piped up to join, only stopped as a splintered railing caught on her sundress. Shit, Logi lambasted herself mentally for having chosen such conflict inappropriate attire. She would have to head down to get changed into her armor. Luckily she had the time, The Second Frontier needed to close the distance before boarding was even remotely possible. Flying deftly below deck, Logi pumped her wings moving fast as she could towards the bunks, past the measly kitchen and then the cannons, armed by Kari and a woman whose name Logi couldn't quite find. She quickly flew through the cannon area an-

you should get in the cannon.

Oh no. That Slow, gravelly voice, barely perceptible among the cacophony of the ship in combat. It was nothing paranormal, just her ancient ape brain prodding her with a REALLY BAD idea. There was no way Logi could get in that cannon. She would be unarmored and outnumbered, assuming she even hi-

You'll be a star. A beautiful, shooting star. Get in.

How would she even survive getting shot out of the cannon anyways? She would be paste, not a damned st-

Don't act like you don't want to. Ticket for one, Train's leaving the station baby.

The voice, it was right. Kari looked to be loading the next ball. Sweat formed on the fairies brow. She.... She should at least get her armor. She can't be that reck-

Stars don't wait for the next train. Time to fly hon-

"Maeve!" Logi shouted at the two women manning the cannon, a manic glint in her smoky eyes. She pushed past the women and, one cloud of sparkling charcoal colored dust later, was miniature enough to stand on the magically suspended cannonball. "Nae questeens. Yer shaetin' me oot ah tae kinnan!" Logi barked, her voice filled with frenzied fervor. Luckily for Logi, or maybe unluckily, the time for words and questions was over, and within a couple moments she was nestled up against the cold lead ball in the barrel of the gun. Then, a couple more moments later there was an awful crashing noise, then a boom and next all Logi felt was her stomach drop as momentum swept her up through the gun smoke and over the sparkling blue sea. For just a moment time seemed to slow, the turning of her stomach stopped, and Logi was alone with the sea. She felt the warm rays of the sun on her back push past her and into the summer blues of the sea, reflecting off the surface with sparkling, beautiful light. The eruptions of cannon smoke swirled into the light blues, shimmering and shifting in the glowing light, backlit by the spectral turquoises of the ghostly ship. For a split second, a mere moment Logi couldn't help but feel she was a star in a wonderful, chaotic sky. Logi, In this awful, terrifying mess, flying through the air was a shining, shooting star.

Oh yeah, that is the shit. That death defying blood pumping good shit. Now do what you do, baby.

The moment quickly passed, and Logi's mind kicked into overdrive to form some semblance of a plan as quickly as she could. Logi leapt from the cannonball, her lead transport now mere seconds from impact. Her wings pumped as hard as they could, and with a flick of the wrist Logi once more appeared in a puff of dust, full sized with a dagger in hand, and knees tucked to her chest. The skeleton that had been posted up on the side of the ship to keep an eye on The Second Frontier barely managed to register the fairy before Logi's dagger found purchase in the creatures skull. Its head bucked backward from the momentum of the fairy as she planted her boots firmly on the skeletons chest. The ghastly thing fell backwards onto the deck and began to skid backwards across the wood, Logi atop it riding the skeleton like it was a skateboard. The crash of the cannonball shook the ship as the skeleton Violently slipped across the deck, bones flying out every which way as it was grinded into dust against its own ship. By the time it came to a stop it was nothing more than a shattered skull and the top half of a broken rib cage. Logi wasted no time as her bony vehicle skid to a stop, ducking into a roll and diving for the hatch toward below deck. She didn't have time to do anything above deck, if these pirates had guns or any ranged weaponry every second Logi spent in open air was another chance to be shot dead. She knew she would fare better in the darkness below deck.

Diving through the hatch to the second level, Logi grabbed hold of the hatch handle and quickly closed it, latching the locking mechanism and jamming her knife into it to keep it locked tight. She lost one knife, sure, but she always kept at least four on her, even when dressed casually. As her eyes adjusted to the darkness below deck, Logi reached into her bag and pulled out a sack of ball bearings, untying the sack quickly and scattering the metal balls across the floor. It was a tactic she used often, being able to fly while her opponents had to make sure not to make a wrong step and slip on a ball bearing. She hoped to god it was enough to deal with whatever the hell was in this locked room with her.

Mentions: Kyuubey Kyuubey Horror Horror Goonfire Goonfire Slav Slav ( StealthyShades StealthyShades Britt-21 Britt-21 (For good measure) )

≛ Carlisle Kersey
『 TAGGED 』Interactions: leviohsa leviohsa Mentions: Horror Horror Spiderverse Spiderverse
"I'm not the person you should be asking for a plan. Fighting monsters isn't my expertise." Carlisle said, calmy chopping another limb of the beast. He has plenty of experience fighting men, not creatures from beneath. This created a predicament for everyone. He didn't know how to defeat the beast and constantly defending himself from the onslaught of tentacles reduced his ability to come up with a plan. After watching Elof launch himself off the ship, Carlisle briefly turned to Faraine. "Don't do what he's doing. That's how you get yourself swallowed up by the sea." Even if Carlisle wanted to join Elof he couldn't. Have you ever seen somebody try to swim in a full set of armor? Carlisle might as well be a boulder being thrown into the ocean.

As the rain somehow worsened, Carlisle found it harder to keep his footing, slipping onto his back. "This really changes my opinions on boats." He said to himself, trying to get back up onto his feet. Before he could even get a steady footing, a tentacle was launched in his direction, catching him by surprise. His quick reaction with his sword saved him from being grabbed, stabbing the tentacle into the deck of the ship. He pulled his sword out, the tentacle retracting to the source. Carlisle moved his drenched hair out of his eyes, trying to catch a moments breath from the constant onslaught. Things weren't looking good, in fact, it seemed the situation was getting worse. Something had to change and soon.

Out of the corner of his eye, he caught the sight of Mikhail possibly casting magic. He didn't have a clue at what that magic could possibly be, but hopefully it helped them in their endeavors in some way. Carlisle readied his blade as a trio of tentacles launched themselves at Faraine, stepping in to help her. With all of his might, he swung his sword, chopping through two of them. His sword got stuck in the last one, the sharpness of his blade wearing out from all the cutting. He forced the blade forward, finishing it's cut through the tentacle. "It seems we both choose the wrong adventure to go on." Carlisle said, smirking in the midst of battle. After smirking, the ship jolted causing Carlisle to fall onto his back once more. The ship tilted downwards as a large mass appeared from the water, dropping waves of water onto the ship. It had seemed that Mikhail's magic had worked.

From the abundance of water, Carlisle found himself being swept in it, his body slamming against the side of the ship as the water had nowhere to go. Upon getting onto his feet, he gazed at the large mass, in awe. Most people looking at a creature of that scale and terror would be scared, Carlisle found it-"Euphoric." He couldn't help but smile at such a creature, its sheer size impressing Carlisle. "I thought I'd never see the day where I would see a servant of the destructive forces before my eyes. Now, I get to slay him before the Lord's eyes." This was going to be a battle to remember.
code by @Nano

Sh'Kashta
Boat 1: Carlisle, Ciaran, Daniel, Elof, Faraine, Mikhail, Nasir, Nesta, Valorie, Vidius
Interactions:
As Hubert-Mikhail crested the side of the ship, Sh'Kashta was him, saw his horns. She saw what he was. No. She could not believe it, it must be some illusion. Yes, her illusion, she must have done something wrong in casting the illusions on Hubert-Mikhail. She quickly broke it off, clearing the air for him to see the world as it truly was. Clearing her to see him as he truly was.

He did not change, even as the small one dragged him away. As she watched him pulled away, she felt nauseous. She realized too late, she hadn't broken her red spell. The hammering of the blood in her veins was overwhelming. This was the magic she had done wrong. It was no longer a trickle of power out to Hubert-Mikhail. She was hemorrhaging power, bleeding essence into him.

She fell to her knees, and in agony had bitten through the tentacle. As she spit out the severed chunk, she also spit out blood. Mostly, but not all, Kraken. She was dizzy, like she had been playing in the whirlpools as a kid. She held to the deck of the ship, trying to steady herself, and didn't notice the ship tilt. The flow of red magic finally faltered, just as she did. She collapsed, unconscious, clutching to the ship. Small gouges cut by her claws desperate for a hold.

Olfa

Olfa nodded as Maeve talked, playing along with the skit they created until the man left and she began to come clean. She talked on about her situation, the expertise in alchemy and healing, vaguely reminding Olfa of himself. She was a caring young lady with skills beyond the average person who needed protection from nefarious efforts. He wished he had someone by his side in that cave, someone not bound by forces of ill intent. Not a demonic halfling that wished to set him as a damn sacrifice, gods know what this random man would be up to with this poor lady. He wouldn't let it happen again, he couldn't. She may want to slip away but it would only last so long, plus, she had to be hungry and thirsty. The B&B would serve her the best, under protection of him and Tinker, fed the best stew and brew in the world.

"Well, Maeve, I don't think I could get you out unnoticed, nor do I think it wise." Olfa sighed lightly as he put his paw on Maeve's shoulder and turned to her seriously. "But I can offer you shelter at the Braze N' Bold. You have a safe spot in the back with me and Tinker if need be. Bed, food, plenty of equipment for any alchemy you could need to do. I am something of a brewer and healer myself too little lady."

Olfa smiled empathetically as he thought back to his childhood trauma and to how that very well could have been this girl. How the world is far too unforgiving for such a lady to be alone and unknown. She did not need to disappear too quick, and he wanted that to be known. She may be a stranger but she was not a stranger worth letting go of so easily, not to Olfa. He turned back to Silva, who now occupied behind him. He smiled and waved his hand lightly to the counter from before. He did have some unfinished business to attend to before he could retreat back to the wonderful humble abode he had made for himself at the B&B. Plus, he would like to invite the nice clerk to come tour his extravagant set up.
"Well miss Silva, now that that is done, would you mind finishing up our transaction? Have plenty of brewing to do back at the B&B, plus I am sure I will find a few scraps and bruises that need my attention. I hope I will see you there? Maybe you can even come see my extensive set up, promise it will not disappoint." Olfa smiled as he nodded, reaffirming his assurance that he had plenty of impressive nick knacks and tools for the girl to see.

Interactions: Jackaboi Jackaboi (Silva Direct) leviohsa leviohsa (Maeve Direct) (Anyone else in the shop Indirect)

Kiara Solarius

et2hjzei3dw41.jpg
Kiara had merely deadpanned at her sister’s claims and desire to sit down later. A boy? If only that were the cause of her problems. That would be less of a headache. Nevertheless she offered her a thumbs up and a toothy grin, lips stretched out into a smile that was far too wide. It was a little obvious exactly how much she was looking forward to this riveting conversation they’d be having later. Perhaps it would be easier to blame it on love woes or something similar. She shelved the idea for later in case she needed an escape goat.

As her sister disappeared out of view back into The Crow's Cage, her smile began to slowly fade with each passing second. There was no reason to keep it gleaming there on display for nobody to see. The drizzle of rain was felt next. A few drops here and there until they began to quicken. Kiara turned her face upwards to the sky, oblivious to the world around her for the moment, and welcomed each raindrop upon her warm and suntanned skin. A content expression nestled its way onto her features before the oncoming scent, only amplified by the droplets of water, began to invade her senses once more. It loomed ever closer and Kiara peered over at the door expectantly and watched with curious eyes as Toshiro exited the shop and sauntered over towards her.

Every word out of his mouth was met with a series of blinks. Even as his arm wrapped around her shoulders, a friendly gesture that she definitely wasn’t going to become enraged about, she continued to keep those honeypot filled eyes on his face. Cecil and Kiara tended to have differing views on physical affection and their boundaries. It wasn’t like Toshiro came off as a sleazeball or anything or she probably would’ve punched his lights out. He seemed genuinely grateful and sincere. Despite the overpowering stench she knew the man had a sound and honorable heart. Call it a gut feeling or intuition.

The woman let a playful look dance across her face as she leaned against Toshi and beamed with prideful glee. “ Deal! I like the sound of that. “ Her sister would probably despise the sound of that but truthfully the idea of having a new friend wasn't so bad. It’s not that Cecil or the lions weren’t enough but… Kiara always longed for companionship with others. A life of solidarity wasn’t one she desired to live. In the times she found herself alone, either when Cecil was on a job, or the lions were out hunting for someone….thing to eat which they were doing currently, Kiara was left to wander around aimlessly with nothing but a head full of bleak intrusive thoughts. It was quite a dispirited state to be in and she loathed it deeply.

A new friend? Yeah, she could go for one of those. Benji’s parting words and abrupt departure hadn’t been lost on her but it wasn’t like she was going to chase after the man and interrogate him. She'd run into him at the tavern later on since that's where they tended to roam for a fresh meal and a drink. Typically Benji was there since he owned the place. It was rare for him not to be found there. But for now he clearly had places to be and she had to save what was left of her sense of smell by getting Toshiro cleaned up. It was so potent that she was willing to bet money she could track him halfway across the globe if she had to without the help of her magic. Kiara couldn’t stifle the small laugh that bubbled past her lips when she spotted Cecil’s soured expression as the woman stalked up to the two.

He’s harmless. “ But even those words wouldn’t stop the lioness from swatting Toshiro’s hand hard enough that his arm was forcefully slung away from its once perched spot. “ I’ll meet up with you later at the tavern, don’t get into too much trouble. I’m going to bathe this one. “ Kiara immediately realized how that sounded and she began backpedaling. “ Not bathe him myself but take him to one! “ Kiara’s now damp hair tickled her cheeks as she shook her head back and forth in disapproval at her own poorly chosen words.

She’s just a tad bit protective. “ She exclaimed in an amused tone, knowing full well that she was putting it much too lightly and definitely still within earshot of Cecil, as she watched her jog off and eventually out of sight. “ The water is hot and relaxing at the bath house. And they have all these wonderful smelling soaps. It’ll probably feel amazing on those bruised muscles of yours too. “ She pointed out, ushering towards him with a wave of her hand as she led them further into town towards their destination. “ Maybe I’ll join you! A nice steamy soak sounds rather pleasant. If that’s alright with you of course. “ Kiara smiled towards her newly acquired friend and those eyes of hers widened as a question popped into the forefront of her mind.

Oh! Are you any good at cooking? “ There was a hopeful spark glinting across her eyes like the sun reflecting off a jewel. She held a lollipop out to him that she retrieved from her jacket pocket and stuck another in her mouth. " Wan' one? "

interacted w/ - toshi The Elder The Elder cecil Britt-21 Britt-21 ban benji Fill Fill

Last edited:

Orpheus

right eye.jpgleft eye.jpg

orpheus3.jpg
[ Interaction with Fill Fill ]

A pen scratches at paper...

A moment of silence. At first, it seemed the stranger did not register the appearance of the young master of the Braze'N'Bold. Of course, this impression was extinguished quickly. The raven-haired man never looked up from the small black book, nor did he stop writing when he spoke after those few quiet seconds. The scratching was rythmic, like a beat behind the quiet yet pleasantly low-pitched and gentle.

"I was wondering when I'd meet the new master of the house," he said with a hint of analytical curiosity in his voice. And then stillness. He had stopped writing, promptly snapping his book closed, setting both it and the pen down. And then he looked up to the younger man.

"A pleasure to meet you... Mr. Mido."

Eyes, blacker than black, save for the rings of ghostly, seemingly glowing white, irises. Everything else about the man's face was casual and neutral, albeit pale almost to the point of a lack of pigmentation altogether. But the eyes themselves were intense, almost as if they could see the very souls of things. For the briefest of seconds, they seemed to have looked the proprieter up and down, and the stranger's face seemed to seem as if the man had made a judgement there and then. The man in black reached for his wine, and drank it with a subtle seeming hint of purposeness. Was he making a statement of it, or was that simply how he moved? The goat headed cane, left leaning on the side of his the man's seat, seemed to shift in angle, making it seem as if the inanimate object had its attention drawn to the circumstances.

"I'm quite honored to have you check on my satisfaction yourself," he continued with a slight monotone in his voice, and though he shifted, his eyes never once moved from their spot. "Indeed. I don't intend to stay overlong, but yes, I am pleased with this establishment."

Finally, his eyes moved upwards, almost certainly in thought. He hummed to himself in that moment, and yet to a keen eye, it may have seemed as though he was listening to a voiceles voice speak to him. His eyes snapped back to Ban after he let out an exhale of finalized contemplation. His head cocked. For whatever reason, the idea of a smile crept upon his face. He did not physically smile, not at all, but it certainly might feel like the man had slowly smirked. And then his head moved again, his eyes closing for the moments he did. He did not upon them until his head turned back into position to once again look at Ban. This time his head was cocked. This time, he was holding something else. This time, he presented the open watch. The faintest of ticking sounds, like an echo all across the noisome structure, continued at a faded level.

The watch wasn't moving.

"Tell me; Do you think I should finally get rid of this?"

Last edited:
Ciaran
Ship #1, Deck

Ciaran couldn't believe the sight. Whoever this Mikhail was, he had come from the unholy union of human and demon. The horns that sat atop that fair-haired head told the herbalist so. He had stopped to gawk, but was snapped back to reality when another gigantic tentacle barreled past him to grasp at Carlisle. Ciaran had no time to waste staring or judging; there were much bigger fish to fry at this moment, pun fully intended.

Whatever spell Mikhail had worked might have done its job. Ciaran had never seen such an effect before, so it was hard to say for sure, but his logic seemed sound: Mikhail's magic was the only unfamiliar kind at play here and the Kraken had seemed comfortable until now. The ship shook violently, sending Ciaran tumbling and sliding back towards the railing, waves crashing down on him.

The ginger was curled up in the fetal position, but not for fear of his life—okay, somewhat so—but to cover the fat tube he claimed would be of assistance. Uncurling himself from around it, he rose up and raised the device level with his mouth. His legs wrapped around the railing as he held on for dear life. The now-infamous bucket flew overboard, its contents splashing into an eye the size of Faraine. "Hol' onto me!" he implored, though the roar of the ocean, the chaos around him, and his own heart pounding in his ears drowned out his own voice.

With a deep inhale, he pressed his lips to the mouthpiece and invested a sharp exhale. A cloud of coarse powder tinted red spewed from the tube, granules sparkling as they caught the light. Ciaran had blasted this creature's already seasoned eye with a concoction of sand and ground red pepper. The organ grew more bloodshot as the irritants took effect, and the Kraken thrashed about ferociously. The boat twisted around in its grasp, the bow now pointing a different direction entirely. If they survived this encounter, it was going to be hell to get back on the correct course...

Interactions: Britt-21 Britt-21 Slav Slav
Mentions: leviohsa leviohsa Horror Horror

Elof

Location (Group 1): Starboard of Ship #1 -> On Deck​

ElofPost.jpg

To think that the hardest part of that foolhardy maneuver was over would be something a naïve mercenary would believe. Hanging onto the side of the ship while it rocked required immense strength, and if it wasn't for the giant's blood that ran through him he might've fallen back into the deep blue. Despite hefty breaths, his grip held true, and feeling the ship continuing to rock more furiously than before, the mixed blood knew it was time to get back on board. The mercenary quickly sheathed his other weapon, now gripping onto the ship with both hands. Slowing his breathing down, he calmed his body, the ache and pain making it difficult, but not impossible. But sure enough, Elof was able to center himself, dead eyes staring at the railing of the ship: his destination. One hand at a time, the young man climbed, clutching so tightly to the side of the ship that his fingers were nearly bleeding. The weight of the clothes on his back didn't help, but he pressed upward, a wave of relief flowing through his body once he had his hands on the railing, head poking just above the gunwale allowing him to slightly peek on deck. Unlike the rest of his comrades, the beast's size was already well apparent to the young mercenary, but what was truly a surprise was the state of the things.

Finally pulling himself on deck, Elof shook violently in a sloppy attempt to dry himself off, hoping to at least remove some of the excess weight so that he may better combat the Kraken. With haste he made his way to the others, eyes darting around to get a better sense of the situation. Sh'Kashta was knocked out, with it being a miracle that the merwoman was still capable of holding on (though the credit might go to instinct). The giant woman and golden knight seemed to be holding out quite well, though not at all listening to his advice for whatever reason. The real damning thing was Mikhail, the sly bastard, turning out to be a half demon. The dead eyed mercenary felt anger for a moment, but let it subside. Black magic was a horrible thing, and he had seen first-hand what havoc it could wreak at Whitshell's borders, but now was not the time or the place to confront him. For the death of this crew would also mean the death of him, and that was enough to not run through the bastard with axe or sword. As he moved past the giant woman and the golden knight, he told them of his experience under the waves. "It heals. Don't waste energy. Need strike to kill, just kill." Elof ran to Sh'Kashta, first checking to make sure that she was breathing before beckoning the other crew on this ship to bring her below deck before she dies. It should have been okay with just two of them, but the merwoman's grip was so strong that it required a team of four to haul her below deck. Elof escorted the group, quickly drawing Mir and Jorn before rushing at any of the kraken's limbs that would dare threaten his unconscious comrade. Before they closed the hatch, he grabbed the collar of one of the crewmembers. "Stay. If I see you on deck with Kraken around, you get to be its food. Understand?" The crew member sheepishly nodded before the mercenary slammed the hatch in his face. Can't have any distractions on the battlefield.

Mentions: Horror Horror Thropian Thropian Slav Slav leviohsa leviohsa

≛ Luca Adesso
『 TAGGED 』Interactions: Kyuubey Kyuubey Mentions: Horror Horror Britt-21 Britt-21 StealthyShades StealthyShades Goonfire Goonfire
The sound of battle, something that was unfamiliar to Luca until now. The cries and screams of men, the thunderous booms from the cannons. All of this combined with the smoke from the spent gunpowder made Luca's head swirl as he tried to remain composed. The schooner was getting closer to the ghastly ship and as they got closer, so did the thunderous booms of cannons. His mind was almost out of it, until the appearance of Lucy had brought him back to his senses. "You shouldn't be running around with this barrage of cannon fire hailing upon on our ship. You'll have your head taken clean off." He wished he was exaggerating, seeing it a few moments before. One of the crew had more than just a headache.

While Lucy was attending to his wound, he paid attention to how the battle was developing, slowly moving into their favor. They were holding up much better than he anticipated, noting that it was hard to determine the outcome of a battle with all of the different variables. Luca's face winced as Lucy pulled out the piece of wood, glad that the adrenaline pumping through his body was still in affect. He took his attention off the battle for a moment, looking down to see a smile on Lucy's face. You have to be crazy to be smiling in a battle, there is nothing fun about this. His blue gaze shifted away from her and back to the ship that was still firing upon them. Lucy was cleaning the blood off of his arm, something that he didn't anticipate in a time like this. "You are too kind." The way Luca said it was more of a statement. Lucy was too kind, he couldn't imagine wiping off the blood of a friend in the midst of a battle. Luca watched Lucy runoff, remaining in place as he took out his spyglass.

The attacking ship was close enough to where they could make out most of the features of the ship. His spyglass allowed him to see the crew, sending a chill down his spine. Being attacked by the previously dead was a first for him. Another cannon ball whizzed by his head, causing him to duck. Why do the damn things seem attracted to me? After raising himself, he shifted his gaze to Kari and Lucy, who where using their magic to attack the ship. Lucy's attack had managed to immobilize the ship, allowing Luca to let out a sigh of relief. "Nice job, you just made things a lot easier for us." Luca said, walking past Lucy. He gave her a small pat on the back as he walked by to congratulate her. After walking to the center of the ship, he yelled at the top of his lungs-"Prepare to board!" Hopefully all those around would hear his command as their ship was approaching fast now that the attacking ship's sails were reduced to nothing.

Luca retreated to the captains quarters to retrieve his blade. He planned on boarding too, having a sword and not using it would be a shame. The quarters was a mess to say the least. A few cannon balls had crashed through the area, splinters of wood laying everywhere. Luckily, his chest was untouched. After unlatching and opening it, he retrieved his sword, putting it at his side. He also grabbed a flintlock pistol, examining it. He had only played around with it at his estate. His confidence in using it was low, but having it at his side would still be useful. He brought that along with him as well, hurriedly making his way back out onto the deck.

He took in a deep breath, slowly letting air out as he calmed himself down for what was to come. It was almost time to board the other ship. Anything could happen in battle and that's what worried Luca the most. He didn't plan on dying at sea. He wanted to see home again, spreading his newly gained knowledge. It wasn't the best time to be homesick but he couldn't help it. Seeing a skeleton at sea would make anyone want to go home.
code by @Nano

Val.png
x8OsdzF_CTuCHUoR3Jdcle_mflaawKhcGCXXrYAjJqE.jpg

The Elder The Elder Kyuubey Kyuubey Horror Horror Slav Slav leviohsa leviohsa Thropian Thropian Goonfire Goonfire Spiderverse Spiderverse

Valorie rolled her eyes with a laugh. What a wonderful time to make such a joke in this horrible situation. Well surely he did lighten the mood in it's darken state. "Next time I'll princess carry you." she responded while looking at Ci claiming that he had something that could help them as he ruffled around his bag. Mikhail eventually departed from her and stumbled towards the edge of the ship Damn it he shouldn't push himself after what just happened to him. The fairy thought before looking at the others who could have needed help. Unfortunately, that didn't last long as the Kraken eventually revealed its ugly purple body and was moving the boat more than before. In fact, it changed its angle and she tried to hold herself on something nearby as the cold water splashed onto the boat. Making this situation even worse. If too much water gets on this boat, we'd be as good as dead. A hand of hers padded around her belt, looking for one of her rounded potions Which one...Fuck...Which one is it! Looking down, she was trying to figure out which one of these potions were going to help.

Ci had moved quickly, using his own trinket to blow some powdery-substance into the Kraken's eye. But that didn't help their situation as the boat got thrown off course and spun around. The sudden force was strong and almost had her dislocate a shoulder had Val not release her grip. Her back met the rail and had knocked the breath out of her. While regaining her own conscious, she watched as Elof was hauling Kash out of the area and into the bottom deck Oh good, he got her and lived from his suicide attempt. With a few coughs, the Fairy looked around and noticed her staff just barely out of her reach. As fast as possible, she reached for it and pulled it back This mother fucker needs to die...But wait didn't that guy say...It regenerates? Well that's a problem... Think Val Think! Forcing herself up, she looked to the sky and those thick clouds This isn't going to be strong enough still..This would be one of the only ways. Looking back at her belt, she pulled one of her rounded potions Let's hope this is one of the more flammable ones.

Valorie mustered up the strength to rush over towards the side of where the Kraken was now located "Ci if you have anything flammable, THROW IT!" While telling Ci the bare minimum of her plan, she was still going to attempt it. While reeling her arm back, she basically yeeted the potion in her hand, attempting to hit the Kraken. Luckily it had and this gave her what she needed. Backing up, she lifted her staff toward the sky and slowly but surely, a light was shining from behind the dark clouds. One could almost think it could be a meteor coming full force from behind the curtain of fluff.

faraine zolas
rocking the boat
On deck
loving life
pls refer to photo
Faraine knew it was a risk to reach out to a stranger and ask for a plan. Hell, it was out of character for her to even try. Her interaction with Carlisle only reaffirmed this habit of solitude as he spoke up, "Don't do what he's doing. That's how you get yourself swallowed up by the sea."

The giant looked down at him, features deadpan and clearly unamused by the obvious bit of advice as she watched him continue to swat at the tentacles. Rolling her eyes, she turned back around to where she was previously facing, only to find three tentacles charging towards her at an incredible speed. Muscles tensed as she readied her blade, adrenaline ready to push the giant onwards towards battle. However, her reflexes were not fast enough, the Kraken's appendages nearly grazing her skin before the blonde Templar hastily sliced them. Golden eyes looked to him again, listening to his lighthearted remark before he slipped and fell onto the slippery deck beneath them.

Faraine couldn't help the chuckle that slipped from her lips, which escalated to a gasp as the boat began to tilt, forcing her to shift her gaze towards the ever-looming Kraken. She noticed Mikhail in the distance, bright blue horns barely standing out against the deep, murky gray sky and sea surrounding them. Faraine did not have time to cast judgements, because the same large wave of water that swept Carlisle away also snagged the half-elf, lifting her off her feet and directly into the ship's railings, nearly knocking the wind out of her as her left hand reached out to hold onto the same railing, stomach turning whilst the boat began to rock in the opposite direction. She never dared let go of her sword, her hand beginning to cramp from how tightly she grasped said weapon.

She gasped whilst catching her breath, familiar to the feeling thanks to prior experience in battle. It only took a moment or so to get her breath back, and in that time, she watched Ciaran shoot spices into the eye of the Kraken. An ingenious move, she had to admit. This sentiment of respect quickly dissipated as the boat rocked even more, willing Faraine to groan, still holding on to the railing as she did her best to keep her body planted.

Eventually, her body found a pattern with the erratic rhythm of the boat, feeling comfortable enough to let go of the railing and pick herself back up. It was then that she spotted the dead-eyed mercenary emerging from the side of the ship,

"It heals. Don't waste energy. Need strike to kill, just kill." Turns out he wasn't just a psycho with a death wish. Faraine nodded at him, her golden gaze watching him escort Sh'Kashta to safety. A wave of irritation couldn't help but harden her features, a scowl forming. The young girl risked her life for a man she did not know, just as the bounty hunter suspected.

Her bitter thoughts were interrupted by the screams of the same brunette that freed Mikhail, willing Faraine to listen in. It made sense, to use fire. Roast the damned thing and serve it as dinner, if they even make it out of these cursed waters. Her left hand fumbled around with her (now soaked) belt, hastily unclasping the backup vial of her sea-sickness potion. Faraine held it up, eyeing it longingly before letting out a defeated sigh, winding up with all the strength she could muster and chucking the potion towards the beam of light the stranger cast.

Not like the stupid potion worked, anyway.
coded by natasha.

Pirates, Alchemists, Cecil…OH MY!!!
Zenoulis Silvercraw

The half-demon walked through the streets, not giving a shit about all the eyes staring him down. He knew his kind wasn’t liked around these parts. His people smelled of deception and were not to be trusted. Hey, it’s not his fault he was raised by pirates. It was that or death. All he wanted was a drink. He was hankering for a sip of the demon’s holy water; the lack of it was making him insane. It wasnt as if he didn't just have his last sip of the whisky bottle that he was holding, 30 seconds ago. In his drunken haze, Zenoulis saw a silver-tail beast beauty, holding the best thing in the world, a bottle of what he thought was liquor.

He stumbled towards the duo and pushed both other of them out of his way. This action led him to fall drunkenly to the ground. He reached for something to help him jup and accidentally grabbed the lioness’s tail. He pulled it and in this process found himself on the ground again. Cecil kicked the demon since he unknowingly tried to rip off the breastman’s tail.

After that fiasco, Zenoulis somehow unknowing to him was right at the door to the Crow's Cage. Once the pirate finally entered the establishment he Was dumbfounded at the amount of bottles of ‘liquor’ around him. Stumbling over to the nearby shelf and popping open one of the bottles, he took a sniff of want to be laid inside.“This smells like rum?” He took a swig of the potion. His tastebuds replied to him in disappointment. This did not taste like his heavenly drink. He spat out what was left and knew that it wasn’t rum, but it smelled like it. After sniffing the potion one more time his addiction overtook him. he downed the rest of the potion. He began to hiccup and little bits of confetti shot everywhere. Unknowing him, Zenoulis drank a party potion.

The pirate looked around the room seeing that everyone was occupied in the conversation. He began to shove as many bottles of this potion into his jacket. As he was about to leave with his stolen merchandise, he overheard the conversation that everyone was having specifically about the alchemist and her troubles. A wanted Alchemist? That's a new one, he thought. If she was able to make potions, maybe she could make alcohol. And if she couldn't then he can turn her in to whomever and get money for his ‘habit’. He walked over to the group. "However, because of my skill set. I need to leave without a trace. Would any of you have access to any resources that could aid me? I must leave Altaire by sundown." “Well, Maeve, I don't think I could get you out unnoticed, nor do I think it wise” He knew he had to get her out of this place without causing a scene. “Excuse me, you need someone to smuggle you out of the city? I can do that. Let’s go before anyone sees you.” Without permission, the pirate grabbed the fairy and threw her over his shoulder. “Good day, gentlemen. and… bear?” he said as he walked out of the potion shop with Maeve and a jacket full of stolen potions.
Code By Nano

Ciaran
Ship #1, Deck

Things seemed to grow more dire, as the sand tube's potent contents didn't quite yield the desired effect. Had this been a human or most land animals, they'd have recoiled and let go, but the kraken wasn't so easily dissuaded. The vicious cycle continued—lop off tentacles, watch them regrow, roll around the deck as the ship nearly capsized, then repeat. Ciaran's pounding, racing heart couldn't take much more of this. He deposited the empty tube in his bag and clung to the railing, eyes squinched shut.

His folded ears perked up once more as Valorie called for him to throw something flammable. She and the bounty hunter contributed their own concoctions, which burst into flames as the glass shattered. He groaned loudly in defeat, realizing his own vial of the sea sickness potion still sat below deck. "I don' have anythin'!" he yelled back before a tentacle slammed down on the railing, mere inches from his face. The grotesque appendage flailed, forcing him to lean further back to avoid getting struck. The wood creaked, screaming under the immense weight and pressure it barely withstood.

Lying with his back flat against the deck, Ciaran caught sight of something that made the metaphorical bell chime in his head. Fastened to the walls were several dangling wrought iron oil lanterns with glass windows. Of course! They didn't use dangerous open flames as their source of light; they had to use lanterns filled with... oil! Yes, those were sure to help! "Lan'erns! Use th' lan'ern oil!" He gritted his teeth and snarled, knowing his accent made communication difficult at times. "GET THE LAN-TERNS!!!"

Interactions: Britt-21 Britt-21
Mentions: leviohsa leviohsa

Last edited:
Luminita Spatafora
Ghost Ship, Deck

As the ship turned and drew closer by Luca's command, Nita drew back and whipped the grappling hooks towards the Ship. Each caught on the waterlogged railings as she reeled them back in, securing the gap for crossing. Funnily, she said nothing to Rina, who had volunteered to fight alongside her, until it was time to close the gap. "Fine. We will fight back-to-back, but if you hit me with the backswing of that monstrosity, your ass is going overboard," she cautioned the girl, pointing to the mallet. She had seen many mishaps involving heavy weapons. Such experiences made her write them off as clumsy and ineffective. "See you over there."

Oddly, Nita still had one more rope and hook coiled and hanging over her shoulder. She didn't attempt to climb across on the other ropes; no, she had a different plan. After climbing up the mast, she perched herself on a top, where she fastened the rope. Lucy, with a beautifully placed shot, destroyed the main mast. Nita responded by adjusting her aim and casting the hook, which flew in a downwards arc towards the ghost ship's still-intact foremast. It caught said mast, and the rope pulled itself taut from the motion of the ships attempting to circle one another.

Luminita's next move was to remove one sheathed saber from her sword belt. Placing it over the rope, she gripped the hilt with one hand and the sheath with the other. With a short running start, she kicked off the top and glided down on this crude zipline. The literal skeleton crew came into view quickly; the spectacle of Logi launching herself onto the ghost ship and the sheer combined firepower of Kari and Lucy earned the attention of most of the pirates, blinding them to the threat descending upon them.

The swordsman reached the other mast with a thud. Her soles made contact with the foul wood, while her knees bent to avoid her legs breaking. One skeletal pirate turned to look up at the source of the shadow above it. A boot met its face, and its skull twisted around with a grotesque snap. Following her drop-kick, Nita rattled its skull with her pommel, simultaneously drawing her weapon. The last move of her vicious assault was a horizontal swing that severed the head entirely. Two more rushed her with cutlasses drawn, swinging at her from both sides. She extended her arms outward, blocking with sword and sheath. They applied pressure to try and shove past her defense; for creatures with no muscle left, they were strong!

Interactions: Britt-21 Britt-21
Mentions: Firelie Firelie Slav Slav Horror Horror Kyuubey Kyuubey

Last edited:

Rina.png
__mudrock_arknights_drawn_by_shisantian__sample-960bc7649226bc517f66577e30b09a0d.jpg

Goonfire Goonfire Slav Slav StealthyShades StealthyShades Horror Horror The Elder The Elder Kyuubey Kyuubey Firelie Firelie (BOAT 2)

While helping Nita, Rina glanced over at the others quickly. There was the sight of Lucy who came to the upper deck and already was in the action and attacking the ship by basically hand throwing those heavy cannon balls, then there was Kari shooting a cannon, and...Wait was that Logi being sent out of a cannon? Narrowing those ruby red eyes of hers, she could barely see as she landed on the boat no doubt. I can't believe she took a cannon without her ass being blown to pieces. Rina thought and spotted Luca as he rushed further into the boat. If he's moving like that, I think Lucy got to him. The Dwelf's ears perked while hearing the blonde beside her "You got it, I promise I wont knock you out. Though I suggest you watch out." Jokingly said, she watched Nita get prepared to board and even Rina herself began to prepare. Even though the ropes had been prepared with the hooks, Rina didn't need them if they were close enough to jump.

As she took a few steps back, she prepared to dash and make the jump. However, she was suddenly grabbed in a death-grip like state with a strong arm around her neck. Now she could breathe, but man she couldn't move worth her life. Squirming to get free, she heard a familiar voice speak from above "Come on Little One." It was the one woman who was beefy as hell and could basically lift anyone she wanted, whenever she wanted. Oh it's just Vi. Okay, well, if she's gonna save me some energy getting over there I'll take it. A grin tugged her lips as the Beastwoman seemed to take the same route as Nita. While traveling along the rope, Rina squirmed and got free using the force of gravity on her side while sending herself practically airborne. Here we go! Time to wreck the hulls! Pun intended of course. The only thing that could be heard from the woman was laughter as she pulled her hammer out and over her head before slamming it into a group of three skeletons and basically shattering them with the force of her swing in combination with her coming from above.

Taking a quick sweep of surroundings, there was definitely a full crew here they had to knock out. Then her eyes fell onto a familiar blonde trying to hold off on the enemy that got her from both sides. Running over with her thudding boots against the deck, the Dwelf brought the hammer and swung it sideways in order to slam the head right through the ribcage. This caused the pieces to go flying, while also giving Nita a small break being double teamed by some skeletons "I got your back Nita!" Turning her body, she looked for her next target. Also, where the fuck was Logi?

Anise Paige
Britt-21 Britt-21 Slav Slav leviohsa leviohsa Tarot of Death Tarot of Death Jackaboi Jackaboi StealthyShades StealthyShades

Boy things were turning out to be quite noisy here after all this. This small shop was beginning to get a little cramped. Actually, scratch that, very cramped, what with the literal bear of a man taking up much of the area. He was indeed quite powerful in stature. And this in no doubt was a large reason for the the assailant taking his leave. She let the ink stay on the man's person, hoping it might find something interesting. Like a ledger or a notebook. Some information at all, really. If this Maeve girl was such a renowned Alchemist then why did a ne'er-do-well have anything to do with such a sweet and innocent looking fairy? Quite curious indeed.

It was unfortunate for the Potion-Making Prodigy, as now the nosy bookworm was very much interested in her personal affairs. "Well, I don't know who that stranger was but quite frankly, I would sooner like to see him get picked on something bigger than him. A sea monster perhaps? Haha, that would be funny..." The archivist returned her book to the strap by her side and looked around at the rest of the group. "Oh! I nearly forgot to introduce myself! My name is Ani-."

Of course no sooner had she started introducing herself did another stranger, more akin to her own blood, make his way into the shop and start stumbling about. "-se... Pleasure to meet you all. I'm glad you're alright though Maeve." She didn't have any exact knowledge of how to smuggle the poor fairy out. Of course, that was when the other half-demon suddenly poked his head into this conversation, and quickly abducting the poor girl!

"W-Wha-Excuse me?!" She reached out and pulled against the man, pulling at his clothes, trying to slow him down. "This... Poor girl has just had... a HARROWING... Fright!" Her words were strained, as she pulled against him. "I'm not about to let some... brute abduct her right now!"

coollogo_com-202873427.png

1387698-Nami-League-of-Legends-LoL-Video-Game.jpgThose eyes that reflected the blues of the very depths of the ocean peered into Nasir’s own. He deflected as usual. It wasn’t unlike the man. After all this time he’d remained like a fortress. One that even Nesta’s own charms couldn’t get through. A knowing sigh tumbled past lips that had parted to speak before she thought better of it. This wasn’t the time to push. Surprisingly Nesta had always respected the man’s privacy, at least as far as mentally. Whatever terrors or trauma he’d had to endure was a story that he’d tell when he was ready. Or perhaps he’d never be ready. That was also a possibility. Either way, she’d never use her magic to pry it from him.

Once he moved her into a standing position, Nesta tilted her head as she felt the shift in the ocean beneath the boat. Even the ship rocked differently, as if shuddering in the face of something powerful. An equally concerned expression drifted onto her features when she heard the word Kraken being shouted amongst the crew. As Nasir tugged them away from where they’d once rested, Nesta plucked up her ornate lantern and clutched it tightly to her chest. Hand in hand the two appeared on the bustling deck. Everyone had sprung into action and there was no time to waste.

Still being pulled along, Nesta cast a lingering look over her shoulder towards everyone pulling together in an attempt to fend off the terror of the deep; the Kraken. They were resourceful, she’d give them that. A shiver crept down along her spine like a trail of trickling ice. It only intensified as the long powerful tentacles struck the boat in a frenzied fury. It was seething and fueled by pure rage. Nesta could feel its anger. It needed to be sedated. Soothed. Lulled. Something before it destroyed the very vessel keeping them all afloat. And it wasn’t just any ship. It was her home and it needed to be protected at any cost.

Nesta slipped her hand from Nasir’s as their eyes met so that she could grasp the cursed object closer to her body. There was no further delay as her hair went flying about like loose ribbons and she disappeared off the side of the ship to plummet into the freezing waters below headfirst. At first she was greeted with nothing but darkness and resistance as the water dared to throw her about like a ragdoll. Her eyes were forced shut but when they reopened they were glowing like lanterns. An orange hue resembling soft embers shining like beacons that cut through the murkiness. Her legs had disappeared, now replaced with a long tail embellished with feathery looking fins. Glimmering scales were scattered about her body as if she were wearing a wet suit of sorts.

Everything became easier the instant she went from human form to that of a siren. Instead of feeling like prey dropped into an area infested with dangerous creatures, Nesta had become one of them. She swam around with ease, avoiding what tentacles were visible that sliced through the waters and moved more freely than above. The depths was its natural habitat after all. But it was also hers.

Nesta peered over at Nasir with a predatory glance befitting of her kind and held the lantern out in an attempt to reveal her plan to him. And then she swam a distance away, trying to give the man a fighting chance. Nasir’s merman side gave him a type of resistance but Nesta had no idea if it would be enough since he wasn’t full blooded. His elf heritage would make this risky but she hoped that he knew she’d never truly put him in a position of danger. Not intentionally.

An ethereal melody soon began to be heard by those under the rippling waters. It spoke of dreams and wishes. It was filled with longing and promise. That tug and pull only increased as time went on, daring to strip everything around her of their own inhibitions. To those above it sounded like a drowned out tune. A flame flickered within her lantern, coming alive at the behest of her siren song, and Nesta held it in front of her, nurturing it with her song and magic. While she sang to the beast before her, the cage held within her palms whispered eerily back at her. It would take time but the distractions up above on the aggressive creature was proving to make this an easier task. Nesta silently felt a kinship towards the Kraken as she stared at it in all of its glory. It had the ability to drag sailors to their doom and untimely deaths. It was the very thing that her own kind was known for. Were they much different? Nesta tried not to dwell on the question and instead focused on the task at hand.

As if finally became aware of the threat below Nesta closed her eyes in preparation as a giant tentacle came lashing out her way like a missile straight for her. Even if it hit her and sent her flying, the pirate would continue singing with every breath she was capable of taking until its soul was ripped from its ginormous body. Nesta quietly vowed to herself that it wouldn’t sink her ship and it wouldn’t take the life of anyone on board. They'd come for an adventure and she'd promised them passage across the treacherous seas, not to sail off to die before they'd even stepped foot onto land in the Unknown territories. If they could face this and live to tell the tale then surely they'd stand a chance against more lethal foes that they were sure to cross paths with.

This was a trial. A test. The ocean always gave them to those who ventured forth upon it.

And while the group itself might not be part of her original crew... on this voyage they were honorary pirates, even the holier than thou one, and they'd be treated and protected as such.

Interacted with; Nasir The Elder The Elder
Mentioned; Boat Uno​

Last edited:
maeve thistlebottom
careful what you wish for
Leaving The Crow's Cage
frustrated, confused
pls refer to photo
Maeve listened to the friendly acquaintance's offer, however clear disappointment became apparent in her eyes whilst he mentioned the well-known tavern. The fairy was never one to enjoy the environment of a tavern, especially after today's encounter. It sounded like he could not help her, despite the allure of an entirely new alchemy set. She bit the inside of her cheek, mulling over what would be her best option whilst Olfa finalized his purchase with the shopkeeper, Silva.

Would it really be unwise to leave the city unnoticed? It was what rogue heroes in the stories did. Leave without a trace, and start a new life elsewhere. Surely, this Syndicate couldn't have reach across the seas. They certainly were not in her homeland, either. Thin brows furrowed in concentration as her mind continued to anxiously wonder what she could possibly do.

Maeve was so deep in thought, that she didn't notice the bumbling pirate creeping his way into the scene, “Excuse me, you need someone to smuggle you out of the city?" The alchemist straightened her posture, looking over at the source of the inquiry to find a half-demon who stood at a much greater height than her own. It became increasingly clear that Maeve really needed to work on her spatial awareness.

"I can do that. Let’s go before anyone sees you.” Maeve opened her mouth to retaliate, possibly ask his name at the very least. Instead, all she did was yelp as she was thrown over the demon's shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

"Wha-hey! Wait a minute-" Her own retaliations were coupled with the half-demoness who came to her aid just a few moments prior,

"This... Poor girl has just had... a HARROWING... Fright!" Maeve couldn't see what was happening behind her, but she could feel the woman tugging on the pirate, using all efforts to stop him from continuing with this absurd plan of his. "I'm not about to let some... brute abduct her right now!" Shame began to blossom in her mind again, hating that her life has come to relying on complete strangers.

Maeve began to wiggle and thrash upon his shoulder, "C-Could you at least- ugh!" She grunted, trying her best to remove herself from the seemingly iron grip this man had on her, "Let me ask what the hell you want?!" Maeve exclaimed, trying to look around and see where he was taking her, "Where are we even going?! You didn't pay for those potions!"

The only reason she noticed said potions, was because she could hear the conspicuous sound of glass clinking against itself underneath the demon's jacket. The thing must've weighed a ton, considering he had an astronomical amount of elixirs hanging in the inner pockets of the cloak. Maeve begrudgingly thought to herself,

Maybe I should've gone with the Syndicate...
coded by natasha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back